|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Pola, Rome, Trieste.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT true about Joyce's younger brother?
(a) He was artistic.
(b) He was determined.
(c) He was blunt.
(d) He was athletic.
2. Who was the publisher who agreed to print DUBLINERS?
(a) Morris Stanton.
(b) Edward Sloane.
(c) Grant Richard.
(d) Patrick Shannon.
3. What was always an important source of inspiration for Joyce's literary works?
4. What word did the publisher have Joyce remove from DUBLINERS?
5. What was the name of the newspaper Joyce wanted to start?
(a) The Goblin.
(b) The Standard.
(c) The Shamrock.
(d) The Dubliner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Joyce go when there was no position for him in Italy?
2. Joyce searched for job vacancies at ______________________ throughout Europe.
3. Who was the London acquaintance who helped Joyce search for jobs?
4. Which of the following was NOT one of Joyce's activities in 1904?
5. What was the name of the theater that Joyce established?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)