|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: Paris.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language did the Joyces speak among themselves?
2. Who did Joyce determine should write his biography?
(a) Herbert Gorman.
(b) William Yeats.
(c) Henry Miller.
(d) Ezra Pound.
3. What did Joyce forbid Nora to wear on the trip in #68?
(a) A fur coat.
(b) Diamond earrings.
(c) A wedding band.
(d) High heels.
4. In what year did Joyce marry Nora?
5. Which noted psychiatrist wrote a disparaging letter to Joyce?
(a) Alfred Adler.
(b) Carl Jung.
(c) Sigmund Freud.
(d) David A. Halperin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the owner of the Shakespeare & Co. bookstore?
2. What did Joyce consider to be life's most important relationship?
3. What was the name of the magazine burned by post office censors for featuring some of Joyce's work?
4. Which author refused to subscribe to receive a copy of ULYSSES?
5. In what city did Joyce and Nora marry?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)