|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: Paris.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Joyces seemed to always be looking for _________________ in their lives.
(a) Gourmet food.
(b) Musical instruments.
(c) Good schools.
(d) A new apartment.
2. What was the only play that Joyce ever wrote?
(d) Street Song.
3. Harriet Weaver and Ezra Pound told Joyce that Finnegan's Wake needed more ______________.
4. Joyce could be categorized as ____________________.
(a) A sociopath.
(b) A bohemian.
(c) A philanthropist.
(d) A martyr.
5. Which one of Joyce's siblings worked with him at the school in Trieste?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was NOT true about Joyce in 1929?
2. Which author refused to subscribe to receive a copy of ULYSSES?
3. Who did Joyce attempt to seduce when Nora was on vacation?
4. What did Joyce and Nora name their son?
5. What was Charlotte Sauermann's profession?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)