|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 121-130 dated October 17th, 1815 to December 11th, 1815.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane yearns to see whose exhibition as well?
(a) Sir James Rowland's.
(b) Sir Joshua Reynold's.
(c) Sir John Raymer.
(d) Sir Jacob Riley.
2. She has read Sarah Harriet Burney's "Clarentine" and finds it how?
(a) Stupid and filled with unnatural conduct.
(b) Interesting and intriguing.
(c) Boring and a waste of time.
(d) Surprising and filled with unusual events.
3. Jane rejoices that her cold allowed her to do what?
(b) Avoid many visits that she did not plan to enjoy.
(d) Write without interruption.
4. Jane congratulates her niece on becoming what?
(a) An aunt.
(b) A godmother.
(c) A mother.
(d) A sister.
5. Jane hopes to see Cassandra soon, and praises James as what?
(a) A wonderful horseman.
(b) A great friend.
(c) A useful "man of letters".
(d) A help around the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane writes to James Stanier Clarke, asking permission to do what?
2. Henry takes Jane to see _______________, and Jane is pleased at a small portrait of "Mrs. Bingley", like "Portrait of a Lady" by J. F. M. Huet-Villiers.
3. Jane is pleased that __________________ of "Sense and Sensibility" sell.
4. She attends a party at the Cookes' but there is scarcely any what there?
5. Mr. John Murray, a London publisher, offers Jane how many pounds for "Emma" and the copyrights to "Mansfield Park" and "Sense and Sensibility?"
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)