|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Pola, Rome, Trieste.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Joyce have trouble finding housing in Trieste?
(a) He could not afford the rent.
(b) He and Nora were not married and she was pregnant.
(c) He wanted a waterfront flat.
(d) He wanted something close to work.
2. What did Joyce do to earn extra money?
(a) Taught English.
(b) Cooked at a diner.
(c) Sold men's clothes.
(d) Drove a cab.
3. How many mortgages did Joyce's father have to take out to support his family?
4. Who is the girl Joyce began to date in 1904?
(a) Laura Morgan.
(b) Siobbhan O'Meara.
(c) Audrey Spenser.
(d) Nora Barnacle.
5. Which one of Joyce's siblings worked with him at the school in Trieste?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Joyce's boss in the city in #41?
2. Joyce could not attend school in the city in #25 because the school wants the fees right away and __________________.
3. Joyce wrote a review of a play written by _________________ and received a complimentary letter from the playwright himself.
4. Which writer began to help Joyce with publishing his work?
5. Joyce searched for job vacancies at ______________________ throughout Europe.
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)