|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: Paris.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Joyce go when there was no position for him in Italy?
2. Who was the main character in Joyce's ULYSSES?
(a) Harold Sloane.
(b) Leopold Bloom.
(c) Peter Gallagher.
(d) Barry Connely.
3. Which author refused to subscribe to receive a copy of ULYSSES?
(a) George Bernard Shaw.
(b) William Yeats.
(c) Ezra Pound.
(d) Henry David Thoreau.
4. What pursuit did Giorgio enjoy?
(a) Writing poetry.
5. Who was the owner of the Shakespeare & Co. bookstore?
(a) Margot Eliot.
(b) Madeline Krazinski.
(c) Anna Wintour.
(d) Sylvia Beach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job did Joyce do when the family returned to Trieste in 1919?
2. What did Joyce consider to be life's most important relationship?
3. Which friend of Joyce's helped him produce a play?
4. What was one of Joyce's two main goals in 1909?
5. Which one of Joyce's siblings worked with him at the school in Trieste?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)