|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five: Return to Zurich.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What grant did Joyce receive that helped the family financially for awhile?
(a) Royal Literature Fund grant.
(b) Irish Republic grant.
(c) Dublin University grant.
(d) Trieste Arts Council grant.
2. Joyce could not attend school in the city in #25 because the school wants the fees right away and __________________.
(a) He is too young.
(b) He does not have the academic credits.
(c) His French is not good enough.
(d) He is not a French citizen.
3. Where did Joyce and Nora live in 1904?
4. In 1915, Joyce tried to publish _______________________ as a book rather than in excerpts.
(a) Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man.
(c) Chamber Music.
5. Who was the main character in the novel in #32?
(a) Stephen Hero.
(b) Michael Collins.
(c) John Paulus.
(d) David Trimble.
Short Answer Questions
1. Prior to the war, many people began to leave ___________________.
2. How many mortgages did Joyce's father have to take out to support his family?
3. In Part 5, Joyce's mood was tired and ___________________.
4. Where did Joyce go to recover for awhile?
5. Who saved Joyce's draft of PORTRAIT OF THE ARTIST AS A YOUNG MAN when he tossed it into the fire?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)