|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 51-60 dated February 20th, 1807 to October 25th, 1808.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Jane retract this statement?
(a) She receives a letter from Frank, warning of long intervals in his writing.
(b) She receives a letter from Cassandra asking for a book.
(c) She receives a compliment from her mother regarding her last book.
(d) She receives a commissioned biography for the prince regent.
2. Jane is pleased with Miss Fletcher for drinking her tea without ______________ and for her admiration of "Camilla".
3. Jane attends a small ball with only thirty-one people. There are twenty dances, and Jane dances _______ of them.
4. Jane Austen writes to her sister, Cassandra, and recounts what?
(a) The previous night's symphony performance.
(b) Her recent illness.
(c) The previous night's ball.
(d) Her trip to London.
5. Jane hears that Tom is to marry a girl from where?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jane call on most of their neighbors?
2. Jane praises her sister's ______________ writing in her last correspondence.
3. Mr. Austen offers his ____________ to James Digweed but is refused.
4. Jane has a pleasant journey to Paragon where she has what?
5. Why does Jane not expect letters from Cassandra until she receives them?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)