|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Pola, Rome, Trieste.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The city in #43 is known for being _____________________.
(a) A cultural center.
(b) A poor city.
(c) A port city.
(d) An ancient city.
2. What word did the publisher have Joyce remove from DUBLINERS?
3. Who was Joyce's boss in the city in #41?
4. Who is the girl Joyce began to date in 1904?
(a) Audrey Spenser.
(b) Laura Morgan.
(c) Siobbhan O'Meara.
(d) Nora Barnacle.
5. Who was the main character in Joyce's ULYSSES?
(a) Harold Sloane.
(b) Barry Connely.
(c) Leopold Bloom.
(d) Peter Gallagher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Joyce's newspaper never take off?
2. Joyce had physical problems with iritis and _________________.
3. Joyce is a name of ________________ origin.
4. Which of the following was NOT true about Joyce as a child?
5. Joyce briefly considered a career in _______________.
This section contains 155 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)