|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Pola, Rome, Trieste.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Joyce was assured that he had a job waiting for him in which Italian city?
2. Which writer wrote to Joyce asking for some of Joyce's work to be included in an anthology?
(a) Ezra Pound.
(b) Henry David Thoreau.
(c) Ernest Hemingway.
(d) William Yeats.
3. Joyce left Trieste and took a job _________________ in Rome.
(a) At a publishing company.
(b) At a bank.
(c) At a restaurant.
(d) At a university.
4. In 1912 Joyce sent Nora and Lucia on a trip to __________________.
5. School records show that Joyce was punished for ______________________.
(b) Vulgar language.
(c) Being late.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city was Joyce born?
2. Which book of Joyce's was published in 1907 but for which he received no money?
3. How did Joyce choose to deal with his troubles?
4. What was the name of the newspaper Joyce wanted to start?
5. From what disease did Joyce's mother die?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)