|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: Zurich.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city was Joyce born?
2. Who sent the Joyces some money to help them for a bit?
(a) Nora's uncle.
(b) Joyce's uncle.
(c) Joyce's father.
(d) Nora's sister.
3. Why had Joyce and Nora not yet married?
(a) They wanted to rebel against society.
(b) Nora was not sure she loved him.
(c) They didn't have the money for a wedding.
(d) Joyce did not want to get married.
4. Joyce is a name of ________________ origin.
5. What preparatory school did Joyce and his younger brother attend?
(d) St. Martin's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Joyce's governess?
2. How many mortgages did Joyce's father have to take out to support his family?
3. Joyce wrote a review of a play written by _________________ and received a complimentary letter from the playwright himself.
4. What grant did Joyce receive that helped the family financially for awhile?
5. Who was the main character in the novel in #32?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)