|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 21-30 dated June 11th, 1799 to January 1st, 1801.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane Austen writes to her sister, Cassandra, and recounts what?
(a) Her recent illness.
(b) The previous night's symphony performance.
(c) The previous night's ball.
(d) Her trip to London.
2. Jane hears that Tom is to marry a girl from where?
3. Why does Jane not expect letters from Cassandra until she receives them?
(a) Jane forgets about Cassandra.
(b) To avoid disappointment.
(c) Cassandra is often too busy to write.
(d) Cassandra is not consistent about writing.
4. What happened to both Mrs. Coulthard and Anne?
(a) They both moved to America.
(b) They both wrote books.
(c) They both died in childbirth.
(d) They both came for a visit.
5. Jane is pleased with Miss Fletcher for drinking her tea without ______________ and for her admiration of "Camilla".
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Jane retract this statement?
2. Cassandra has a pleasant journey to Godmersham, but Jane worries. Why?
3. Jane complains that people are ____________ in this neighborhood.
4. Jane has subscribed to whose library of novels and other literature?
5. The apothecary believes that Edward did what?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)