|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Pola, Rome, Trieste.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the cause of the death of Joyce's brother?
(c) Typhoid Fever.
(d) Boating accident.
2. Where did Joyce go when there was no position for him in Italy?
3. From what disease did Joyce's mother die?
(a) Heart disease.
(c) Lead poisoning.
4. Who was Joyce's father?
5. What novel did Joyce begin to write in 1904?
(a) From Here to Eternity.
(b) Cheri and The Last of Cheri.
(c) Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man.
(d) For Whom the Bell Tolls.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Joyce's birthday?
2. Where did Joyce and Nora live in 1904?
3. Who was the favorite child in the Joyce family?
4. Who was the main character in Joyce's ULYSSES?
5. Who was the publisher who agreed to print DUBLINERS?
This section contains 150 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)