|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Pola, Rome, Trieste.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was one of Joyce's two main goals in 1909?
(a) To learn how to sail.
(b) To visit Russia.
(c) To travel the world.
(d) To become a professor.
2. Joyce had physical problems with iritis and _________________.
(b) Heart palpitations.
3. Who was Joyce's governess?
(a) Mrs. O'Hara.
(b) Mrs. Dante.
(c) Mrs. Collins.
(d) Mrs. Heiby.
4. Who was the main character in Joyce's ULYSSES?
(a) Leopold Bloom.
(b) Harold Sloane.
(c) Peter Gallagher.
(d) Barry Connely.
5. Joyce is a name of ________________ origin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Joyce's boss in the city in #41?
2. Why did Joyce eventually return home from Paris?
3. Where did Joyce consider moving his family when he lost his job in Rome?
4. Which writer wrote to Joyce asking for some of Joyce's work to be included in an anthology?
5. Joyce briefly considered a career in _______________.
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)