|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: Paris.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lucia do that prompted the Joyces to finally send Lucia to an asylum?
(a) She ate nasturtiums.
(b) She boarded herself up in her room.
(c) She threw a chair at her mother.
(d) She ran naked out of the house.
2. Joyce was assured that he had a job waiting for him in which Italian city?
3. Which book of Joyce's was published in 1907 but for which he received no money?
(c) My Father's Song.
(d) Chamber Music.
4. Who is the girl Joyce began to date in 1904?
(a) Siobbhan O'Meara.
(b) Audrey Spenser.
(c) Laura Morgan.
(d) Nora Barnacle.
5. Who was the neighboring woman with whom Joyce had an affair in 1918?
(a) Martha Fleischmann.
(b) Julia Galloway.
(c) Estelle Grammercy.
(d) Celestine Morrow.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Joyces moved in with which family in Trieste?
2. Why did the manager of the school love Joyce?
3. What did Joyce read to get inspiration for his writing in 1918?
4. What did Joyce and Nora name their son?
5. Which of the following was NOT one of Joyce's activities in 1904?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)