|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 51-60 dated February 20th, 1807 to October 25th, 1808.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Jane been practicing her music instead of writing?
(a) She has just received a new piano forte.
(b) She has a complaint in her eye which makes reading and writing difficult
(c) She has been asked to play the piano forte at the next ball.
(d) She is tired of writing.
2. Why is Godmersham uncomfortable?
(a) Cassandra is not there.
(b) Jane must share a bed.
(c) Jane's room is small.
(d) Jane has no friends.
3. Jane is very busy making shirts for Edward, and she claims she is the ___________ worker.
4. Jane was alone with Mr. Holder at Ashe Park for ten minutes, which was very _______________.
(a) Uncomfortable and awkward.
(b) Strange but enjoyable.
(c) Fun and exciting.
(d) Relaxing and peaceful.
5. Jane is enjoying the beauty of Southampton despite what?
(a) Missing Cassandra.
(b) Her earlier reluctance.
(c) Her languor and illness.
(d) The poor weather.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane writes to offer her condolences to Edward on the death of who?
2. Mrs. Austen plans to move where?
3. Jane laments losing what of her mother's?
4. What happened to both Mrs. Coulthard and Anne?
5. Jane is tired of writing and does not intend to write for how long?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)