|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Pola, Rome, Trieste.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Joyce's newspaper never take off?
(a) He got ill.
(b) His father died.
(c) He couldn't get funding.
(d) He left for Vienna.
2. Who was Joyce's father?
3. How did Joyce choose to deal with his troubles?
(a) He addressed them directly.
(b) He did drugs.
(c) He drank heavily.
(d) He slept.
4. Who was the main character in Joyce's ULYSSES?
(a) Peter Gallagher.
(b) Leopold Bloom.
(c) Harold Sloane.
(d) Barry Connely.
5. Joyce had a falling out with his old friend and replaced him with ____________________.
(a) Miguel Ramirez.
(b) Oliver Gogarty.
(c) Marcus Jameson.
(d) Patrick Connelly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the girl Joyce began to date in 1904?
2. Who was Joyce's mother?
3. Where did the Joyces move when World War I broke out?
4. What was the cause of the death of Joyce's brother?
5. Joyce could not attend school in the city in #25 because the school wants the fees right away and __________________.
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)