|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 21-30 dated June 11th, 1799 to January 1st, 1801.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jane call on most of their neighbors?
(a) Because she is feeling better.
(b) Because of the warm weather.
(c) Because she is bored.
(d) Because she likes her neighbors.
2. She praises Tom, mentioning that his only fault is what?
(a) His top hat.
(b) His navy blue dinner jacket.
(c) His light-colored morning coat.
(d) His unattractive cravats.
3. Jane is pleased to tell Cassandra what about their mother?
(a) She has had another child.
(b) She has come for a visit.
(c) She has written a book.
(d) She has not had a relapse and is doing much better.
4. When Mr. Austen inquires about Tom, she tells him that her nephew is studying for _____________ in London and sends his regrets to Mrs. Austen on her illness.
(a) The bar.
(b) His medical license.
(c) His teacher certification.
(d) The GED.
5. Jane generously allows Mary all of her former admirers for what reason?
(a) She is getting married.
(b) She does not like admirers.
(c) She knows that Mary does not have any admirers.
(d) She means to confine herself exclusively to Tom Lefroy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane gossips to her sister that Earle Harwood accidentally did what and is in the hospital where his family visits him?
2. Jane Austen writes to her sister, Cassandra, and recounts what?
3. A letter from Miss Pearson causes Jane to suspect the other lady of what?
4. Jane is pleased with Miss Fletcher for drinking her tea without ______________ and for her admiration of "Camilla".
5. Jane complains that people are ____________ in this neighborhood.
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)