|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: Zurich.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Joyce consider moving his family when he lost his job in Rome?
(c) Monte Carlo.
2. What was the cause of the death of Joyce's brother?
(c) Boating accident.
(d) Typhoid Fever.
3. Which of the following is NOT true about Joyce's younger brother?
(a) He was blunt.
(b) He was artistic.
(c) He was athletic.
(d) He was determined.
4. With whom did the Joyce family share an apartment?
(a) Philipp Janach.
(b) Steven Donnely.
(c) Edward Sloane.
(d) Marcus Garibaldi.
5. Why had Joyce and Nora not yet married?
(a) They wanted to rebel against society.
(b) Nora was not sure she loved him.
(c) They didn't have the money for a wedding.
(d) Joyce did not want to get married.
Short Answer Questions
1. Joyce could be categorized as ____________________.
2. Where is Joyce transferred when he is forced to leave the position in #41?
3. What did Joyce read to get inspiration for his writing in 1918?
4. Joyce searched for job vacancies at ______________________ throughout Europe.
5. Joyce could not attend school in the city in #25 because the school wants the fees right away and __________________.
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)