|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Pola, Rome, Trieste.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Joyce left Trieste and took a job _________________ in Rome.
(a) At a bank.
(b) At a university.
(c) At a publishing company.
(d) At a restaurant.
2. What was the name of the newspaper Joyce wanted to start?
(a) The Dubliner.
(b) The Shamrock.
(c) The Standard.
(d) The Goblin.
3. Who was the favorite child in the Joyce family?
4. Which of the following was NOT one of Joyce's activities in 1904?
5. Joyce was assured that he had a job waiting for him in which Italian city?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Joyce transferred when he is forced to leave the position in #41?
2. Which friend did Joyce make in college who remained a good friend for many years?
3. From what disease did Joyce's mother die?
4. Which of the following is NOT true about Joyce's younger brother?
5. Which writer wrote to Joyce asking for some of Joyce's work to be included in an anthology?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)