|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 21-30 dated June 11th, 1799 to January 1st, 1801.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. She asks Cassandra's advice about what fashion?
(a) The flower.
(b) The fruit.
(c) The plaid.
(d) The stripes.
2. Jane is flattered by her sister's commendation of her writing since Jane "writes only for _______________".
(c) Her family.
3. Jane is tired of writing and does not intend to write for how long?
(a) Many days.
(b) Many weeks.
(c) Many hours.
(d) Many months.
4. The apothecary believes that Edward did what?
(a) Caught a virus.
(b) Was bitten by an insect.
(c) Poisoned himself intentionally.
(d) Ate something disagreeable.
5. When does Jane retract this statement?
(a) She receives a compliment from her mother regarding her last book.
(b) She receives a letter from Cassandra asking for a book.
(c) She receives a commissioned biography for the prince regent.
(d) She receives a letter from Frank, warning of long intervals in his writing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane informs her sister that Edward and Frank have left to do what?
2. Jane wishes she could cancel what for the summer?
3. When Mr. Austen inquires about Tom, she tells him that her nephew is studying for _____________ in London and sends his regrets to Mrs. Austen on her illness.
4. Jane Austen writes to her sister, Cassandra, and recounts what?
5. Jane is pleased to tell Cassandra what about their mother?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)