|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Pola, Rome, Trieste.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the favorite child in the Joyce family?
2. Why did Joyce have trouble finding housing in Trieste?
(a) He and Nora were not married and she was pregnant.
(b) He wanted something close to work.
(c) He could not afford the rent.
(d) He wanted a waterfront flat.
3. Who was Joyce's boss in the city in #41?
4. Which of the following was NOT true about Joyce as a child?
(a) He was sullen.
(b) He was self-sufficient.
(c) He was well-behaved.
(d) He was nearsighted.
5. What religion did the Joyce family practice?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many mortgages did Joyce's father have to take out to support his family?
2. Which of the following was NOT one of Joyce's activities in 1904?
3. What was the name of the newspaper Joyce wanted to start?
4. Which one of Joyce's siblings worked with him at the school in Trieste?
5. What did Joyce forbid Nora to wear on the trip in #68?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)