|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: Paris.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helped Joyce attain grants during this period?
(a) Emily Dickinson.
(b) Edgar Allen Poe.
(c) Ernest Hemingway.
(d) Ezra Pound.
2. Which actor in the play in #97 brought a lawsuit against Joyce?
(a) Avery Galloway.
(b) Sean Grady.
(c) Henry Carr.
(d) Harold Morrison.
3. Why did Joyce eventually return home from Paris?
(a) He wanted to teach in Ireland.
(b) He wanted to run for public office.
(c) He was homesick.
(d) His mother was ill.
4. What was Joyce's typical demeanor while with his children?
5. Who did Joyce determine should write his biography?
(a) Ezra Pound.
(b) William Yeats.
(c) Henry Miller.
(d) Herbert Gorman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the owner of the Shakespeare & Co. bookstore?
2. The reactions of Joyce's friends to his first drafts of ULYSSES were ___________________.
3. By 1918, Giorgio excelled at singing and ________________.
4. Where did Joyce consider moving his family when he lost his job in Rome?
5. How many people showed up for the first reading of ULYSSES?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)