|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 141-150 dated June 25th, 1816 to January 24th, 1817.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Jane been practicing her music instead of writing?
(a) She has just received a new piano forte.
(b) She has been asked to play the piano forte at the next ball.
(c) She has a complaint in her eye which makes reading and writing difficult
(d) She is tired of writing.
2. Jane, her sister and brothers intend to do what together?
(b) Throw a ball.
(d) Form a musical group.
3. Mrs. Austen finds her deceased husband's _________________ and wants Frank to accept them.
(a) Compass, sun-dial and scissors.
(b) Letters, bills, and gloves.
(c) Suspenders, comb, and toothbrush.
(d) Glasses, handkerchief, and shoe horn.
4. Mr. Austen offers his ____________ to James Digweed but is refused.
(b) Carpentry shop.
(c) Blacksmith shop.
5. Jane writes to Crosby, a publisher, complaining about what?
(a) She received a poorly-printed copy of her novel, "Susan."
(b) She received ten pounds for the publication of her novel "Susan" six years previously, but it was never published.
(c) She had never heard from him regarding her novel, "Susan."
(d) She had never received the ten pounds he owed her for her novel, "Susan" six years previously.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane sees Miss Chamberlayne perform _____________, which reminds her of Miss Lefroy's performance.
2. Jane thinks that concealing the intended partnership with Martha Lloyd is __________, referring to Frank's intentions to marry Martha.
3. Jane writes James-Edward Austen to congratulate him on what?
4. Why does Cassandra need not worry about Penlingtons?
5. Jane praises Caroline's handwriting and what story?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)