Four Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 141-150 dated June 25th, 1816 to January 24th, 1817.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane generously allows Mary all of her former admirers for what reason?
(a) She does not like admirers.
(b) She is getting married.
(c) She means to confine herself exclusively to Tom Lefroy.
(d) She knows that Mary does not have any admirers.
2. The answer to number 27 is in reference to what book?
(a) Jonathan Swift's "Gulliver's Travels".
(b) Jonathan Swift's "A Modest Proposal."
(c) Jonathan Swift's "A Journal to Stella."
(d) Jonathan Swift's "Drapier's Letters."
3. Harriet is truly grieved over whose death?
(a) Mrs. Budd's.
(b) The Queen's.
(c) Her aunt's.
(d) The King's.
4. Jane is thrilled that Cassandra plans to do what?
(a) Move to London.
(b) Get married.
(c) Attend a ball.
(d) Return home soon.
5. Jane is disappointed that Cassandra is doing what?
(a) Moving away from home.
(b) Staying away from home longer.
(c) Getting married.
(d) Coming home so soon.
Short Answer Questions
1. The house at Bath is finally cleared out and is quite _________.
2. Jane writes to James Stanier Clarke, asking permission to do what?
3. Jane makes ___________ pounds from the sale of the books and the sale of the copyright.
4. Henry gives Jane a gift of _______ pounds, and she plans to buy poplin and send half to Cassandra.
5. She visits the Fagg family and describes who?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)