|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 51-60 dated February 20th, 1807 to October 25th, 1808.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane generously allows Mary all of her former admirers for what reason?
(a) She means to confine herself exclusively to Tom Lefroy.
(b) She is getting married.
(c) She knows that Mary does not have any admirers.
(d) She does not like admirers.
2. When Mr. Austen inquires about Tom, she tells him that her nephew is studying for _____________ in London and sends his regrets to Mrs. Austen on her illness.
(a) The bar.
(b) The GED.
(c) His medical license.
(d) His teacher certification.
3. Cassandra has a pleasant journey to Godmersham, but Jane worries. Why?
(a) Jane wonders if Cassandra will ever return.
(b) She has not received a letter since Cassandra left home.
(c) She was ill before she left.
(d) Her last letter seemed unhappy.
4. Mrs. Austen finds her deceased husband's _________________ and wants Frank to accept them.
(a) Letters, bills, and gloves.
(b) Suspenders, comb, and toothbrush.
(c) Compass, sun-dial and scissors.
(d) Glasses, handkerchief, and shoe horn.
5. Jane informs her sister that Edward and Frank have left to do what?
(a) Seek their fortunes.
(b) Go to university.
(c) Find jobs.
(d) Join the military.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane writes to her cousin, Miss Walter Seal, in American to offer her condolences on the loss of who?
2. Jane finds the parties stupid for what reason?
3. She attends a party at the Cookes' but there is scarcely any what there?
4. Mrs. Austen plans to move where?
5. The Austens' household articles have been ___________ finally.
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)