|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Dublin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What preparatory school did Joyce and his younger brother attend?
(d) St. Martin's.
2. Where did Joyce go to college?
(a) University College.
(b) Trinity College.
(c) Oxford University.
(d) Griffith College.
3. Joyce's father took special pride in the family's ______________________.
(a) Red hair.
(b) Coat of arms.
4. Who was Joyce's father?
5. Why did Joyce's newspaper never take off?
(a) He got ill.
(b) His father died.
(c) He left for Vienna.
(d) He couldn't get funding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Joyce always had a talent for __________________.
2. Which friend did Joyce make in college who remained a good friend for many years?
3. Which writer began to help Joyce with publishing his work?
4. Who was the favorite child in the Joyce family?
5. What religion did the Joyce family practice?
This section contains 142 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)