|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Pola, Rome, Trieste.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Joyce consider moving his family when he lost his job in Rome?
(c) Monte Carlo.
2. Joyce left Trieste and took a job _________________ in Rome.
(a) At a restaurant.
(b) At a publishing company.
(c) At a university.
(d) At a bank.
3. Joyce had a falling out with his old friend and replaced him with ____________________.
(a) Marcus Jameson.
(b) Patrick Connelly.
(c) Miguel Ramirez.
(d) Oliver Gogarty.
4. Which of Joyce's brothers died young?
5. The city in #43 is known for being _____________________.
(a) A cultural center.
(b) A port city.
(c) An ancient city.
(d) A poor city.
Short Answer Questions
1. What preparatory school did Joyce and his younger brother attend?
2. Joyce's father took special pride in the family's ______________________.
3. Who was Joyce's younger brother?
4. Who is the girl Joyce began to date in 1904?
5. Why had Joyce and Nora not yet married?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)