|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 21-30 dated June 11th, 1799 to January 1st, 1801.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane writes to her cousin, Miss Walter Seal, in American to offer her condolences on the loss of who?
(a) Miss Seal's brother.
(b) Miss Seal's father.
(c) Miss Seal's sister.
(d) Miss Seal's mother.
2. Jane receives a descriptive letter from Frank, and a letter from Charles stating that what is awaiting orders?
(a) The 'Endymion.'
(b) The 'Edward.'
(c) The 'Edmondson.'
(d) The 'Endocrine.'
3. Jane Austen writes to her sister, Cassandra, and recounts what?
(a) The previous night's symphony performance.
(b) Her trip to London.
(c) Her recent illness.
(d) The previous night's ball.
4. Jane informs her sister that Edward and Frank have left to do what?
(a) Go to university.
(b) Find jobs.
(c) Join the military.
(d) Seek their fortunes.
5. Jane has subscribed to whose library of novels and other literature?
(a) Mrs. Martinelli's.
(b) Mrs. Martin's.
(c) Mrs. Marcus'.
(d) Mrs. Matthew's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jane not expect letters from Cassandra until she receives them?
2. A letter from Miss Pearson causes Jane to suspect the other lady of what?
3. As what does Jane refer to Mr. Evelyn?
4. Jane is very busy making shirts for Edward, and she claims she is the ___________ worker.
5. Why does Jane call on most of their neighbors?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)