|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: Paris.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which author refused to subscribe to receive a copy of ULYSSES?
(a) Ezra Pound.
(b) William Yeats.
(c) George Bernard Shaw.
(d) Henry David Thoreau.
2. Joyce searched for job vacancies at ______________________ throughout Europe.
(a) Travel agencies.
(b) Berlitz schools.
3. What was the profession of the man in #88?
4. With whom did the Joyce family share an apartment?
(a) Steven Donnely.
(b) Marcus Garibaldi.
(c) Edward Sloane.
(d) Philipp Janach.
5. What did Joyce and Nora name their new daughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Joyce's play, EXILES, first performed?
2. What did Joyce forbid Nora to wear on the trip in #68?
3. Whose husband committed suicide in 1929?
4. The reactions of Joyce's friends to his first drafts of ULYSSES were ___________________.
5. Lucia was diagnosed as being a/an ____________________.
This section contains 145 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)