|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: Paris.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money did Mrs. Harold McCormick deposit into Joyce's account?
(a) 12,000 francs.
(b) 100,000 francs.
(c) 7,500 francs.
(d) 1,000 francs.
2. Who was Joyce's mother?
3. Lucia was self conscious about an odd squint and __________________.
(a) Lopsided ears.
(b) A long neck.
(c) Crooked teeth.
(d) A scar.
4. Why had Joyce and Nora not yet married?
(a) They didn't have the money for a wedding.
(b) They wanted to rebel against society.
(c) Nora was not sure she loved him.
(d) Joyce did not want to get married.
5. Who announced his engagement in 1929?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Joyce eventually return home from Paris?
2. Why did printers refuse to publish PORTRAIT OF THE ARTIST AS A YOUNG MAN?
3. Joyce was assured that he had a job waiting for him in which Italian city?
4. Who was the publisher who agreed to print DUBLINERS?
5. Who did Joyce befriend and join for long walks during this time ?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)