|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 21-30 dated June 11th, 1799 to January 1st, 1801.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. She asks Cassandra's advice about what fashion?
(a) The fruit.
(b) The stripes.
(c) The flower.
(d) The plaid.
2. Jane Austen writes to her sister, Cassandra, and recounts what?
(a) Her trip to London.
(b) The previous night's ball.
(c) The previous night's symphony performance.
(d) Her recent illness.
3. Jane gossips to her sister that Earle Harwood accidentally did what and is in the hospital where his family visits him?
(a) Fell down the stairs.
(b) Fell off his horse.
(c) Shot himself in the thigh.
(d) Poisoned himself.
4. Jane wishes she could cancel what for the summer?
(a) Her intended visits.
(b) Her piano lessons.
(c) Her dance lessons.
(d) Her work obligations.
5. Why does Jane not expect letters from Cassandra until she receives them?
(a) Cassandra is often too busy to write.
(b) Cassandra is not consistent about writing.
(c) Jane forgets about Cassandra.
(d) To avoid disappointment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane informs her sister that Edward and Frank have left to do what?
2. When Mr. Austen inquires about Tom, she tells him that her nephew is studying for _____________ in London and sends his regrets to Mrs. Austen on her illness.
3. Jane generously allows Mary all of her former admirers for what reason?
4. A letter from Miss Pearson causes Jane to suspect the other lady of what?
5. Jane has subscribed to whose library of novels and other literature?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)