Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 111-120 dated November 24th, 1814 to September 29th, 1815.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane is flattered by her sister's commendation of her writing since Jane "writes only for _______________".
(a) Her family.
2. She refers to her work, "First Impressions", which would later become what novel?
(a) "Sense and Sensibility."
(c) "Mansfield Park."
(d) "Pride and Prejudice."
3. The house at Bath is finally cleared out and is quite _________.
4. Mrs. Austen plans to move where?
(a) To Daventry.
(b) To Alton.
(c) To London.
(d) To Birchwood.
5. Jane hopes to see Cassandra soon, and praises James as what?
(a) A help around the house.
(b) A useful "man of letters".
(c) A wonderful horseman.
(d) A great friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Jane anxious to go home?
2. Jane writes to Anna Lefroy nee Austen that Mrs. Creed's opinion is now less important to her because of what reason?
3. Jane is happy with the recent publication of what?
4. Harriet is truly grieved over whose death?
5. Edward's name change is finalized, from Austen to Knight, that of his _____________ who adopted him and left him an inheritance.
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)