|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: Paris.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who saved Joyce's draft of PORTRAIT OF THE ARTIST AS A YOUNG MAN when he tossed it into the fire?
2. In addition to eye problems, Joyce began to suffer with problems with his ___________________.
3. A man named __________________ wanted to publish FINNEGAN'S WAKE in serial form.
4. Which of the following is NOT true about Joyce's younger brother?
(a) He was athletic.
(b) He was artistic.
(c) He was blunt.
(d) He was determined.
5. Lucia was diagnosed as being a/an ____________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Joyce could not attend school in the city in #25 because the school wants the fees right away and __________________.
2. What novel did Joyce begin to write in 1904?
3. Who was the publisher who agreed to print DUBLINERS?
4. Joyce briefly considered a career in _______________.
5. How did Joyce choose to deal with his troubles?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)