|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 31-40 dated January 14th, 1801 to January 21st, 1805.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane complains that people are ____________ in this neighborhood.
(a) Too dull and boring.
(b) Too poor and economical.
(c) Too shy and conventional.
(d) Too rambunctious and fashion-forward.
2. Jane Austen writes to her sister, Cassandra, and recounts what?
(a) Her recent illness.
(b) The previous night's ball.
(c) The previous night's symphony performance.
(d) Her trip to London.
3. Cassandra has a pleasant journey to Godmersham, but Jane worries. Why?
(a) Her last letter seemed unhappy.
(b) Jane wonders if Cassandra will ever return.
(c) She has not received a letter since Cassandra left home.
(d) She was ill before she left.
4. Jane prefers _________________ in terms of nursing her brother back to health.
(a) Dr. Mapleton to Dr. Fellowes.
(b) Dr. Oz to Dr. Phil.
(c) Dr. Morrow to Dr. Fells.
(d) Dr. Fellowes to Dr. Mapleton.
5. Jane dissuades Cassandra from asking who to escort her to Steventon?
(a) Sir Robert.
(b) Sir Matthew.
(c) Sir Thomas.
(d) Sir John.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane has subscribed to whose library of novels and other literature?
2. Jane generously allows Mary all of her former admirers for what reason?
3. Jane is upset that Cassandra will not be doing what with their mother and herself?
4. Jane has a pleasant journey to Paragon where she has what?
5. The Austens' household articles have been ___________ finally.
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)