|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five: Return to Zurich.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the magazine burned by post office censors for featuring some of Joyce's work?
(a) Little Review.
(c) Ireland Today.
2. In what city did Joyce and Nora marry?
3. From whom does Joyce need permission to leave Paris?
(a) The Prime Minister of Switzerland.
(b) Occupied France.
(c) The head of the Nazi party.
(d) The president of France.
4. In 1915, Joyce tried to publish _______________________ as a book rather than in excerpts.
(a) Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man.
(d) Chamber Music.
5. What pursuit did Giorgio enjoy?
(d) Writing poetry.
Short Answer Questions
1. A man named __________________ wanted to publish FINNEGAN'S WAKE in serial form.
2. Joyce was working on stories that would become which book?
3. During this time Joyce was experiencing bad pains in his ____________________.
4. The author of Joyce's biography allowed Joyce to ________________________.
5. In the United States, ULYSSES is pirated by a man named ____________________.
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)