|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 21-30 dated June 11th, 1799 to January 1st, 1801.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane writes to her cousin, Miss Walter Seal, in American to offer her condolences on the loss of who?
(a) Miss Seal's mother.
(b) Miss Seal's brother.
(c) Miss Seal's sister.
(d) Miss Seal's father.
2. Jane was disappointed that Charles Fowle was not in attendance, but glad that her_____________, Tom Lefroy was there.
(a) "Irish friend."
(b) "Italian friend."
(c) "American friend."
(d) "French friend."
3. Jane is pleased to tell Cassandra what about their mother?
(a) She has come for a visit.
(b) She has written a book.
(c) She has had another child.
(d) She has not had a relapse and is doing much better.
4. Jane dissuades Cassandra from asking who to escort her to Steventon?
(a) Sir Robert.
(b) Sir Matthew.
(c) Sir John.
(d) Sir Thomas.
5. The apothecary believes that Edward did what?
(a) Caught a virus.
(b) Was bitten by an insect.
(c) Ate something disagreeable.
(d) Poisoned himself intentionally.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane receives a descriptive letter from Frank, and a letter from Charles stating that what is awaiting orders?
2. She asks Cassandra's advice about what fashion?
3. Jane Austen writes to her sister, Cassandra, and recounts what?
4. A letter from Miss Pearson causes Jane to suspect the other lady of what?
5. Jane has subscribed to whose library of novels and other literature?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)