|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: Paris.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religion did the Joyce family practice?
2. Who was Joyce's mother?
3. Where did Joyce spend much of his time from 1916 to 1918?
(a) Cafes and clubs.
(c) The seaside.
4. The reactions of Joyce's friends to his first drafts of ULYSSES were ___________________.
5. What expensive item did Joyce buy for Nora in Galway?
(b) Fur coat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Joyce's boss in the city in #41?
2. What word did the publisher have Joyce remove from DUBLINERS?
3. Who helped Joyce attain grants during this period?
4. What was Joyce's favorite alcoholic beverage?
5. Lucia was diagnosed as being a/an ____________________.
This section contains 131 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)