|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Joyce could not attend school in the city in #25 because the school wants the fees right away and __________________.
(a) His French is not good enough.
(b) He does not have the academic credits.
(c) He is not a French citizen.
(d) He is too young.
2. Who was Joyce's younger brother?
3. Who was the main character in the novel in #32?
(a) David Trimble.
(b) Stephen Hero.
(c) Michael Collins.
(d) John Paulus.
4. From what disease did Joyce's mother die?
(b) Lead poisoning.
(d) Heart disease.
5. In 1912 Joyce sent Nora and Lucia on a trip to __________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Joyce and Nora name their son?
2. Which one of Joyce's siblings worked with him at the school in Trieste?
3. In what city was Joyce born?
4. Where did Joyce go to college?
5. Who was the main character in Joyce's ULYSSES?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the nature of Joyce's work in the 1907-1909 period?
2. What was the source of a major break between Joyce and Nora in 1909 and what happened after he and Nora reconciled?
3. What was Joyce's relationship like with his father and how many siblings did Joyce have?
4. What did Joyce do when he still had money problems upon his return to Trieste?
5. What bad luck awaited Joyce when he went to Trieste for a position at a Berlitz school?
6. How did Joyce come to be in Pola in Yugoslavia and why did he eventually leave?
7. Describe the difficult time Joyce had in Rome while working at the bank.
8. When was Joyce born and who had a strong influence on him as a boy?
9. How was Joyce perceived in the literary community in Dublin in 1902?
10. What role did Stanislaus play in Joyce's life in 1905-1906?
This section contains 1,153 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)