|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Pola, Rome, Trieste.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Joyce's birthday?
(a) June 25 1860.
(b) September 15, 1865.
(c) May 7, 1907.
(d) February 2, 1882.
2. Who is the girl Joyce began to date in 1904?
(a) Nora Barnacle.
(b) Siobbhan O'Meara.
(c) Laura Morgan.
(d) Audrey Spenser.
3. Why had Joyce and Nora not yet married?
(a) They wanted to rebel against society.
(b) They didn't have the money for a wedding.
(c) Joyce did not want to get married.
(d) Nora was not sure she loved him.
4. Joyce searched for job vacancies at ______________________ throughout Europe.
(a) Berlitz schools.
(c) Travel agencies.
5. What did Joyce and Nora name their son?
Short Answer Questions
1. What expensive item did Joyce buy for Nora in Galway?
2. What religion did the Joyce family practice?
3. What word did the publisher have Joyce remove from DUBLINERS?
4. Which of Joyce's sisters came to live with him in Trieste?
5. How did Joyce choose to deal with his troubles?
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)