|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 21-30 dated June 11th, 1799 to January 1st, 1801.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane has subscribed to whose library of novels and other literature?
(a) Mrs. Matthew's.
(b) Mrs. Martinelli's.
(c) Mrs. Martin's.
(d) Mrs. Marcus'.
2. Cassandra has a pleasant journey to Godmersham, but Jane worries. Why?
(a) Jane wonders if Cassandra will ever return.
(b) She has not received a letter since Cassandra left home.
(c) Her last letter seemed unhappy.
(d) She was ill before she left.
3. Jane is pleased with Miss Fletcher for drinking her tea without ______________ and for her admiration of "Camilla".
4. Jane writes to her cousin, Miss Walter Seal, in American to offer her condolences on the loss of who?
(a) Miss Seal's sister.
(b) Miss Seal's mother.
(c) Miss Seal's father.
(d) Miss Seal's brother.
5. Jane informs her sister that Edward and Frank have left to do what?
(a) Go to university.
(b) Join the military.
(c) Find jobs.
(d) Seek their fortunes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jane not expect letters from Cassandra until she receives them?
2. What happened to both Mrs. Coulthard and Anne?
3. Jane generously allows Mary all of her former admirers for what reason?
4. Jane was disappointed that Charles Fowle was not in attendance, but glad that her_____________, Tom Lefroy was there.
5. Jane is flattered by her sister's commendation of her writing since Jane "writes only for _______________".
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)