|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five: Return to Zurich.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Joyce watch approaching with dread?
(a) The Korean War.
(b) World War I.
(c) The Crimean War.
(d) World War II.
2. What did Ezra Pound send to Joyce in his diminished state?
(a) Used clothes.
3. What is ironic about Joyce's denial of visas?
(a) He was not a Communist.
(b) He was not Jewish.
(c) He detested Nazis.
(d) He would have liked to have been a spy.
4. Who saved Joyce's draft of PORTRAIT OF THE ARTIST AS A YOUNG MAN when he tossed it into the fire?
5. The city in #43 is known for being _____________________.
(a) A poor city.
(b) A cultural center.
(c) An ancient city.
(d) A port city.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Joyce do to earn extra money?
2. What was the profession of the man in #88?
3. Who helped Joyce attain grants during this period?
4. Joyce had physical problems with iritis and _________________.
5. Where did Joyce go to college?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)