|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who killed Spider's aunt?
2. What do city people think the people in the peach are?
3. Who on the ship sees the floating peach?
4. What event is held to welcome the insects?
5. How does James describe the music made by the Grasshopper?
Essay Topic 1
What happens to James at the the end of the book, and what deeper meanings does this event imply? How does this one event change James' life and perspective and why do you think the author placed this scene where he did?
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in the story, and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
Nature is an integral theme in this book and accounts for a great deal of the changes in plot direction. What are some of the places that nature appeared, and how did it work to alter the plot?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)