|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Pola, Rome, Trieste.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Joyce and Nora name their son?
2. Which of Joyce's brothers died young?
3. What was the name of the newspaper Joyce wanted to start?
(a) The Goblin.
(b) The Shamrock.
(c) The Standard.
(d) The Dubliner.
4. Joyce had a falling out with his old friend and replaced him with ____________________.
(a) Miguel Ramirez.
(b) Marcus Jameson.
(c) Patrick Connelly.
(d) Oliver Gogarty.
5. What expensive item did Joyce buy for Nora in Galway?
(c) Fur coat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word did the publisher have Joyce remove from DUBLINERS?
2. In what city was Joyce born?
3. The Joyces moved in with which family in Trieste?
4. Which of Joyce's sisters came to live with him in Trieste?
5. Who was Joyce's governess?
This section contains 141 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)