|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 121-130 dated October 17th, 1815 to December 11th, 1815.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. She has read Sarah Harriet Burney's "Clarentine" and finds it how?
(a) Surprising and filled with unusual events.
(b) Interesting and intriguing.
(c) Boring and a waste of time.
(d) Stupid and filled with unnatural conduct.
2. Jane tells Cassandra that Henry is home and ___________ than she thought.
3. Jane writes to James Stanier Clarke, asking permission to do what?
(a) Send him a copy of "Emma."
(b) Have "Emma" published.
(c) Write another novel.
(d) Dedicate "Emma" to the prince regent.
4. Jane yearns to see whose exhibition as well?
(a) Sir John Raymer.
(b) Sir Jacob Riley.
(c) Sir Joshua Reynold's.
(d) Sir James Rowland's.
5. Henry is promoted and does not feel the loss of who so badly because he is used to being away from her?
Short Answer Questions
1. A lady interrupts Jane's writing to inquire about hiring Anne as what?
2. Henry takes Jane to see _______________, and Jane is pleased at a small portrait of "Mrs. Bingley", like "Portrait of a Lady" by J. F. M. Huet-Villiers.
3. Jane receives a pleasing visit from whom, but is disappointed when he does not arrive on schedule?
4. She does not intend to accept her aunt's invitation to what?
5. Jane stays at Goodnestone until Monday and hopes that Edward will fetch her for what reason?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)