|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: Zurich.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Joyce choose to deal with his troubles?
(a) He did drugs.
(b) He slept.
(c) He addressed them directly.
(d) He drank heavily.
2. Joyce's father took special pride in the family's ______________________.
(a) Red hair.
(c) Coat of arms.
3. Joyce was working on stories that would become which book?
(b) Celtic Calamities.
(c) In Flight.
(d) O'My Irish Heritage.
4. Joyce always had a talent for __________________.
(c) Playing the violin.
5. The city in #43 is known for being _____________________.
(a) A poor city.
(b) A cultural center.
(c) An ancient city.
(d) A port city.
Short Answer Questions
1. The reactions of Joyce's friends to his first drafts of ULYSSES were ___________________.
2. Where did Joyce spend much of his time from 1916 to 1918?
3. To what work did Joyce devote himself in 1915?
4. What grant did Joyce receive to help support his family?
5. What word did the publisher have Joyce remove from DUBLINERS?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)