|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Dublin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the cause of the death of Joyce's brother?
(a) Boating accident.
(d) Typhoid Fever.
2. Who was Joyce's mother?
3. What preparatory school did Joyce and his younger brother attend?
(c) St. Martin's.
4. Who is the girl Joyce began to date in 1904?
(a) Laura Morgan.
(b) Nora Barnacle.
(c) Siobbhan O'Meara.
(d) Audrey Spenser.
5. From what disease did Joyce's mother die?
(a) Heart disease.
(b) Lead poisoning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which writer began to help Joyce with publishing his work?
2. Which of Joyce's brothers died young?
3. Joyce wrote a review of a play written by _________________ and received a complimentary letter from the playwright himself.
4. Which of the following was NOT one of Joyce's activities in 1904?
5. Why did Joyce eventually return home from Paris?
This section contains 158 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)