|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: Zurich.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Joyce's governess?
(a) Mrs. Collins.
(b) Mrs. O'Hara.
(c) Mrs. Heiby.
(d) Mrs. Dante.
2. How did Joyce choose to deal with his troubles?
(a) He addressed them directly.
(b) He slept.
(c) He drank heavily.
(d) He did drugs.
3. The Joyces moved in with which family in Trieste?
4. What was the name of the newspaper Joyce wanted to start?
(a) The Shamrock.
(b) The Goblin.
(c) The Standard.
(d) The Dubliner.
5. Joyce's father took special pride in the family's ______________________.
(a) Coat of arms.
(b) Red hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language did the Joyces speak among themselves?
2. In what city was Joyce born?
3. School records show that Joyce was punished for ______________________.
4. Who was the main character in Joyce's ULYSSES?
5. Who saved Joyce's draft of PORTRAIT OF THE ARTIST AS A YOUNG MAN when he tossed it into the fire?
This section contains 156 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)