|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 41-50 dated January 22nd, 1805 to February 9th, 1807.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane dissuades Cassandra from asking who to escort her to Steventon?
(a) Sir Matthew.
(b) Sir Robert.
(c) Sir John.
(d) Sir Thomas.
2. Jane Austen writes to her sister, Cassandra, and recounts what?
(a) The previous night's ball.
(b) Her recent illness.
(c) Her trip to London.
(d) The previous night's symphony performance.
3. On Monday, a parcel from London arrives. Jane is grateful to Cassandra for the long letter and many gifts, and Mr. Austen is pleased with what?
(a) His handkerchief.
(b) His stockings.
(c) His cravat.
(d) His dress coat.
4. Jane informs her sister that Edward and Frank have left to do what?
(a) Go to university.
(b) Seek their fortunes.
(c) Join the military.
(d) Find jobs.
5. Jane wishes she could cancel what for the summer?
(a) Her piano lessons.
(b) Her intended visits.
(c) Her work obligations.
(d) Her dance lessons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane is pleased with Miss Fletcher for drinking her tea without ______________ and for her admiration of "Camilla".
2. She attends a party at the Cookes' but there is scarcely any what there?
3. Jane stays at Goodnestone until Monday and hopes that Edward will fetch her for what reason?
4. Why does Cassandra need not worry about Penlingtons?
5. She asks Cassandra's advice about what fashion?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)