|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five: Return to Zurich.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During this time Joyce was experiencing bad pains in his ____________________.
2. In the United States, ULYSSES is pirated by a man named ____________________.
(a) Samuel Roth.
(b) Edward Smith.
(c) Gerald Morrison.
(d) William Cohen.
3. Who was the favorite child in the Joyce family?
4. Joyce had physical problems with iritis and _________________.
(d) Heart palpitations.
5. The author of Joyce's biography allowed Joyce to ________________________.
(a) Write most of the book.
(b) Sell advance copies.
(c) Have first right of refusal.
(d) Work in Joyce's own version of events.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Joyce go to college?
2. Who had still not read any of Joyce's books at this point?
3. Everyone with the exception of __________________ was granted permission to leave France.
4. ULYSSES was translated into which language in 1929?
5. Which surgery did Nora have in 1929?
This section contains 154 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)