|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 21-30 dated June 11th, 1799 to January 1st, 1801.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The apothecary believes that Edward did what?
(a) Caught a virus.
(b) Was bitten by an insect.
(c) Poisoned himself intentionally.
(d) Ate something disagreeable.
2. Jane informs her sister that Edward and Frank have left to do what?
(a) Join the military.
(b) Seek their fortunes.
(c) Go to university.
(d) Find jobs.
3. Jane wishes she could cancel what for the summer?
(a) Her dance lessons.
(b) Her piano lessons.
(c) Her intended visits.
(d) Her work obligations.
4. Jane laments losing what of her mother's?
5. Why does Jane not expect letters from Cassandra until she receives them?
(a) Cassandra is often too busy to write.
(b) Jane forgets about Cassandra.
(c) Cassandra is not consistent about writing.
(d) To avoid disappointment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cassandra has a pleasant journey to Godmersham, but Jane worries. Why?
2. A letter from Miss Pearson causes Jane to suspect the other lady of what?
3. Jane Austen writes to her sister, Cassandra, and recounts what?
4. Jane is very busy making shirts for Edward, and she claims she is the ___________ worker.
5. Jane was disappointed that Charles Fowle was not in attendance, but glad that her_____________, Tom Lefroy was there.
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)