|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does James get the peach to get closer to the land?
2. Who is the first to see land from the peach?
3. What does James promise before he begins his plan to save the peach from the sharks?
4. Where is the bait hidden once the seagulls come close to the peach?
5. Why does the Spider start to cry when she talks about herself?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the travelers all do when they get panicky about getting close to the city?
2. What does the Centipede do at the end of the book?
3. What do the people in the city think is happening when they see the peach?
4. How does James get the peach to get closer to the ground?
5. Why is James so surprised when he sees the Cloud Men?
6. What happened to the rainbow the Cloud Men were making?
7. What makes the Cloud Men threaten to eat the people on the peach?
8. How does James calm the people in the city down when they see the giant insects?
9. What causes the travelers to get panicky as they get near to the city?
10. How does the peach get away from the water that the Cloud Men try to hurt the peach with?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Nature is an integral theme in this book and accounts for a great deal of the changes in plot direction. What are some of the places that nature appeared, and how did it work to alter the plot?
Essay Topic 2
How do the magic beans affect the course of the plot, and what important cautions were given to those who used it?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book each had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)