|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 41-50 dated January 22nd, 1805 to February 9th, 1807.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to both Mrs. Coulthard and Anne?
(a) They both moved to America.
(b) They both came for a visit.
(c) They both wrote books.
(d) They both died in childbirth.
2. Jane praises her sister's ______________ writing in her last correspondence.
3. Jane generously allows Mary all of her former admirers for what reason?
(a) She does not like admirers.
(b) She means to confine herself exclusively to Tom Lefroy.
(c) She knows that Mary does not have any admirers.
(d) She is getting married.
4. Cassandra has a pleasant journey to Godmersham, but Jane worries. Why?
(a) Her last letter seemed unhappy.
(b) She has not received a letter since Cassandra left home.
(c) Jane wonders if Cassandra will ever return.
(d) She was ill before she left.
5. Jane stays at Goodnestone until Monday and hopes that Edward will fetch her for what reason?
(a) Since he is coming to visit Goodnestone.
(b) Since he has said he will come to fetch her.
(c) Since his health is better now.
(d) Since he will be in town.
Short Answer Questions
1. As what does Jane refer to Mr. Evelyn?
2. Jane has subscribed to whose library of novels and other literature?
3. Jane receives a descriptive letter from Frank, and a letter from Charles stating that what is awaiting orders?
4. Why does Cassandra need not worry about Penlingtons?
5. She attends a party at the Cookes' but there is scarcely any what there?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)