|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Pola, Rome, Trieste.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Joyce go to further his studies?
2. Joyce could not attend school in the city in #25 because the school wants the fees right away and __________________.
(a) He is too young.
(b) His French is not good enough.
(c) He does not have the academic credits.
(d) He is not a French citizen.
3. What did Joyce consider to be life's most important relationship?
(a) Between husband and wife.
(b) Between brothers.
(c) Between mother and child.
(d) Between father and son.
4. What was one of Joyce's two main goals in 1909?
(a) To become a professor.
(b) To visit Russia.
(c) To travel the world.
(d) To learn how to sail.
5. What was the cause of the death of Joyce's brother?
(b) Typhoid Fever.
(c) Boating accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Joyce do to earn extra money?
2. What was the name of the theater that Joyce established?
3. Who was the favorite child in the Joyce family?
4. What was always an important source of inspiration for Joyce's literary works?
5. Which of the following was NOT one of Joyce's activities in 1904?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)