|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 51-60 dated February 20th, 1807 to October 25th, 1808.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Jane retract this statement?
(a) She receives a commissioned biography for the prince regent.
(b) She receives a letter from Cassandra asking for a book.
(c) She receives a letter from Frank, warning of long intervals in his writing.
(d) She receives a compliment from her mother regarding her last book.
2. Jane is flattered by her sister's commendation of her writing since Jane "writes only for _______________".
(b) Her family.
3. Why is Godmersham uncomfortable?
(a) Jane has no friends.
(b) Jane's room is small.
(c) Jane must share a bed.
(d) Cassandra is not there.
4. Jane is disappointed that Cassandra is doing what?
(a) Getting married.
(b) Coming home so soon.
(c) Moving away from home.
(d) Staying away from home longer.
5. She has read Sarah Harriet Burney's "Clarentine" and finds it how?
(a) Interesting and intriguing.
(b) Boring and a waste of time.
(c) Stupid and filled with unnatural conduct.
(d) Surprising and filled with unusual events.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane prefers _________________ in terms of nursing her brother back to health.
2. She praises Tom, mentioning that his only fault is what?
3. Jane and Mrs. Austen are currently in a house in Seymour Street, but Jane went with her uncle to look at two pleasing houses where?
4. Jane praises her sister's ______________ writing in her last correspondence.
5. Jane has subscribed to whose library of novels and other literature?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)