|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five: Return to Zurich.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Joyce always had a talent for __________________.
(d) Playing the violin.
2. What was one of Joyce's two main goals in 1909?
(a) To become a professor.
(b) To learn how to sail.
(c) To visit Russia.
(d) To travel the world.
3. Who became Joyce's unpaid secretary?
(a) Miguel Vasquez.
(b) Richard Galloway.
(c) Paul Leon.
(d) David Sloane.
4. Who was the favorite child in the Joyce family?
5. What issue still continued to haunt Joyce in 1915?
(a) Relationship problems.
(b) Financial problems.
(c) Legal problems.
(d) Health problems.
Short Answer Questions
1. During this time Joyce was experiencing bad pains in his ____________________.
2. In what year did Joyce marry Nora?
3. What language did the Joyces speak among themselves?
4. Who was Joyce's grandson?
5. Who saved Joyce's draft of PORTRAIT OF THE ARTIST AS A YOUNG MAN when he tossed it into the fire?
This section contains 144 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)