|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 21-30 dated June 11th, 1799 to January 1st, 1801.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane prefers _________________ in terms of nursing her brother back to health.
(a) Dr. Fellowes to Dr. Mapleton.
(b) Dr. Mapleton to Dr. Fellowes.
(c) Dr. Morrow to Dr. Fells.
(d) Dr. Oz to Dr. Phil.
2. Jane Austen writes to her sister, Cassandra, and recounts what?
(a) Her recent illness.
(b) The previous night's symphony performance.
(c) The previous night's ball.
(d) Her trip to London.
3. Jane praises her sister's ______________ writing in her last correspondence.
4. Jane is flattered by her sister's commendation of her writing since Jane "writes only for _______________".
(a) Her family.
5. The answer to number 27 is in reference to what book?
(a) Jonathan Swift's "Drapier's Letters."
(b) Jonathan Swift's "A Journal to Stella."
(c) Jonathan Swift's "A Modest Proposal."
(d) Jonathan Swift's "Gulliver's Travels".
Short Answer Questions
1. On Monday, a parcel from London arrives. Jane is grateful to Cassandra for the long letter and many gifts, and Mr. Austen is pleased with what?
2. Jane informs her sister that Edward and Frank have left to do what?
3. She praises Tom, mentioning that his only fault is what?
4. Jane receives a descriptive letter from Frank, and a letter from Charles stating that what is awaiting orders?
5. Jane is pleased to tell Cassandra what about their mother?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)