1. What was always an important source of inspiration for Joyce's literary works?
2. Joyce's father took special pride in the family's ______________________.
(a) Coat of arms.
(b) Red hair.
3. Joyce is a name of ________________ origin.
4. Who was Joyce's father?
5. Who was Joyce's mother?
6. How many children did Joyce's parents have?
7. How many mortgages did Joyce's father have to take out to support his family?
8. When was Joyce's birthday?
(a) May 7, 1907.
(b) June 25 1860.
(c) September 15, 1865.
(d) February 2, 1882.
9. In what city was Joyce born?
10. Who was Joyce's governess?
(a) Mrs. Collins.
(b) Mrs. Dante.
(c) Mrs. O'Hara.
(d) Mrs. Heiby.
11. Which of the following was NOT true about Joyce as a child?
(a) He was self-sufficient.
(b) He was well-behaved.
(c) He was sullen.
(d) He was nearsighted.
12. School records show that Joyce was punished for ______________________.
(b) Vulgar language.
(c) Being late.
This section contains 3,061 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)