|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do city people think the people in the peach are?
2. How is the Centipede saved from what was spilled on?
3. How long does it take the insects to get down to the ground once the peach lands?
4. What does the Centipede do to try and cheer up the Spider?
5. What event is held to welcome the insects?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does James get the peach to get closer to the ground?
2. How does the peach get away from the water that the Cloud Men try to hurt the peach with?
3. How did Spider's aunt die?
4. Why does the Centipede yell at the Cloud Men?
5. What does the Centipede do at the end of the book?
6. What happened to the rainbow the Cloud Men were making?
7. What do the Cloud Men spend all their time doing?
8. What does the Centipede do to cheer up the Spider?
9. How did Spider's aunt die?
10. What is the first thing the travelers notice about the city?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Laughter and happiness is a common theme found in this book. Where does this come into play, and how does it affect the characters involved in these scenes?
Essay Topic 2
James endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does James learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)