|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Pola, Rome, Trieste.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Joyce's sisters came to live with him in Trieste?
2. Who was the main character in the novel in #32?
(a) Stephen Hero.
(b) John Paulus.
(c) David Trimble.
(d) Michael Collins.
3. In 1912 Joyce sent Nora and Lucia on a trip to __________________.
4. Why had Joyce and Nora not yet married?
(a) Nora was not sure she loved him.
(b) Joyce did not want to get married.
(c) They didn't have the money for a wedding.
(d) They wanted to rebel against society.
5. School records show that Joyce was punished for ______________________.
(c) Vulgar language.
(d) Being late.
Short Answer Questions
1. Joyce wrote a review of a play written by _________________ and received a complimentary letter from the playwright himself.
2. What did Joyce and Nora name their son?
3. Which of the following is NOT true about Joyce's younger brother?
4. Joyce was assured that he had a job waiting for him in which Italian city?
5. How did Joyce choose to deal with his troubles?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)