|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 21-30 dated June 11th, 1799 to January 1st, 1801.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane attends a small ball with only thirty-one people. There are twenty dances, and Jane dances _______ of them.
2. Cassandra has a pleasant journey to Godmersham, but Jane worries. Why?
(a) She was ill before she left.
(b) She has not received a letter since Cassandra left home.
(c) Her last letter seemed unhappy.
(d) Jane wonders if Cassandra will ever return.
3. What happened to both Mrs. Coulthard and Anne?
(a) They both came for a visit.
(b) They both died in childbirth.
(c) They both moved to America.
(d) They both wrote books.
4. She refers to her work, "First Impressions", which would later become what novel?
(a) "Mansfield Park."
(b) "Pride and Prejudice."
(c) "Sense and Sensibility."
5. Jane was disappointed that Charles Fowle was not in attendance, but glad that her_____________, Tom Lefroy was there.
(a) "French friend."
(b) "Irish friend."
(c) "Italian friend."
(d) "American friend."
Short Answer Questions
1. A letter from Miss Pearson causes Jane to suspect the other lady of what?
2. Why has Jane been practicing her music instead of writing?
3. Jane hears that Tom is to marry a girl from where?
4. Jane praises her sister's ______________ writing in her last correspondence.
5. Jane informs her sister that Edward and Frank have left to do what?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)