|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 21-30 dated June 11th, 1799 to January 1st, 1801.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane complains that people are ____________ in this neighborhood.
(a) Too poor and economical.
(b) Too rambunctious and fashion-forward.
(c) Too shy and conventional.
(d) Too dull and boring.
2. Jane is pleased with Miss Fletcher for drinking her tea without ______________ and for her admiration of "Camilla".
3. Why does Jane not expect letters from Cassandra until she receives them?
(a) Cassandra is often too busy to write.
(b) To avoid disappointment.
(c) Jane forgets about Cassandra.
(d) Cassandra is not consistent about writing.
4. Jane writes to her cousin, Miss Walter Seal, in American to offer her condolences on the loss of who?
(a) Miss Seal's father.
(b) Miss Seal's mother.
(c) Miss Seal's brother.
(d) Miss Seal's sister.
5. Jane is pleased to tell Cassandra what about their mother?
(a) She has had another child.
(b) She has come for a visit.
(c) She has not had a relapse and is doing much better.
(d) She has written a book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane Austen writes to her sister, Cassandra, and recounts what?
2. Jane laments losing what of her mother's?
3. Jane gossips to her sister that Earle Harwood accidentally did what and is in the hospital where his family visits him?
4. A letter from Miss Pearson causes Jane to suspect the other lady of what?
5. Jane praises her sister's ______________ writing in her last correspondence.
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)