|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Dublin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children did Joyce's parents have?
2. In what city was Joyce born?
3. Where did Joyce go to college?
(a) University College.
(b) Oxford University.
(c) Trinity College.
(d) Griffith College.
4. Which of the following was NOT true about Joyce as a child?
(a) He was self-sufficient.
(b) He was well-behaved.
(c) He was nearsighted.
(d) He was sullen.
5. Why did Joyce eventually return home from Paris?
(a) He was homesick.
(b) He wanted to teach in Ireland.
(c) His mother was ill.
(d) He wanted to run for public office.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Joyce's mother?
2. Which of Joyce's brothers died young?
3. Who was Joyce's younger brother?
4. Who was Joyce's governess?
5. Which writer began to help Joyce with publishing his work?
This section contains 136 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)