|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: Zurich.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the girl Joyce began to date in 1904?
(a) Laura Morgan.
(b) Nora Barnacle.
(c) Siobbhan O'Meara.
(d) Audrey Spenser.
2. How many mortgages did Joyce's father have to take out to support his family?
3. What language did the Joyces speak among themselves?
4. Joyce always had a talent for __________________.
(d) Playing the violin.
5. What was the name of the newspaper Joyce wanted to start?
(a) The Shamrock.
(b) The Standard.
(c) The Goblin.
(d) The Dubliner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Joyce's mother?
2. Why did Joyce eventually return home from Paris?
3. Joyce had major health issues with which part of his body?
4. What job did Joyce do when the family returned to Trieste in 1919?
5. The city in #43 is known for being _____________________.
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)