|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: Zurich.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Joyce spend much of his time from 1916 to 1918?
(c) Cafes and clubs.
(d) The seaside.
2. Who was the publisher who agreed to print DUBLINERS?
(a) Edward Sloane.
(b) Grant Richard.
(c) Patrick Shannon.
(d) Morris Stanton.
3. Who sent the Joyces some money to help them for a bit?
(a) Nora's uncle.
(b) Joyce's father.
(c) Joyce's uncle.
(d) Nora's sister.
4. What preparatory school did Joyce and his younger brother attend?
(b) St. Martin's.
5. What religion did the Joyce family practice?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Joyce consider moving his family when he lost his job in Rome?
2. Why had Joyce and Nora not yet married?
3. Who did Joyce attempt to seduce when Nora was on vacation?
4. With whom did the Joyce family share an apartment?
5. What did Joyce read to get inspiration for his writing in 1918?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)