|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: Zurich.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money did Mrs. Harold McCormick deposit into Joyce's account?
(a) 7,500 francs.
(b) 12,000 francs.
(c) 100,000 francs.
(d) 1,000 francs.
2. Who was the neighboring woman with whom Joyce had an affair in 1918?
(a) Estelle Grammercy.
(b) Celestine Morrow.
(c) Martha Fleischmann.
(d) Julia Galloway.
3. Who was the favorite child in the Joyce family?
4. Why did Joyce's newspaper never take off?
(a) He couldn't get funding.
(b) His father died.
(c) He got ill.
(d) He left for Vienna.
5. Who was the London acquaintance who helped Joyce search for jobs?
(a) Miss Galloway.
(b) Miss Gilfrod.
(c) Miss O'Hara.
(d) Miss Sloane.
Short Answer Questions
1. The reactions of Joyce's friends to his first drafts of ULYSSES were ___________________.
2. What function did Nora have in one of Joyce's dramatic productions?
3. Joyce left Trieste and took a job _________________ in Rome.
4. Joyce's father took special pride in the family's ______________________.
5. What novel did Joyce begin to write in 1904?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)