|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Pola, Rome, Trieste.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Joyce's younger brother?
2. Who was the main character in the novel in #32?
(a) David Trimble.
(b) Michael Collins.
(c) Stephen Hero.
(d) John Paulus.
3. Where did the Joyces move when World War I broke out?
4. School records show that Joyce was punished for ______________________.
(a) Being late.
(b) Vulgar language.
5. What novel did Joyce begin to write in 1904?
(a) For Whom the Bell Tolls.
(b) From Here to Eternity.
(c) Cheri and The Last of Cheri.
(d) Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was NOT one of Joyce's activities in 1904?
2. What was always an important source of inspiration for Joyce's literary works?
3. What was one of Joyce's two main goals in 1909?
4. Which friend did Joyce make in college who remained a good friend for many years?
5. Where did Joyce go to college?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)