|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 51-60 dated February 20th, 1807 to October 25th, 1808.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane is enjoying the beauty of Southampton despite what?
(a) Missing Cassandra.
(b) Her earlier reluctance.
(c) Her languor and illness.
(d) The poor weather.
2. Why does Cassandra need not worry about Penlingtons?
(a) Jane plans to settle business there.
(b) Mrs. Austen has already settled business there.
(c) Mr. Austen plans to settle business there.
(d) Edward has already settled business there.
3. Jane praises her sister's ______________ writing in her last correspondence.
4. Jane sees Miss Chamberlayne perform _____________, which reminds her of Miss Lefroy's performance.
(a) In an opera.
(b) On horseback.
(c) In a ballet.
(d) In a play.
5. She refers to her work, "First Impressions", which would later become what novel?
(a) "Mansfield Park."
(b) "Sense and Sensibility."
(c) "Pride and Prejudice."
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane informs her sister that Edward and Frank have left to do what?
2. Jane Austen writes to her sister, Cassandra, and recounts what?
3. Although Eliza is ill, she is still __________.
4. Jane attends a small ball with only thirty-one people. There are twenty dances, and Jane dances _______ of them.
5. Why does Jane call on most of their neighbors?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)