|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Pola, Rome, Trieste.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children did Joyce's parents have?
2. Which of Joyce's brothers died young?
3. How did Joyce choose to deal with his troubles?
(a) He did drugs.
(b) He addressed them directly.
(c) He slept.
(d) He drank heavily.
4. Why did Joyce eventually return home from Paris?
(a) His mother was ill.
(b) He was homesick.
(c) He wanted to teach in Ireland.
(d) He wanted to run for public office.
5. Where did Joyce go when there was no position for him in Italy?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was NOT one of Joyce's activities in 1904?
2. Joyce briefly considered a career in _______________.
3. Who saved Joyce's draft of PORTRAIT OF THE ARTIST AS A YOUNG MAN when he tossed it into the fire?
4. Joyce left Trieste and took a job _________________ in Rome.
5. Where did Joyce go to further his studies?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)