|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 51-60 dated February 20th, 1807 to October 25th, 1808.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane generously allows Mary all of her former admirers for what reason?
(a) She means to confine herself exclusively to Tom Lefroy.
(b) She does not like admirers.
(c) She knows that Mary does not have any admirers.
(d) She is getting married.
2. Jane is pleased with Miss Fletcher for drinking her tea without ______________ and for her admiration of "Camilla".
3. Why is Jane anxious to go home?
(a) She misses Cassandra.
(b) She is bored.
(c) There has been a lot of company at Mrs. Knight's house.
(d) She is not feeling well.
4. Jane was alone with Mr. Holder at Ashe Park for ten minutes, which was very _______________.
(a) Fun and exciting.
(b) Strange but enjoyable.
(c) Relaxing and peaceful.
(d) Uncomfortable and awkward.
5. Why does Jane call on most of their neighbors?
(a) Because she is feeling better.
(b) Because of the warm weather.
(c) Because she is bored.
(d) Because she likes her neighbors.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mr. Austen inquires about Tom, she tells him that her nephew is studying for _____________ in London and sends his regrets to Mrs. Austen on her illness.
2. Jane is disappointed that Cassandra is doing what?
3. Jane complains that people are ____________ in this neighborhood.
4. Jane receives a descriptive letter from Frank, and a letter from Charles stating that what is awaiting orders?
5. The Austens' journey to Kent will include Frank if he is not ____________ at the time.
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)