|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Pola, Rome, Trieste.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was NOT one of Joyce's activities in 1904?
2. What did Joyce consider to be life's most important relationship?
(a) Between husband and wife.
(b) Between mother and child.
(c) Between brothers.
(d) Between father and son.
3. What was always an important source of inspiration for Joyce's literary works?
4. Where did Joyce consider moving his family when he lost his job in Rome?
(b) Monte Carlo.
5. Why did Joyce's newspaper never take off?
(a) His father died.
(b) He left for Vienna.
(c) He got ill.
(d) He couldn't get funding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Joyce searched for job vacancies at ______________________ throughout Europe.
2. What did Joyce and Nora name their new daughter?
3. Who was the publisher who agreed to print DUBLINERS?
4. Joyce briefly considered a career in _______________.
5. Who was Joyce's younger brother?
This section contains 158 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)