|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 31-40 dated January 14th, 1801 to January 21st, 1805.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. She praises Tom, mentioning that his only fault is what?
(a) His light-colored morning coat.
(b) His navy blue dinner jacket.
(c) His unattractive cravats.
(d) His top hat.
2. A letter from Miss Pearson causes Jane to suspect the other lady of what?
(d) Matrimonial views.
3. When does Jane retract this statement?
(a) She receives a letter from Cassandra asking for a book.
(b) She receives a commissioned biography for the prince regent.
(c) She receives a letter from Frank, warning of long intervals in his writing.
(d) She receives a compliment from her mother regarding her last book.
4. Jane is tired of writing and does not intend to write for how long?
(a) Many weeks.
(b) Many days.
(c) Many months.
(d) Many hours.
5. Why does Cassandra need not worry about Penlingtons?
(a) Mr. Austen plans to settle business there.
(b) Edward has already settled business there.
(c) Mrs. Austen has already settled business there.
(d) Jane plans to settle business there.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane attends a small ball with only thirty-one people. There are twenty dances, and Jane dances _______ of them.
2. The answer to number 27 is in reference to what book?
3. Jane dissuades Cassandra from asking who to escort her to Steventon?
4. What happened to both Mrs. Coulthard and Anne?
5. The household items sold well, though Jane is unhappy with the price she got for what?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)