|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lucia was self conscious about an odd squint and __________________.
(a) Lopsided ears.
(b) Crooked teeth.
(c) A long neck.
(d) A scar.
2. Joyce had major health issues with which part of his body?
3. In 1923, Joyce had surgery on his ________________.
4. Who did Joyce befriend and join for long walks during this time ?
5. Who offered Joyce a generous royalty package for the publication of ULYSSES?
(a) Madeline Anderson.
(b) Sylvia Beach.
(c) Ava Monroe.
(d) Emma Galloway.
Short Answer Questions
1. What grant did Joyce receive to help support his family?
2. Which noted psychiatrist wrote a disparaging letter to Joyce?
3. What did Ezra Pound send to Joyce in his diminished state?
4. How much money did Mrs. Harold McCormick deposit into Joyce's account?
5. In 1915, Joyce tried to publish _______________________ as a book rather than in excerpts.
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)