|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 51-60 dated February 20th, 1807 to October 25th, 1808.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The answer to number 27 is in reference to what book?
(a) Jonathan Swift's "A Modest Proposal."
(b) Jonathan Swift's "Gulliver's Travels".
(c) Jonathan Swift's "Drapier's Letters."
(d) Jonathan Swift's "A Journal to Stella."
2. Jane is disappointed that Cassandra is doing what?
(a) Staying away from home longer.
(b) Getting married.
(c) Coming home so soon.
(d) Moving away from home.
3. Why does Cassandra need not worry about Penlingtons?
(a) Mr. Austen plans to settle business there.
(b) Edward has already settled business there.
(c) Jane plans to settle business there.
(d) Mrs. Austen has already settled business there.
4. Jane was alone with Mr. Holder at Ashe Park for ten minutes, which was very _______________.
(a) Strange but enjoyable.
(b) Fun and exciting.
(c) Relaxing and peaceful.
(d) Uncomfortable and awkward.
5. Jane hears that Tom is to marry a girl from where?
Short Answer Questions
1. A lady interrupts Jane's writing to inquire about hiring Anne as what?
2. Jane writes to offer her condolences to Edward on the death of who?
3. Jane is very busy making shirts for Edward, and she claims she is the ___________ worker.
4. When Mr. Austen inquires about Tom, she tells him that her nephew is studying for _____________ in London and sends his regrets to Mrs. Austen on her illness.
5. She attends a party at the Cookes' but there is scarcely any what there?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)