|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 31-40 dated January 14th, 1801 to January 21st, 1805.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Austens' household articles have been ___________ finally.
2. Jane is pleased to tell Cassandra what about their mother?
(a) She has not had a relapse and is doing much better.
(b) She has come for a visit.
(c) She has had another child.
(d) She has written a book.
3. Jane informs her sister that Edward and Frank have left to do what?
(a) Seek their fortunes.
(b) Join the military.
(c) Find jobs.
(d) Go to university.
4. Jane and Mrs. Austen are currently in a house in Seymour Street, but Jane went with her uncle to look at two pleasing houses where?
(a) In Red Park Buildings.
(b) In Green Park Buildings.
(c) In White Park Buildings.
(d) In Blue Park Buildings.
5. Jane receives a descriptive letter from Frank, and a letter from Charles stating that what is awaiting orders?
(a) The 'Endymion.'
(b) The 'Edmondson.'
(c) The 'Edward.'
(d) The 'Endocrine.'
Short Answer Questions
1. On Monday, a parcel from London arrives. Jane is grateful to Cassandra for the long letter and many gifts, and Mr. Austen is pleased with what?
2. Jane attends a small ball with only thirty-one people. There are twenty dances, and Jane dances _______ of them.
3. Cassandra has a pleasant journey to Godmersham, but Jane worries. Why?
4. She praises Tom, mentioning that his only fault is what?
5. Jane generously allows Mary all of her former admirers for what reason?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)