|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 51-60 dated February 20th, 1807 to October 25th, 1808.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane is flattered by her sister's commendation of her writing since Jane "writes only for _______________".
(d) Her family.
2. Jane has a pleasant journey to Paragon where she has what?
(a) Her own room.
(b) Her own horse.
(c) Her own bathroom.
(d) Her own suite.
3. Jane laments losing what of her mother's?
4. Jane generously allows Mary all of her former admirers for what reason?
(a) She knows that Mary does not have any admirers.
(b) She does not like admirers.
(c) She is getting married.
(d) She means to confine herself exclusively to Tom Lefroy.
5. Why has Jane been practicing her music instead of writing?
(a) She is tired of writing.
(b) She has just received a new piano forte.
(c) She has been asked to play the piano forte at the next ball.
(d) She has a complaint in her eye which makes reading and writing difficult
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane attends a small ball with only thirty-one people. There are twenty dances, and Jane dances _______ of them.
2. Jane is pleased to tell Cassandra what about their mother?
3. Mr. Austen offers his ____________ to James Digweed but is refused.
4. Why is Jane anxious to go home?
5. Jane is very busy making shirts for Edward, and she claims she is the ___________ worker.
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)