|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Centipede defend the peach against the Cloud Men?
2. What does the peach land on?
3. Who arranges the event that is held to welcome the insects?
4. Where are the Grasshopper's ears?
5. How does James prove how much he loves his new friends to the city people?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first thing the travelers notice about the city?
2. How does Centipede get the rainbow paint off of him?
3. What makes the Cloud Men threaten to eat the people on the peach?
4. What does the Centipede do at the end of the book?
5. What do the creatures on the peach think when they see the rainbow being made?
6. Where does James live when the journey is over?
7. What does the Centipede do to cheer up the Spider?
8. How is the Centipede freed from the paint that was spilled on him?
9. What job does the Glow Worm get when the journey is over?
10. Why is James so surprised when he sees the Cloud Men?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this book each had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
How do the magic beans affect the course of the plot, and what important cautions were given to those who used it?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)