|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Dublin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was NOT true about Joyce as a child?
(a) He was sullen.
(b) He was self-sufficient.
(c) He was nearsighted.
(d) He was well-behaved.
2. Joyce could not attend school in the city in #25 because the school wants the fees right away and __________________.
(a) He does not have the academic credits.
(b) He is too young.
(c) He is not a French citizen.
(d) His French is not good enough.
3. What was the cause of the death of Joyce's brother?
(b) Typhoid Fever.
(d) Boating accident.
4. Who is the girl Joyce began to date in 1904?
(a) Laura Morgan.
(b) Audrey Spenser.
(c) Siobbhan O'Meara.
(d) Nora Barnacle.
5. What preparatory school did Joyce and his younger brother attend?
(c) St. Martin's.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many mortgages did Joyce's father have to take out to support his family?
2. What was the name of the newspaper Joyce wanted to start?
3. Who was Joyce's younger brother?
4. Joyce is a name of ________________ origin.
5. Who was Joyce's mother?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)