|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 91-100 dated October 11th, 1813 to March 21st, 1814.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane is pleased to tell Cassandra what about their mother?
(a) She has written a book.
(b) She has had another child.
(c) She has come for a visit.
(d) She has not had a relapse and is doing much better.
2. She is determined to raise money for what which is to be printed at her expense?
(a) The first printing of "Sense and Sensibility."
(b) The first printing of "Persuasion."
(c) The second printing of "Persuasion."
(d) The second printing of "Sense and Sensibility"
3. When Mr. Austen inquires about Tom, she tells him that her nephew is studying for _____________ in London and sends his regrets to Mrs. Austen on her illness.
(a) His teacher certification.
(b) His medical license.
(c) The bar.
(d) The GED.
4. Why does Cassandra need not worry about Penlingtons?
(a) Edward has already settled business there.
(b) Mrs. Austen has already settled business there.
(c) Mr. Austen plans to settle business there.
(d) Jane plans to settle business there.
5. Jane was alone with Mr. Holder at Ashe Park for ten minutes, which was very _______________.
(a) Fun and exciting.
(b) Relaxing and peaceful.
(c) Uncomfortable and awkward.
(d) Strange but enjoyable.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Austens' household articles have been ___________ finally.
2. Jane receives a copy of her "own darling child" from London, referring to the publication of what novel?
3. Although Eliza is ill, she is still __________.
4. Jane disdains Robert Southey's "Letters from England" as horribly ______________.
5. Jane has subscribed to whose library of novels and other literature?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)