|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: Zurich.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1912 Joyce sent Nora and Lucia on a trip to __________________.
2. Where did Joyce consider moving his family when he lost his job in Rome?
(a) Monte Carlo.
3. Joyce left Trieste and took a job _________________ in Rome.
(a) At a bank.
(b) At a university.
(c) At a publishing company.
(d) At a restaurant.
4. Which of the following is NOT true about Joyce's younger brother?
(a) He was athletic.
(b) He was determined.
(c) He was artistic.
(d) He was blunt.
5. Joyce searched for job vacancies at ______________________ throughout Europe.
(b) Berlitz schools.
(c) Travel agencies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Joyce always had a talent for __________________.
2. Which of Joyce's sisters came to live with him in Trieste?
3. Why did the manager of the school love Joyce?
4. What grant did Joyce receive that helped the family financially for awhile?
5. Joyce briefly considered a career in _______________.
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)