|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 21-30 dated June 11th, 1799 to January 1st, 1801.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane writes to her cousin, Miss Walter Seal, in American to offer her condolences on the loss of who?
(a) Miss Seal's father.
(b) Miss Seal's mother.
(c) Miss Seal's sister.
(d) Miss Seal's brother.
2. Jane is flattered by her sister's commendation of her writing since Jane "writes only for _______________".
(b) Her family.
3. Jane is very busy making shirts for Edward, and she claims she is the ___________ worker.
4. Jane is pleased with Miss Fletcher for drinking her tea without ______________ and for her admiration of "Camilla".
5. Jane Austen writes to her sister, Cassandra, and recounts what?
(a) Her recent illness.
(b) Her trip to London.
(c) The previous night's ball.
(d) The previous night's symphony performance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane hears that Tom is to marry a girl from where?
2. Cassandra has a pleasant journey to Godmersham, but Jane worries. Why?
3. Jane generously allows Mary all of her former admirers for what reason?
4. Jane laments losing what of her mother's?
5. Why does Jane not expect letters from Cassandra until she receives them?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)