|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: Zurich.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Joyce had eye surgery in which city?
2. Why did many of Joyce's students pay him but not take lessons?
(a) Just to satisfy their parents.
(b) Just as a prank.
(c) Just to give him financial support.
(d) Just to please their teachers.
3. What was the cause of the death of Joyce's brother?
(a) Typhoid Fever.
(b) Boating accident.
4. What did Joyce forbid Nora to wear on the trip in #68?
(a) A wedding band.
(b) High heels.
(c) A fur coat.
(d) Diamond earrings.
5. What was the name of the newspaper Joyce wanted to start?
(a) The Goblin.
(b) The Standard.
(c) The Dubliner.
(d) The Shamrock.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why had Joyce and Nora not yet married?
2. Which of the following was NOT true about Joyce as a child?
3. What was always an important source of inspiration for Joyce's literary works?
4. What novel did Joyce begin to write in 1904?
5. What was Joyce's favorite alcoholic beverage?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)