|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Pola, Rome, Trieste.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Joyce always had a talent for __________________.
(d) Playing the violin.
2. Joyce was assured that he had a job waiting for him in which Italian city?
3. Which of the following was NOT one of Joyce's activities in 1904?
4. Which of the following was NOT true about Joyce as a child?
(a) He was well-behaved.
(b) He was sullen.
(c) He was nearsighted.
(d) He was self-sufficient.
5. Why had Joyce and Nora not yet married?
(a) Joyce did not want to get married.
(b) Nora was not sure she loved him.
(c) They didn't have the money for a wedding.
(d) They wanted to rebel against society.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Joyce's boss in the city in #41?
2. Why did Joyce's newspaper never take off?
3. What was always an important source of inspiration for Joyce's literary works?
4. Who was Joyce's mother?
5. The city in #43 is known for being _____________________.
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)