|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 51-60 dated February 20th, 1807 to October 25th, 1808.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Although Eliza is ill, she is still __________.
2. Jane is upset that Cassandra will not be doing what with their mother and herself?
(a) Going to Berkhamsted.
(b) Going to Bath.
(c) Going to Barnsley.
(d) Going to Beckenham.
3. Why does Anne give notice to discontinue her employment for the Austens?
(a) She has found a new job.
(b) She is engaged.
(c) Her family is moving out of the country.
(d) She will become a school mistress.
4. Jane complains that people are ____________ in this neighborhood.
(a) Too poor and economical.
(b) Too dull and boring.
(c) Too rambunctious and fashion-forward.
(d) Too shy and conventional.
5. Jane discusses the plans for moving ____________ with Cassandra and tells her that their aunt is happy about the Austens' moving.
(a) To Berkhamsted.
(b) To Barnsley.
(c) To Beckenham.
(d) To Bath.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane hopes to see Cassandra soon, and praises James as what?
2. She attends a party at the Cookes' but there is scarcely any what there?
3. Why is Godmersham uncomfortable?
4. She praises Tom, mentioning that his only fault is what?
5. Jane laments losing what of her mother's?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)