|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Pola, Rome, Trieste.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What expensive item did Joyce buy for Nora in Galway?
(d) Fur coat.
2. Who saved Joyce's draft of PORTRAIT OF THE ARTIST AS A YOUNG MAN when he tossed it into the fire?
3. Why did the manager of the school love Joyce?
(a) He took on more responsibilities.
(b) He was very witty.
(c) He always worked overtime.
(d) He brought in wealthy students.
4. Why did Joyce have trouble finding housing in Trieste?
(a) He wanted something close to work.
(b) He could not afford the rent.
(c) He and Nora were not married and she was pregnant.
(d) He wanted a waterfront flat.
5. What did Joyce and Nora name their son?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Joyce choose to deal with his troubles?
2. The city in #43 is known for being _____________________.
3. Who was the main character in the novel in #32?
4. Which of the following is NOT true about Joyce's younger brother?
5. Joyce's father took special pride in the family's ______________________.
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)