|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five: Return to Zurich.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose husband committed suicide in 1929?
2. Where did the Joyces move when World War I broke out?
3. Which author refused to subscribe to receive a copy of ULYSSES?
(a) William Yeats.
(b) George Bernard Shaw.
(c) Ezra Pound.
(d) Henry David Thoreau.
4. What was one of Joyce's two main goals in 1909?
(a) To learn how to sail.
(b) To travel the world.
(c) To visit Russia.
(d) To become a professor.
5. What did Joyce spend much of his time doing during this time in Paris?
(a) Helped out at the Red Cross.
(b) Corrected misprints in Finnegan's Wake.
(c) Took naps.
(d) Walked the streets alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Joyce have trouble finding housing in Trieste?
2. In what year did Nora die?
3. What word did the publisher have Joyce remove from DUBLINERS?
4. With whom did the Joyce family share an apartment?
5. Who was Joyce's mother?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)