|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: Zurich.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language did the Joyces speak among themselves?
2. What play did Joyce produce?
(a) The Importance of Being Earnest.
(b) Little Women.
3. Who was the publisher who agreed to print DUBLINERS?
(a) Patrick Shannon.
(b) Grant Richard.
(c) Edward Sloane.
(d) Morris Stanton.
4. From what disease did Joyce's mother die?
(a) Lead poisoning.
(d) Heart disease.
5. Which friend did Joyce make in college who remained a good friend for many years?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what work did Joyce devote himself in 1915?
2. What was Charlotte Sauermann's profession?
3. What did Joyce read to get inspiration for his writing in 1918?
4. Joyce left Trieste and took a job _________________ in Rome.
5. School records show that Joyce was punished for ______________________.
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)