|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Dublin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the newspaper Joyce wanted to start?
(a) The Dubliner.
(b) The Shamrock.
(c) The Standard.
(d) The Goblin.
2. Who was Joyce's governess?
(a) Mrs. Collins.
(b) Mrs. Dante.
(c) Mrs. Heiby.
(d) Mrs. O'Hara.
3. Joyce wrote a review of a play written by _________________ and received a complimentary letter from the playwright himself.
4. Who was the main character in the novel in #32?
(a) John Paulus.
(b) Stephen Hero.
(c) David Trimble.
(d) Michael Collins.
5. Joyce had a falling out with his old friend and replaced him with ____________________.
(a) Oliver Gogarty.
(b) Marcus Jameson.
(c) Patrick Connelly.
(d) Miguel Ramirez.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the favorite child in the Joyce family?
2. Where did Joyce go to further his studies?
3. Joyce is a name of ________________ origin.
4. School records show that Joyce was punished for ______________________.
5. What was the cause of the death of Joyce's brother?
This section contains 156 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)