|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Cloud Men make rainbows?
2. Who has a memory when the Centipede has something spilled on him?
3. Who saves the Centipede when he falls off the peach?
4. How is the peach brought to the ground?
5. Why does the Spider start to cry when she talks about herself?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Centipede get paint stuck on him?
2. Why does the Spider cry when she tells her story?
3. What do the people in the city think is happening when they see the peach?
4. What do the Cloud Men spend all their time doing?
5. How did Spider's aunt die?
6. How does James get the peach to get closer to the ground?
7. What does the Lady Bug teach James about himself?
8. What is the Centipede doing when paint is spilled on him?
9. What did Spider do to help her aunt before she died?
10. Where does James live when the journey is over?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this book each had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
What did James learn about himself from his interaction with the Spider, and how did these interaction cause him to change?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)