|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five: Return to Zurich.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose husband committed suicide in 1929?
2. Where was Lucia supposed to be moved for the duration of the war?
(a) The countryside.
3. Why did the manager of the school love Joyce?
(a) He took on more responsibilities.
(b) He always worked overtime.
(c) He was very witty.
(d) He brought in wealthy students.
4. Why had Joyce and Nora not yet married?
(a) Nora was not sure she loved him.
(b) Joyce did not want to get married.
(c) They didn't have the money for a wedding.
(d) They wanted to rebel against society.
5. What does Lucia do that prompted the Joyces to finally send Lucia to an asylum?
(a) She threw a chair at her mother.
(b) She boarded herself up in her room.
(c) She ran naked out of the house.
(d) She ate nasturtiums.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the owner of the Shakespeare & Co. bookstore?
2. The Joyces moved in with which family in Trieste?
3. To what work did Joyce devote himself in 1915?
4. What did Joyce spend much of his time doing during this time in Paris?
5. In 1915, Joyce tried to publish _______________________ as a book rather than in excerpts.
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)