|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Dublin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Joyce is a name of ________________ origin.
2. How many mortgages did Joyce's father have to take out to support his family?
3. Joyce wrote a review of a play written by _________________ and received a complimentary letter from the playwright himself.
4. When was Joyce's birthday?
(a) February 2, 1882.
(b) September 15, 1865.
(c) May 7, 1907.
(d) June 25 1860.
5. Which friend did Joyce make in college who remained a good friend for many years?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the main character in the novel in #32?
2. School records show that Joyce was punished for ______________________.
3. Why did Joyce's newspaper never take off?
4. Why did Joyce eventually return home from Paris?
5. Which of the following was NOT true about Joyce as a child?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)