|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 31-40 dated January 14th, 1801 to January 21st, 1805.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane feels certain that Frank's promotion would have solicited more appointments if he had been where at the time?
(a) In France.
(b) In Germany.
(c) In England.
(d) In America.
2. Jane attends a small ball with only thirty-one people. There are twenty dances, and Jane dances _______ of them.
3. The household items sold well, though Jane is unhappy with the price she got for what?
(a) Her books.
(b) Her art work.
(c) Her shoes.
(d) Her clothes.
4. Jane informs her sister that Edward and Frank have left to do what?
(a) Go to university.
(b) Join the military.
(c) Find jobs.
(d) Seek their fortunes.
5. Jane discusses the plans for moving ____________ with Cassandra and tells her that their aunt is happy about the Austens' moving.
(a) To Bath.
(b) To Barnsley.
(c) To Berkhamsted.
(d) To Beckenham.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane is very busy making shirts for Edward, and she claims she is the ___________ worker.
2. Jane Austen writes to her sister, Cassandra, and recounts what?
3. Jane and Mrs. Austen are currently in a house in Seymour Street, but Jane went with her uncle to look at two pleasing houses where?
4. Jane writes to her cousin, Miss Walter Seal, in American to offer her condolences on the loss of who?
5. Jane praises her sister's ______________ writing in her last correspondence.
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)