|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 21-30 dated June 11th, 1799 to January 1st, 1801.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane is pleased with Miss Fletcher for drinking her tea without ______________ and for her admiration of "Camilla".
2. Jane is pleased to tell Cassandra what about their mother?
(a) She has written a book.
(b) She has had another child.
(c) She has come for a visit.
(d) She has not had a relapse and is doing much better.
3. Jane gossips to her sister that Earle Harwood accidentally did what and is in the hospital where his family visits him?
(a) Fell off his horse.
(b) Poisoned himself.
(c) Fell down the stairs.
(d) Shot himself in the thigh.
4. When does Jane retract this statement?
(a) She receives a letter from Frank, warning of long intervals in his writing.
(b) She receives a letter from Cassandra asking for a book.
(c) She receives a commissioned biography for the prince regent.
(d) She receives a compliment from her mother regarding her last book.
5. Jane is very busy making shirts for Edward, and she claims she is the ___________ worker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane informs her sister that Edward and Frank have left to do what?
2. Jane prefers _________________ in terms of nursing her brother back to health.
3. Jane wishes she could cancel what for the summer?
4. Jane generously allows Mary all of her former admirers for what reason?
5. When Mr. Austen inquires about Tom, she tells him that her nephew is studying for _____________ in London and sends his regrets to Mrs. Austen on her illness.
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)