|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 41-50 dated January 22nd, 1805 to February 9th, 1807.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A lady interrupts Jane's writing to inquire about hiring Anne as what?
(a) A librarian.
(b) A governess.
(c) A maid.
(d) A school mistress.
2. The apothecary believes that Edward did what?
(a) Was bitten by an insect.
(b) Ate something disagreeable.
(c) Poisoned himself intentionally.
(d) Caught a virus.
3. Jane writes to her cousin, Miss Walter Seal, in American to offer her condolences on the loss of who?
(a) Miss Seal's father.
(b) Miss Seal's sister.
(c) Miss Seal's brother.
(d) Miss Seal's mother.
4. Jane was alone with Mr. Holder at Ashe Park for ten minutes, which was very _______________.
(a) Uncomfortable and awkward.
(b) Relaxing and peaceful.
(c) Fun and exciting.
(d) Strange but enjoyable.
5. The household items sold well, though Jane is unhappy with the price she got for what?
(a) Her clothes.
(b) Her books.
(c) Her art work.
(d) Her shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane hopes to see Cassandra soon, and praises James as what?
2. Why does Cassandra need not worry about Penlingtons?
3. She attends a party at the Cookes' but there is scarcely any what there?
4. Jane and Mrs. Austen are currently in a house in Seymour Street, but Jane went with her uncle to look at two pleasing houses where?
5. Jane is very busy making shirts for Edward, and she claims she is the ___________ worker.
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)