|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Dublin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Joyce eventually return home from Paris?
(a) His mother was ill.
(b) He wanted to run for public office.
(c) He was homesick.
(d) He wanted to teach in Ireland.
2. What preparatory school did Joyce and his younger brother attend?
(b) St. Martin's.
3. What was the cause of the death of Joyce's brother?
(b) Boating accident.
(d) Typhoid Fever.
4. Which friend did Joyce make in college who remained a good friend for many years?
5. Which of the following was NOT true about Joyce as a child?
(a) He was self-sufficient.
(b) He was nearsighted.
(c) He was well-behaved.
(d) He was sullen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the main character in the novel in #32?
2. Which of Joyce's brothers died young?
3. From what disease did Joyce's mother die?
4. Who was the favorite child in the Joyce family?
5. Joyce always had a talent for __________________.
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)