|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: Paris.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A man named __________________ wanted to publish FINNEGAN'S WAKE in serial form.
2. What word did the publisher have Joyce remove from DUBLINERS?
3. Which book of Joyce's was published in 1907 but for which he received no money?
(a) Chamber Music.
(d) My Father's Song.
4. Who helped Joyce attain grants during this period?
(a) Ernest Hemingway.
(b) Ezra Pound.
(c) Edgar Allen Poe.
(d) Emily Dickinson.
5. Who became Joyce's unpaid secretary?
(a) David Sloane.
(b) Miguel Vasquez.
(c) Richard Galloway.
(d) Paul Leon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Joyce left Trieste and took a job _________________ in Rome.
2. What did Joyce once do at the end of a play to publicize a theater?
3. What language did the Joyces speak among themselves?
4. Where did Joyce and Nora live in 1904?
5. Joyce had eye surgery in which city?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)