|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five: Return to Zurich.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the owner of the Shakespeare & Co. bookstore?
(a) Margot Eliot.
(b) Sylvia Beach.
(c) Anna Wintour.
(d) Madeline Krazinski.
2. What was Charlotte Sauermann's profession?
3. Which of the following was NOT true about Joyce in 1929?
(a) He had bad teeth.
(b) He was bedridden.
(c) He weighed 112 pounds.
(d) He was almost blind.
4. Joyce had a falling out with his old friend and replaced him with ____________________.
(a) Marcus Jameson.
(b) Miguel Ramirez.
(c) Oliver Gogarty.
(d) Patrick Connelly.
5. Who was the publisher who took on Ulysses in book form?
(a) Margaret Howth.
(b) Cynthia Sloane.
(c) Harriet Weaver.
(d) David McGuire.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1912 Joyce sent Nora and Lucia on a trip to __________________.
2. What grant did Joyce receive that helped the family financially for awhile?
3. Who did Joyce attempt to seduce when Nora was on vacation?
4. What religion did the Joyce family practice?
5. Who was the neighboring woman with whom Joyce had an affair in 1918?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)