|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: Paris.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT true about Joyce's younger brother?
(a) He was blunt.
(b) He was athletic.
(c) He was determined.
(d) He was artistic.
2. What expensive item did Joyce buy for Nora in Galway?
(d) Fur coat.
3. Which of the following was NOT true about Joyce as a child?
(a) He was well-behaved.
(b) He was sullen.
(c) He was self-sufficient.
(d) He was nearsighted.
4. Who did Joyce determine should write his biography?
(a) William Yeats.
(b) Herbert Gorman.
(c) Ezra Pound.
(d) Henry Miller.
5. Which of the following was NOT an illness suffered by Joyce?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offered Joyce a generous royalty package for the publication of ULYSSES?
2. Who was the main character in Joyce's ULYSSES?
3. When was Joyce's birthday?
4. What does Lucia do that prompted the Joyces to finally send Lucia to an asylum?
5. A man named __________________ wanted to publish FINNEGAN'S WAKE in serial form.
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)