|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: Paris.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose husband committed suicide in 1929?
2. Joyce left Trieste and took a job _________________ in Rome.
(a) At a bank.
(b) At a publishing company.
(c) At a university.
(d) At a restaurant.
3. In what year did Joyce marry Nora?
4. What grant did Joyce receive that helped the family financially for awhile?
(a) Trieste Arts Council grant.
(b) Dublin University grant.
(c) Royal Literature Fund grant.
(d) Irish Republic grant.
5. Which one of Joyce's siblings worked with him at the school in Trieste?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which book of Joyce's was published in 1907 but for which he received no money?
2. Who saved Joyce's draft of PORTRAIT OF THE ARTIST AS A YOUNG MAN when he tossed it into the fire?
3. Which of Joyce's sisters came to live with him in Trieste?
4. Which actor in the play in #97 brought a lawsuit against Joyce?
5. Who became Joyce's unpaid secretary?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)