|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 21-30 dated June 11th, 1799 to January 1st, 1801.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane gossips to her sister that Earle Harwood accidentally did what and is in the hospital where his family visits him?
(a) Fell off his horse.
(b) Fell down the stairs.
(c) Shot himself in the thigh.
(d) Poisoned himself.
2. On Monday, a parcel from London arrives. Jane is grateful to Cassandra for the long letter and many gifts, and Mr. Austen is pleased with what?
(a) His dress coat.
(b) His stockings.
(c) His handkerchief.
(d) His cravat.
3. A letter from Miss Pearson causes Jane to suspect the other lady of what?
(b) Matrimonial views.
4. Jane has subscribed to whose library of novels and other literature?
(a) Mrs. Martin's.
(b) Mrs. Martinelli's.
(c) Mrs. Marcus'.
(d) Mrs. Matthew's.
5. Jane was disappointed that Charles Fowle was not in attendance, but glad that her_____________, Tom Lefroy was there.
(a) "French friend."
(b) "Irish friend."
(c) "American friend."
(d) "Italian friend."
Short Answer Questions
1. Cassandra has a pleasant journey to Godmersham, but Jane worries. Why?
2. Jane praises her sister's ______________ writing in her last correspondence.
3. Why has Jane been practicing her music instead of writing?
4. Why does Jane call on most of their neighbors?
5. Jane informs her sister that Edward and Frank have left to do what?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)