|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: Zurich.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Joyce and Nora name their new daughter?
2. Who was the favorite child in the Joyce family?
3. By 1915, how many years had the Joyces spent in Trieste?
4. What grant did Joyce receive that helped the family financially for awhile?
(a) Royal Literature Fund grant.
(b) Irish Republic grant.
(c) Trieste Arts Council grant.
(d) Dublin University grant.
5. Which of the following was NOT true about Joyce as a child?
(a) He was well-behaved.
(b) He was self-sufficient.
(c) He was sullen.
(d) He was nearsighted.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job did Joyce do when the family returned to Trieste in 1919?
2. Who was Joyce's younger brother?
3. Who was the London acquaintance who helped Joyce search for jobs?
4. By 1918, Giorgio excelled at singing and ________________.
5. Why did Joyce eventually return home from Paris?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)