|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 141-150 dated June 25th, 1816 to January 24th, 1817.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane generously allows Mary all of her former admirers for what reason?
(a) She means to confine herself exclusively to Tom Lefroy.
(b) She does not like admirers.
(c) She is getting married.
(d) She knows that Mary does not have any admirers.
2. Jane Austen writes to her sister, Cassandra, and recounts what?
(a) Her trip to London.
(b) Her recent illness.
(c) The previous night's ball.
(d) The previous night's symphony performance.
3. Jane praises her sister's ______________ writing in her last correspondence.
4. She advises Fanny against marrying Mr. J. P. because of what reason?
(a) He is poor.
(b) He does not love her.
(c) He is old.
(d) The wedding would be far off.
5. Jane is grieved at whose death?
(a) The Queen's.
(b) Her aunt's.
(c) Mrs. Budd's.
(d) The King's.
Short Answer Questions
1. She refers to her work, "First Impressions", which would later become what novel?
2. She is uncertain as to whether there will be a second edition of what novel?
3. Jane spends Tuesday in Bentinck Street with the Cookes, but she is unable to call on Miss Beckford because of what reason?
4. She regrets that she is unlikely to visit Hendon, Anna's new home. Why can she not visit?
5. Jane complains about Mr. Haden's paraphrasing "Merchant of Venice" by saying that people who are _____________ are capable of all sorts of evil.
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)