|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 31-40 dated January 14th, 1801 to January 21st, 1805.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The apothecary believes that Edward did what?
(a) Caught a virus.
(b) Poisoned himself intentionally.
(c) Ate something disagreeable.
(d) Was bitten by an insect.
2. Jane feels certain that Frank's promotion would have solicited more appointments if he had been where at the time?
(a) In France.
(b) In Germany.
(c) In America.
(d) In England.
3. Jane writes to her cousin, Miss Walter Seal, in American to offer her condolences on the loss of who?
(a) Miss Seal's brother.
(b) Miss Seal's mother.
(c) Miss Seal's father.
(d) Miss Seal's sister.
4. What happened to both Mrs. Coulthard and Anne?
(a) They both moved to America.
(b) They both wrote books.
(c) They both died in childbirth.
(d) They both came for a visit.
5. Why does Jane not expect letters from Cassandra until she receives them?
(a) Cassandra is not consistent about writing.
(b) To avoid disappointment.
(c) Jane forgets about Cassandra.
(d) Cassandra is often too busy to write.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane praises her sister's ______________ writing in her last correspondence.
2. Jane is pleased to tell Cassandra what about their mother?
3. Jane prefers _________________ in terms of nursing her brother back to health.
4. Jane has a pleasant journey to Paragon where she has what?
5. A letter from Miss Pearson causes Jane to suspect the other lady of what?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)