|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Dublin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Joyce's brothers died young?
2. Joyce's father took special pride in the family's ______________________.
(b) Red hair.
(d) Coat of arms.
3. Why did Joyce's newspaper never take off?
(a) He left for Vienna.
(b) He couldn't get funding.
(c) His father died.
(d) He got ill.
4. What novel did Joyce begin to write in 1904?
(a) From Here to Eternity.
(b) Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man.
(c) Cheri and The Last of Cheri.
(d) For Whom the Bell Tolls.
5. Who was Joyce's mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Joyce eventually return home from Paris?
2. What was the name of the newspaper Joyce wanted to start?
3. What was always an important source of inspiration for Joyce's literary works?
4. Which of the following is NOT true about Joyce's younger brother?
5. Joyce always had a talent for __________________.
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)