|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: Paris.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was always an important source of inspiration for Joyce's literary works?
2. Joyce wrote a review of a play written by _________________ and received a complimentary letter from the playwright himself.
3. From what disease did Joyce's mother die?
(a) Lead poisoning.
(b) Heart disease.
4. How did Joyce choose to deal with his troubles?
(a) He addressed them directly.
(b) He did drugs.
(c) He drank heavily.
(d) He slept.
5. Joyce always had a talent for __________________.
(b) Playing the violin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Joyces move when World War I broke out?
2. Why did printers refuse to publish PORTRAIT OF THE ARTIST AS A YOUNG MAN?
3. Where was Joyce's play, EXILES, first performed?
4. What grant did Joyce receive to help support his family?
5. What does Lucia do that prompted the Joyces to finally send Lucia to an asylum?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)