|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 141-150 dated June 25th, 1816 to January 24th, 1817.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane receives a pleasing visit from whom, but is disappointed when he does not arrive on schedule?
(a) Frank Austen.
(b) Edward Knight.
(c) Henry Austen.
(d) Cassandra Austen.
2. Jane praises Caroline's handwriting and what story?
(b) North Carolina.
3. Cassandra has a pleasant journey to Godmersham, but Jane worries. Why?
(a) She has not received a letter since Cassandra left home.
(b) Jane wonders if Cassandra will ever return.
(c) Her last letter seemed unhappy.
(d) She was ill before she left.
4. Jane receives a descriptive letter from Frank, and a letter from Charles stating that what is awaiting orders?
(a) The 'Endymion.'
(b) The 'Edward.'
(c) The 'Endocrine.'
(d) The 'Edmondson.'
5. Sophie is happy with what that Lizzy sends her?
(a) The bird.
(b) The dog.
(c) The cat.
(d) The horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane answers Anna's specific questions regarding the accuracy and title of the manuscript, and she suggests that Anna omit the postscript because of what reason?
2. Mrs. Knight promotes a match between Jane and Mr. Papillon, and Jane jokes that she will marry him despite his or her own reluctance because of what reason?
3. When Mr. Austen inquires about Tom, she tells him that her nephew is studying for _____________ in London and sends his regrets to Mrs. Austen on her illness.
4. Jane praises her sister's ______________ writing in her last correspondence.
5. Jane demands that the father in her most recent story be what?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)