|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: Zurich.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Joyce's brothers died young?
2. What grant did Joyce receive to help support his family?
(a) Universita Italia grant.
(b) Edinburgh Scholars grant.
(c) Irish Heritage grant.
(d) Civil List grant.
3. With whom did the Joyce family share an apartment?
(a) Edward Sloane.
(b) Philipp Janach.
(c) Steven Donnely.
(d) Marcus Garibaldi.
4. Why did Joyce's newspaper never take off?
(a) His father died.
(b) He left for Vienna.
(c) He couldn't get funding.
(d) He got ill.
5. Why had Joyce and Nora not yet married?
(a) Joyce did not want to get married.
(b) Nora was not sure she loved him.
(c) They didn't have the money for a wedding.
(d) They wanted to rebel against society.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which writer wrote to Joyce asking for some of Joyce's work to be included in an anthology?
2. School records show that Joyce was punished for ______________________.
3. Where did Joyce spend much of his time from 1916 to 1918?
4. Which of the following was NOT an illness suffered by Joyce?
5. To what work did Joyce devote himself in 1915?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)