|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 141-150 dated June 25th, 1816 to January 24th, 1817.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane writes James Stanier Clarke advising that a copy of "Emma" is to be sent to whom, care of James Stanier Clarke?
(a) The prince regent.
(b) John Murray.
(c) His mother.
(d) The king.
2. Edward's name change is finalized, from Austen to Knight, that of his _____________ who adopted him and left him an inheritance.
(a) Distant cousin.
(d) Step father.
3. James Stanier Clarke tells Jane that he was appointed what?
(c) Head publicist.
(d) Speech writer.
4. She hopes that Sir William will marry who?
(a) Miss Smith.
(b) Miss Sichenze.
(c) Miss Sharpe.
(d) Miss Sullivan.
5. A rumor circulates that Charles is bringing who home?
(a) The 'Goddess.'
(b) The 'Queen.'
(c) The 'Cleopatra.'
(d) The 'Witch.'
Short Answer Questions
1. On Monday, a parcel from London arrives. Jane is grateful to Cassandra for the long letter and many gifts, and Mr. Austen is pleased with what?
2. Jane quips that she will comfort who?
3. Mr. John Murray, a London publisher, offers Jane how many pounds for "Emma" and the copyrights to "Mansfield Park" and "Sense and Sensibility?"
4. A lady interrupts Jane's writing to inquire about hiring Anne as what?
5. As what does Jane refer to Mr. Evelyn?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)