|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: Zurich.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Joyce consider to be life's most important relationship?
(a) Between husband and wife.
(b) Between mother and child.
(c) Between father and son.
(d) Between brothers.
2. Who was the favorite child in the Joyce family?
3. Who was the London acquaintance who helped Joyce search for jobs?
(a) Miss O'Hara.
(b) Miss Sloane.
(c) Miss Gilfrod.
(d) Miss Galloway.
4. What was the cause of the death of Joyce's brother?
(a) Boating accident.
(b) Typhoid Fever.
5. What was the name of the theater that Joyce established?
(a) The Standard.
(b) The Volta.
(c) The Phoenix.
(d) The Guild.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the main character in Joyce's ULYSSES?
2. Joyce had physical problems with iritis and _________________.
3. What preparatory school did Joyce and his younger brother attend?
4. Why did printers refuse to publish PORTRAIT OF THE ARTIST AS A YOUNG MAN?
5. Where did Joyce go to college?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)