|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Pola, Rome, Trieste.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was NOT true about Joyce as a child?
(a) He was nearsighted.
(b) He was well-behaved.
(c) He was self-sufficient.
(d) He was sullen.
2. What did Joyce consider to be life's most important relationship?
(a) Between brothers.
(b) Between father and son.
(c) Between husband and wife.
(d) Between mother and child.
3. What was the name of the theater that Joyce established?
(a) The Volta.
(b) The Standard.
(c) The Phoenix.
(d) The Guild.
4. What expensive item did Joyce buy for Nora in Galway?
(b) Fur coat.
5. Which one of Joyce's siblings worked with him at the school in Trieste?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Joyce's governess?
2. In what city was Joyce born?
3. Joyce is a name of ________________ origin.
4. What did Joyce and Nora name their new daughter?
5. Which writer wrote to Joyce asking for some of Joyce's work to be included in an anthology?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)