1. Jane Austen writes to her sister, Cassandra, and recounts what?
(a) The previous night's ball.
(b) The previous night's symphony performance.
(c) Her trip to London.
(d) Her recent illness.
2. Jane was disappointed that Charles Fowle was not in attendance, but glad that her_____________, Tom Lefroy was there.
(a) "Irish friend."
(b) "American friend."
(c) "French friend."
(d) "Italian friend."
3. She praises Tom, mentioning that his only fault is what?
(a) His unattractive cravats.
(b) His light-colored morning coat.
(c) His navy blue dinner jacket.
(d) His top hat.
4. Jane is flattered by her sister's commendation of her writing since Jane "writes only for _______________".
(c) Her family.
5. Jane generously allows Mary all of her former admirers for what reason?
(a) She means to confine herself exclusively to Tom Lefroy.
(b) She knows that Mary does not have any admirers.
(c) She is getting married.
(d) She does not like admirers.
6. Jane hears that Tom is to marry a girl from where?
This section contains 4,569 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)