|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: Paris.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did many of Joyce's students pay him but not take lessons?
(a) Just to give him financial support.
(b) Just to satisfy their parents.
(c) Just to please their teachers.
(d) Just as a prank.
2. Where did the Joyces move when World War I broke out?
3. Which one of his works did Joyce work to translate into French in 1920?
(c) Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man.
4. What grant did Joyce receive to help support his family?
(a) Universita Italia grant.
(b) Edinburgh Scholars grant.
(c) Irish Heritage grant.
(d) Civil List grant.
5. Lucia was diagnosed as being a/an ____________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Joyce is a name of ________________ origin.
2. Who was Valery Larbaud?
3. Where did Joyce spend much of his time from 1916 to 1918?
4. Joyce always had a talent for __________________.
5. Where did Joyce go to college?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)