|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 41-50 dated January 22nd, 1805 to February 9th, 1807.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane is pleased with Miss Fletcher for drinking her tea without ______________ and for her admiration of "Camilla".
2. Jane is pleased to tell Cassandra what about their mother?
(a) She has come for a visit.
(b) She has had another child.
(c) She has written a book.
(d) She has not had a relapse and is doing much better.
3. Mrs. Austen finds her deceased husband's _________________ and wants Frank to accept them.
(a) Letters, bills, and gloves.
(b) Suspenders, comb, and toothbrush.
(c) Glasses, handkerchief, and shoe horn.
(d) Compass, sun-dial and scissors.
4. Jane finds the parties stupid for what reason?
(a) They are dull and boring.
(b) They are so small, and she thinks the people are disagreeable.
(c) They are too pretentious.
(d) They are too large and crowded.
5. Jane prefers _________________ in terms of nursing her brother back to health.
(a) Dr. Mapleton to Dr. Fellowes.
(b) Dr. Fellowes to Dr. Mapleton.
(c) Dr. Oz to Dr. Phil.
(d) Dr. Morrow to Dr. Fells.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane and Mrs. Austen are currently in a house in Seymour Street, but Jane went with her uncle to look at two pleasing houses where?
2. Jane was disappointed that Charles Fowle was not in attendance, but glad that her_____________, Tom Lefroy was there.
3. She refers to her work, "First Impressions", which would later become what novel?
4. Jane plans to arrive at Goodnestone as Cassandra is leaving and to take her sister's place for several days. Jane's pleasant journey is offset by what?
5. Jane discusses the plans for moving ____________ with Cassandra and tells her that their aunt is happy about the Austens' moving.
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)