|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: Paris.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the only play that Joyce ever wrote?
(a) Street Song.
2. Who was the publisher who agreed to print DUBLINERS?
(a) Morris Stanton.
(b) Grant Richard.
(c) Patrick Shannon.
(d) Edward Sloane.
3. How many mortgages did Joyce's father have to take out to support his family?
4. Who was the London acquaintance who helped Joyce search for jobs?
(a) Miss Gilfrod.
(b) Miss Galloway.
(c) Miss Sloane.
(d) Miss O'Hara.
5. In 1915, Joyce tried to publish _______________________ as a book rather than in excerpts.
(a) Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man.
(b) Chamber Music.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion did the Joyce family practice?
2. Whose husband committed suicide in 1929?
3. A man named __________________ wanted to publish FINNEGAN'S WAKE in serial form.
4. School records show that Joyce was punished for ______________________.
5. Who was Joyce's father?
This section contains 145 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)