|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Pola, Rome, Trieste.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Joyce's father took special pride in the family's ______________________.
(b) Red hair.
(d) Coat of arms.
2. Who is the girl Joyce began to date in 1904?
(a) Siobbhan O'Meara.
(b) Laura Morgan.
(c) Nora Barnacle.
(d) Audrey Spenser.
3. Who was the favorite child in the Joyce family?
4. Joyce wrote a review of a play written by _________________ and received a complimentary letter from the playwright himself.
5. Joyce searched for job vacancies at ______________________ throughout Europe.
(a) Travel agencies.
(c) Berlitz schools.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Joyce's boss in the city in #41?
2. Joyce had a falling out with his old friend and replaced him with ____________________.
3. Where did the Joyces move when World War I broke out?
4. Who was Joyce's governess?
5. What word did the publisher have Joyce remove from DUBLINERS?
This section contains 155 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)