|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Pola, Rome, Trieste.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Joyce could be categorized as ____________________.
(a) A philanthropist.
(b) A bohemian.
(c) A martyr.
(d) A sociopath.
2. Joyce briefly considered a career in _______________.
3. The Joyces moved in with which family in Trieste?
4. Which of the following is NOT true about Joyce's younger brother?
(a) He was athletic.
(b) He was determined.
(c) He was artistic.
(d) He was blunt.
5. In 1912 Joyce sent Nora and Lucia on a trip to __________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who saved Joyce's draft of PORTRAIT OF THE ARTIST AS A YOUNG MAN when he tossed it into the fire?
2. The city in #43 is known for being _____________________.
3. Joyce left Trieste and took a job _________________ in Rome.
4. Where did Joyce go to further his studies?
5. Where did Joyce go when there was no position for him in Italy?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)