|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 91-100 dated October 11th, 1813 to March 21st, 1814.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane dissuades Cassandra from asking who to escort her to Steventon?
(a) Sir Thomas.
(b) Sir Robert.
(c) Sir John.
(d) Sir Matthew.
2. Jane was alone with Mr. Holder at Ashe Park for ten minutes, which was very _______________.
(a) Fun and exciting.
(b) Relaxing and peaceful.
(c) Strange but enjoyable.
(d) Uncomfortable and awkward.
3. When does Jane retract this statement?
(a) She receives a commissioned biography for the prince regent.
(b) She receives a letter from Cassandra asking for a book.
(c) She receives a letter from Frank, warning of long intervals in his writing.
(d) She receives a compliment from her mother regarding her last book.
4. Jane quips that she will comfort who?
(a) His children but not him.
(b) Him but not his children.
(c) His wife.
(d) No one in his family.
5. Why is Jane not impressed with "The Farmer's Wife?"
(a) Because of Miss S.'s singing and acting.
(b) Because of Miss S.'s dancing.
(c) Because of Miss S.'s monologue.
(d) Because of all of the acting.
Short Answer Questions
1. She visits the Fagg family and describes who?
2. Jane disdains Robert Southey's "Letters from England" as horribly ______________.
3. Jane is thrilled with her and Cassandra's newest what?
4. She describes her plans for what book for the first time?
5. Jane has been pressured to stay with Mrs. Knight until September but desires to be home when?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)