|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five: Return to Zurich.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Joyce was working on stories that would become which book?
(b) In Flight.
(c) O'My Irish Heritage.
(d) Celtic Calamities.
2. Who was the owner of the Shakespeare & Co. bookstore?
(a) Madeline Krazinski.
(b) Anna Wintour.
(c) Margot Eliot.
(d) Sylvia Beach.
3. Who did Joyce attempt to seduce when Nora was on vacation?
(a) The nanny.
(b) His physician.
(c) The maid.
(d) His attorney.
4. Who was the favorite child in the Joyce family?
5. The author of Joyce's biography allowed Joyce to ________________________.
(a) Work in Joyce's own version of events.
(b) Write most of the book.
(c) Sell advance copies.
(d) Have first right of refusal.
Short Answer Questions
1. The city in #43 is known for being _____________________.
2. In which Swiss city did the Joyces settle?
3. How much money did Mrs. Harold McCormick deposit into Joyce's account?
4. Joyce had physical problems with iritis and _________________.
5. Which surgery did Nora have in 1929?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)