|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Pola, Rome, Trieste.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Joyces moved in with which family in Trieste?
2. Who was the main character in Joyce's ULYSSES?
(a) Peter Gallagher.
(b) Leopold Bloom.
(c) Harold Sloane.
(d) Barry Connely.
3. How did Joyce choose to deal with his troubles?
(a) He addressed them directly.
(b) He slept.
(c) He drank heavily.
(d) He did drugs.
4. Who was the main character in the novel in #32?
(a) Stephen Hero.
(b) John Paulus.
(c) Michael Collins.
(d) David Trimble.
5. Why did Joyce's newspaper never take off?
(a) He couldn't get funding.
(b) His father died.
(c) He got ill.
(d) He left for Vienna.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why had Joyce and Nora not yet married?
2. Which one of Joyce's siblings worked with him at the school in Trieste?
3. Joyce wrote a review of a play written by _________________ and received a complimentary letter from the playwright himself.
4. Who was Joyce's mother?
5. Joyce had a falling out with his old friend and replaced him with ____________________.
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)