|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 31-40 dated January 14th, 1801 to January 21st, 1805.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Cassandra need not worry about Penlingtons?
(a) Mrs. Austen has already settled business there.
(b) Edward has already settled business there.
(c) Jane plans to settle business there.
(d) Mr. Austen plans to settle business there.
2. A letter from Miss Pearson causes Jane to suspect the other lady of what?
(c) Matrimonial views.
3. Jane was disappointed that Charles Fowle was not in attendance, but glad that her_____________, Tom Lefroy was there.
(a) "American friend."
(b) "Italian friend."
(c) "Irish friend."
(d) "French friend."
4. When does Jane retract this statement?
(a) She receives a letter from Frank, warning of long intervals in his writing.
(b) She receives a letter from Cassandra asking for a book.
(c) She receives a compliment from her mother regarding her last book.
(d) She receives a commissioned biography for the prince regent.
5. Why does Jane call on most of their neighbors?
(a) Because she is feeling better.
(b) Because she likes her neighbors.
(c) Because she is bored.
(d) Because of the warm weather.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane discusses the plans for moving ____________ with Cassandra and tells her that their aunt is happy about the Austens' moving.
2. Jane finds the parties stupid for what reason?
3. Jane receives a descriptive letter from Frank, and a letter from Charles stating that what is awaiting orders?
4. Jane laments losing what of her mother's?
5. Why has Jane been practicing her music instead of writing?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)