|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five: Return to Zurich.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lucia was diagnosed as being a/an ____________________.
2. Joyce briefly considered a career in _______________.
3. What job did Joyce do when the family returned to Trieste in 1919?
4. Which actor in the play in #97 brought a lawsuit against Joyce?
(a) Sean Grady.
(b) Avery Galloway.
(c) Henry Carr.
(d) Harold Morrison.
5. The reactions of Joyce's friends to his first drafts of ULYSSES were ___________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language did the Joyces speak among themselves?
2. With whom did the Joyce family share an apartment?
3. Who did Joyce attempt to seduce when Nora was on vacation?
4. What was the name of the magazine burned by post office censors for featuring some of Joyce's work?
5. Joyce wrote a review of a play written by _________________ and received a complimentary letter from the playwright himself.
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)