|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: Paris.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job did Joyce do when the family returned to Trieste in 1919?
2. What play did Joyce produce?
(a) Little Women.
(b) The Importance of Being Earnest.
3. Which author refused to subscribe to receive a copy of ULYSSES?
(a) Henry David Thoreau.
(b) Ezra Pound.
(c) William Yeats.
(d) George Bernard Shaw.
4. Which actor in the play in #97 brought a lawsuit against Joyce?
(a) Harold Morrison.
(b) Sean Grady.
(c) Avery Galloway.
(d) Henry Carr.
5. Joyce could not attend school in the city in #25 because the school wants the fees right away and __________________.
(a) His French is not good enough.
(b) He is not a French citizen.
(c) He does not have the academic credits.
(d) He is too young.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Joyce go to further his studies?
2. Joyce searched for job vacancies at ______________________ throughout Europe.
3. What word did the publisher have Joyce remove from DUBLINERS?
4. Who is the girl Joyce began to date in 1904?
5. In what city did Joyce and Nora marry?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)