|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: Paris.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Joyce is a name of ________________ origin.
2. Joyce could be categorized as ____________________.
(a) A sociopath.
(b) A philanthropist.
(c) A bohemian.
(d) A martyr.
3. Who offered Joyce a generous royalty package for the publication of ULYSSES?
(a) Madeline Anderson.
(b) Ava Monroe.
(c) Sylvia Beach.
(d) Emma Galloway.
4. Where was Joyce's play, EXILES, first performed?
5. Joyce left Trieste and took a job _________________ in Rome.
(a) At a bank.
(b) At a publishing company.
(c) At a university.
(d) At a restaurant.
Short Answer Questions
1. By 1915, how many years had the Joyces spent in Trieste?
2. In 1923, Joyce had surgery on his ________________.
3. In what city was Joyce born?
4. Why did printers refuse to publish PORTRAIT OF THE ARTIST AS A YOUNG MAN?
5. Who was the London acquaintance who helped Joyce search for jobs?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)