|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five: Return to Zurich.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the magazine burned by post office censors for featuring some of Joyce's work?
(b) Little Review.
(d) Ireland Today.
2. Which one of Joyce's siblings worked with him at the school in Trieste?
3. What was one of Joyce's two main goals in 1909?
(a) To visit Russia.
(b) To become a professor.
(c) To learn how to sail.
(d) To travel the world.
4. What did Joyce watch approaching with dread?
(a) The Crimean War.
(b) World War II.
(c) World War I.
(d) The Korean War.
5. The author of Joyce's biography allowed Joyce to ________________________.
(a) Work in Joyce's own version of events.
(b) Sell advance copies.
(c) Have first right of refusal.
(d) Write most of the book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Joyce searched for job vacancies at ______________________ throughout Europe.
2. From whom does Joyce need permission to leave Paris?
3. What did Joyce and Nora name their new daughter?
4. Where did Joyce consider moving his family when he lost his job in Rome?
5. A man named __________________ wanted to publish FINNEGAN'S WAKE in serial form.
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)