|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five: Return to Zurich.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By 1915, how many years had the Joyces spent in Trieste?
2. Lucia was self conscious about an odd squint and __________________.
(a) Crooked teeth.
(b) Lopsided ears.
(c) A long neck.
(d) A scar.
3. Where did Joyce go to further his studies?
4. What did Joyce and Nora name their new daughter?
5. Why did Joyce eventually return home from Paris?
(a) His mother was ill.
(b) He wanted to teach in Ireland.
(c) He wanted to run for public office.
(d) He was homesick.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Lucia supposed to be moved for the duration of the war?
2. What was one of Joyce's two main goals in 1909?
3. Where did Joyce go when there was no position for him in Italy?
4. On what grounds was Joyce refused visas for his family?
5. In 1915, Joyce tried to publish _______________________ as a book rather than in excerpts.
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)