|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Pola, Rome, Trieste.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Joyce go when there was no position for him in Italy?
2. What did Joyce and Nora name their son?
3. What was the name of the newspaper Joyce wanted to start?
(a) The Goblin.
(b) The Dubliner.
(c) The Shamrock.
(d) The Standard.
4. Which writer began to help Joyce with publishing his work?
5. The city in #43 is known for being _____________________.
(a) A cultural center.
(b) A port city.
(c) A poor city.
(d) An ancient city.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many mortgages did Joyce's father have to take out to support his family?
2. What novel did Joyce begin to write in 1904?
3. What was one of Joyce's two main goals in 1909?
4. School records show that Joyce was punished for ______________________.
5. From what disease did Joyce's mother die?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)