Final Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What grant did Joyce receive to help support his family?
(a) Civil List grant.
(b) Edinburgh Scholars grant.
(c) Irish Heritage grant.
(d) Universita Italia grant.
2. Lucia was self conscious about an odd squint and __________________.
(a) Lopsided ears.
(b) A long neck.
(c) A scar.
(d) Crooked teeth.
3. In what year did Joyce marry Nora?
4. Why did printers refuse to publish PORTRAIT OF THE ARTIST AS A YOUNG MAN?
(a) They would get in trouble with the censors.
(b) They did not think they could make any money on it.
(c) It was too large for their facilities.
(d) They thought it was not yet complete.
5. What play did Joyce produce?
(a) Little Women.
(d) The Importance of Being Earnest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helped Joyce attain grants during this period?
2. By 1915, how many years had the Joyces spent in Trieste?
3. What was Joyce's favorite alcoholic beverage?
4. What did Ezra Pound send to Joyce in his diminished state?
5. Who did Giorgio marry?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)