Letters 1-10 dated January 9th, 1796 to October 28th, 1798
1. Jane Austen writes to her sister, Cassandra, and recounts what?
(a) Her recent illness.
(b) The previous night's symphony performance.
(c) The previous night's ball.
(d) Her trip to London.
2. Jane was disappointed that Charles Fowle was not in attendance, but glad that her_____________, Tom Lefroy was there.
(a) "Irish friend."
(b) "Italian friend."
(c) "French friend."
(d) "American friend."
3. She praises Tom, mentioning that his only fault is what?
(a) His top hat.
(b) His navy blue dinner jacket.
(c) His light-colored morning coat.
(d) His unattractive cravats.
4. Jane is flattered by her sister's commendation of her writing since Jane "writes only for _______________".
(c) Her family.
5. Jane generously allows Mary all of her former admirers for what reason?
(a) She knows that Mary does not have any admirers.
(b) She means to confine herself exclusively to Tom Lefroy.
(c) She is getting married.
(d) She does not like admirers.
6. Jane hears that Tom is to marry a girl from where?
This section contains 4,569 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)