|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 91-100 dated October 11th, 1813 to March 21st, 1814.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mr. Austen inquires about Tom, she tells him that her nephew is studying for _____________ in London and sends his regrets to Mrs. Austen on her illness.
(a) His medical license.
(b) The bar.
(c) His teacher certification.
(d) The GED.
2. Jane plans to read Robert Southey's "Life of Nelson" for what reason?
(a) She enjoyed his previous book.
(b) He asked her to read it.
(c) Frank is mentioned in it.
(d) She has heard this book is good.
3. Jane writes to offer her condolences to Edward on the death of who?
(a) His fiancee.
(b) His friend.
(c) His niece.
(d) His wife.
4. The household items sold well, though Jane is unhappy with the price she got for what?
(a) Her shoes.
(b) Her books.
(c) Her clothes.
(d) Her art work.
5. Why does Anne give notice to discontinue her employment for the Austens?
(a) She has found a new job.
(b) She will become a school mistress.
(c) She is engaged.
(d) Her family is moving out of the country.
Short Answer Questions
1. She refers to her work, "First Impressions", which would later become what novel?
2. The Austens' household articles have been ___________ finally.
3. Why is Jane anxious to go home?
4. Harriet is truly grieved over whose death?
5. Mr. Austen offers his ____________ to James Digweed but is refused.
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)