|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 31-40 dated January 14th, 1801 to January 21st, 1805.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane is upset that Cassandra will not be doing what with their mother and herself?
(a) Going to Berkhamsted.
(b) Going to Bath.
(c) Going to Barnsley.
(d) Going to Beckenham.
2. Jane generously allows Mary all of her former admirers for what reason?
(a) She is getting married.
(b) She knows that Mary does not have any admirers.
(c) She means to confine herself exclusively to Tom Lefroy.
(d) She does not like admirers.
3. Why does Jane not expect letters from Cassandra until she receives them?
(a) Cassandra is not consistent about writing.
(b) To avoid disappointment.
(c) Jane forgets about Cassandra.
(d) Cassandra is often too busy to write.
4. When Mr. Austen inquires about Tom, she tells him that her nephew is studying for _____________ in London and sends his regrets to Mrs. Austen on her illness.
(a) The bar.
(b) His medical license.
(c) The GED.
(d) His teacher certification.
5. Jane complains that people are ____________ in this neighborhood.
(a) Too shy and conventional.
(b) Too poor and economical.
(c) Too rambunctious and fashion-forward.
(d) Too dull and boring.
Short Answer Questions
1. On Monday, a parcel from London arrives. Jane is grateful to Cassandra for the long letter and many gifts, and Mr. Austen is pleased with what?
2. Jane was disappointed that Charles Fowle was not in attendance, but glad that her_____________, Tom Lefroy was there.
3. The answer to number 27 is in reference to what book?
4. Jane writes to her cousin, Miss Walter Seal, in American to offer her condolences on the loss of who?
5. Jane gossips to her sister that Earle Harwood accidentally did what and is in the hospital where his family visits him?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)