|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Pola, Rome, Trieste.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which writer wrote to Joyce asking for some of Joyce's work to be included in an anthology?
(a) William Yeats.
(b) Ernest Hemingway.
(c) Henry David Thoreau.
(d) Ezra Pound.
2. Who was Joyce's father?
3. Who is the girl Joyce began to date in 1904?
(a) Audrey Spenser.
(b) Siobbhan O'Meara.
(c) Laura Morgan.
(d) Nora Barnacle.
4. Which book of Joyce's was published in 1907 but for which he received no money?
(b) Chamber Music.
(d) My Father's Song.
5. Who was the main character in Joyce's ULYSSES?
(a) Barry Connely.
(b) Leopold Bloom.
(c) Harold Sloane.
(d) Peter Gallagher.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1912 Joyce sent Nora and Lucia on a trip to __________________.
2. Joyce had physical problems with iritis and _________________.
3. School records show that Joyce was punished for ______________________.
4. Joyce searched for job vacancies at ______________________ throughout Europe.
5. Joyce had a falling out with his old friend and replaced him with ____________________.
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)