|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 31-40 dated January 14th, 1801 to January 21st, 1805.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane complains that people are ____________ in this neighborhood.
(a) Too shy and conventional.
(b) Too dull and boring.
(c) Too rambunctious and fashion-forward.
(d) Too poor and economical.
2. A letter from Miss Pearson causes Jane to suspect the other lady of what?
(a) Matrimonial views.
3. Jane prefers _________________ in terms of nursing her brother back to health.
(a) Dr. Fellowes to Dr. Mapleton.
(b) Dr. Oz to Dr. Phil.
(c) Dr. Morrow to Dr. Fells.
(d) Dr. Mapleton to Dr. Fellowes.
4. Jane feels certain that Frank's promotion would have solicited more appointments if he had been where at the time?
(a) In America.
(b) In France.
(c) In Germany.
(d) In England.
5. Jane writes to her cousin, Miss Walter Seal, in American to offer her condolences on the loss of who?
(a) Miss Seal's sister.
(b) Miss Seal's mother.
(c) Miss Seal's father.
(d) Miss Seal's brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cassandra has a pleasant journey to Godmersham, but Jane worries. Why?
2. Jane was disappointed that Charles Fowle was not in attendance, but glad that her_____________, Tom Lefroy was there.
3. Jane is very busy making shirts for Edward, and she claims she is the ___________ worker.
4. Mr. Austen offers his ____________ to James Digweed but is refused.
5. Jane dissuades Cassandra from asking who to escort her to Steventon?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)