|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: Paris.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Joyce's governess?
(a) Mrs. O'Hara.
(b) Mrs. Collins.
(c) Mrs. Dante.
(d) Mrs. Heiby.
2. In what year did Joyce marry Nora?
3. What did Joyce and Nora name their new daughter?
4. Which one of Joyce's works appeared in the magazine in #112?
(b) Chamber Music.
(d) Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man.
5. ULYSSES was translated into which language in 1929?
Short Answer Questions
1. Joyce briefly considered a career in _______________.
2. How did Joyce choose to deal with his troubles?
3. What grant did Joyce receive to help support his family?
4. How many children did Joyce's parents have?
5. Why had Joyce and Nora not yet married?
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)