|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 31-40 dated January 14th, 1801 to January 21st, 1805.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane is flattered by her sister's commendation of her writing since Jane "writes only for _______________".
(b) Her family.
2. Jane gossips to her sister that Earle Harwood accidentally did what and is in the hospital where his family visits him?
(a) Poisoned himself.
(b) Fell off his horse.
(c) Shot himself in the thigh.
(d) Fell down the stairs.
3. Jane and Mrs. Austen are currently in a house in Seymour Street, but Jane went with her uncle to look at two pleasing houses where?
(a) In White Park Buildings.
(b) In Blue Park Buildings.
(c) In Red Park Buildings.
(d) In Green Park Buildings.
4. Jane discusses the plans for moving ____________ with Cassandra and tells her that their aunt is happy about the Austens' moving.
(a) To Berkhamsted.
(b) To Beckenham.
(c) To Barnsley.
(d) To Bath.
5. Mr. Austen offers his ____________ to James Digweed but is refused.
(a) Blacksmith shop.
(c) Carpentry shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane was disappointed that Charles Fowle was not in attendance, but glad that her_____________, Tom Lefroy was there.
2. Jane feels certain that Frank's promotion would have solicited more appointments if he had been where at the time?
3. Jane prefers _________________ in terms of nursing her brother back to health.
4. Why has Jane been practicing her music instead of writing?
5. Jane writes to her cousin, Miss Walter Seal, in American to offer her condolences on the loss of who?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)