|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 21-30 dated June 11th, 1799 to January 1st, 1801.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane Austen writes to her sister, Cassandra, and recounts what?
(a) The previous night's symphony performance.
(b) Her trip to London.
(c) The previous night's ball.
(d) Her recent illness.
2. As what does Jane refer to Mr. Evelyn?
(a) A yoohoo.
(b) A moron.
(c) A maniac.
(d) A yahoo.
3. Why does Jane call on most of their neighbors?
(a) Because she likes her neighbors.
(b) Because of the warm weather.
(c) Because she is bored.
(d) Because she is feeling better.
4. Jane prefers _________________ in terms of nursing her brother back to health.
(a) Dr. Oz to Dr. Phil.
(b) Dr. Mapleton to Dr. Fellowes.
(c) Dr. Fellowes to Dr. Mapleton.
(d) Dr. Morrow to Dr. Fells.
5. Cassandra has a pleasant journey to Godmersham, but Jane worries. Why?
(a) Her last letter seemed unhappy.
(b) Jane wonders if Cassandra will ever return.
(c) She has not received a letter since Cassandra left home.
(d) She was ill before she left.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane is very busy making shirts for Edward, and she claims she is the ___________ worker.
2. Jane was disappointed that Charles Fowle was not in attendance, but glad that her_____________, Tom Lefroy was there.
3. The answer to number 27 is in reference to what book?
4. Why has Jane been practicing her music instead of writing?
5. Jane praises her sister's ______________ writing in her last correspondence.
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)