|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five: Return to Zurich.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Joyces go at the start of the war?
(b) Monte Carlo.
2. What is ironic about Joyce's denial of visas?
(a) He was not a Communist.
(b) He was not Jewish.
(c) He would have liked to have been a spy.
(d) He detested Nazis.
3. What did Joyce forbid Nora to wear on the trip in #68?
(a) A wedding band.
(b) Diamond earrings.
(c) High heels.
(d) A fur coat.
4. Joyce is a name of ________________ origin.
5. Whose mother died during this time?
Short Answer Questions
1. School records show that Joyce was punished for ______________________.
2. What did Joyce watch approaching with dread?
3. In which Swiss city did the Joyces settle?
4. What was Joyce's typical demeanor while with his children?
5. What was Joyce's actual condition?
This section contains 156 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)