|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: Paris.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Joyce's governess?
(a) Mrs. Dante.
(b) Mrs. Heiby.
(c) Mrs. O'Hara.
(d) Mrs. Collins.
2. Which writer wrote to Joyce asking for some of Joyce's work to be included in an anthology?
(a) Ezra Pound.
(b) Henry David Thoreau.
(c) William Yeats.
(d) Ernest Hemingway.
3. Why did Joyce have trouble finding housing in Trieste?
(a) He could not afford the rent.
(b) He and Nora were not married and she was pregnant.
(c) He wanted something close to work.
(d) He wanted a waterfront flat.
4. Which one of Joyce's siblings worked with him at the school in Trieste?
5. Who did Joyce befriend and join for long walks during this time ?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Joyce and Nora name their son?
2. Who continued to support Joyce in the 1922-1923 period?
3. Why did the manager of the school love Joyce?
4. What was Charlotte Sauermann's profession?
5. Why did Joyce's newspaper never take off?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)