|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 121-130 dated October 17th, 1815 to December 11th, 1815.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane writes to James Stanier Clarke, asking permission to do what?
(a) Dedicate "Emma" to the prince regent.
(b) Write another novel.
(c) Send him a copy of "Emma."
(d) Have "Emma" published.
2. Jane stays at Goodnestone until Monday and hopes that Edward will fetch her for what reason?
(a) Since he will be in town.
(b) Since he has said he will come to fetch her.
(c) Since he is coming to visit Goodnestone.
(d) Since his health is better now.
3. The apothecary arrives to do what?
(a) Examine Henry.
(b) Give Henry medication.
(c) Bleed Henry.
(d) Deliver Henry's medication.
4. She has read Sarah Harriet Burney's "Clarentine" and finds it how?
(a) Boring and a waste of time.
(b) Interesting and intriguing.
(c) Surprising and filled with unusual events.
(d) Stupid and filled with unnatural conduct.
5. Jane complains about Mr. Haden's paraphrasing "Merchant of Venice" by saying that people who are _____________ are capable of all sorts of evil.
(a) Not musically inclined.
(b) Poor actors.
(d) Poor writers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mrs. Austen finds her deceased husband's _________________ and wants Frank to accept them.
2. Henry is promoted and does not feel the loss of who so badly because he is used to being away from her?
3. Jane thinks that concealing the intended partnership with Martha Lloyd is __________, referring to Frank's intentions to marry Martha.
4. She does not intend to accept her aunt's invitation to what?
5. Henry gives Jane a gift of _______ pounds, and she plans to buy poplin and send half to Cassandra.
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)