|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 141-150 dated June 25th, 1816 to January 24th, 1817.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A lady interrupts Jane's writing to inquire about hiring Anne as what?
(a) A librarian.
(b) A maid.
(c) A governess.
(d) A school mistress.
2. She is determined to raise money for what which is to be printed at her expense?
(a) The second printing of "Persuasion."
(b) The first printing of "Sense and Sensibility."
(c) The first printing of "Persuasion."
(d) The second printing of "Sense and Sensibility"
3. Jane quotes Hester Piozzi in "Letters to and from the late Samuel Johnson" in praise of Mr. Deedes' __________.
(a) Singing abilities.
(b) Speaking abilities.
(c) Writing abilities.
(d) Acting abilities.
4. Jane generously allows Mary all of her former admirers for what reason?
(a) She does not like admirers.
(b) She is getting married.
(c) She knows that Mary does not have any admirers.
(d) She means to confine herself exclusively to Tom Lefroy.
5. Jane disdains Robert Southey's "Letters from England" as horribly ______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. James Stanier Clarke tells Jane that he was appointed what?
2. Jane writes her niece, Anna, and expresses her interest in the ______ family from Anna's novel, "Tarefield Abbey."
3. Jane plans to arrive at Goodnestone as Cassandra is leaving and to take her sister's place for several days. Jane's pleasant journey is offset by what?
4. Jane writes James Stanier Clarke advising that a copy of "Emma" is to be sent to whom, care of James Stanier Clarke?
5. Jane sees Miss Chamberlayne perform _____________, which reminds her of Miss Lefroy's performance.
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)