|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: Paris.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people showed up for the first reading of ULYSSES?
2. Who announced his engagement in 1929?
3. Why did Joyce have trouble finding housing in Trieste?
(a) He wanted something close to work.
(b) He and Nora were not married and she was pregnant.
(c) He wanted a waterfront flat.
(d) He could not afford the rent.
4. What was the profession of the man in #88?
5. In 1923, Giorgio got a job as a _________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which book of Joyce's was published in 1907 but for which he received no money?
2. What was Joyce's favorite alcoholic beverage?
3. How did Joyce choose to deal with his troubles?
4. The city in #43 is known for being _____________________.
5. Where did the Joyces move when World War I broke out?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)