|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 31-40 dated January 14th, 1801 to January 21st, 1805.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jane call on most of their neighbors?
(a) Because of the warm weather.
(b) Because she is feeling better.
(c) Because she likes her neighbors.
(d) Because she is bored.
2. When does Jane retract this statement?
(a) She receives a compliment from her mother regarding her last book.
(b) She receives a letter from Frank, warning of long intervals in his writing.
(c) She receives a letter from Cassandra asking for a book.
(d) She receives a commissioned biography for the prince regent.
3. The apothecary believes that Edward did what?
(a) Ate something disagreeable.
(b) Caught a virus.
(c) Was bitten by an insect.
(d) Poisoned himself intentionally.
4. Why does Cassandra need not worry about Penlingtons?
(a) Mr. Austen plans to settle business there.
(b) Edward has already settled business there.
(c) Mrs. Austen has already settled business there.
(d) Jane plans to settle business there.
5. What happened to both Mrs. Coulthard and Anne?
(a) They both died in childbirth.
(b) They both came for a visit.
(c) They both wrote books.
(d) They both moved to America.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane dissuades Cassandra from asking who to escort her to Steventon?
2. A letter from Miss Pearson causes Jane to suspect the other lady of what?
3. Jane gossips to her sister that Earle Harwood accidentally did what and is in the hospital where his family visits him?
4. Jane prefers _________________ in terms of nursing her brother back to health.
5. Jane is tired of writing and does not intend to write for how long?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)