|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 41-50 dated January 22nd, 1805 to February 9th, 1807.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A letter from Miss Pearson causes Jane to suspect the other lady of what?
(a) Matrimonial views.
2. Mr. Austen offers his ____________ to James Digweed but is refused.
(c) Blacksmith shop.
(d) Carpentry shop.
3. Sophie is happy with what that Lizzy sends her?
(a) The horse.
(b) The bird.
(c) The dog.
(d) The cat.
4. A lady interrupts Jane's writing to inquire about hiring Anne as what?
(a) A school mistress.
(b) A governess.
(c) A maid.
(d) A librarian.
5. When Mr. Austen inquires about Tom, she tells him that her nephew is studying for _____________ in London and sends his regrets to Mrs. Austen on her illness.
(a) His teacher certification.
(b) The GED.
(c) The bar.
(d) His medical license.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jane not expect letters from Cassandra until she receives them?
2. Jane prefers _________________ in terms of nursing her brother back to health.
3. She attends a party at the Cookes' but there is scarcely any what there?
4. Jane plans to arrive at Goodnestone as Cassandra is leaving and to take her sister's place for several days. Jane's pleasant journey is offset by what?
5. Jane was disappointed that Charles Fowle was not in attendance, but glad that her_____________, Tom Lefroy was there.
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)