|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Spider start to cry when she talks about herself?
2. What do the critters in the peach do before the peach lands?
3. What does James promise before he begins his plan to save the peach from the sharks?
4. How does James break the rainbow?
5. Who dumps water on the peach?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes the Cloud Men threaten to eat the people on the peach?
2. How does Centipede get the rainbow paint off of him?
3. What do the travelers all do when they get panicky about getting close to the city?
4. What does the Centipede do at the end of the book?
5. How does James get the peach to get closer to the ground?
6. What did Spider do to help her aunt before she died?
7. Why does the Centipede yell at the Cloud Men?
8. What do the Cloud Men spend all their time doing?
9. How does James calm the people in the city down when they see the giant insects?
10. What does the Lady Bug do after the journey is over?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do the magic beans affect the course of the plot, and what important cautions were given to those who used it?
Essay Topic 2
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in two key settings. What are these two settings, and what are the main similarities and differences between them? How do these settings affect the outcome of the plot? Make sure to cite some examples from the book to support your ideas.
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)