|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 121-130 dated October 17th, 1815 to December 11th, 1815.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Henry takes Jane to see _______________, and Jane is pleased at a small portrait of "Mrs. Bingley", like "Portrait of a Lady" by J. F. M. Huet-Villiers.
(a) The Exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery.
(b) The Exhibition in Spring Gardens.
(c) The Exhibition at Hyde Park.
(d) The Exhibition at London Tower.
2. She attends a party at the Cookes' but there is scarcely any what there?
3. The apothecary arrives to do what?
(a) Examine Henry.
(b) Deliver Henry's medication.
(c) Bleed Henry.
(d) Give Henry medication.
4. She writes to Caroline Austen, apologizing that she has not yet done what?
(a) Read Caroline's manuscript.
(b) Come for a visit.
(c) Written a book about her.
(d) Sent her a copy of "Pride and Prejudice."
5. Mrs. Austen finds her deceased husband's _________________ and wants Frank to accept them.
(a) Suspenders, comb, and toothbrush.
(b) Compass, sun-dial and scissors.
(c) Letters, bills, and gloves.
(d) Glasses, handkerchief, and shoe horn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane writes to James Stanier Clarke, asking permission to do what?
2. She is frightened at the thought that who wants to be introduced to her?
3. Jane makes ___________ pounds from the sale of the books and the sale of the copyright.
4. Jane yearns to see whose exhibition as well?
5. Edward does well at Chawton with what?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)