|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 141-150 dated June 25th, 1816 to January 24th, 1817.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Cassandra need not worry about Penlingtons?
(a) Jane plans to settle business there.
(b) Mr. Austen plans to settle business there.
(c) Mrs. Austen has already settled business there.
(d) Edward has already settled business there.
2. Mrs. Austen and Jane want to settle in at Chawton before October when Henry will do what?
(c) Come home to shoot.
(d) Give them an allowance.
3. Mrs. Austen is not well but would be glad to see Caroline, especially next Saturday, which is what?
(a) Mrs. Austen's birthday.
(b) Jane Austen's birthday and the date of a ball.
(c) Mary Jane's birthday and the date of a fair.
(d) Cassandra's birthday and the performance of a new opera.
4. The house at Bath is finally cleared out and is quite _________.
5. Henry gives Jane a gift of _______ pounds, and she plans to buy poplin and send half to Cassandra.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane tells John Murray that she is happy with Sir Walter Scott's review of "Emma" in the Quarterly Review, but she is displeased about what?
2. Jane informs her sister that Edward and Frank have left to do what?
3. Henry takes Jane to see _______________, and Jane is pleased at a small portrait of "Mrs. Bingley", like "Portrait of a Lady" by J. F. M. Huet-Villiers.
4. Jane is unable to do what while Cassandra is gone?
5. Jane writes James-Edward Austen to congratulate him on what?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)