|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 51-60 dated February 20th, 1807 to October 25th, 1808.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane Austen writes to her sister, Cassandra, and recounts what?
(a) Her recent illness.
(b) Her trip to London.
(c) The previous night's ball.
(d) The previous night's symphony performance.
2. A lady interrupts Jane's writing to inquire about hiring Anne as what?
(a) A maid.
(b) A school mistress.
(c) A librarian.
(d) A governess.
3. Why is Jane anxious to go home?
(a) She is bored.
(b) There has been a lot of company at Mrs. Knight's house.
(c) She misses Cassandra.
(d) She is not feeling well.
4. Jane is disappointed that Cassandra is doing what?
(a) Staying away from home longer.
(b) Coming home so soon.
(c) Moving away from home.
(d) Getting married.
5. Jane hopes to see Cassandra soon, and praises James as what?
(a) A great friend.
(b) A help around the house.
(c) A wonderful horseman.
(d) A useful "man of letters".
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane is flattered by her sister's commendation of her writing since Jane "writes only for _______________".
2. Jane jokingly wishes Edward a "happy thirtieth birthday", although it is actually his ____________ birthday.
3. Why does Jane call on most of their neighbors?
4. She has read Sarah Harriet Burney's "Clarentine" and finds it how?
5. Jane has been pressured to stay with Mrs. Knight until September but desires to be home when?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)