|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Pola, Rome, Trieste.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Joyce's sisters came to live with him in Trieste?
2. Why did Joyce's newspaper never take off?
(a) He couldn't get funding.
(b) He got ill.
(c) His father died.
(d) He left for Vienna.
3. Where did Joyce and Nora live in 1904?
4. Who was Joyce's mother?
5. Who was the main character in the novel in #32?
(a) John Paulus.
(b) David Trimble.
(c) Michael Collins.
(d) Stephen Hero.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the theater that Joyce established?
2. Who was the London acquaintance who helped Joyce search for jobs?
3. Why did the manager of the school love Joyce?
4. Where did Joyce consider moving his family when he lost his job in Rome?
5. Joyce was working on stories that would become which book?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)