|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Pola, Rome, Trieste.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Joyce's younger brother?
2. Which of the following is NOT true about Joyce's younger brother?
(a) He was artistic.
(b) He was athletic.
(c) He was determined.
(d) He was blunt.
3. What was always an important source of inspiration for Joyce's literary works?
4. Joyce's father took special pride in the family's ______________________.
(b) Coat of arms.
(c) Red hair.
5. Joyce could not attend school in the city in #25 because the school wants the fees right away and __________________.
(a) His French is not good enough.
(b) He is too young.
(c) He does not have the academic credits.
(d) He is not a French citizen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Joyce consider to be life's most important relationship?
2. In what city was Joyce born?
3. Joyce had physical problems with iritis and _________________.
4. The Joyces moved in with which family in Trieste?
5. Joyce wrote a review of a play written by _________________ and received a complimentary letter from the playwright himself.
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)