|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 141-150 dated June 25th, 1816 to January 24th, 1817.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane jokingly wishes Edward a "happy thirtieth birthday", although it is actually his ____________ birthday.
2. When does Jane retract this statement?
(a) She receives a commissioned biography for the prince regent.
(b) She receives a letter from Frank, warning of long intervals in his writing.
(c) She receives a compliment from her mother regarding her last book.
(d) She receives a letter from Cassandra asking for a book.
3. When Mr. Austen inquires about Tom, she tells him that her nephew is studying for _____________ in London and sends his regrets to Mrs. Austen on her illness.
(a) His teacher certification.
(b) The GED.
(c) His medical license.
(d) The bar.
4. Jane congratulates her niece on becoming what?
(a) An aunt.
(b) A sister.
(c) A godmother.
(d) A mother.
5. She advises Fanny against marrying Mr. J. P. because of what reason?
(a) He does not love her.
(b) The wedding would be far off.
(c) He is old.
(d) He is poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. She writes to Caroline Austen, apologizing that she has not yet done what?
2. Jane does not want Henry to take her to town but admits that she cannot say "no" if he offers. Why?
3. Was Anna's manuscript ever completed or published?
4. Jane writes Charles Thomas Haden to thank him for what?
5. Jane writes James-Edward Austen to congratulate him on what?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)