|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five: Return to Zurich.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ULYSSES was translated into which language in 1929?
2. Where did the Joyces go at the start of the war?
(b) Monte Carlo.
3. In 1923, Joyce had surgery on his ________________.
4. Which author refused to subscribe to receive a copy of ULYSSES?
(a) William Yeats.
(b) Ezra Pound.
(c) Henry David Thoreau.
(d) George Bernard Shaw.
5. Who was the owner of the Shakespeare & Co. bookstore?
(a) Madeline Krazinski.
(b) Margot Eliot.
(c) Anna Wintour.
(d) Sylvia Beach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Joyce once do at the end of a play to publicize a theater?
2. Who had still not read any of Joyce's books at this point?
3. Lucia was self conscious about an odd squint and __________________.
4. What word did the publisher have Joyce remove from DUBLINERS?
5. Where was Joyce buried?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)