|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five: Return to Zurich.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the girl Joyce began to date in 1904?
(a) Siobbhan O'Meara.
(b) Audrey Spenser.
(c) Nora Barnacle.
(d) Laura Morgan.
2. What was the name of the theater that Joyce established?
(a) The Phoenix.
(b) The Standard.
(c) The Volta.
(d) The Guild.
3. Who helped Joyce attain grants during this period?
(a) Emily Dickinson.
(b) Ernest Hemingway.
(c) Edgar Allen Poe.
(d) Ezra Pound.
4. Joyce had major health issues with which part of his body?
5. What preparatory school did Joyce and his younger brother attend?
(b) St. Martin's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What grant did Joyce receive to help support his family?
2. Who became Joyce's unpaid secretary?
3. Where did Joyce think about returning to live?
4. Who was the publisher who took on Ulysses in book form?
5. Joyce could be categorized as ____________________.
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)