|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do people in the city feel the way they do when they see the peach?
2. What does James plan to use as the bait for the seagulls?
3. Why are the people on the peach not aware of how the people in the city feel?
4. Why didn't the sharks do much damage to the peach?
5. How do people in the city feel when they see the peach?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Spider do to help her aunt before she died?
2. What does the Lady Bug do after the journey is over?
3. What is the first thing the travelers notice about the city?
4. How does James get the peach to get closer to the ground?
5. What do the travelers all do when they get panicky about getting close to the city?
6. What do the creatures on the peach think when they see the rainbow being made?
7. What makes the Cloud Men threaten to eat the people on the peach?
8. What do the Cloud Men spend all their time doing?
9. What do the people in the city think is happening when they see the peach?
10. Why is James so surprised when he sees the Cloud Men?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
What factual information was shared about the insects, and how did the inclusion of this information affect the plot and tone of the story?
Essay Topic 3
What happens to James at the the end of the book, and what deeper meanings does this event imply? How does this one event change James' life and perspective and why do you think the author placed this scene where he did?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)