|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 31-40 dated January 14th, 1801 to January 21st, 1805.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane dissuades Cassandra from asking who to escort her to Steventon?
(a) Sir Robert.
(b) Sir Thomas.
(c) Sir Matthew.
(d) Sir John.
2. Jane prefers _________________ in terms of nursing her brother back to health.
(a) Dr. Fellowes to Dr. Mapleton.
(b) Dr. Oz to Dr. Phil.
(c) Dr. Mapleton to Dr. Fellowes.
(d) Dr. Morrow to Dr. Fells.
3. Jane informs her sister that Edward and Frank have left to do what?
(a) Seek their fortunes.
(b) Find jobs.
(c) Join the military.
(d) Go to university.
4. Why does Cassandra need not worry about Penlingtons?
(a) Jane plans to settle business there.
(b) Mrs. Austen has already settled business there.
(c) Mr. Austen plans to settle business there.
(d) Edward has already settled business there.
5. Jane and Mrs. Austen are currently in a house in Seymour Street, but Jane went with her uncle to look at two pleasing houses where?
(a) In Red Park Buildings.
(b) In Blue Park Buildings.
(c) In Green Park Buildings.
(d) In White Park Buildings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane praises her sister's ______________ writing in her last correspondence.
2. She refers to her work, "First Impressions", which would later become what novel?
3. Jane has subscribed to whose library of novels and other literature?
4. A letter from Miss Pearson causes Jane to suspect the other lady of what?
5. Why has Jane been practicing her music instead of writing?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)