|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: Zurich.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the neighboring woman with whom Joyce had an affair in 1918?
(a) Martha Fleischmann.
(b) Julia Galloway.
(c) Estelle Grammercy.
(d) Celestine Morrow.
2. Who did Joyce attempt to seduce when Nora was on vacation?
(a) His attorney.
(b) His physician.
(c) The maid.
(d) The nanny.
3. Who helped Joyce attain grants during this period?
(a) Emily Dickinson.
(b) Ernest Hemingway.
(c) Ezra Pound.
(d) Edgar Allen Poe.
4. What did Joyce forbid Nora to wear on the trip in #68?
(a) A fur coat.
(b) Diamond earrings.
(c) A wedding band.
(d) High heels.
5. By 1915, how many years had the Joyces spent in Trieste?
Short Answer Questions
1. Joyce always had a talent for __________________.
2. Who is the girl Joyce began to date in 1904?
3. Where did Joyce consider moving his family when he lost his job in Rome?
4. What job did Joyce do when the family returned to Trieste in 1919?
5. Who was Joyce's governess?
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)