Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Pola, Rome, Trieste.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What expensive item did Joyce buy for Nora in Galway?
(a) Fur coat.
2. School records show that Joyce was punished for ______________________.
(b) Vulgar language.
(d) Being late.
3. Who was Joyce's younger brother?
4. What novel did Joyce begin to write in 1904?
(a) For Whom the Bell Tolls.
(b) Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man.
(c) Cheri and The Last of Cheri.
(d) From Here to Eternity.
5. What did Joyce forbid Nora to wear on the trip in #68?
(a) High heels.
(b) A wedding band.
(c) Diamond earrings.
(d) A fur coat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Joyce always had a talent for __________________.
2. Why had Joyce and Nora not yet married?
3. Where did Joyce go to further his studies?
4. What was always an important source of inspiration for Joyce's literary works?
5. Who is the girl Joyce began to date in 1904?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)