|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Pola, Rome, Trieste.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Joyce do to earn extra money?
(a) Taught English.
(b) Cooked at a diner.
(c) Sold men's clothes.
(d) Drove a cab.
2. Which writer began to help Joyce with publishing his work?
3. In what city was Joyce born?
4. Which of Joyce's sisters came to live with him in Trieste?
5. Joyce's father took special pride in the family's ______________________.
(b) Red hair.
(c) Coat of arms.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Joyce's governess?
2. Where did Joyce consider moving his family when he lost his job in Rome?
3. School records show that Joyce was punished for ______________________.
4. Which of the following was NOT one of Joyce's activities in 1904?
5. Where did Joyce go to college?
This section contains 148 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)