|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Pola, Rome, Trieste.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religion did the Joyce family practice?
2. Which of Joyce's sisters came to live with him in Trieste?
3. Joyce always had a talent for __________________.
(b) Playing the violin.
4. Why had Joyce and Nora not yet married?
(a) They wanted to rebel against society.
(b) They didn't have the money for a wedding.
(c) Joyce did not want to get married.
(d) Nora was not sure she loved him.
5. Who was Joyce's boss in the city in #41?
Short Answer Questions
1. Joyce searched for job vacancies at ______________________ throughout Europe.
2. From what disease did Joyce's mother die?
3. What was the name of the theater that Joyce established?
4. Joyce was assured that he had a job waiting for him in which Italian city?
5. Which of Joyce's brothers died young?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)