|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Pola, Rome, Trieste.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Joyce's sisters came to live with him in Trieste?
2. Where did Joyce consider moving his family when he lost his job in Rome?
(c) Monte Carlo.
3. Which writer wrote to Joyce asking for some of Joyce's work to be included in an anthology?
(a) Ernest Hemingway.
(b) William Yeats.
(c) Ezra Pound.
(d) Henry David Thoreau.
4. What novel did Joyce begin to write in 1904?
(a) Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man.
(b) For Whom the Bell Tolls.
(c) Cheri and The Last of Cheri.
(d) From Here to Eternity.
5. Which one of Joyce's siblings worked with him at the school in Trieste?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the favorite child in the Joyce family?
2. Which of the following is NOT true about Joyce's younger brother?
3. Who is the girl Joyce began to date in 1904?
4. Joyce is a name of ________________ origin.
5. Joyce wrote a review of a play written by _________________ and received a complimentary letter from the playwright himself.
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)