|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Dublin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the main character in the novel in #32?
(a) Stephen Hero.
(b) John Paulus.
(c) Michael Collins.
(d) David Trimble.
2. Why did Joyce eventually return home from Paris?
(a) His mother was ill.
(b) He wanted to teach in Ireland.
(c) He was homesick.
(d) He wanted to run for public office.
3. When was Joyce's birthday?
(a) May 7, 1907.
(b) February 2, 1882.
(c) June 25 1860.
(d) September 15, 1865.
4. Where did Joyce go to college?
(a) Oxford University.
(b) University College.
(c) Trinity College.
(d) Griffith College.
5. Which of the following is NOT true about Joyce's younger brother?
(a) He was determined.
(b) He was artistic.
(c) He was blunt.
(d) He was athletic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Joyce's brothers died young?
2. Why did Joyce's newspaper never take off?
3. Joyce's father took special pride in the family's ______________________.
4. Joyce could not attend school in the city in #25 because the school wants the fees right away and __________________.
5. School records show that Joyce was punished for ______________________.
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)