|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 141-150 dated June 25th, 1816 to January 24th, 1817.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane praises Eaton Stannard Barrett's "The Heroine" as being amusingly written in what style?
(a) The Radcliffe.
(b) The Goldsmith.
(c) The Evelyn.
(d) The Pepys.
2. Jane thinks that concealing the intended partnership with Martha Lloyd is __________, referring to Frank's intentions to marry Martha.
3. Jane is thrilled with her and Cassandra's newest what?
4. When does Jane retract this statement?
(a) She receives a compliment from her mother regarding her last book.
(b) She receives a letter from Cassandra asking for a book.
(c) She receives a letter from Frank, warning of long intervals in his writing.
(d) She receives a commissioned biography for the prince regent.
5. Jane makes ___________ pounds from the sale of the books and the sale of the copyright.
(a) Four hundred and fifty.
(b) Two hundred and fifty.
(c) Three hundred and fifty.
(d) One hundred and fifty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane sees Isaac Bickerstaffe's play, "The Hypocrite", which is taken from Moliere's _____________.
2. Why is Jane anxious to go home?
3. Jane prefers _________________ in terms of nursing her brother back to health.
4. Jane dissuades Cassandra from asking who to escort her to Steventon?
5. Jane writes her niece, Anna, and expresses her interest in the ______ family from Anna's novel, "Tarefield Abbey."
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)