Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Joyce always had a talent for __________________.
(a) Playing the violin.
2. What expensive item did Joyce buy for Nora in Galway?
(a) Fur coat.
3. Why had Joyce and Nora not yet married?
(a) Nora was not sure she loved him.
(b) Joyce did not want to get married.
(c) They didn't have the money for a wedding.
(d) They wanted to rebel against society.
4. School records show that Joyce was punished for ______________________.
(b) Vulgar language.
(d) Being late.
5. Where did Joyce go to further his studies?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Joyce's younger brother?
2. What was always an important source of inspiration for Joyce's literary works?
3. What novel did Joyce begin to write in 1904?
4. Who is the girl Joyce began to date in 1904?
5. What did Joyce forbid Nora to wear on the trip in #68?
Short Essay Questions
1. What health problems did Joyce have to manage during this time?
2. When did Joyce meet Nora Barnacle and what was she like?
3. What happened to Nora, Lucia and Stanislaus after Joyce's death?
4. Where did Joyce move his family after Harriet Weaver sent some money?
5. What did Ellmann think were some of the inspirations for Joyce's novel ULYSSES?
6. From whom did Joyce need permission in order to leave France and which family was denied a visa to leave?
7. How did Joyce's professional relationship with Yeats begin?
8. What was Joyce's relationship like with his father and how many siblings did Joyce have?
9. What was Joyce like as a college student at University College in Dublin?
10. With whom did Joyce have an affair in 1918?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)