|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 159-161 and CEAs 1-3 dated May 22nd, 1817 to July 29th, 1817.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane generously allows Mary all of her former admirers for what reason?
(a) She knows that Mary does not have any admirers.
(b) She means to confine herself exclusively to Tom Lefroy.
(c) She is getting married.
(d) She does not like admirers.
2. The apothecary believes that Edward did what?
(a) Was bitten by an insect.
(b) Caught a virus.
(c) Ate something disagreeable.
(d) Poisoned himself intentionally.
3. Henry takes Jane to see _______________, and Jane is pleased at a small portrait of "Mrs. Bingley", like "Portrait of a Lady" by J. F. M. Huet-Villiers.
(a) The Exhibition in Spring Gardens.
(b) The Exhibition at London Tower.
(c) The Exhibition at Hyde Park.
(d) The Exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery.
4. She describes her plans for what book for the first time?
(a) "Mansfield Park."
(b) "Pride and Prejudice."
(c) "Northanger Abbey."
(d) "Sense and Sensibility."
5. Jane has been pressured to stay with Mrs. Knight until September but desires to be home when?
(a) In August.
(b) In September.
(c) In May.
(d) In July.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane has tea with the Tilsons but is unable to go see a play because of what reason?
2. She is convinced that Mr. Papillon will soon do what?
3. Jane jokes that she is "rather in love" with whom?
4. She discusses Sir Joshua Reynold's _______________ and Henry Aston Baker's collection, "Triumph of Perspective".
5. Jane praises Eaton Stannard Barrett's "The Heroine" as being amusingly written in what style?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)