|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Pola, Rome, Trieste.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What novel did Joyce begin to write in 1904?
(a) For Whom the Bell Tolls.
(b) Cheri and The Last of Cheri.
(c) Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man.
(d) From Here to Eternity.
2. Who was the London acquaintance who helped Joyce search for jobs?
(a) Miss Sloane.
(b) Miss O'Hara.
(c) Miss Galloway.
(d) Miss Gilfrod.
3. Joyce wrote a review of a play written by _________________ and received a complimentary letter from the playwright himself.
4. Why had Joyce and Nora not yet married?
(a) They didn't have the money for a wedding.
(b) They wanted to rebel against society.
(c) Joyce did not want to get married.
(d) Nora was not sure she loved him.
5. Joyce briefly considered a career in _______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Joyce's father?
2. Who was Joyce's younger brother?
3. Where did Joyce go to college?
4. In 1912 Joyce sent Nora and Lucia on a trip to __________________.
5. Where did Joyce and Nora live in 1904?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)