|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: Zurich.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What expensive item did Joyce buy for Nora in Galway?
(a) Fur coat.
2. Who was the main character in the novel in #32?
(a) Stephen Hero.
(b) John Paulus.
(c) Michael Collins.
(d) David Trimble.
3. The city in #43 is known for being _____________________.
(a) A port city.
(b) An ancient city.
(c) A poor city.
(d) A cultural center.
4. What novel did Joyce begin to write in 1904?
(a) From Here to Eternity.
(b) Cheri and The Last of Cheri.
(c) Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man.
(d) For Whom the Bell Tolls.
5. With whom did the Joyce family share an apartment?
(a) Philipp Janach.
(b) Marcus Garibaldi.
(c) Edward Sloane.
(d) Steven Donnely.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which actor in the play in #97 brought a lawsuit against Joyce?
2. Joyce had physical problems with iritis and _________________.
3. The Joyces moved in with which family in Trieste?
4. Where did the Joyces move when World War I broke out?
5. What play did Joyce produce?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)