|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Dublin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was NOT true about Joyce as a child?
(a) He was nearsighted.
(b) He was self-sufficient.
(c) He was well-behaved.
(d) He was sullen.
2. Why did Joyce's newspaper never take off?
(a) He got ill.
(b) His father died.
(c) He couldn't get funding.
(d) He left for Vienna.
3. Joyce could not attend school in the city in #25 because the school wants the fees right away and __________________.
(a) He is not a French citizen.
(b) He is too young.
(c) His French is not good enough.
(d) He does not have the academic credits.
4. How many mortgages did Joyce's father have to take out to support his family?
5. Joyce briefly considered a career in _______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT true about Joyce's younger brother?
2. Who was Joyce's father?
3. Joyce had a falling out with his old friend and replaced him with ____________________.
4. What novel did Joyce begin to write in 1904?
5. Who was Joyce's younger brother?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)