|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: Zurich.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the cause of the death of Joyce's brother?
(a) Typhoid Fever.
(b) Boating accident.
2. Joyce had major health issues with which part of his body?
3. What was the name of the theater that Joyce established?
(a) The Phoenix.
(b) The Standard.
(c) The Volta.
(d) The Guild.
4. Why did Joyce have trouble finding housing in Trieste?
(a) He wanted something close to work.
(b) He could not afford the rent.
(c) He wanted a waterfront flat.
(d) He and Nora were not married and she was pregnant.
5. To what work did Joyce devote himself in 1915?
(b) Chamber Music.
(c) Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word did the publisher have Joyce remove from DUBLINERS?
2. What preparatory school did Joyce and his younger brother attend?
3. What was Charlotte Sauermann's profession?
4. How many children did Joyce's parents have?
5. Who did Joyce befriend and join for long walks during this time ?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)