|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Pola, Rome, Trieste.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was NOT one of Joyce's activities in 1904?
2. What word did the publisher have Joyce remove from DUBLINERS?
3. What novel did Joyce begin to write in 1904?
(a) Cheri and The Last of Cheri.
(b) From Here to Eternity.
(c) Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man.
(d) For Whom the Bell Tolls.
4. Why did the manager of the school love Joyce?
(a) He brought in wealthy students.
(b) He was very witty.
(c) He always worked overtime.
(d) He took on more responsibilities.
5. Why had Joyce and Nora not yet married?
(a) Nora was not sure she loved him.
(b) They didn't have the money for a wedding.
(c) Joyce did not want to get married.
(d) They wanted to rebel against society.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the main character in the novel in #32?
2. The city in #43 is known for being _____________________.
3. Joyce had physical problems with iritis and _________________.
4. Who was the favorite child in the Joyce family?
5. Where did Joyce go to further his studies?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)