|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Pola, Rome, Trieste.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Joyce always had a talent for __________________.
(a) Playing the violin.
2. What was the cause of the death of Joyce's brother?
(c) Typhoid Fever.
(d) Boating accident.
3. In 1912 Joyce sent Nora and Lucia on a trip to __________________.
4. Which of the following was NOT true about Joyce as a child?
(a) He was well-behaved.
(b) He was self-sufficient.
(c) He was sullen.
(d) He was nearsighted.
5. Joyce could not attend school in the city in #25 because the school wants the fees right away and __________________.
(a) He is not a French citizen.
(b) He is too young.
(c) He does not have the academic credits.
(d) His French is not good enough.
Short Answer Questions
1. Joyce briefly considered a career in _______________.
2. What did Joyce do to earn extra money?
3. Why did Joyce's newspaper never take off?
4. Where did the Joyces move when World War I broke out?
5. Who saved Joyce's draft of PORTRAIT OF THE ARTIST AS A YOUNG MAN when he tossed it into the fire?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)