|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Dublin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Joyce's newspaper never take off?
(a) He got ill.
(b) He left for Vienna.
(c) He couldn't get funding.
(d) His father died.
2. What religion did the Joyce family practice?
3. What was always an important source of inspiration for Joyce's literary works?
4. Which of the following is NOT true about Joyce's younger brother?
(a) He was blunt.
(b) He was artistic.
(c) He was athletic.
(d) He was determined.
5. Joyce had a falling out with his old friend and replaced him with ____________________.
(a) Miguel Ramirez.
(b) Patrick Connelly.
(c) Marcus Jameson.
(d) Oliver Gogarty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What preparatory school did Joyce and his younger brother attend?
2. Which of the following was NOT one of Joyce's activities in 1904?
3. Who was Joyce's mother?
4. Where did Joyce go to college?
5. How many mortgages did Joyce's father have to take out to support his family?
This section contains 158 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)