|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: Zurich.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What novel did Joyce begin to write in 1904?
(a) Cheri and The Last of Cheri.
(b) From Here to Eternity.
(c) Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man.
(d) For Whom the Bell Tolls.
2. What issue still continued to haunt Joyce in 1915?
(a) Legal problems.
(b) Health problems.
(c) Financial problems.
(d) Relationship problems.
3. Where did Joyce go to further his studies?
4. Where did Joyce go when there was no position for him in Italy?
5. Joyce briefly considered a career in _______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which writer wrote to Joyce asking for some of Joyce's work to be included in an anthology?
2. Why did Joyce's newspaper never take off?
3. What did Joyce do to earn extra money?
4. Who was the neighboring woman with whom Joyce had an affair in 1918?
5. What grant did Joyce receive to help support his family?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)