|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: Zurich.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the London acquaintance who helped Joyce search for jobs?
(a) Miss Gilfrod.
(b) Miss O'Hara.
(c) Miss Galloway.
(d) Miss Sloane.
2. In 1912 Joyce sent Nora and Lucia on a trip to __________________.
3. What did Joyce consider to be life's most important relationship?
(a) Between mother and child.
(b) Between brothers.
(c) Between husband and wife.
(d) Between father and son.
4. Joyce briefly considered a career in _______________.
5. What grant did Joyce receive that helped the family financially for awhile?
(a) Dublin University grant.
(b) Royal Literature Fund grant.
(c) Trieste Arts Council grant.
(d) Irish Republic grant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Joyce's boss in the city in #41?
2. Which friend did Joyce make in college who remained a good friend for many years?
3. Who was the publisher who took on Ulysses in book form?
4. Joyce could be categorized as ____________________.
5. Where is Joyce transferred when he is forced to leave the position in #41?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)