|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five: Return to Zurich.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Giorgio was now going by the name of ________________.
2. What was the name of the newspaper Joyce wanted to start?
(a) The Shamrock.
(b) The Goblin.
(c) The Standard.
(d) The Dubliner.
3. Where did Joyce and Nora live in 1904?
4. What grant did Joyce receive to help support his family?
(a) Civil List grant.
(b) Universita Italia grant.
(c) Irish Heritage grant.
(d) Edinburgh Scholars grant.
5. What novel did Joyce begin to write in 1904?
(a) From Here to Eternity.
(b) Cheri and The Last of Cheri.
(c) For Whom the Bell Tolls.
(d) Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Joyce's newspaper never take off?
2. On what grounds was Joyce refused visas for his family?
3. Joyce had physical problems with iritis and _________________.
4. What was always an important source of inspiration for Joyce's literary works?
5. Which friend of Joyce's helped him produce a play?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)