|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: Zurich.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word did the publisher have Joyce remove from DUBLINERS?
2. Who is the girl Joyce began to date in 1904?
(a) Laura Morgan.
(b) Nora Barnacle.
(c) Siobbhan O'Meara.
(d) Audrey Spenser.
3. What was one of Joyce's two main goals in 1909?
(a) To visit Russia.
(b) To learn how to sail.
(c) To travel the world.
(d) To become a professor.
4. Who helped Joyce attain grants during this period?
(a) Emily Dickinson.
(b) Edgar Allen Poe.
(c) Ezra Pound.
(d) Ernest Hemingway.
5. Joyce had major health issues with which part of his body?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sent the Joyces some money to help them for a bit?
2. Why did printers refuse to publish PORTRAIT OF THE ARTIST AS A YOUNG MAN?
3. How did Joyce feel about Zurich in 1915?
4. Who was Joyce's mother?
5. Where did Joyce and Nora live in 1904?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)