|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: Zurich.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The city in #43 is known for being _____________________.
(a) An ancient city.
(b) A port city.
(c) A cultural center.
(d) A poor city.
2. How many mortgages did Joyce's father have to take out to support his family?
3. What issue still continued to haunt Joyce in 1915?
(a) Health problems.
(b) Legal problems.
(c) Relationship problems.
(d) Financial problems.
4. Who was the main character in Joyce's ULYSSES?
(a) Barry Connely.
(b) Peter Gallagher.
(c) Leopold Bloom.
(d) Harold Sloane.
5. Who was the publisher who took on Ulysses in book form?
(a) Harriet Weaver.
(b) Cynthia Sloane.
(c) David McGuire.
(d) Margaret Howth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Joyce and Nora live in 1904?
2. Why did Joyce eventually return home from Paris?
3. Joyce had eye surgery in which city?
4. What language did the Joyces speak among themselves?
5. Joyce had major health issues with which part of his body?
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)