|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five: Return to Zurich.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose mother died during this time?
2. What did Joyce and Nora name their new daughter?
3. What was the profession of the man in #88?
4. Joyce's father took special pride in the family's ______________________.
(b) Coat of arms.
(d) Red hair.
5. Who saved Joyce's draft of PORTRAIT OF THE ARTIST AS A YOUNG MAN when he tossed it into the fire?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the magazine burned by post office censors for featuring some of Joyce's work?
2. Which one of Joyce's works appeared in the magazine in #112?
3. By 1918, Giorgio excelled at singing and ________________.
4. What word did the publisher have Joyce remove from DUBLINERS?
5. What was the name of the newspaper Joyce wanted to start?
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)