|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 51-60 dated February 20th, 1807 to October 25th, 1808.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane writes to her cousin, Miss Walter Seal, in American to offer her condolences on the loss of who?
(a) Miss Seal's mother.
(b) Miss Seal's brother.
(c) Miss Seal's sister.
(d) Miss Seal's father.
2. Jane is flattered by her sister's commendation of her writing since Jane "writes only for _______________".
(d) Her family.
3. The answer to number 27 is in reference to what book?
(a) Jonathan Swift's "A Journal to Stella."
(b) Jonathan Swift's "Gulliver's Travels".
(c) Jonathan Swift's "A Modest Proposal."
(d) Jonathan Swift's "Drapier's Letters."
4. Why does Cassandra need not worry about Penlingtons?
(a) Mr. Austen plans to settle business there.
(b) Jane plans to settle business there.
(c) Mrs. Austen has already settled business there.
(d) Edward has already settled business there.
5. Jane is pleased by Ly Gordon's manners, but thinks Ly Elizabeth and Miss Hatton have _________ to say.
(a) Extraordinary things.
(b) Too little.
(c) Too much.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mr. Austen inquires about Tom, she tells him that her nephew is studying for _____________ in London and sends his regrets to Mrs. Austen on her illness.
2. Although Eliza is ill, she is still __________.
3. Mr. Austen offers his ____________ to James Digweed but is refused.
4. Jane is pleased with Miss Fletcher for drinking her tea without ______________ and for her admiration of "Camilla".
5. She attends a party at the Cookes' but there is scarcely any what there?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)