|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: Paris.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Joyce and Nora live in 1904?
2. Whose husband committed suicide in 1929?
3. What did Joyce and Nora name their son?
4. What did Ezra Pound send to Joyce in his diminished state?
(d) Used clothes.
5. The reactions of Joyce's friends to his first drafts of ULYSSES were ___________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Joyce have trouble finding housing in Trieste?
2. Joyce left Trieste and took a job _________________ in Rome.
3. Who did Joyce attempt to seduce when Nora was on vacation?
4. What was Joyce's typical demeanor while with his children?
5. Who was the publisher who took on Ulysses in book form?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)