|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Dublin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Joyce eventually return home from Paris?
(a) His mother was ill.
(b) He wanted to run for public office.
(c) He was homesick.
(d) He wanted to teach in Ireland.
2. What religion did the Joyce family practice?
3. Why did Joyce's newspaper never take off?
(a) He got ill.
(b) He left for Vienna.
(c) His father died.
(d) He couldn't get funding.
4. When was Joyce's birthday?
(a) February 2, 1882.
(b) September 15, 1865.
(c) June 25 1860.
(d) May 7, 1907.
5. What novel did Joyce begin to write in 1904?
(a) Cheri and The Last of Cheri.
(b) From Here to Eternity.
(c) For Whom the Bell Tolls.
(d) Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Joyce always had a talent for __________________.
2. Which of Joyce's brothers died young?
3. Joyce could not attend school in the city in #25 because the school wants the fees right away and __________________.
4. Which of the following was NOT one of Joyce's activities in 1904?
5. Which of the following was NOT true about Joyce as a child?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)