|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Pola, Rome, Trieste.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Joyce and Nora live in 1904?
2. The Joyces moved in with which family in Trieste?
3. Who is the girl Joyce began to date in 1904?
(a) Audrey Spenser.
(b) Nora Barnacle.
(c) Siobbhan O'Meara.
(d) Laura Morgan.
4. Who was the main character in Joyce's ULYSSES?
(a) Leopold Bloom.
(b) Peter Gallagher.
(c) Harold Sloane.
(d) Barry Connely.
5. Joyce briefly considered a career in _______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Joyces move when World War I broke out?
2. What was always an important source of inspiration for Joyce's literary works?
3. How did Joyce choose to deal with his troubles?
4. Who was the main character in the novel in #32?
5. Who was the London acquaintance who helped Joyce search for jobs?
This section contains 155 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)