|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money did Mrs. Harold McCormick deposit into Joyce's account?
(a) 100,000 francs.
(b) 12,000 francs.
(c) 1,000 francs.
(d) 7,500 francs.
2. What was the only play that Joyce ever wrote?
(c) Street Song.
3. Who did Joyce attempt to seduce when Nora was on vacation?
(a) His physician.
(b) His attorney.
(c) The nanny.
(d) The maid.
4. Harriet Weaver and Ezra Pound told Joyce that Finnegan's Wake needed more ______________.
5. What did Ezra Pound send to Joyce in his diminished state?
(b) Used clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did many of Joyce's students pay him but not take lessons?
2. In 1923, Giorgio got a job as a _________________.
3. Who was the neighboring woman with whom Joyce had an affair in 1918?
4. What was Joyce's typical demeanor while with his children?
5. What play did Joyce produce?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)