|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 31-40 dated January 14th, 1801 to January 21st, 1805.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A letter from Miss Pearson causes Jane to suspect the other lady of what?
(d) Matrimonial views.
2. Mr. Austen offers his ____________ to James Digweed but is refused.
(a) Blacksmith shop.
(d) Carpentry shop.
3. Although Eliza is ill, she is still __________.
4. Cassandra has a pleasant journey to Godmersham, but Jane worries. Why?
(a) She has not received a letter since Cassandra left home.
(b) Her last letter seemed unhappy.
(c) She was ill before she left.
(d) Jane wonders if Cassandra will ever return.
5. Jane feels certain that Frank's promotion would have solicited more appointments if he had been where at the time?
(a) In France.
(b) In Germany.
(c) In England.
(d) In America.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane is tired of writing and does not intend to write for how long?
2. Jane finds the parties stupid for what reason?
3. Jane has a pleasant journey to Paragon where she has what?
4. The household items sold well, though Jane is unhappy with the price she got for what?
5. Why does Jane call on most of their neighbors?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)