|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: Paris.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which author refused to subscribe to receive a copy of ULYSSES?
(a) William Yeats.
(b) George Bernard Shaw.
(c) Henry David Thoreau.
(d) Ezra Pound.
2. In 1912 Joyce sent Nora and Lucia on a trip to __________________.
3. The reactions of Joyce's friends to his first drafts of ULYSSES were ___________________.
4. Where did Joyce spend much of his time from 1916 to 1918?
(a) The seaside.
(c) Cafes and clubs.
5. What issue still continued to haunt Joyce in 1915?
(a) Health problems.
(b) Legal problems.
(c) Financial problems.
(d) Relationship problems.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the only play that Joyce ever wrote?
2. Who was the owner of the Shakespeare & Co. bookstore?
3. ULYSSES was translated into which language in 1929?
4. What grant did Joyce receive that helped the family financially for awhile?
5. What did Joyce consider to be life's most important relationship?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)