|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five: Return to Zurich.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Joyce consider moving his family when he lost his job in Rome?
(a) Monte Carlo.
2. What was always an important source of inspiration for Joyce's literary works?
3. Who was the publisher who agreed to print DUBLINERS?
(a) Morris Stanton.
(b) Grant Richard.
(c) Edward Sloane.
(d) Patrick Shannon.
4. What issue still continued to haunt Joyce in 1915?
(a) Health problems.
(b) Financial problems.
(c) Legal problems.
(d) Relationship problems.
5. What did Joyce do prior to having surgery?
(a) Made a new will.
(b) Divorced Nora.
(c) Signed his bank accounts over to his family.
(d) Disowned George.
Short Answer Questions
1. Joyce wrote a review of a play written by _________________ and received a complimentary letter from the playwright himself.
2. What did Joyce forbid Nora to wear on the trip in #68?
3. During this time Joyce was experiencing bad pains in his ____________________.
4. What grant did Joyce receive that helped the family financially for awhile?
5. Why did printers refuse to publish PORTRAIT OF THE ARTIST AS A YOUNG MAN?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)