|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five: Return to Zurich.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of Joyce's siblings worked with him at the school in Trieste?
2. Joyce could not attend school in the city in #25 because the school wants the fees right away and __________________.
(a) His French is not good enough.
(b) He is too young.
(c) He is not a French citizen.
(d) He does not have the academic credits.
3. Lucia was self conscious about an odd squint and __________________.
(a) Crooked teeth.
(b) Lopsided ears.
(c) A long neck.
(d) A scar.
4. What novel did Joyce begin to write in 1904?
(a) Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man.
(b) For Whom the Bell Tolls.
(c) From Here to Eternity.
(d) Cheri and The Last of Cheri.
5. In 1923, Joyce had surgery on his ________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom did the Joyce family share an apartment?
2. Joyce had major health issues with which part of his body?
3. What was the cause of the death of Joyce's brother?
4. What did Joyce do prior to having surgery?
5. Who was Valery Larbaud?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)