|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Pola, Rome, Trieste.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the publisher who agreed to print DUBLINERS?
(a) Grant Richard.
(b) Morris Stanton.
(c) Edward Sloane.
(d) Patrick Shannon.
2. Which writer wrote to Joyce asking for some of Joyce's work to be included in an anthology?
(a) Ezra Pound.
(b) William Yeats.
(c) Henry David Thoreau.
(d) Ernest Hemingway.
3. Joyce wrote a review of a play written by _________________ and received a complimentary letter from the playwright himself.
4. What was the name of the newspaper Joyce wanted to start?
(a) The Dubliner.
(b) The Standard.
(c) The Goblin.
(d) The Shamrock.
5. Which one of Joyce's siblings worked with him at the school in Trieste?
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion did the Joyce family practice?
2. What word did the publisher have Joyce remove from DUBLINERS?
3. What was one of Joyce's two main goals in 1909?
4. Joyce's father took special pride in the family's ______________________.
5. Who was the main character in Joyce's ULYSSES?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)