|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Dublin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the girl Joyce began to date in 1904?
(a) Laura Morgan.
(b) Siobbhan O'Meara.
(c) Nora Barnacle.
(d) Audrey Spenser.
2. Where did Joyce go to further his studies?
3. Why did Joyce's newspaper never take off?
(a) He couldn't get funding.
(b) His father died.
(c) He got ill.
(d) He left for Vienna.
4. Which of the following was NOT true about Joyce as a child?
(a) He was self-sufficient.
(b) He was nearsighted.
(c) He was well-behaved.
(d) He was sullen.
5. Which of the following was NOT one of Joyce's activities in 1904?
Short Answer Questions
1. Joyce could not attend school in the city in #25 because the school wants the fees right away and __________________.
2. How many children did Joyce's parents have?
3. School records show that Joyce was punished for ______________________.
4. Which of Joyce's brothers died young?
5. Joyce's father took special pride in the family's ______________________.
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)