|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 121-130 dated October 17th, 1815 to December 11th, 1815.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane congratulates her niece on becoming what?
(a) A sister.
(b) A godmother.
(c) An aunt.
(d) A mother.
2. She attends a party at the Cookes' but there is scarcely any what there?
3. Jane hopes to see Cassandra soon, and praises James as what?
(a) A great friend.
(b) A wonderful horseman.
(c) A help around the house.
(d) A useful "man of letters".
4. Jane spends most of her time _________________ and anxiously awaiting Edward's arrival next Tuesday.
(b) Working or reading.
(d) Practicing her music.
5. Jane receives a pleasing visit from whom, but is disappointed when he does not arrive on schedule?
(a) Edward Knight.
(b) Cassandra Austen.
(c) Frank Austen.
(d) Henry Austen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fanny Knight's visit makes Jane quite happy and she notices that Fanny is affected by what?
2. Jane is pleased that __________________ of "Sense and Sensibility" sell.
3. Jane complains about Mr. Haden's paraphrasing "Merchant of Venice" by saying that people who are _____________ are capable of all sorts of evil.
4. Jane enjoys visiting Henry, though he has a pain where?
5. Mr. John Murray, a London publisher, offers Jane how many pounds for "Emma" and the copyrights to "Mansfield Park" and "Sense and Sensibility?"
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)