|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: Zurich.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which friend of Joyce's helped him produce a play?
2. Which actor in the play in #97 brought a lawsuit against Joyce?
(a) Henry Carr.
(b) Avery Galloway.
(c) Harold Morrison.
(d) Sean Grady.
3. What grant did Joyce receive to help support his family?
(a) Universita Italia grant.
(b) Irish Heritage grant.
(c) Civil List grant.
(d) Edinburgh Scholars grant.
4. Which book of Joyce's was published in 1907 but for which he received no money?
(b) Chamber Music.
(c) My Father's Song.
5. Who was the London acquaintance who helped Joyce search for jobs?
(a) Miss Gilfrod.
(b) Miss O'Hara.
(c) Miss Galloway.
(d) Miss Sloane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the newspaper Joyce wanted to start?
2. Joyce had major health issues with which part of his body?
3. Who is the girl Joyce began to date in 1904?
4. To what work did Joyce devote himself in 1915?
5. Joyce could not attend school in the city in #25 because the school wants the fees right away and __________________.
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)