|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Pola, Rome, Trieste.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was always an important source of inspiration for Joyce's literary works?
2. What did Joyce do to earn extra money?
(a) Sold men's clothes.
(b) Taught English.
(c) Cooked at a diner.
(d) Drove a cab.
3. How many children did Joyce's parents have?
4. Which writer wrote to Joyce asking for some of Joyce's work to be included in an anthology?
(a) William Yeats.
(b) Ernest Hemingway.
(c) Ezra Pound.
(d) Henry David Thoreau.
5. Who is the girl Joyce began to date in 1904?
(a) Audrey Spenser.
(b) Laura Morgan.
(c) Nora Barnacle.
(d) Siobbhan O'Meara.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Joyce go to college?
2. Which one of Joyce's siblings worked with him at the school in Trieste?
3. Who was Joyce's father?
4. The Joyces moved in with which family in Trieste?
5. What did Joyce and Nora name their new daughter?
This section contains 151 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)