|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: Zurich.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which book of Joyce's was published in 1907 but for which he received no money?
(a) My Father's Song.
(d) Chamber Music.
2. Who was the neighboring woman with whom Joyce had an affair in 1918?
(a) Julia Galloway.
(b) Estelle Grammercy.
(c) Martha Fleischmann.
(d) Celestine Morrow.
3. What was the name of the theater that Joyce established?
(a) The Volta.
(b) The Standard.
(c) The Guild.
(d) The Phoenix.
4. Which of Joyce's brothers died young?
5. To what work did Joyce devote himself in 1915?
(a) Chamber Music.
(b) Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Joyce's newspaper never take off?
2. Joyce had a falling out with his old friend and replaced him with ____________________.
3. Which writer began to help Joyce with publishing his work?
4. Where is Joyce transferred when he is forced to leave the position in #41?
5. Joyce left Trieste and took a job _________________ in Rome.
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)