|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Pola, Rome, Trieste.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the main character in the novel in #32?
(a) John Paulus.
(b) David Trimble.
(c) Michael Collins.
(d) Stephen Hero.
2. What did Joyce consider to be life's most important relationship?
(a) Between father and son.
(b) Between husband and wife.
(c) Between brothers.
(d) Between mother and child.
3. Joyce could not attend school in the city in #25 because the school wants the fees right away and __________________.
(a) He is not a French citizen.
(b) He is too young.
(c) He does not have the academic credits.
(d) His French is not good enough.
4. Who was Joyce's governess?
(a) Mrs. Heiby.
(b) Mrs. O'Hara.
(c) Mrs. Collins.
(d) Mrs. Dante.
5. Where did Joyce go to college?
(a) Oxford University.
(b) Trinity College.
(c) University College.
(d) Griffith College.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many mortgages did Joyce's father have to take out to support his family?
2. Which of Joyce's sisters came to live with him in Trieste?
3. Where did the Joyces move when World War I broke out?
4. Why did Joyce eventually return home from Paris?
5. Joyce is a name of ________________ origin.
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)