|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: Zurich.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did many of Joyce's students pay him but not take lessons?
(a) Just to please their teachers.
(b) Just to give him financial support.
(c) Just as a prank.
(d) Just to satisfy their parents.
2. What novel did Joyce begin to write in 1904?
(a) For Whom the Bell Tolls.
(b) From Here to Eternity.
(c) Cheri and The Last of Cheri.
(d) Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man.
3. What was the name of the newspaper Joyce wanted to start?
(a) The Dubliner.
(b) The Goblin.
(c) The Shamrock.
(d) The Standard.
4. Where did Joyce go to college?
(a) University College.
(b) Oxford University.
(c) Trinity College.
(d) Griffith College.
5. Who was Joyce's mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. Joyce had eye surgery in which city?
2. By 1918, Giorgio excelled at singing and ________________.
3. The reactions of Joyce's friends to his first drafts of ULYSSES were ___________________.
4. Where did the Joyces move when World War I broke out?
5. In 1912 Joyce sent Nora and Lucia on a trip to __________________.
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)