|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: Zurich.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Joyce spend much of his time from 1916 to 1918?
(b) The seaside.
(d) Cafes and clubs.
2. What was the only play that Joyce ever wrote?
(c) Street Song.
3. What was the profession of the man in #88?
4. Why did many of Joyce's students pay him but not take lessons?
(a) Just to satisfy their parents.
(b) Just to give him financial support.
(c) Just as a prank.
(d) Just to please their teachers.
5. Who was the publisher who took on Ulysses in book form?
(a) David McGuire.
(b) Margaret Howth.
(c) Cynthia Sloane.
(d) Harriet Weaver.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of Joyce's siblings worked with him at the school in Trieste?
2. The reactions of Joyce's friends to his first drafts of ULYSSES were ___________________.
3. What did Ezra Pound send to Joyce in his diminished state?
4. What was the cause of the death of Joyce's brother?
5. Joyce briefly considered a career in _______________.
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)