|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Cloud Men make rainbows?
2. What does James promise before he begins his plan to save the peach from the sharks?
3. What is the peach transformed into when it gets to the ground?
4. What makes the people on the peach panic as they get near the city?
5. Why is James the first one to come out of the peach?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Lady Bug do after the journey is over?
2. Where does James live when the journey is over?
3. What does the Centipede do at the end of the book?
4. What do the people in the city think is happening when they see the peach?
5. What do the Cloud Men spend all their time doing?
6. What do the creatures on the peach think when they see the rainbow being made?
7. Why is James so surprised when he sees the Cloud Men?
8. How does James calm the people in the city down when they see the giant insects?
9. How does Centipede get the rainbow paint off of him?
10. What makes the Cloud Men threaten to eat the people on the peach?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in the story, and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
James finds that for the first time since his parents died, there are people in his life whom he likes. List five of these people and explain what they did to earn James' sacred regard for them.
Essay Topic 3
What did James do to get the peach safely away from the sharks, and how did this idea change the entire form of the journey?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)