|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: Paris.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which friend of Joyce's helped him produce a play?
2. In 1915, Joyce tried to publish _______________________ as a book rather than in excerpts.
(c) Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man.
(d) Chamber Music.
3. Who offered Joyce a generous royalty package for the publication of ULYSSES?
(a) Emma Galloway.
(b) Ava Monroe.
(c) Sylvia Beach.
(d) Madeline Anderson.
4. Where did Joyce go to further his studies?
5. Who was Joyce's father?
Short Answer Questions
1. By 1915, how many years had the Joyces spent in Trieste?
2. Who saved Joyce's draft of PORTRAIT OF THE ARTIST AS A YOUNG MAN when he tossed it into the fire?
3. Who was Valery Larbaud?
4. Which book of Joyce's was published in 1907 but for which he received no money?
5. Who did Giorgio marry?
This section contains 153 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)