|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: Zurich.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Joyce's boss in the city in #41?
2. Why did the manager of the school love Joyce?
(a) He always worked overtime.
(b) He brought in wealthy students.
(c) He was very witty.
(d) He took on more responsibilities.
3. Why did Joyce's newspaper never take off?
(a) He got ill.
(b) He left for Vienna.
(c) His father died.
(d) He couldn't get funding.
4. With whom did the Joyce family share an apartment?
(a) Marcus Garibaldi.
(b) Edward Sloane.
(c) Philipp Janach.
(d) Steven Donnely.
5. Joyce had a falling out with his old friend and replaced him with ____________________.
(a) Marcus Jameson.
(b) Oliver Gogarty.
(c) Miguel Ramirez.
(d) Patrick Connelly.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Joyce feel about Zurich in 1915?
2. Why did Joyce eventually return home from Paris?
3. How much money did Mrs. Harold McCormick deposit into Joyce's account?
4. By 1915, how many years had the Joyces spent in Trieste?
5. Who was the neighboring woman with whom Joyce had an affair in 1918?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)