|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: Paris.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Joyce eventually return home from Paris?
(a) He was homesick.
(b) His mother was ill.
(c) He wanted to teach in Ireland.
(d) He wanted to run for public office.
2. Who was Joyce's boss in the city in #41?
3. What was the cause of the death of Joyce's brother?
(a) Boating accident.
(d) Typhoid Fever.
4. Joyce left Trieste and took a job _________________ in Rome.
(a) At a publishing company.
(b) At a bank.
(c) At a university.
(d) At a restaurant.
5. Where did the Joyces move when World War I broke out?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Joyce transferred when he is forced to leave the position in #41?
2. Joyce's father took special pride in the family's ______________________.
3. Where did Joyce spend much of his time from 1916 to 1918?
4. What did Joyce and Nora name their new daughter?
5. Who was the publisher who took on Ulysses in book form?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)