|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 41-50 dated January 22nd, 1805 to February 9th, 1807.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane was disappointed that Charles Fowle was not in attendance, but glad that her_____________, Tom Lefroy was there.
(a) "Irish friend."
(b) "French friend."
(c) "Italian friend."
(d) "American friend."
2. Jane and Mrs. Austen are currently in a house in Seymour Street, but Jane went with her uncle to look at two pleasing houses where?
(a) In Green Park Buildings.
(b) In Blue Park Buildings.
(c) In Red Park Buildings.
(d) In White Park Buildings.
3. Jane laments losing what of her mother's?
4. Mr. Austen offers his ____________ to James Digweed but is refused.
(a) Carpentry shop.
(b) Blacksmith shop.
5. Jane wishes she could cancel what for the summer?
(a) Her dance lessons.
(b) Her work obligations.
(c) Her piano lessons.
(d) Her intended visits.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane discusses the plans for moving ____________ with Cassandra and tells her that their aunt is happy about the Austens' moving.
2. Jane generously allows Mary all of her former admirers for what reason?
3. On Monday, a parcel from London arrives. Jane is grateful to Cassandra for the long letter and many gifts, and Mr. Austen is pleased with what?
4. Why does Jane call on most of their neighbors?
5. Jane gossips to her sister that Earle Harwood accidentally did what and is in the hospital where his family visits him?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)