|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: Paris.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ULYSSES was translated into which language in 1929?
2. In 1912 Joyce sent Nora and Lucia on a trip to __________________.
3. Which writer wrote to Joyce asking for some of Joyce's work to be included in an anthology?
(a) Ernest Hemingway.
(b) William Yeats.
(c) Ezra Pound.
(d) Henry David Thoreau.
4. What did Joyce forbid Nora to wear on the trip in #68?
(a) High heels.
(b) A wedding band.
(c) A fur coat.
(d) Diamond earrings.
5. Which of the following was NOT true about Joyce in 1929?
(a) He had bad teeth.
(b) He was bedridden.
(c) He was almost blind.
(d) He weighed 112 pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Joyce's play, EXILES, first performed?
2. Who was the owner of the Shakespeare & Co. bookstore?
3. During 1922, Joyce came up with the idea for ____________________.
4. How many people showed up for the first reading of ULYSSES?
5. What does Lucia do that prompted the Joyces to finally send Lucia to an asylum?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)