|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: Zurich.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sent the Joyces some money to help them for a bit?
(a) Joyce's uncle.
(b) Nora's sister.
(c) Nora's uncle.
(d) Joyce's father.
2. What was the name of the theater that Joyce established?
(a) The Guild.
(b) The Volta.
(c) The Phoenix.
(d) The Standard.
3. Who was the publisher who agreed to print DUBLINERS?
(a) Morris Stanton.
(b) Patrick Shannon.
(c) Grant Richard.
(d) Edward Sloane.
4. Why did Joyce eventually return home from Paris?
(a) He wanted to teach in Ireland.
(b) His mother was ill.
(c) He was homesick.
(d) He wanted to run for public office.
5. Why had Joyce and Nora not yet married?
(a) They didn't have the money for a wedding.
(b) They wanted to rebel against society.
(c) Joyce did not want to get married.
(d) Nora was not sure she loved him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Joyce was assured that he had a job waiting for him in which Italian city?
2. By 1915, how many years had the Joyces spent in Trieste?
3. What was one of Joyce's two main goals in 1909?
4. With whom did the Joyce family share an apartment?
5. The city in #43 is known for being _____________________.
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)