|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Dublin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the newspaper Joyce wanted to start?
(a) The Shamrock.
(b) The Standard.
(c) The Dubliner.
(d) The Goblin.
2. Where did Joyce go to further his studies?
3. What novel did Joyce begin to write in 1904?
(a) Cheri and The Last of Cheri.
(b) For Whom the Bell Tolls.
(c) Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man.
(d) From Here to Eternity.
4. Who was Joyce's governess?
(a) Mrs. Heiby.
(b) Mrs. Collins.
(c) Mrs. O'Hara.
(d) Mrs. Dante.
5. What was always an important source of inspiration for Joyce's literary works?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Joyce's father?
2. Which of the following is NOT true about Joyce's younger brother?
3. In what city was Joyce born?
4. Joyce could not attend school in the city in #25 because the school wants the fees right away and __________________.
5. What was the cause of the death of Joyce's brother?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)