|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 141-150 dated June 25th, 1816 to January 24th, 1817.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane disdains Robert Southey's "Letters from England" as horribly ______________.
2. Mrs. Austen is not well but would be glad to see Caroline, especially next Saturday, which is what?
(a) Cassandra's birthday and the performance of a new opera.
(b) Mrs. Austen's birthday.
(c) Jane Austen's birthday and the date of a ball.
(d) Mary Jane's birthday and the date of a fair.
3. Jane is pleased with Miss Fletcher for drinking her tea without ______________ and for her admiration of "Camilla".
4. Jane wishes she could cancel what for the summer?
(a) Her work obligations.
(b) Her piano lessons.
(c) Her dance lessons.
(d) Her intended visits.
5. She is frightened at the thought that who wants to be introduced to her?
(a) Miss Bordeaux.
(b) Miss Babcock.
(c) Miss Bennett.
(d) Miss Burdett.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Austens' journey to Kent will include Frank if he is not ____________ at the time.
2. Jane is thrilled with the praise that she hears about what novel from Lady Robert and Mr. Hastings?
3. She is determined to raise money for what which is to be printed at her expense?
4. Jane praises Caroline's handwriting and what story?
5. Jane informs her sister that Edward and Frank have left to do what?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)