|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1915, Joyce tried to publish _______________________ as a book rather than in excerpts.
(b) Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man.
(c) Chamber Music.
2. What pursuit did Giorgio enjoy?
(a) Writing poetry.
3. Why did printers refuse to publish PORTRAIT OF THE ARTIST AS A YOUNG MAN?
(a) It was too large for their facilities.
(b) They would get in trouble with the censors.
(c) They did not think they could make any money on it.
(d) They thought it was not yet complete.
4. What did Giorgio name his son?
5. What was Charlotte Sauermann's profession?
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom did the Joyce family share an apartment?
2. In what city did Joyce and Nora marry?
3. What did Joyce once do at the end of a play to publicize a theater?
4. Which actor in the play in #97 brought a lawsuit against Joyce?
5. Which friend of Joyce's helped him produce a play?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)