|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Joyce briefly considered a career in _______________.
2. When was Joyce's birthday?
(a) February 2, 1882.
(b) September 15, 1865.
(c) June 25 1860.
(d) May 7, 1907.
3. Who was Joyce's boss in the city in #41?
4. Which of the following was NOT one of Joyce's activities in 1904?
5. Who was the publisher who agreed to print DUBLINERS?
(a) Edward Sloane.
(b) Patrick Shannon.
(c) Grant Richard.
(d) Morris Stanton.
6. Who was the favorite child in the Joyce family?
7. School records show that Joyce was punished for ______________________.
(a) Being late.
(b) Vulgar language.
8. Where did Joyce go to college?
(a) Oxford University.
(b) Trinity College.
(c) University College.
(d) Griffith College.
9. Which of the following was NOT true about Joyce as a child?
(a) He was sullen.
(b) He was well-behaved.
(c) He was self-sufficient.
(d) He was nearsighted.
10. What was the cause of the death of Joyce's brother?
(c) Boating accident.
(d) Typhoid Fever.
11. What did Joyce and Nora name their son?
12. Where did Joyce consider moving his family when he lost his job in Rome?
(a) Monte Carlo.
13. Joyce had a falling out with his old friend and replaced him with ____________________.
(a) Patrick Connelly.
(b) Marcus Jameson.
(c) Miguel Ramirez.
(d) Oliver Gogarty.
14. The city in #43 is known for being _____________________.
(a) A poor city.
(b) An ancient city.
(c) A port city.
(d) A cultural center.
15. Who was Joyce's mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the girl Joyce began to date in 1904?
2. Who was the main character in the novel in #32?
3. What was always an important source of inspiration for Joyce's literary works?
4. Joyce had physical problems with iritis and _________________.
5. Which of Joyce's brothers died young?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)