|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Dublin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the main character in the novel in #32?
(a) Stephen Hero.
(b) John Paulus.
(c) Michael Collins.
(d) David Trimble.
2. School records show that Joyce was punished for ______________________.
(a) Being late.
(d) Vulgar language.
3. Who was Joyce's younger brother?
4. Which of the following was NOT true about Joyce as a child?
(a) He was nearsighted.
(b) He was sullen.
(c) He was well-behaved.
(d) He was self-sufficient.
5. Joyce could not attend school in the city in #25 because the school wants the fees right away and __________________.
(a) He is not a French citizen.
(b) His French is not good enough.
(c) He does not have the academic credits.
(d) He is too young.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT true about Joyce's younger brother?
2. Why did Joyce's newspaper never take off?
3. In what city was Joyce born?
4. Which writer began to help Joyce with publishing his work?
5. Which of Joyce's brothers died young?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)