|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Pola, Rome, Trieste.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the theater that Joyce established?
(a) The Volta.
(b) The Guild.
(c) The Standard.
(d) The Phoenix.
2. Which one of Joyce's siblings worked with him at the school in Trieste?
3. Joyce is a name of ________________ origin.
4. What word did the publisher have Joyce remove from DUBLINERS?
5. Who was the London acquaintance who helped Joyce search for jobs?
(a) Miss Sloane.
(b) Miss Galloway.
(c) Miss Gilfrod.
(d) Miss O'Hara.
Short Answer Questions
1. What preparatory school did Joyce and his younger brother attend?
2. Which of the following was NOT true about Joyce as a child?
3. Joyce's father took special pride in the family's ______________________.
4. Who was Joyce's governess?
5. Joyce left Trieste and took a job _________________ in Rome.
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)