|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five: Return to Zurich.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who announced his engagement in 1929?
2. Which of the following was NOT true about Joyce in 1929?
(a) He was bedridden.
(b) He was almost blind.
(c) He weighed 112 pounds.
(d) He had bad teeth.
3. What did Ezra Pound send to Joyce in his diminished state?
(a) Used clothes.
4. What is ironic about Joyce's denial of visas?
(a) He was not Jewish.
(b) He would have liked to have been a spy.
(c) He was not a Communist.
(d) He detested Nazis.
5. What was the name of the theater that Joyce established?
(a) The Phoenix.
(b) The Standard.
(c) The Volta.
(d) The Guild.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Joyce do to earn extra money?
2. From what disease did Joyce's mother die?
3. Which of Joyce's brothers died young?
4. Who accompanied the Joyces to the Switzerland border?
5. Whose mother died during this time?
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)