|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: Paris.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1923, Joyce had surgery on his ________________.
2. Joyce could not attend school in the city in #25 because the school wants the fees right away and __________________.
(a) He does not have the academic credits.
(b) He is too young.
(c) His French is not good enough.
(d) He is not a French citizen.
3. Why had Joyce and Nora not yet married?
(a) They wanted to rebel against society.
(b) Nora was not sure she loved him.
(c) They didn't have the money for a wedding.
(d) Joyce did not want to get married.
4. Harriet Weaver and Ezra Pound told Joyce that Finnegan's Wake needed more ______________.
5. Where did Joyce go when there was no position for him in Italy?
Short Answer Questions
1. Joyce's father took special pride in the family's ______________________.
2. Which one of Joyce's siblings worked with him at the school in Trieste?
3. Which actor in the play in #97 brought a lawsuit against Joyce?
4. The Joyces moved in with which family in Trieste?
5. Who was the favorite child in the Joyce family?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)