|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Dublin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Joyce is a name of ________________ origin.
2. Who was Joyce's younger brother?
3. How many mortgages did Joyce's father have to take out to support his family?
4. Joyce could not attend school in the city in #25 because the school wants the fees right away and __________________.
(a) He is too young.
(b) He is not a French citizen.
(c) He does not have the academic credits.
(d) His French is not good enough.
5. What was the cause of the death of Joyce's brother?
(a) Typhoid Fever.
(c) Boating accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. What novel did Joyce begin to write in 1904?
2. Who was the main character in the novel in #32?
3. Who was the favorite child in the Joyce family?
4. Which of Joyce's brothers died young?
5. Which of the following was NOT true about Joyce as a child?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)