|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Dublin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Joyce briefly considered a career in _______________.
2. Joyce wrote a review of a play written by _________________ and received a complimentary letter from the playwright himself.
3. Why did Joyce's newspaper never take off?
(a) He left for Vienna.
(b) His father died.
(c) He got ill.
(d) He couldn't get funding.
4. How many children did Joyce's parents have?
5. How many mortgages did Joyce's father have to take out to support his family?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city was Joyce born?
2. Which of the following was NOT one of Joyce's activities in 1904?
3. Why did Joyce eventually return home from Paris?
4. What was the name of the newspaper Joyce wanted to start?
5. Who was Joyce's mother?
This section contains 154 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)