|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 91-100 dated October 11th, 1813 to March 21st, 1814.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The household items sold well, though Jane is unhappy with the price she got for what?
(a) Her books.
(b) Her clothes.
(c) Her art work.
(d) Her shoes.
2. Why does Anne give notice to discontinue her employment for the Austens?
(a) Her family is moving out of the country.
(b) She is engaged.
(c) She has found a new job.
(d) She will become a school mistress.
3. Why is Jane anxious to go home?
(a) She is not feeling well.
(b) She misses Cassandra.
(c) She is bored.
(d) There has been a lot of company at Mrs. Knight's house.
4. She is determined to raise money for what which is to be printed at her expense?
(a) The second printing of "Sense and Sensibility"
(b) The first printing of "Persuasion."
(c) The second printing of "Persuasion."
(d) The first printing of "Sense and Sensibility."
5. Why does Jane not expect letters from Cassandra until she receives them?
(a) Cassandra is often too busy to write.
(b) Cassandra is not consistent about writing.
(c) Jane forgets about Cassandra.
(d) To avoid disappointment.
Short Answer Questions
1. She describes her plans for what book for the first time?
2. She suspects that Charles will arrive today and he arrives when?
3. Jane finds the parties stupid for what reason?
4. Jane praises Eaton Stannard Barrett's "The Heroine" as being amusingly written in what style?
5. She also states that she just found out that Mr. Crabbe was married when what happened?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)