|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: Paris.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Joyce left Trieste and took a job _________________ in Rome.
(a) At a bank.
(b) At a publishing company.
(c) At a restaurant.
(d) At a university.
2. Which of the following was NOT one of Joyce's activities in 1904?
3. A man named __________________ wanted to publish FINNEGAN'S WAKE in serial form.
4. Why did printers refuse to publish PORTRAIT OF THE ARTIST AS A YOUNG MAN?
(a) They did not think they could make any money on it.
(b) They would get in trouble with the censors.
(c) It was too large for their facilities.
(d) They thought it was not yet complete.
5. What does Lucia do that prompted the Joyces to finally send Lucia to an asylum?
(a) She ate nasturtiums.
(b) She boarded herself up in her room.
(c) She threw a chair at her mother.
(d) She ran naked out of the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Joyce go when there was no position for him in Italy?
2. What expensive item did Joyce buy for Nora in Galway?
3. Who did Giorgio marry?
4. Who was Joyce's younger brother?
5. By 1915, how many years had the Joyces spent in Trieste?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)