|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: Zurich.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Joyce wrote a review of a play written by _________________ and received a complimentary letter from the playwright himself.
2. To what work did Joyce devote himself in 1915?
(c) Chamber Music.
(d) Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man.
3. What was the profession of the man in #88?
4. Who was the London acquaintance who helped Joyce search for jobs?
(a) Miss Galloway.
(b) Miss Sloane.
(c) Miss O'Hara.
(d) Miss Gilfrod.
5. Joyce had physical problems with iritis and _________________.
(c) Heart palpitations.
Short Answer Questions
1. Joyce could be categorized as ____________________.
2. What novel did Joyce begin to write in 1904?
3. The city in #43 is known for being _____________________.
4. Which of the following was NOT one of Joyce's activities in 1904?
5. Which writer wrote to Joyce asking for some of Joyce's work to be included in an anthology?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)