|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Pola, Rome, Trieste.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was always an important source of inspiration for Joyce's literary works?
2. Joyce is a name of ________________ origin.
3. What expensive item did Joyce buy for Nora in Galway?
(c) Fur coat.
4. Which of Joyce's sisters came to live with him in Trieste?
5. Which of the following was NOT true about Joyce as a child?
(a) He was nearsighted.
(b) He was self-sufficient.
(c) He was sullen.
(d) He was well-behaved.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word did the publisher have Joyce remove from DUBLINERS?
2. Joyce searched for job vacancies at ______________________ throughout Europe.
3. From what disease did Joyce's mother die?
4. What did Joyce and Nora name their son?
5. How many mortgages did Joyce's father have to take out to support his family?
This section contains 147 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)