|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 51-60 dated February 20th, 1807 to October 25th, 1808.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. She has read Sarah Harriet Burney's "Clarentine" and finds it how?
(a) Stupid and filled with unnatural conduct.
(b) Interesting and intriguing.
(c) Boring and a waste of time.
(d) Surprising and filled with unusual events.
2. Why does Jane call on most of their neighbors?
(a) Because she likes her neighbors.
(b) Because she is feeling better.
(c) Because she is bored.
(d) Because of the warm weather.
3. Jane generously allows Mary all of her former admirers for what reason?
(a) She does not like admirers.
(b) She knows that Mary does not have any admirers.
(c) She is getting married.
(d) She means to confine herself exclusively to Tom Lefroy.
4. Cassandra has a pleasant journey to Godmersham, but Jane worries. Why?
(a) Jane wonders if Cassandra will ever return.
(b) Her last letter seemed unhappy.
(c) She has not received a letter since Cassandra left home.
(d) She was ill before she left.
5. A lady interrupts Jane's writing to inquire about hiring Anne as what?
(a) A school mistress.
(b) A governess.
(c) A maid.
(d) A librarian.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane has a pleasant journey to Paragon where she has what?
2. Why is Godmersham uncomfortable?
3. Why has Jane been practicing her music instead of writing?
4. The apothecary believes that Edward did what?
5. She praises Tom, mentioning that his only fault is what?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)