|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 121-130 dated October 17th, 1815 to December 11th, 1815.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane receives a pleasing visit from whom, but is disappointed when he does not arrive on schedule?
(a) Frank Austen.
(b) Henry Austen.
(c) Cassandra Austen.
(d) Edward Knight.
2. She does not intend to accept her aunt's invitation to what?
(a) The Grand Sydney-Garden Ball.
(b) The Grand Sydney-Garden Breakfast.
(c) The Grand Sydney-Garden Opera.
(d) The Grand Sydney-Garden Dinner.
3. She writes to Caroline Austen, apologizing that she has not yet done what?
(a) Sent her a copy of "Pride and Prejudice."
(b) Read Caroline's manuscript.
(c) Come for a visit.
(d) Written a book about her.
4. Jane congratulates her niece on becoming what?
(a) A mother.
(b) An aunt.
(c) A sister.
(d) A godmother.
5. Mrs. Austen finds her deceased husband's _________________ and wants Frank to accept them.
(a) Glasses, handkerchief, and shoe horn.
(b) Suspenders, comb, and toothbrush.
(c) Letters, bills, and gloves.
(d) Compass, sun-dial and scissors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry takes Jane to see _______________, and Jane is pleased at a small portrait of "Mrs. Bingley", like "Portrait of a Lady" by J. F. M. Huet-Villiers.
2. Sophie is happy with what that Lizzy sends her?
3. She attends a party at the Cookes' but there is scarcely any what there?
4. Jane is thrilled with the praise that she hears about what novel from Lady Robert and Mr. Hastings?
5. Who is the most comfortable and successful member of the Austen family?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)