|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Pola, Rome, Trieste.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the newspaper Joyce wanted to start?
(a) The Dubliner.
(b) The Shamrock.
(c) The Standard.
(d) The Goblin.
2. What did Joyce do to earn extra money?
(a) Drove a cab.
(b) Cooked at a diner.
(c) Sold men's clothes.
(d) Taught English.
3. From what disease did Joyce's mother die?
(b) Lead poisoning.
(d) Heart disease.
4. Which friend did Joyce make in college who remained a good friend for many years?
5. Where did Joyce go when there was no position for him in Italy?
Short Answer Questions
1. Joyce was assured that he had a job waiting for him in which Italian city?
2. Joyce is a name of ________________ origin.
3. Who was Joyce's father?
4. Who was Joyce's mother?
5. What did Joyce and Nora name their son?
This section contains 145 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)