|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: Paris.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Joyce's mother?
2. When was Joyce's birthday?
(a) May 7, 1907.
(b) June 25 1860.
(c) September 15, 1865.
(d) February 2, 1882.
3. Which of the following was NOT true about Joyce in 1929?
(a) He weighed 112 pounds.
(b) He was almost blind.
(c) He had bad teeth.
(d) He was bedridden.
4. Who was the owner of the Shakespeare & Co. bookstore?
(a) Margot Eliot.
(b) Madeline Krazinski.
(c) Sylvia Beach.
(d) Anna Wintour.
5. Who announced his engagement in 1929?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the London acquaintance who helped Joyce search for jobs?
2. Who was the neighboring woman with whom Joyce had an affair in 1918?
3. What grant did Joyce receive that helped the family financially for awhile?
4. In 1923, Joyce had surgery on his ________________.
5. Where did Joyce spend much of his time from 1916 to 1918?
This section contains 158 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)