|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 31-40 dated January 14th, 1801 to January 21st, 1805.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane is pleased to tell Cassandra what about their mother?
(a) She has come for a visit.
(b) She has had another child.
(c) She has not had a relapse and is doing much better.
(d) She has written a book.
2. Jane wishes she could cancel what for the summer?
(a) Her piano lessons.
(b) Her dance lessons.
(c) Her work obligations.
(d) Her intended visits.
3. Jane is tired of writing and does not intend to write for how long?
(a) Many months.
(b) Many days.
(c) Many hours.
(d) Many weeks.
4. What happened to both Mrs. Coulthard and Anne?
(a) They both wrote books.
(b) They both moved to America.
(c) They both died in childbirth.
(d) They both came for a visit.
5. Mr. Austen offers his ____________ to James Digweed but is refused.
(a) Carpentry shop.
(b) Blacksmith shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cassandra has a pleasant journey to Godmersham, but Jane worries. Why?
2. When Mr. Austen inquires about Tom, she tells him that her nephew is studying for _____________ in London and sends his regrets to Mrs. Austen on her illness.
3. Jane feels certain that Frank's promotion would have solicited more appointments if he had been where at the time?
4. Jane was disappointed that Charles Fowle was not in attendance, but glad that her_____________, Tom Lefroy was there.
5. The answer to number 27 is in reference to what book?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)