|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: Paris.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Joyce have trouble finding housing in Trieste?
(a) He and Nora were not married and she was pregnant.
(b) He wanted a waterfront flat.
(c) He could not afford the rent.
(d) He wanted something close to work.
2. Which one of Joyce's siblings worked with him at the school in Trieste?
3. Why did many of Joyce's students pay him but not take lessons?
(a) Just as a prank.
(b) Just to satisfy their parents.
(c) Just to please their teachers.
(d) Just to give him financial support.
4. Where did Joyce and Nora live in 1904?
5. Where is Joyce transferred when he is forced to leave the position in #41?
(b) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the favorite child in the Joyce family?
2. During 1922, Joyce came up with the idea for ____________________.
3. Who saved Joyce's draft of PORTRAIT OF THE ARTIST AS A YOUNG MAN when he tossed it into the fire?
4. What did Giorgio name his son?
5. By 1915, how many years had the Joyces spent in Trieste?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)