|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Pola, Rome, Trieste.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Joyce have trouble finding housing in Trieste?
(a) He wanted something close to work.
(b) He wanted a waterfront flat.
(c) He and Nora were not married and she was pregnant.
(d) He could not afford the rent.
2. Joyce always had a talent for __________________.
(c) Playing the violin.
3. Who was Joyce's father?
4. Which writer began to help Joyce with publishing his work?
5. Who was Joyce's younger brother?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which writer wrote to Joyce asking for some of Joyce's work to be included in an anthology?
2. In what city was Joyce born?
3. What did Joyce and Nora name their son?
4. How did Joyce choose to deal with his troubles?
5. Where did Joyce and Nora live in 1904?
This section contains 159 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)