|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 121-130 dated October 17th, 1815 to December 11th, 1815.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane stays at Goodnestone until Monday and hopes that Edward will fetch her for what reason?
(a) Since his health is better now.
(b) Since he is coming to visit Goodnestone.
(c) Since he has said he will come to fetch her.
(d) Since he will be in town.
2. Jane is pleased that __________________ of "Sense and Sensibility" sell.
(a) A few copies.
(b) Most copies.
(c) Some copies.
(d) All copies.
3. A lady interrupts Jane's writing to inquire about hiring Anne as what?
(a) A librarian.
(b) A school mistress.
(c) A maid.
(d) A governess.
4. Jane writes to James Stanier Clarke, asking permission to do what?
(a) Send him a copy of "Emma."
(b) Dedicate "Emma" to the prince regent.
(c) Write another novel.
(d) Have "Emma" published.
5. Fanny Knight's visit makes Jane quite happy and she notices that Fanny is affected by what?
(a) The weather.
(b) An illness.
(c) The long journey.
(d) The sight of the children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry is promoted and does not feel the loss of who so badly because he is used to being away from her?
2. The apothecary arrives to do what?
3. Jane thinks that concealing the intended partnership with Martha Lloyd is __________, referring to Frank's intentions to marry Martha.
4. Edward does well at Chawton with what?
5. Jane congratulates her niece on becoming what?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)