|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Pola, Rome, Trieste.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why had Joyce and Nora not yet married?
(a) They didn't have the money for a wedding.
(b) Joyce did not want to get married.
(c) Nora was not sure she loved him.
(d) They wanted to rebel against society.
2. Who was Joyce's mother?
3. Joyce was assured that he had a job waiting for him in which Italian city?
4. Who was Joyce's father?
5. What word did the publisher have Joyce remove from DUBLINERS?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many mortgages did Joyce's father have to take out to support his family?
2. What was the name of the newspaper Joyce wanted to start?
3. Who was the main character in the novel in #32?
4. Which friend did Joyce make in college who remained a good friend for many years?
5. What was one of Joyce's two main goals in 1909?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)