|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 51-60 dated February 20th, 1807 to October 25th, 1808.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A lady interrupts Jane's writing to inquire about hiring Anne as what?
(a) A governess.
(b) A maid.
(c) A librarian.
(d) A school mistress.
2. Jane is very busy making shirts for Edward, and she claims she is the ___________ worker.
3. Cassandra has a pleasant journey to Godmersham, but Jane worries. Why?
(a) Jane wonders if Cassandra will ever return.
(b) She was ill before she left.
(c) Her last letter seemed unhappy.
(d) She has not received a letter since Cassandra left home.
4. The Austens' journey to Kent will include Frank if he is not ____________ at the time.
5. What happened to both Mrs. Coulthard and Anne?
(a) They both moved to America.
(b) They both wrote books.
(c) They both came for a visit.
(d) They both died in childbirth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane disdains Robert Southey's "Letters from England" as horribly ______________.
2. Jane is upset that Cassandra will not be doing what with their mother and herself?
3. Jane attends a small ball with only thirty-one people. There are twenty dances, and Jane dances _______ of them.
4. She has read Sarah Harriet Burney's "Clarentine" and finds it how?
5. Jane jokingly wishes Edward a "happy thirtieth birthday", although it is actually his ____________ birthday.
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)