|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: Paris.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Joyce's father took special pride in the family's ______________________.
(b) Red hair.
(d) Coat of arms.
2. Who was Joyce's governess?
(a) Mrs. Heiby.
(b) Mrs. Collins.
(c) Mrs. Dante.
(d) Mrs. O'Hara.
3. Where was Joyce's play, EXILES, first performed?
4. Which of the following was NOT one of Joyce's activities in 1904?
5. What was the name of the newspaper Joyce wanted to start?
(a) The Shamrock.
(b) The Dubliner.
(c) The Standard.
(d) The Goblin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the publisher who took on Ulysses in book form?
2. Who became Joyce's unpaid secretary?
3. Which one of his works did Joyce work to translate into French in 1920?
4. Who saved Joyce's draft of PORTRAIT OF THE ARTIST AS A YOUNG MAN when he tossed it into the fire?
5. What language did the Joyces speak among themselves?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)