|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 41-50 dated January 22nd, 1805 to February 9th, 1807.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane finds the parties stupid for what reason?
(a) They are too pretentious.
(b) They are dull and boring.
(c) They are too large and crowded.
(d) They are so small, and she thinks the people are disagreeable.
2. Jane hopes to see Cassandra soon, and praises James as what?
(a) A useful "man of letters".
(b) A wonderful horseman.
(c) A help around the house.
(d) A great friend.
3. Jane praises her sister's ______________ writing in her last correspondence.
4. The answer to number 27 is in reference to what book?
(a) Jonathan Swift's "Gulliver's Travels".
(b) Jonathan Swift's "Drapier's Letters."
(c) Jonathan Swift's "A Modest Proposal."
(d) Jonathan Swift's "A Journal to Stella."
5. The apothecary believes that Edward did what?
(a) Ate something disagreeable.
(b) Was bitten by an insect.
(c) Poisoned himself intentionally.
(d) Caught a virus.
Short Answer Questions
1. She does not intend to accept her aunt's invitation to what?
2. Jane is pleased with Miss Fletcher for drinking her tea without ______________ and for her admiration of "Camilla".
3. Jane receives a descriptive letter from Frank, and a letter from Charles stating that what is awaiting orders?
4. Jane is pleased by Ly Gordon's manners, but thinks Ly Elizabeth and Miss Hatton have _________ to say.
5. Jane has subscribed to whose library of novels and other literature?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)