|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Pola, Rome, Trieste.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Joyce was working on stories that would become which book?
(a) Celtic Calamities.
(c) O'My Irish Heritage.
(d) In Flight.
2. Who was Joyce's younger brother?
3. Joyce was assured that he had a job waiting for him in which Italian city?
4. Joyce is a name of ________________ origin.
5. What was the name of the newspaper Joyce wanted to start?
(a) The Goblin.
(b) The Shamrock.
(c) The Standard.
(d) The Dubliner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was always an important source of inspiration for Joyce's literary works?
2. Which friend did Joyce make in college who remained a good friend for many years?
3. Why did Joyce's newspaper never take off?
4. The city in #43 is known for being _____________________.
5. Where did Joyce consider moving his family when he lost his job in Rome?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)