|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 141-150 dated June 25th, 1816 to January 24th, 1817.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane believes that Fanny likes him enough to marry, but not enough to do what?
(a) Marry now.
(c) Stay married.
2. Jane writes to her cousin, Miss Walter Seal, in American to offer her condolences on the loss of who?
(a) Miss Seal's sister.
(b) Miss Seal's father.
(c) Miss Seal's brother.
(d) Miss Seal's mother.
3. Jane writes to Crosby, a publisher, complaining about what?
(a) She had never heard from him regarding her novel, "Susan."
(b) She had never received the ten pounds he owed her for her novel, "Susan" six years previously.
(c) She received ten pounds for the publication of her novel "Susan" six years previously, but it was never published.
(d) She received a poorly-printed copy of her novel, "Susan."
4. Fanny Knight praises what characters?
(a) Anne Elliot and Frederick Wentworth's.
(b) Elizabeth Bennett and Mr. Darcy's.
(c) Fanny Price and Edmund Bertram's.
(d) Elinor and Marianne Dashwood's.
5. Jane praises Caroline's handwriting and what story?
(b) North Carolina.
Short Answer Questions
1. The answer to number 27 is in reference to what book?
2. She does not intend to accept her aunt's invitation to what?
3. Jane disdains Robert Southey's "Letters from England" as horribly ______________.
4. Jane prefers _________________ in terms of nursing her brother back to health.
5. Jane dissuades Cassandra from asking who to escort her to Steventon?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)