|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: Paris.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the magazine burned by post office censors for featuring some of Joyce's work?
(b) Little Review.
(c) Ireland Today.
2. Where was Joyce's play, EXILES, first performed?
3. In what city was Joyce born?
4. What did Joyce do to earn extra money?
(a) Sold men's clothes.
(b) Taught English.
(c) Drove a cab.
(d) Cooked at a diner.
5. Which of the following was NOT one of Joyce's activities in 1904?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Joyce's younger brother?
2. Where did Joyce consider moving his family when he lost his job in Rome?
3. How much money did Mrs. Harold McCormick deposit into Joyce's account?
4. Which book of Joyce's was published in 1907 but for which he received no money?
5. Which actor in the play in #97 brought a lawsuit against Joyce?
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)