|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 141-150 dated June 25th, 1816 to January 24th, 1817.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mrs. Knight promotes a match between Jane and Mr. Papillon, and Jane jokes that she will marry him despite his or her own reluctance because of what reason?
(a) He is wealthy.
(b) The good lady's interest in the matter.
(c) Jane wants to be married.
(d) Jane loves his home.
2. Jane is pleased with Miss Fletcher for drinking her tea without ______________ and for her admiration of "Camilla".
3. Jane and Mrs. Austen are currently in a house in Seymour Street, but Jane went with her uncle to look at two pleasing houses where?
(a) In Red Park Buildings.
(b) In White Park Buildings.
(c) In Green Park Buildings.
(d) In Blue Park Buildings.
4. Jane does not want Henry to take her to town but admits that she cannot say "no" if he offers. Why?
(a) Because he would be upset if she said no.
(b) Because it is a thoughtful offer.
(c) Because he rarely offers her anything.
(d) Because she would not want to hurt his feelings.
5. Jane is enjoying the beauty of Southampton despite what?
(a) Her languor and illness.
(b) Her earlier reluctance.
(c) Missing Cassandra.
(d) The poor weather.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane tells John Murray that she is happy with Sir Walter Scott's review of "Emma" in the Quarterly Review, but she is displeased about what?
2. Jane finds the parties stupid for what reason?
3. She hopes that Sir William will marry who?
4. Jane is pleased by Ly Gordon's manners, but thinks Ly Elizabeth and Miss Hatton have _________ to say.
5. Jane demands that the father in her most recent story be what?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)