|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Pola, Rome, Trieste.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Joyce wrote a review of a play written by _________________ and received a complimentary letter from the playwright himself.
2. Joyce left Trieste and took a job _________________ in Rome.
(a) At a university.
(b) At a publishing company.
(c) At a bank.
(d) At a restaurant.
3. What was the name of the theater that Joyce established?
(a) The Standard.
(b) The Volta.
(c) The Guild.
(d) The Phoenix.
4. Where did Joyce consider moving his family when he lost his job in Rome?
(c) Monte Carlo.
5. What did Joyce do to earn extra money?
(a) Sold men's clothes.
(b) Cooked at a diner.
(c) Drove a cab.
(d) Taught English.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Joyce eventually return home from Paris?
2. Where is Joyce transferred when he is forced to leave the position in #41?
3. Joyce was assured that he had a job waiting for him in which Italian city?
4. What religion did the Joyce family practice?
5. What novel did Joyce begin to write in 1904?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)