|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Pola, Rome, Trieste.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What novel did Joyce begin to write in 1904?
(a) Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man.
(b) For Whom the Bell Tolls.
(c) From Here to Eternity.
(d) Cheri and The Last of Cheri.
2. What religion did the Joyce family practice?
3. Joyce searched for job vacancies at ______________________ throughout Europe.
(c) Travel agencies.
(d) Berlitz schools.
4. Who was the favorite child in the Joyce family?
5. Which friend did Joyce make in college who remained a good friend for many years?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which writer wrote to Joyce asking for some of Joyce's work to be included in an anthology?
2. Who was the main character in the novel in #32?
3. What did Joyce and Nora name their son?
4. What was the name of the newspaper Joyce wanted to start?
5. Where is Joyce transferred when he is forced to leave the position in #41?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)