|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: Paris.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which noted psychiatrist wrote a disparaging letter to Joyce?
(a) Alfred Adler.
(b) Sigmund Freud.
(c) David A. Halperin.
(d) Carl Jung.
2. In the United States, ULYSSES is pirated by a man named ____________________.
(a) William Cohen.
(b) Samuel Roth.
(c) Gerald Morrison.
(d) Edward Smith.
3. In 1912 Joyce sent Nora and Lucia on a trip to __________________.
4. Joyce searched for job vacancies at ______________________ throughout Europe.
(a) Travel agencies.
(b) Berlitz schools.
5. Joyce could be categorized as ____________________.
(a) A philanthropist.
(b) A bohemian.
(c) A sociopath.
(d) A martyr.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who announced his engagement in 1929?
2. How did Joyce choose to deal with his troubles?
3. By 1915, how many years had the Joyces spent in Trieste?
4. The city in #43 is known for being _____________________.
5. Joyce was assured that he had a job waiting for him in which Italian city?
This section contains 156 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)