|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: Paris.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1923, Joyce had surgery on his ________________.
2. Which writer began to help Joyce with publishing his work?
3. What was the name of the newspaper Joyce wanted to start?
(a) The Dubliner.
(b) The Goblin.
(c) The Standard.
(d) The Shamrock.
4. Who saved Joyce's draft of PORTRAIT OF THE ARTIST AS A YOUNG MAN when he tossed it into the fire?
5. Who became Joyce's unpaid secretary?
(a) Miguel Vasquez.
(b) Richard Galloway.
(c) Paul Leon.
(d) David Sloane.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Joyce go to further his studies?
2. Which surgery did Nora have in 1929?
3. Which one of Joyce's siblings worked with him at the school in Trieste?
4. What was always an important source of inspiration for Joyce's literary works?
5. What issue still continued to haunt Joyce in 1915?
This section contains 153 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)