|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Pola, Rome, Trieste.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Joyce's younger brother?
2. Joyce wrote a review of a play written by _________________ and received a complimentary letter from the playwright himself.
3. Where did Joyce go to college?
(a) Oxford University.
(b) Griffith College.
(c) Trinity College.
(d) University College.
4. Why had Joyce and Nora not yet married?
(a) They wanted to rebel against society.
(b) They didn't have the money for a wedding.
(c) Joyce did not want to get married.
(d) Nora was not sure she loved him.
5. Who was the publisher who agreed to print DUBLINERS?
(a) Morris Stanton.
(b) Grant Richard.
(c) Edward Sloane.
(d) Patrick Shannon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the main character in Joyce's ULYSSES?
2. Where did Joyce go to further his studies?
3. Who is the girl Joyce began to date in 1904?
4. Joyce always had a talent for __________________.
5. Which writer began to help Joyce with publishing his work?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)