|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five: Return to Zurich.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what day did Joyce die?
(a) June 25, 1936.
(b) November 12, 1934.
(c) September 15, 1954.
(d) January 13, 1941.
2. How many people showed up for the first reading of ULYSSES?
3. Why had Joyce and Nora not yet married?
(a) Nora was not sure she loved him.
(b) They didn't have the money for a wedding.
(c) Joyce did not want to get married.
(d) They wanted to rebel against society.
4. In what year did Nora die?
5. Who sent the Joyces some money to help them for a bit?
(a) Joyce's father.
(b) Joyce's uncle.
(c) Nora's sister.
(d) Nora's uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1923, Joyce had surgery on his ________________.
2. What was the cause of the death of Joyce's brother?
3. What language did the Joyces speak among themselves?
4. Which of the following was NOT true about Joyce in 1929?
5. Joyce had physical problems with iritis and _________________.
This section contains 157 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)