|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Pola, Rome, Trieste.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Joyce go to further his studies?
2. Why did Joyce's newspaper never take off?
(a) He got ill.
(b) He left for Vienna.
(c) He couldn't get funding.
(d) His father died.
3. What was always an important source of inspiration for Joyce's literary works?
4. Joyce was working on stories that would become which book?
(a) Celtic Calamities.
(c) In Flight.
(d) O'My Irish Heritage.
5. Where did Joyce and Nora live in 1904?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Joyce's father?
2. What religion did the Joyce family practice?
3. In what city was Joyce born?
4. Who was the London acquaintance who helped Joyce search for jobs?
5. Who was the publisher who agreed to print DUBLINERS?
This section contains 143 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)