|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: Paris.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1923, Giorgio got a job as a _________________.
2. Where did Joyce spend much of his time from 1916 to 1918?
(a) The seaside.
(b) Cafes and clubs.
3. Which author refused to subscribe to receive a copy of ULYSSES?
(a) Ezra Pound.
(b) William Yeats.
(c) George Bernard Shaw.
(d) Henry David Thoreau.
4. Why did Joyce have trouble finding housing in Trieste?
(a) He could not afford the rent.
(b) He and Nora were not married and she was pregnant.
(c) He wanted a waterfront flat.
(d) He wanted something close to work.
5. Why did the manager of the school love Joyce?
(a) He always worked overtime.
(b) He was very witty.
(c) He brought in wealthy students.
(d) He took on more responsibilities.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Joyce's favorite alcoholic beverage?
2. Who saved Joyce's draft of PORTRAIT OF THE ARTIST AS A YOUNG MAN when he tossed it into the fire?
3. Who was the neighboring woman with whom Joyce had an affair in 1918?
4. What grant did Joyce receive to help support his family?
5. Who did Joyce determine should write his biography?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)