Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 51-60 dated February 20th, 1807 to October 25th, 1808.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane was disappointed that Charles Fowle was not in attendance, but glad that her_____________, Tom Lefroy was there.
(a) "French friend."
(b) "Irish friend."
(c) "American friend."
(d) "Italian friend."
2. Jane writes to her cousin, Miss Walter Seal, in American to offer her condolences on the loss of who?
(a) Miss Seal's father.
(b) Miss Seal's brother.
(c) Miss Seal's sister.
(d) Miss Seal's mother.
3. Jane discusses the plans for moving ____________ with Cassandra and tells her that their aunt is happy about the Austens' moving.
(a) To Beckenham.
(b) To Bath.
(c) To Berkhamsted.
(d) To Barnsley.
4. Why does Jane call on most of their neighbors?
(a) Because she is bored.
(b) Because she is feeling better.
(c) Because of the warm weather.
(d) Because she likes her neighbors.
5. She refers to her work, "First Impressions", which would later become what novel?
(a) "Pride and Prejudice."
(b) "Sense and Sensibility."
(c) "Mansfield Park."
Short Answer Questions
1. On Monday, a parcel from London arrives. Jane is grateful to Cassandra for the long letter and many gifts, and Mr. Austen is pleased with what?
2. Jane has been pressured to stay with Mrs. Knight until September but desires to be home when?
3. Jane is upset that Cassandra will not be doing what with their mother and herself?
4. Mrs. Austen plans to move where?
5. Jane jokingly wishes Edward a "happy thirtieth birthday", although it is actually his ____________ birthday.
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)