|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Pola, Rome, Trieste.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was NOT one of Joyce's activities in 1904?
2. Who was the publisher who agreed to print DUBLINERS?
(a) Edward Sloane.
(b) Patrick Shannon.
(c) Grant Richard.
(d) Morris Stanton.
3. Which of the following is NOT true about Joyce's younger brother?
(a) He was determined.
(b) He was artistic.
(c) He was blunt.
(d) He was athletic.
4. The Joyces moved in with which family in Trieste?
5. Where did Joyce go to college?
(a) Oxford University.
(b) Trinity College.
(c) Griffith College.
(d) University College.
Short Answer Questions
1. Joyce searched for job vacancies at ______________________ throughout Europe.
2. Which writer began to help Joyce with publishing his work?
3. Who saved Joyce's draft of PORTRAIT OF THE ARTIST AS A YOUNG MAN when he tossed it into the fire?
4. Who was the main character in the novel in #32?
5. Which of Joyce's sisters came to live with him in Trieste?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)