|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: Zurich.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1915, Joyce tried to publish _______________________ as a book rather than in excerpts.
(a) Chamber Music.
(b) Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man.
2. Who was Joyce's younger brother?
3. What expensive item did Joyce buy for Nora in Galway?
(b) Fur coat.
4. Where did Joyce go to college?
(a) University College.
(b) Oxford University.
(c) Griffith College.
(d) Trinity College.
5. How much money did Mrs. Harold McCormick deposit into Joyce's account?
(a) 1,000 francs.
(b) 12,000 francs.
(c) 7,500 francs.
(d) 100,000 francs.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Joyce's birthday?
2. Who was the London acquaintance who helped Joyce search for jobs?
3. Where did the Joyces move when World War I broke out?
4. Joyce wrote a review of a play written by _________________ and received a complimentary letter from the playwright himself.
5. Where is Joyce transferred when he is forced to leave the position in #41?
This section contains 159 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)