|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: Paris.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Joyce was assured that he had a job waiting for him in which Italian city?
2. What was the name of the magazine burned by post office censors for featuring some of Joyce's work?
(a) Little Review.
(b) Ireland Today.
3. Which writer wrote to Joyce asking for some of Joyce's work to be included in an anthology?
(a) Ernest Hemingway.
(b) Ezra Pound.
(c) William Yeats.
(d) Henry David Thoreau.
4. What did Joyce and Nora name their new daughter?
5. With whom did the Joyce family share an apartment?
(a) Philipp Janach.
(b) Edward Sloane.
(c) Steven Donnely.
(d) Marcus Garibaldi.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Giorgio marry?
2. How many mortgages did Joyce's father have to take out to support his family?
3. Who was the owner of the Shakespeare & Co. bookstore?
4. What play did Joyce produce?
5. What does Lucia do that prompted the Joyces to finally send Lucia to an asylum?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)