|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five: Return to Zurich.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what date was Joyce diagnosed with a perforated ulcer?
(a) April 3, 1933.
(b) March 7, 1945.
(c) December 29, 1939.
(d) January 7, 1941.
2. From what disease did Joyce's mother die?
(b) Lead poisoning.
(d) Heart disease.
3. How did Joyce feel about Zurich in 1915?
(a) He hated it.
(b) He thoroughly enjoyed it.
(c) He was ambivalent about it.
(d) He was growing to love it.
4. The Joyces moved in with which family in Trieste?
5. A man named __________________ wanted to publish FINNEGAN'S WAKE in serial form.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 5, Joyce's mood was tired and ___________________.
2. During 1922, Joyce came up with the idea for ____________________.
3. What did Joyce and Nora name their son?
4. What did Joyce and Nora name their new daughter?
5. Who was the owner of the Shakespeare & Co. bookstore?
This section contains 155 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)