|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: Paris.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. School records show that Joyce was punished for ______________________.
(a) Being late.
(c) Vulgar language.
2. Joyce left Trieste and took a job _________________ in Rome.
(a) At a restaurant.
(b) At a publishing company.
(c) At a university.
(d) At a bank.
3. Which of the following was NOT true about Joyce in 1929?
(a) He was almost blind.
(b) He weighed 112 pounds.
(c) He was bedridden.
(d) He had bad teeth.
4. Which writer wrote to Joyce asking for some of Joyce's work to be included in an anthology?
(a) Ernest Hemingway.
(b) William Yeats.
(c) Henry David Thoreau.
(d) Ezra Pound.
5. Joyce briefly considered a career in _______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which surgery did Nora have in 1929?
2. What function did Nora have in one of Joyce's dramatic productions?
3. Which actor in the play in #97 brought a lawsuit against Joyce?
4. In addition to eye problems, Joyce began to suffer with problems with his ___________________.
5. Who helped Joyce attain grants during this period?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)