|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 91-100 dated October 11th, 1813 to March 21st, 1814.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane is pleased to tell Cassandra what about their mother?
(a) She has written a book.
(b) She has come for a visit.
(c) She has not had a relapse and is doing much better.
(d) She has had another child.
2. Why does Cassandra need not worry about Penlingtons?
(a) Mr. Austen plans to settle business there.
(b) Mrs. Austen has already settled business there.
(c) Edward has already settled business there.
(d) Jane plans to settle business there.
3. Jane jokingly wishes Edward a "happy thirtieth birthday", although it is actually his ____________ birthday.
4. Why is Jane not impressed with "The Farmer's Wife?"
(a) Because of all of the acting.
(b) Because of Miss S.'s monologue.
(c) Because of Miss S.'s dancing.
(d) Because of Miss S.'s singing and acting.
5. Jane writes to offer her condolences to Edward on the death of who?
(a) His fiancee.
(b) His friend.
(c) His wife.
(d) His niece.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane sees Isaac Bickerstaffe's play, "The Hypocrite", which is taken from Moliere's _____________.
2. Jane is thrilled with her and Cassandra's newest what?
3. Jane quips that she will comfort who?
4. Jane has been pressured to stay with Mrs. Knight until September but desires to be home when?
5. Jane is happy when "Sense and Sensibility" is advertised and happy with Miss Sharpe's flattery that "Pride and Prejudice" is read where?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)