|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Pola, Rome, Trieste.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was NOT true about Joyce as a child?
(a) He was well-behaved.
(b) He was self-sufficient.
(c) He was nearsighted.
(d) He was sullen.
2. Why did Joyce eventually return home from Paris?
(a) He wanted to run for public office.
(b) He was homesick.
(c) His mother was ill.
(d) He wanted to teach in Ireland.
3. Why had Joyce and Nora not yet married?
(a) Nora was not sure she loved him.
(b) Joyce did not want to get married.
(c) They didn't have the money for a wedding.
(d) They wanted to rebel against society.
4. Joyce was working on stories that would become which book?
(a) In Flight.
(b) Celtic Calamities.
(c) O'My Irish Heritage.
5. What expensive item did Joyce buy for Nora in Galway?
(d) Fur coat.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children did Joyce's parents have?
2. Joyce left Trieste and took a job _________________ in Rome.
3. Who was the favorite child in the Joyce family?
4. What did Joyce forbid Nora to wear on the trip in #68?
5. What was the cause of the death of Joyce's brother?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)