|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Pola, Rome, Trieste.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What novel did Joyce begin to write in 1904?
(a) Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man.
(b) For Whom the Bell Tolls.
(c) Cheri and The Last of Cheri.
(d) From Here to Eternity.
2. Where did Joyce go to college?
(a) University College.
(b) Trinity College.
(c) Griffith College.
(d) Oxford University.
3. What word did the publisher have Joyce remove from DUBLINERS?
4. How many mortgages did Joyce's father have to take out to support his family?
5. What preparatory school did Joyce and his younger brother attend?
(b) St. Martin's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Joyce go to further his studies?
2. The city in #43 is known for being _____________________.
3. Where did the Joyces move when World War I broke out?
4. Why had Joyce and Nora not yet married?
5. Who was the favorite child in the Joyce family?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)