|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 91-100 dated October 11th, 1813 to March 21st, 1814.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane disdains Robert Southey's "Letters from England" as horribly ______________.
2. Why is Jane anxious to go home?
(a) She misses Cassandra.
(b) She is bored.
(c) She is not feeling well.
(d) There has been a lot of company at Mrs. Knight's house.
3. Jane is upset that Cassandra will not be doing what with their mother and herself?
(a) Going to Berkhamsted.
(b) Going to Bath.
(c) Going to Barnsley.
(d) Going to Beckenham.
4. A rumor circulates that Charles is bringing who home?
(a) The 'Cleopatra.'
(b) The 'Goddess.'
(c) The 'Queen.'
(d) The 'Witch.'
5. When Mr. Austen inquires about Tom, she tells him that her nephew is studying for _____________ in London and sends his regrets to Mrs. Austen on her illness.
(a) The GED.
(b) His teacher certification.
(c) The bar.
(d) His medical license.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane receives a copy of her "own darling child" from London, referring to the publication of what novel?
2. She suspects that Charles will arrive today and he arrives when?
3. Jane dissuades Cassandra from asking who to escort her to Steventon?
4. Harriet is truly grieved over whose death?
5. Edward's name change is finalized, from Austen to Knight, that of his _____________ who adopted him and left him an inheritance.
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)