|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: Paris.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which noted psychiatrist wrote a disparaging letter to Joyce?
(a) Sigmund Freud.
(b) David A. Halperin.
(c) Alfred Adler.
(d) Carl Jung.
2. Which one of Joyce's siblings worked with him at the school in Trieste?
3. Who was the London acquaintance who helped Joyce search for jobs?
(a) Miss O'Hara.
(b) Miss Gilfrod.
(c) Miss Galloway.
(d) Miss Sloane.
4. In addition to eye problems, Joyce began to suffer with problems with his ___________________.
5. Joyce was working on stories that would become which book?
(a) Celtic Calamities.
(b) O'My Irish Heritage.
(c) In Flight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language did the Joyces speak among themselves?
2. Why did Joyce have trouble finding housing in Trieste?
3. Who was the neighboring woman with whom Joyce had an affair in 1918?
4. Who did Joyce determine should write his biography?
5. What was Charlotte Sauermann's profession?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)