|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the Spider's father die?
2. Who killed Spider's aunt?
3. Where is the bait hidden once the seagulls come close to the peach?
4. What do the policemen do when they see the people on the peach?
5. Who does the Earthworm say she likes to benefit?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
James endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does James learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
What happened to Spider's aunt, and what message do you think the author was trying to send through the inclusion of that event in this story line?
Essay Topic 3
The old man introduces the theme of magic in this book. Where are some of the key places that this theme appears, and how do these events alter the plot of the book?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)