|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: Paris.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the profession of the man in #88?
2. Which of the following was NOT an illness suffered by Joyce?
3. How much money did Mrs. Harold McCormick deposit into Joyce's account?
(a) 7,500 francs.
(b) 12,000 francs.
(c) 100,000 francs.
(d) 1,000 francs.
4. ULYSSES was translated into which language in 1929?
5. Who continued to support Joyce in the 1922-1923 period?
(a) William Yeats.
(b) Oscar Wilde.
(c) Harriet Weaver.
(d) Ezra Pound.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was one of Joyce's two main goals in 1909?
2. From what disease did Joyce's mother die?
3. Who offered Joyce a generous royalty package for the publication of ULYSSES?
4. How many people showed up for the first reading of ULYSSES?
5. In 1915, Joyce tried to publish _______________________ as a book rather than in excerpts.
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)