|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Dublin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Joyce's father took special pride in the family's ______________________.
(b) Red hair.
(d) Coat of arms.
2. Who was Joyce's father?
3. Which of the following is NOT true about Joyce's younger brother?
(a) He was athletic.
(b) He was artistic.
(c) He was blunt.
(d) He was determined.
4. From what disease did Joyce's mother die?
(b) Heart disease.
(d) Lead poisoning.
5. How many mortgages did Joyce's father have to take out to support his family?
Short Answer Questions
1. Joyce wrote a review of a play written by _________________ and received a complimentary letter from the playwright himself.
2. In what city was Joyce born?
3. What preparatory school did Joyce and his younger brother attend?
4. Which of Joyce's brothers died young?
5. Which writer began to help Joyce with publishing his work?
This section contains 144 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)