|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five: Return to Zurich.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What preparatory school did Joyce and his younger brother attend?
(c) St. Martin's.
2. Why had Joyce and Nora not yet married?
(a) They didn't have the money for a wedding.
(b) Joyce did not want to get married.
(c) They wanted to rebel against society.
(d) Nora was not sure she loved him.
3. The author of Joyce's biography allowed Joyce to ________________________.
(a) Work in Joyce's own version of events.
(b) Sell advance copies.
(c) Write most of the book.
(d) Have first right of refusal.
4. Where did Joyce go to further his studies?
5. Where did Joyce think about returning to live?
Short Answer Questions
1. Joyce was working on stories that would become which book?
2. The city in #43 is known for being _____________________.
3. What did Joyce read to get inspiration for his writing in 1918?
4. How did Joyce feel about Zurich in 1915?
5. Who was Joyce's younger brother?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)