|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Pola, Rome, Trieste.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which book of Joyce's was published in 1907 but for which he received no money?
(a) Chamber Music.
(d) My Father's Song.
2. Where did Joyce consider moving his family when he lost his job in Rome?
(c) Monte Carlo.
3. How many mortgages did Joyce's father have to take out to support his family?
4. Joyce is a name of ________________ origin.
5. Who is the girl Joyce began to date in 1904?
(a) Laura Morgan.
(b) Audrey Spenser.
(c) Nora Barnacle.
(d) Siobbhan O'Meara.
Short Answer Questions
1. Joyce was working on stories that would become which book?
2. Who was Joyce's mother?
3. What religion did the Joyce family practice?
4. What expensive item did Joyce buy for Nora in Galway?
5. Why did Joyce's newspaper never take off?
This section contains 154 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)