|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five: Return to Zurich.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Joyce's sisters came to live with him in Trieste?
2. Lucia was self conscious about an odd squint and __________________.
(a) A scar.
(b) Crooked teeth.
(c) Lopsided ears.
(d) A long neck.
3. Where did the Joyces move when World War I broke out?
4. What grant did Joyce receive that helped the family financially for awhile?
(a) Dublin University grant.
(b) Trieste Arts Council grant.
(c) Royal Literature Fund grant.
(d) Irish Republic grant.
5. In 1923, Joyce had surgery on his ________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Joyce's play, EXILES, first performed?
2. Joyce briefly considered a career in _______________.
3. Joyce could be categorized as ____________________.
4. Which one of his works did Joyce work to translate into French in 1920?
5. What was Joyce's actual condition?
This section contains 154 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)