|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: Paris.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1923, Joyce had surgery on his ________________.
2. What function did Nora have in one of Joyce's dramatic productions?
3. Who helped Joyce attain grants during this period?
(a) Edgar Allen Poe.
(b) Ezra Pound.
(c) Ernest Hemingway.
(d) Emily Dickinson.
4. What novel did Joyce begin to write in 1904?
(a) Cheri and The Last of Cheri.
(b) Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man.
(c) From Here to Eternity.
(d) For Whom the Bell Tolls.
5. Who announced his engagement in 1929?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the newspaper Joyce wanted to start?
2. Which of Joyce's brothers died young?
3. What did Joyce forbid Nora to wear on the trip in #68?
4. Which friend did Joyce make in college who remained a good friend for many years?
5. Which writer wrote to Joyce asking for some of Joyce's work to be included in an anthology?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)