|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: Paris.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Joyce's sisters came to live with him in Trieste?
2. Joyce could be categorized as ____________________.
(a) A philanthropist.
(b) A martyr.
(c) A sociopath.
(d) A bohemian.
3. What did Joyce forbid Nora to wear on the trip in #68?
(a) Diamond earrings.
(b) High heels.
(c) A fur coat.
(d) A wedding band.
4. What did Joyce and Nora name their son?
5. Who was Joyce's boss in the city in #41?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Valery Larbaud?
2. Which one of Joyce's works appeared in the magazine in #112?
3. What word did the publisher have Joyce remove from DUBLINERS?
4. Which noted psychiatrist wrote a disparaging letter to Joyce?
5. What did Joyce do to earn extra money?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)