|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has a memory when the Centipede has something spilled on him?
2. Who saves the peach from the deluge of water?
3. What is the peach transformed into when it gets to the ground?
4. Why are the people on the peach not aware of how the people in the city feel?
5. What direction has the peach floated over?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reminds Spider of the death of her aunt?
2. What job does the Glow Worm get when the journey is over?
3. Why is James so surprised when he sees the Cloud Men?
4. What does the Centipede do to cheer up the Spider?
5. What makes the Cloud Men threaten to eat the people on the peach?
6. What did Spider do to help her aunt before she died?
7. How does the peach get away from the water that the Cloud Men try to hurt the peach with?
8. What is the Centipede doing when paint is spilled on him?
9. How is the Centipede freed from the paint that was spilled on him?
10. How does James get the peach to get closer to the ground?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What did James learn about himself from his interaction with the Spider, and how did these interaction cause him to change?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Laughter and happiness is a common theme found in this book. Where does this come into play, and how does it affect the characters involved in these scenes?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)