|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five: Return to Zurich.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Prior to the war, many people began to leave ___________________.
(b) New York.
2. Who was the main character in the novel in #32?
(a) John Paulus.
(b) David Trimble.
(c) Michael Collins.
(d) Stephen Hero.
3. The Joyces seemed to always be looking for _________________ in their lives.
(a) Gourmet food.
(b) A new apartment.
(c) Good schools.
(d) Musical instruments.
4. Which writer wrote to Joyce asking for some of Joyce's work to be included in an anthology?
(a) Henry David Thoreau.
(b) Ezra Pound.
(c) William Yeats.
(d) Ernest Hemingway.
5. Where did Joyce go when there was no position for him in Italy?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why had Joyce and Nora not yet married?
2. Why did Joyce consider moving back to the location in #164?
3. On what grounds was Joyce refused visas for his family?
4. What grant did Joyce receive to help support his family?
5. Who was the owner of the Shakespeare & Co. bookstore?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)