|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Pola, Rome, Trieste.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was one of Joyce's two main goals in 1909?
(a) To become a professor.
(b) To visit Russia.
(c) To travel the world.
(d) To learn how to sail.
2. Who was the main character in Joyce's ULYSSES?
(a) Barry Connely.
(b) Peter Gallagher.
(c) Harold Sloane.
(d) Leopold Bloom.
3. From what disease did Joyce's mother die?
(b) Lead poisoning.
(c) Heart disease.
4. Joyce could not attend school in the city in #25 because the school wants the fees right away and __________________.
(a) He is not a French citizen.
(b) He is too young.
(c) His French is not good enough.
(d) He does not have the academic credits.
5. Joyce wrote a review of a play written by _________________ and received a complimentary letter from the playwright himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Joyce and Nora live in 1904?
2. When was Joyce's birthday?
3. Which of the following is NOT true about Joyce's younger brother?
4. Who was Joyce's governess?
5. What did Joyce consider to be life's most important relationship?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)