|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: Zurich.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city was Joyce born?
2. What word did the publisher have Joyce remove from DUBLINERS?
3. What was one of Joyce's two main goals in 1909?
(a) To visit Russia.
(b) To learn how to sail.
(c) To travel the world.
(d) To become a professor.
4. Joyce is a name of ________________ origin.
5. How did Joyce choose to deal with his troubles?
(a) He addressed them directly.
(b) He drank heavily.
(c) He did drugs.
(d) He slept.
Short Answer Questions
1. What expensive item did Joyce buy for Nora in Galway?
2. Who was Joyce's governess?
3. Joyce had major health issues with which part of his body?
4. Which of the following is NOT true about Joyce's younger brother?
5. Why did Joyce have trouble finding housing in Trieste?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)