|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: Zurich.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the newspaper Joyce wanted to start?
(a) The Goblin.
(b) The Standard.
(c) The Dubliner.
(d) The Shamrock.
2. Joyce's father took special pride in the family's ______________________.
(b) Red hair.
(d) Coat of arms.
3. Which of the following was NOT one of Joyce's activities in 1904?
4. Joyce had a falling out with his old friend and replaced him with ____________________.
(a) Oliver Gogarty.
(b) Miguel Ramirez.
(c) Marcus Jameson.
(d) Patrick Connelly.
5. Which actor in the play in #97 brought a lawsuit against Joyce?
(a) Sean Grady.
(b) Avery Galloway.
(c) Henry Carr.
(d) Harold Morrison.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ezra Pound send to Joyce in his diminished state?
2. Who saved Joyce's draft of PORTRAIT OF THE ARTIST AS A YOUNG MAN when he tossed it into the fire?
3. How many children did Joyce's parents have?
4. Where did Joyce go to further his studies?
5. What was the profession of the man in #88?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)