|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 31-40 dated January 14th, 1801 to January 21st, 1805.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane hears that Tom is to marry a girl from where?
2. Jane writes to her cousin, Miss Walter Seal, in American to offer her condolences on the loss of who?
(a) Miss Seal's father.
(b) Miss Seal's sister.
(c) Miss Seal's brother.
(d) Miss Seal's mother.
3. Jane is flattered by her sister's commendation of her writing since Jane "writes only for _______________".
(c) Her family.
4. Jane informs her sister that Edward and Frank have left to do what?
(a) Find jobs.
(b) Seek their fortunes.
(c) Go to university.
(d) Join the military.
5. Why does Jane call on most of their neighbors?
(a) Because she is bored.
(b) Because she is feeling better.
(c) Because she likes her neighbors.
(d) Because of the warm weather.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane and Mrs. Austen are currently in a house in Seymour Street, but Jane went with her uncle to look at two pleasing houses where?
2. Jane is pleased to tell Cassandra what about their mother?
3. Jane generously allows Mary all of her former admirers for what reason?
4. A letter from Miss Pearson causes Jane to suspect the other lady of what?
5. Jane finds the parties stupid for what reason?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)