Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Dublin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Joyce's newspaper never take off?
(a) He couldn't get funding.
(b) He got ill.
(c) His father died.
(d) He left for Vienna.
2. How many children did Joyce's parents have?
3. Who is the girl Joyce began to date in 1904?
(a) Nora Barnacle.
(b) Laura Morgan.
(c) Audrey Spenser.
(d) Siobbhan O'Meara.
4. What preparatory school did Joyce and his younger brother attend?
(a) St. Martin's.
5. Who was Joyce's mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many mortgages did Joyce's father have to take out to support his family?
2. What novel did Joyce begin to write in 1904?
3. School records show that Joyce was punished for ______________________.
4. What was always an important source of inspiration for Joyce's literary works?
5. Which of the following is NOT true about Joyce's younger brother?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)