|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 121-130 dated October 17th, 1815 to December 11th, 1815.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. She writes to Caroline Austen, apologizing that she has not yet done what?
(a) Come for a visit.
(b) Read Caroline's manuscript.
(c) Sent her a copy of "Pride and Prejudice."
(d) Written a book about her.
2. Who is the most comfortable and successful member of the Austen family?
3. Henry gives Jane a gift of _______ pounds, and she plans to buy poplin and send half to Cassandra.
4. Jane receives a pleasing visit from whom, but is disappointed when he does not arrive on schedule?
(a) Edward Knight.
(b) Frank Austen.
(c) Cassandra Austen.
(d) Henry Austen.
5. Fanny Knight's visit makes Jane quite happy and she notices that Fanny is affected by what?
(a) The long journey.
(b) An illness.
(c) The weather.
(d) The sight of the children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane is thrilled with the praise that she hears about what novel from Lady Robert and Mr. Hastings?
2. Jane thinks that concealing the intended partnership with Martha Lloyd is __________, referring to Frank's intentions to marry Martha.
3. Jane makes ___________ pounds from the sale of the books and the sale of the copyright.
4. Jane is pleased that __________________ of "Sense and Sensibility" sell.
5. Edward does well at Chawton with what?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)