|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 21-30 dated June 11th, 1799 to January 1st, 1801.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane complains that people are ____________ in this neighborhood.
(a) Too poor and economical.
(b) Too dull and boring.
(c) Too rambunctious and fashion-forward.
(d) Too shy and conventional.
2. When Mr. Austen inquires about Tom, she tells him that her nephew is studying for _____________ in London and sends his regrets to Mrs. Austen on her illness.
(a) The bar.
(b) The GED.
(c) His teacher certification.
(d) His medical license.
3. Why does Jane not expect letters from Cassandra until she receives them?
(a) Jane forgets about Cassandra.
(b) To avoid disappointment.
(c) Cassandra is not consistent about writing.
(d) Cassandra is often too busy to write.
4. She asks Cassandra's advice about what fashion?
(a) The stripes.
(b) The fruit.
(c) The flower.
(d) The plaid.
5. Jane writes to her cousin, Miss Walter Seal, in American to offer her condolences on the loss of who?
(a) Miss Seal's father.
(b) Miss Seal's mother.
(c) Miss Seal's brother.
(d) Miss Seal's sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane praises her sister's ______________ writing in her last correspondence.
2. Jane Austen writes to her sister, Cassandra, and recounts what?
3. A letter from Miss Pearson causes Jane to suspect the other lady of what?
4. What happened to both Mrs. Coulthard and Anne?
5. The apothecary believes that Edward did what?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)