|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 91-100 dated October 11th, 1813 to March 21st, 1814.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane is happy with the recent publication of what?
(a) Mansfield Park.
(b) Practical Piety.
(c) Pride and Prejudice.
2. Jane quips that she will comfort who?
(a) Him but not his children.
(b) His wife.
(c) No one in his family.
(d) His children but not him.
3. Jane plans to read Robert Southey's "Life of Nelson" for what reason?
(a) He asked her to read it.
(b) She enjoyed his previous book.
(c) She has heard this book is good.
(d) Frank is mentioned in it.
4. She suspects that Charles will arrive today and he arrives when?
(a) At seven in the morning.
(b) At six in the morning.
(c) At seven in the evening.
(d) At six in the evening.
5. Jane was alone with Mr. Holder at Ashe Park for ten minutes, which was very _______________.
(a) Relaxing and peaceful.
(b) Strange but enjoyable.
(c) Uncomfortable and awkward.
(d) Fun and exciting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane and Mrs. Austen are currently in a house in Seymour Street, but Jane went with her uncle to look at two pleasing houses where?
2. Why does Jane not expect letters from Cassandra until she receives them?
3. The Austens' journey to Kent will include Frank if he is not ____________ at the time.
4. Harriet is truly grieved over whose death?
5. Jane jokes that she is "rather in love" with whom?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)