One Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 121-130 dated October 17th, 1815 to December 11th, 1815.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mrs. Austen finds her deceased husband's _________________ and wants Frank to accept them.
(a) Suspenders, comb, and toothbrush.
(b) Letters, bills, and gloves.
(c) Compass, sun-dial and scissors.
(d) Glasses, handkerchief, and shoe horn.
2. She attends a party at the Cookes' but there is scarcely any what there?
3. Edward does well at Chawton with what?
(a) Her mercantile business.
4. Henry takes Jane to see _______________, and Jane is pleased at a small portrait of "Mrs. Bingley", like "Portrait of a Lady" by J. F. M. Huet-Villiers.
(a) The Exhibition in Spring Gardens.
(b) The Exhibition at London Tower.
(c) The Exhibition at Hyde Park.
(d) The Exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery.
5. Jane stays at Goodnestone until Monday and hopes that Edward will fetch her for what reason?
(a) Since he has said he will come to fetch her.
(b) Since his health is better now.
(c) Since he will be in town.
(d) Since he is coming to visit Goodnestone.
Short Answer Questions
1. She is frightened at the thought that who wants to be introduced to her?
2. Jane complains about Mr. Haden's paraphrasing "Merchant of Venice" by saying that people who are _____________ are capable of all sorts of evil.
3. Jane makes ___________ pounds from the sale of the books and the sale of the copyright.
4. Jane is pleased that __________________ of "Sense and Sensibility" sell.
5. Jane congratulates her niece on becoming what?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)