|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 51-60 dated February 20th, 1807 to October 25th, 1808.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Jane been practicing her music instead of writing?
(a) She has just received a new piano forte.
(b) She is tired of writing.
(c) She has been asked to play the piano forte at the next ball.
(d) She has a complaint in her eye which makes reading and writing difficult
2. Jane jokingly wishes Edward a "happy thirtieth birthday", although it is actually his ____________ birthday.
3. Jane hopes to see Cassandra soon, and praises James as what?
(a) A wonderful horseman.
(b) A help around the house.
(c) A useful "man of letters".
(d) A great friend.
4. Mrs. Austen plans to move where?
(a) To Birchwood.
(b) To Alton.
(c) To Daventry.
(d) To London.
5. Jane writes to offer her condolences to Edward on the death of who?
(a) His friend.
(b) His niece.
(c) His fiancee.
(d) His wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane and Mrs. Austen are currently in a house in Seymour Street, but Jane went with her uncle to look at two pleasing houses where?
2. Why is Godmersham uncomfortable?
3. Jane is tired of writing and does not intend to write for how long?
4. The Austens' journey to Kent will include Frank if he is not ____________ at the time.
5. Jane is very busy making shirts for Edward, and she claims she is the ___________ worker.
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)