|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: Paris.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Joyce wrote a review of a play written by _________________ and received a complimentary letter from the playwright himself.
2. During 1922, Joyce came up with the idea for ____________________.
(a) The Remains of the Day.
(b) The Importance of Being Earnest.
(c) Walden Pond.
(d) Finnegan's Wake.
3. Why did the manager of the school love Joyce?
(a) He was very witty.
(b) He always worked overtime.
(c) He brought in wealthy students.
(d) He took on more responsibilities.
4. Joyce searched for job vacancies at ______________________ throughout Europe.
(a) Travel agencies.
(c) Berlitz schools.
5. Joyce had eye surgery in which city?
Short Answer Questions
1. ULYSSES was translated into which language in 1929?
2. Where did Joyce go to college?
3. Where did Joyce and Nora live in 1904?
4. Which of the following is NOT true about Joyce's younger brother?
5. How much money did Mrs. Harold McCormick deposit into Joyce's account?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)