|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 41-50 dated January 22nd, 1805 to February 9th, 1807.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Jane been practicing her music instead of writing?
(a) She has a complaint in her eye which makes reading and writing difficult
(b) She has been asked to play the piano forte at the next ball.
(c) She has just received a new piano forte.
(d) She is tired of writing.
2. Mr. Austen offers his ____________ to James Digweed but is refused.
(a) Blacksmith shop.
(c) Carpentry shop.
3. Cassandra has a pleasant journey to Godmersham, but Jane worries. Why?
(a) Jane wonders if Cassandra will ever return.
(b) She was ill before she left.
(c) Her last letter seemed unhappy.
(d) She has not received a letter since Cassandra left home.
4. Jane gossips to her sister that Earle Harwood accidentally did what and is in the hospital where his family visits him?
(a) Fell down the stairs.
(b) Poisoned himself.
(c) Shot himself in the thigh.
(d) Fell off his horse.
5. Jane is upset that Cassandra will not be doing what with their mother and herself?
(a) Going to Beckenham.
(b) Going to Barnsley.
(c) Going to Berkhamsted.
(d) Going to Bath.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane complains that people are ____________ in this neighborhood.
2. Jane stays at Goodnestone until Monday and hopes that Edward will fetch her for what reason?
3. Sophie is happy with what that Lizzy sends her?
4. Jane is pleased to tell Cassandra what about their mother?
5. Jane is tired of writing and does not intend to write for how long?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)