|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Pola, Rome, Trieste.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The city in #43 is known for being _____________________.
(a) A poor city.
(b) An ancient city.
(c) A cultural center.
(d) A port city.
2. Joyce left Trieste and took a job _________________ in Rome.
(a) At a restaurant.
(b) At a bank.
(c) At a university.
(d) At a publishing company.
3. Joyce wrote a review of a play written by _________________ and received a complimentary letter from the playwright himself.
4. Which of Joyce's sisters came to live with him in Trieste?
5. What did Joyce and Nora name their son?
Short Answer Questions
1. Joyce always had a talent for __________________.
2. Why did Joyce's newspaper never take off?
3. Joyce had physical problems with iritis and _________________.
4. What novel did Joyce begin to write in 1904?
5. Joyce's father took special pride in the family's ______________________.
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)