|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 121-130 dated October 17th, 1815 to December 11th, 1815.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane writes to James Stanier Clarke, asking permission to do what?
(a) Send him a copy of "Emma."
(b) Dedicate "Emma" to the prince regent.
(c) Write another novel.
(d) Have "Emma" published.
2. Jane receives a pleasing visit from whom, but is disappointed when he does not arrive on schedule?
(a) Frank Austen.
(b) Cassandra Austen.
(c) Henry Austen.
(d) Edward Knight.
3. Jane tells Cassandra that Henry is home and ___________ than she thought.
4. Jane plans to arrive at Goodnestone as Cassandra is leaving and to take her sister's place for several days. Jane's pleasant journey is offset by what?
(a) A late start.
(b) Poor weather.
(c) An agitation at her arrival at Goodnestone.
(d) A cold.
5. Sophie is happy with what that Lizzy sends her?
(a) The dog.
(b) The bird.
(c) The horse.
(d) The cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the most comfortable and successful member of the Austen family?
2. Jane congratulates her niece on becoming what?
3. Jane is thrilled with the praise that she hears about what novel from Lady Robert and Mr. Hastings?
4. Jane rejoices that her cold allowed her to do what?
5. Jane complains about Mr. Haden's paraphrasing "Merchant of Venice" by saying that people who are _____________ are capable of all sorts of evil.
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)