|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Pola, Rome, Trieste.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Joyce go to further his studies?
2. What novel did Joyce begin to write in 1904?
(a) Cheri and The Last of Cheri.
(b) For Whom the Bell Tolls.
(c) Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man.
(d) From Here to Eternity.
3. Where did Joyce consider moving his family when he lost his job in Rome?
(d) Monte Carlo.
4. Which friend did Joyce make in college who remained a good friend for many years?
5. Joyce could be categorized as ____________________.
(a) A bohemian.
(b) A sociopath.
(c) A philanthropist.
(d) A martyr.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Joyce forbid Nora to wear on the trip in #68?
2. What was the cause of the death of Joyce's brother?
3. Who was the main character in Joyce's ULYSSES?
4. Who saved Joyce's draft of PORTRAIT OF THE ARTIST AS A YOUNG MAN when he tossed it into the fire?
5. Which of the following was NOT true about Joyce as a child?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)