|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Pola, Rome, Trieste.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the favorite child in the Joyce family?
2. Joyce had physical problems with iritis and _________________.
(c) Heart palpitations.
3. From what disease did Joyce's mother die?
(a) Heart disease.
(b) Lead poisoning.
4. What did Joyce do to earn extra money?
(a) Cooked at a diner.
(b) Sold men's clothes.
(c) Drove a cab.
(d) Taught English.
5. What expensive item did Joyce buy for Nora in Galway?
(d) Fur coat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Joyce forbid Nora to wear on the trip in #68?
2. What preparatory school did Joyce and his younger brother attend?
3. Which one of Joyce's siblings worked with him at the school in Trieste?
4. In what city was Joyce born?
5. What did Joyce consider to be life's most important relationship?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)