|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Pola, Rome, Trieste.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which book of Joyce's was published in 1907 but for which he received no money?
(c) My Father's Song.
(d) Chamber Music.
2. Which of the following is NOT true about Joyce's younger brother?
(a) He was determined.
(b) He was blunt.
(c) He was artistic.
(d) He was athletic.
3. Why did Joyce eventually return home from Paris?
(a) He wanted to teach in Ireland.
(b) His mother was ill.
(c) He was homesick.
(d) He wanted to run for public office.
4. What did Joyce do to earn extra money?
(a) Sold men's clothes.
(b) Taught English.
(c) Cooked at a diner.
(d) Drove a cab.
5. Where is Joyce transferred when he is forced to leave the position in #41?
(b) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What expensive item did Joyce buy for Nora in Galway?
2. Who was Joyce's younger brother?
3. Who was Joyce's mother?
4. Where did Joyce go to college?
5. Which of Joyce's brothers died young?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)