Letters 1-10 dated January 9th, 1796 to October 28th, 1798
• Jane Austen writes to her sister, Cassandra, and recounts the previous night's ball, including information about Jane's love, Tom Lefroy, their brother Charles, and Cassandra's fiancé, Tom Fowle.
• In her next letter, Jane thanks Cassandra for the letters she has received from her sister and Mary and wishes to see them sooner.
• Jane laments over Tom Lefroy's upcoming marriage to another.
• In her letter Jane discusses everything from her sister's writing, to her brother's health, to her opinion of popular gowns and other gossip.
• Jane continues to talk about balls and those in the community and gives advice to her sister.
• Jane writes to her cousin, Miss Walter Seal, in American to offer her condolences on the loss of Miss Seal's father.
• Jane writes to Cassandra that Jane and their parents have arrived in Rochester; she discusses the journey, books...
This section contains 2,725 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)