|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Pola, Rome, Trieste.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the theater that Joyce established?
(a) The Volta.
(b) The Phoenix.
(c) The Guild.
(d) The Standard.
2. Joyce is a name of ________________ origin.
3. How many mortgages did Joyce's father have to take out to support his family?
4. Which one of Joyce's siblings worked with him at the school in Trieste?
5. From what disease did Joyce's mother die?
(c) Lead poisoning.
(d) Heart disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Joyce's newspaper never take off?
2. What preparatory school did Joyce and his younger brother attend?
3. Who was Joyce's boss in the city in #41?
4. Who is the girl Joyce began to date in 1904?
5. Who saved Joyce's draft of PORTRAIT OF THE ARTIST AS A YOUNG MAN when he tossed it into the fire?
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)