|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: Zurich.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Joyces move when World War I broke out?
2. To what work did Joyce devote himself in 1915?
(a) Chamber Music.
(b) Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man.
3. School records show that Joyce was punished for ______________________.
(a) Vulgar language.
(d) Being late.
4. Who was Joyce's boss in the city in #41?
5. How did Joyce choose to deal with his troubles?
(a) He did drugs.
(b) He drank heavily.
(c) He slept.
(d) He addressed them directly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helped Joyce attain grants during this period?
2. Which of the following was NOT one of Joyce's activities in 1904?
3. Who was the neighboring woman with whom Joyce had an affair in 1918?
4. What issue still continued to haunt Joyce in 1915?
5. The reactions of Joyce's friends to his first drafts of ULYSSES were ___________________.
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)