|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 121-130 dated October 17th, 1815 to December 11th, 1815.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Edward does well at Chawton with what?
(a) Her mercantile business.
2. Jane enjoys visiting Henry, though he has a pain where?
(a) In his leg.
(b) In his chest.
(c) In his face.
(d) In his arm.
3. Jane hopes to see Cassandra soon, and praises James as what?
(a) A great friend.
(b) A wonderful horseman.
(c) A useful "man of letters".
(d) A help around the house.
4. Jane yearns to see whose exhibition as well?
(a) Sir Jacob Riley.
(b) Sir James Rowland's.
(c) Sir John Raymer.
(d) Sir Joshua Reynold's.
5. She writes to Caroline Austen, apologizing that she has not yet done what?
(a) Read Caroline's manuscript.
(b) Come for a visit.
(c) Written a book about her.
(d) Sent her a copy of "Pride and Prejudice."
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane complains about Mr. Haden's paraphrasing "Merchant of Venice" by saying that people who are _____________ are capable of all sorts of evil.
2. Jane thinks that concealing the intended partnership with Martha Lloyd is __________, referring to Frank's intentions to marry Martha.
3. Jane sees Miss Chamberlayne perform _____________, which reminds her of Miss Lefroy's performance.
4. Jane receives a pleasing visit from whom, but is disappointed when he does not arrive on schedule?
5. Henry takes Jane to see _______________, and Jane is pleased at a small portrait of "Mrs. Bingley", like "Portrait of a Lady" by J. F. M. Huet-Villiers.
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)