|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was NOT an illness suffered by Joyce?
2. In what city did Joyce and Nora marry?
3. What play did Joyce produce?
(a) Little Women.
(c) The Importance of Being Earnest.
4. A man named __________________ wanted to publish FINNEGAN'S WAKE in serial form.
5. ULYSSES was translated into which language in 1929?
6. What language did the Joyces speak among themselves?
7. Who was Valery Larbaud?
(a) French university president.
(b) French chef.
(c) French writer.
(d) French translator.
8. How much money did Mrs. Harold McCormick deposit into Joyce's account?
(a) 1,000 francs.
(b) 7,500 francs.
(c) 12,000 francs.
(d) 100,000 francs.
9. What was the only play that Joyce ever wrote?
(c) Street Song.
10. By 1918, Giorgio excelled at singing and ________________.
11. What issue still continued to haunt Joyce in 1915?
(a) Financial problems.
(b) Health problems.
(c) Relationship problems.
(d) Legal problems.
12. Which friend of Joyce's helped him produce a play?
13. What was Charlotte Sauermann's profession?
14. Where was Joyce's play, EXILES, first performed?
15. Which surgery did Nora have in 1929?
(b) Knee repair.
(c) Gallbladder removal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What pursuit did Giorgio enjoy?
2. Which one of his works did Joyce work to translate into French in 1920?
3. What job did Joyce do when the family returned to Trieste in 1919?
4. In what year did Joyce marry Nora?
5. Whose husband committed suicide in 1929?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)