|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 121-130 dated October 17th, 1815 to December 11th, 1815.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane receives a pleasing visit from whom, but is disappointed when he does not arrive on schedule?
(a) Cassandra Austen.
(b) Henry Austen.
(c) Frank Austen.
(d) Edward Knight.
2. Sophie is happy with what that Lizzy sends her?
(a) The bird.
(b) The horse.
(c) The cat.
(d) The dog.
3. Jane tells Cassandra that Henry is home and ___________ than she thought.
4. Jane hopes to see Cassandra soon, and praises James as what?
(a) A great friend.
(b) A help around the house.
(c) A wonderful horseman.
(d) A useful "man of letters".
5. A lady interrupts Jane's writing to inquire about hiring Anne as what?
(a) A librarian.
(b) A maid.
(c) A school mistress.
(d) A governess.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane plans to arrive at Goodnestone as Cassandra is leaving and to take her sister's place for several days. Jane's pleasant journey is offset by what?
2. Jane stays at Goodnestone until Monday and hopes that Edward will fetch her for what reason?
3. Henry takes Jane to see _______________, and Jane is pleased at a small portrait of "Mrs. Bingley", like "Portrait of a Lady" by J. F. M. Huet-Villiers.
4. Mr. John Murray, a London publisher, offers Jane how many pounds for "Emma" and the copyrights to "Mansfield Park" and "Sense and Sensibility?"
5. Jane sees Miss Chamberlayne perform _____________, which reminds her of Miss Lefroy's performance.
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)