|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five: Return to Zurich.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Joyce's typical demeanor while with his children?
2. Who offered Joyce a generous royalty package for the publication of ULYSSES?
(a) Sylvia Beach.
(b) Emma Galloway.
(c) Madeline Anderson.
(d) Ava Monroe.
3. Who was the publisher who took on Ulysses in book form?
(a) Harriet Weaver.
(b) Cynthia Sloane.
(c) Margaret Howth.
(d) David McGuire.
4. Where did Joyce go when there was no position for him in Italy?
5. Which one of his works did Joyce work to translate into French in 1920?
(d) Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city was Joyce born?
2. During 1922, Joyce came up with the idea for ____________________.
3. What function did Nora have in one of Joyce's dramatic productions?
4. Joyce searched for job vacancies at ______________________ throughout Europe.
5. Why did Joyce's newspaper never take off?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)