|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Pola, Rome, Trieste.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1912 Joyce sent Nora and Lucia on a trip to __________________.
2. The city in #43 is known for being _____________________.
(a) An ancient city.
(b) A poor city.
(c) A cultural center.
(d) A port city.
3. Joyce briefly considered a career in _______________.
4. Why did Joyce eventually return home from Paris?
(a) His mother was ill.
(b) He wanted to run for public office.
(c) He wanted to teach in Ireland.
(d) He was homesick.
5. How many mortgages did Joyce's father have to take out to support his family?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was NOT one of Joyce's activities in 1904?
2. What novel did Joyce begin to write in 1904?
3. Joyce left Trieste and took a job _________________ in Rome.
4. Who was the London acquaintance who helped Joyce search for jobs?
5. Which one of Joyce's siblings worked with him at the school in Trieste?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)