|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: Paris.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Joyce do to earn extra money?
(a) Sold men's clothes.
(b) Drove a cab.
(c) Cooked at a diner.
(d) Taught English.
2. What did Joyce and Nora name their son?
3. Why did many of Joyce's students pay him but not take lessons?
(a) Just to give him financial support.
(b) Just to satisfy their parents.
(c) Just to please their teachers.
(d) Just as a prank.
4. Which friend of Joyce's helped him produce a play?
5. What was one of Joyce's two main goals in 1909?
(a) To become a professor.
(b) To learn how to sail.
(c) To visit Russia.
(d) To travel the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose husband committed suicide in 1929?
2. What issue still continued to haunt Joyce in 1915?
3. A man named __________________ wanted to publish FINNEGAN'S WAKE in serial form.
4. Who continued to support Joyce in the 1922-1923 period?
5. What did Joyce read to get inspiration for his writing in 1918?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)