|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 41-50 dated January 22nd, 1805 to February 9th, 1807.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Jane been practicing her music instead of writing?
(a) She has been asked to play the piano forte at the next ball.
(b) She has just received a new piano forte.
(c) She has a complaint in her eye which makes reading and writing difficult
(d) She is tired of writing.
2. Jane stays at Goodnestone until Monday and hopes that Edward will fetch her for what reason?
(a) Since his health is better now.
(b) Since he will be in town.
(c) Since he is coming to visit Goodnestone.
(d) Since he has said he will come to fetch her.
3. She attends a party at the Cookes' but there is scarcely any what there?
4. Jane was disappointed that Charles Fowle was not in attendance, but glad that her_____________, Tom Lefroy was there.
(a) "French friend."
(b) "American friend."
(c) "Italian friend."
(d) "Irish friend."
5. Jane and Mrs. Austen are currently in a house in Seymour Street, but Jane went with her uncle to look at two pleasing houses where?
(a) In Red Park Buildings.
(b) In White Park Buildings.
(c) In Blue Park Buildings.
(d) In Green Park Buildings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane generously allows Mary all of her former admirers for what reason?
2. She refers to her work, "First Impressions", which would later become what novel?
3. Jane praises her sister's ______________ writing in her last correspondence.
4. Jane gossips to her sister that Earle Harwood accidentally did what and is in the hospital where his family visits him?
5. Jane is upset that Cassandra will not be doing what with their mother and herself?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)