|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Pola, Rome, Trieste.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Joyce's brothers died young?
2. Which friend did Joyce make in college who remained a good friend for many years?
3. What word did the publisher have Joyce remove from DUBLINERS?
4. What did Joyce forbid Nora to wear on the trip in #68?
(a) A wedding band.
(b) High heels.
(c) Diamond earrings.
(d) A fur coat.
5. What was always an important source of inspiration for Joyce's literary works?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Joyce and Nora live in 1904?
2. Joyce left Trieste and took a job _________________ in Rome.
3. What was one of Joyce's two main goals in 1909?
4. Joyce could be categorized as ____________________.
5. How many children did Joyce's parents have?
This section contains 158 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)