|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 51-60 dated February 20th, 1807 to October 25th, 1808.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jane call on most of their neighbors?
(a) Because she is bored.
(b) Because she likes her neighbors.
(c) Because of the warm weather.
(d) Because she is feeling better.
2. Mrs. Austen finds her deceased husband's _________________ and wants Frank to accept them.
(a) Letters, bills, and gloves.
(b) Glasses, handkerchief, and shoe horn.
(c) Suspenders, comb, and toothbrush.
(d) Compass, sun-dial and scissors.
3. Jane is enjoying the beauty of Southampton despite what?
(a) Her languor and illness.
(b) Missing Cassandra.
(c) The poor weather.
(d) Her earlier reluctance.
4. Jane disdains Robert Southey's "Letters from England" as horribly ______________.
5. Why does Cassandra need not worry about Penlingtons?
(a) Mrs. Austen has already settled business there.
(b) Jane plans to settle business there.
(c) Mr. Austen plans to settle business there.
(d) Edward has already settled business there.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane writes to her cousin, Miss Walter Seal, in American to offer her condolences on the loss of who?
2. A lady interrupts Jane's writing to inquire about hiring Anne as what?
3. What happened to both Mrs. Coulthard and Anne?
4. Mr. Austen offers his ____________ to James Digweed but is refused.
5. Sophie is happy with what that Lizzy sends her?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)