|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 141-150 dated June 25th, 1816 to January 24th, 1817.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane jokingly wishes Edward a "happy thirtieth birthday", although it is actually his ____________ birthday.
2. Jane tells John Murray that she is happy with Sir Walter Scott's review of "Emma" in the Quarterly Review, but she is displeased about what?
(a) That is was so short.
(b) That no one else reviewed it.
(c) That the second edition of "Mansfield Park" is not mentioned.
(d) That the second edition of "Mansfield Park" did not have such a favorable review.
3. Jane is also displeased with the final chapter and advises her niece to stick to what she knows. What does she believe her niece knows?
4. Jane is enjoying the beauty of Southampton despite what?
(a) Her languor and illness.
(b) Missing Cassandra.
(c) Her earlier reluctance.
(d) The poor weather.
5. On Monday, a parcel from London arrives. Jane is grateful to Cassandra for the long letter and many gifts, and Mr. Austen is pleased with what?
(a) His dress coat.
(b) His handkerchief.
(c) His stockings.
(d) His cravat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Godmersham uncomfortable?
2. Henry is promoted and does not feel the loss of who so badly because he is used to being away from her?
3. Frank plans to go to Godmersham while Cassandra visits _______________.
4. Jane praises Caroline's handwriting and what story?
5. She advises Fanny against marrying Mr. J. P. because of what reason?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)