|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 31-40 dated January 14th, 1801 to January 21st, 1805.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane prefers _________________ in terms of nursing her brother back to health.
(a) Dr. Fellowes to Dr. Mapleton.
(b) Dr. Morrow to Dr. Fells.
(c) Dr. Oz to Dr. Phil.
(d) Dr. Mapleton to Dr. Fellowes.
2. Jane generously allows Mary all of her former admirers for what reason?
(a) She does not like admirers.
(b) She knows that Mary does not have any admirers.
(c) She means to confine herself exclusively to Tom Lefroy.
(d) She is getting married.
3. Jane gossips to her sister that Earle Harwood accidentally did what and is in the hospital where his family visits him?
(a) Fell off his horse.
(b) Shot himself in the thigh.
(c) Fell down the stairs.
(d) Poisoned himself.
4. Jane Austen writes to her sister, Cassandra, and recounts what?
(a) Her recent illness.
(b) Her trip to London.
(c) The previous night's symphony performance.
(d) The previous night's ball.
5. When does Jane retract this statement?
(a) She receives a letter from Frank, warning of long intervals in his writing.
(b) She receives a compliment from her mother regarding her last book.
(c) She receives a commissioned biography for the prince regent.
(d) She receives a letter from Cassandra asking for a book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane writes to her cousin, Miss Walter Seal, in American to offer her condolences on the loss of who?
2. Jane is pleased with Miss Fletcher for drinking her tea without ______________ and for her admiration of "Camilla".
3. She praises Tom, mentioning that his only fault is what?
4. Jane attends a small ball with only thirty-one people. There are twenty dances, and Jane dances _______ of them.
5. A letter from Miss Pearson causes Jane to suspect the other lady of what?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)