|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: Paris.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why had Joyce and Nora not yet married?
(a) They didn't have the money for a wedding.
(b) Joyce did not want to get married.
(c) They wanted to rebel against society.
(d) Nora was not sure she loved him.
2. In 1915, Joyce tried to publish _______________________ as a book rather than in excerpts.
(a) Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man.
(b) Chamber Music.
3. Where did Joyce go when there was no position for him in Italy?
4. In 1912 Joyce sent Nora and Lucia on a trip to __________________.
5. What did Joyce consider to be life's most important relationship?
(a) Between husband and wife.
(b) Between mother and child.
(c) Between father and son.
(d) Between brothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Joyces moved in with which family in Trieste?
2. What did Giorgio name his son?
3. By 1918, Giorgio excelled at singing and ________________.
4. What was the name of the magazine burned by post office censors for featuring some of Joyce's work?
5. Who saved Joyce's draft of PORTRAIT OF THE ARTIST AS A YOUNG MAN when he tossed it into the fire?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)