|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 141-150 dated June 25th, 1816 to January 24th, 1817.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the most comfortable and successful member of the Austen family?
2. Edward's name change is finalized, from Austen to Knight, that of his _____________ who adopted him and left him an inheritance.
(a) Distant cousin.
(b) Step father.
3. Jane writes James Stanier Clarke advising that a copy of "Emma" is to be sent to whom, care of James Stanier Clarke?
(a) His mother.
(b) The prince regent.
(c) The king.
(d) John Murray.
4. Henry takes Jane to see _______________, and Jane is pleased at a small portrait of "Mrs. Bingley", like "Portrait of a Lady" by J. F. M. Huet-Villiers.
(a) The Exhibition at Hyde Park.
(b) The Exhibition in Spring Gardens.
(c) The Exhibition at London Tower.
(d) The Exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery.
5. Jane is happy when "Sense and Sensibility" is advertised and happy with Miss Sharpe's flattery that "Pride and Prejudice" is read where?
(a) In Ireland.
(b) In France.
(c) In Wales.
(d) In Scotland.
Short Answer Questions
1. The apothecary believes that Edward did what?
2. Mr. Austen offers his ____________ to James Digweed but is refused.
3. Jane quips that she will comfort who?
4. Jane congratulates her niece on becoming what?
5. Jane generously allows Mary all of her former admirers for what reason?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)