|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 21-30 dated June 11th, 1799 to January 1st, 1801.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane dissuades Cassandra from asking who to escort her to Steventon?
(a) Sir Matthew.
(b) Sir Robert.
(c) Sir Thomas.
(d) Sir John.
2. Jane complains that people are ____________ in this neighborhood.
(a) Too shy and conventional.
(b) Too dull and boring.
(c) Too poor and economical.
(d) Too rambunctious and fashion-forward.
3. She praises Tom, mentioning that his only fault is what?
(a) His navy blue dinner jacket.
(b) His light-colored morning coat.
(c) His unattractive cravats.
(d) His top hat.
4. What happened to both Mrs. Coulthard and Anne?
(a) They both wrote books.
(b) They both moved to America.
(c) They both died in childbirth.
(d) They both came for a visit.
5. Jane is pleased to tell Cassandra what about their mother?
(a) She has written a book.
(b) She has had another child.
(c) She has come for a visit.
(d) She has not had a relapse and is doing much better.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cassandra has a pleasant journey to Godmersham, but Jane worries. Why?
2. Jane generously allows Mary all of her former admirers for what reason?
3. Jane praises her sister's ______________ writing in her last correspondence.
4. Jane prefers _________________ in terms of nursing her brother back to health.
5. Jane is pleased with Miss Fletcher for drinking her tea without ______________ and for her admiration of "Camilla".
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)