|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Pola, Rome, Trieste.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Joyce forbid Nora to wear on the trip in #68?
(a) A fur coat.
(b) High heels.
(c) A wedding band.
(d) Diamond earrings.
2. Who was Joyce's governess?
(a) Mrs. Collins.
(b) Mrs. Heiby.
(c) Mrs. O'Hara.
(d) Mrs. Dante.
3. Joyce left Trieste and took a job _________________ in Rome.
(a) At a university.
(b) At a publishing company.
(c) At a restaurant.
(d) At a bank.
4. What religion did the Joyce family practice?
5. When was Joyce's birthday?
(a) September 15, 1865.
(b) May 7, 1907.
(c) June 25 1860.
(d) February 2, 1882.
Short Answer Questions
1. The city in #43 is known for being _____________________.
2. The Joyces moved in with which family in Trieste?
3. How many children did Joyce's parents have?
4. Why did Joyce's newspaper never take off?
5. Why did the manager of the school love Joyce?
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)