|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 141-150 dated June 25th, 1816 to January 24th, 1817.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane writes to Anna saying that her eyes are weak and it is well that they did not weaken sooner or she could not have assisted in making what?
(a) Her new hat.
(b) Clothes for the "bride expectant."
(c) A dress for Anna.
(d) Clothes for her brothers.
2. Jane demands that the father in her most recent story be what?
(b) Given more dialogue.
3. She is determined to raise money for what which is to be printed at her expense?
(a) The first printing of "Persuasion."
(b) The second printing of "Persuasion."
(c) The first printing of "Sense and Sensibility."
(d) The second printing of "Sense and Sensibility"
4. Jane hears that Tom is to marry a girl from where?
5. Jane complains about Mr. Haden's paraphrasing "Merchant of Venice" by saying that people who are _____________ are capable of all sorts of evil.
(a) Poor writers.
(b) Poor actors.
(c) Not musically inclined.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane is grieved at whose death?
2. Jane's quarters in Bath are _____________, and she travels to Godmersham.
3. Fanny Knight praises what characters?
4. She writes to Caroline Austen, apologizing that she has not yet done what?
5. As what does Jane refer to Mr. Evelyn?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)