|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 41-50 dated January 22nd, 1805 to February 9th, 1807.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane discusses the plans for moving ____________ with Cassandra and tells her that their aunt is happy about the Austens' moving.
(a) To Bath.
(b) To Beckenham.
(c) To Barnsley.
(d) To Berkhamsted.
2. When does Jane retract this statement?
(a) She receives a letter from Frank, warning of long intervals in his writing.
(b) She receives a letter from Cassandra asking for a book.
(c) She receives a compliment from her mother regarding her last book.
(d) She receives a commissioned biography for the prince regent.
3. Jane informs her sister that Edward and Frank have left to do what?
(a) Go to university.
(b) Join the military.
(c) Find jobs.
(d) Seek their fortunes.
4. Cassandra has a pleasant journey to Godmersham, but Jane worries. Why?
(a) She was ill before she left.
(b) Jane wonders if Cassandra will ever return.
(c) Her last letter seemed unhappy.
(d) She has not received a letter since Cassandra left home.
5. Jane is pleased with Miss Fletcher for drinking her tea without ______________ and for her admiration of "Camilla".
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mr. Austen inquires about Tom, she tells him that her nephew is studying for _____________ in London and sends his regrets to Mrs. Austen on her illness.
2. The Austens' household articles have been ___________ finally.
3. Jane hears that Tom is to marry a girl from where?
4. Jane plans to arrive at Goodnestone as Cassandra is leaving and to take her sister's place for several days. Jane's pleasant journey is offset by what?
5. What happened to both Mrs. Coulthard and Anne?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)