|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: Paris.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the owner of the Shakespeare & Co. bookstore?
(a) Sylvia Beach.
(b) Anna Wintour.
(c) Margot Eliot.
(d) Madeline Krazinski.
2. Joyce's father took special pride in the family's ______________________.
(b) Coat of arms.
(d) Red hair.
3. Where did the Joyces move when World War I broke out?
4. Who refused to read ULYSSES when it was finally published?
5. Joyce wrote a review of a play written by _________________ and received a complimentary letter from the playwright himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Joyce befriend and join for long walks during this time ?
2. Who was Joyce's father?
3. In what city was Joyce born?
4. Where was Joyce's play, EXILES, first performed?
5. Joyce was assured that he had a job waiting for him in which Italian city?
This section contains 147 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)