|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Dublin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what disease did Joyce's mother die?
(a) Heart disease.
(c) Lead poisoning.
2. Who was Joyce's father?
3. Who was Joyce's mother?
4. Joyce is a name of ________________ origin.
5. Who is the girl Joyce began to date in 1904?
(a) Siobbhan O'Meara.
(b) Laura Morgan.
(c) Audrey Spenser.
(d) Nora Barnacle.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many mortgages did Joyce's father have to take out to support his family?
2. In what city was Joyce born?
3. Which of the following was NOT true about Joyce as a child?
4. Joyce wrote a review of a play written by _________________ and received a complimentary letter from the playwright himself.
5. What was the cause of the death of Joyce's brother?
This section contains 142 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)