|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Pola, Rome, Trieste.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the main character in Joyce's ULYSSES?
(a) Peter Gallagher.
(b) Leopold Bloom.
(c) Barry Connely.
(d) Harold Sloane.
2. What preparatory school did Joyce and his younger brother attend?
(b) St. Martin's.
3. What was always an important source of inspiration for Joyce's literary works?
4. What religion did the Joyce family practice?
5. What novel did Joyce begin to write in 1904?
(a) For Whom the Bell Tolls.
(b) Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man.
(c) Cheri and The Last of Cheri.
(d) From Here to Eternity.
Short Answer Questions
1. School records show that Joyce was punished for ______________________.
2. Where is Joyce transferred when he is forced to leave the position in #41?
3. Joyce briefly considered a career in _______________.
4. Where did Joyce consider moving his family when he lost his job in Rome?
5. From what disease did Joyce's mother die?
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)