|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: Paris.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1923, Joyce had surgery on his ________________.
2. Which of Joyce's brothers died young?
3. What novel did Joyce begin to write in 1904?
(a) Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man.
(b) From Here to Eternity.
(c) For Whom the Bell Tolls.
(d) Cheri and The Last of Cheri.
4. Who did Joyce attempt to seduce when Nora was on vacation?
(a) The nanny.
(b) His physician.
(c) The maid.
(d) His attorney.
5. Which surgery did Nora have in 1929?
(b) Gallbladder removal.
(d) Knee repair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Joyce had physical problems with iritis and _________________.
2. What was the only play that Joyce ever wrote?
3. What religion did the Joyce family practice?
4. Joyce had major health issues with which part of his body?
5. Where did the Joyces move when World War I broke out?
This section contains 149 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)