|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Centipede do to try and cheer up the Spider?
2. Who does the Earthworm say she likes to benefit?
3. What are the insects greeted with when they get to the ground?
4. What does the Grasshopper do for the celebration for the small damage done by the sharks?
5. What do the Cloud Men make?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to the rainbow the Cloud Men were making?
2. How does the peach get away from the water that the Cloud Men try to hurt the peach with?
3. What does the Centipede do to cheer up the Spider?
4. What did Spider do to help her aunt before she died?
5. What is so mind boggling to James about the city he is about to land in?
6. Why does the Spider cry when she tells her story?
7. What does the Centipede do at the end of the book?
8. What causes the travelers to get panicky as they get near to the city?
9. What does the Spider do to make a living at the end of the book?
10. Why is James so surprised when he sees the Cloud Men?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What jobs do the insects take at the end of the book, and what led to them choosing those positions?
Essay Topic 2
Nature is an integral theme in this book and accounts for a great deal of the changes in plot direction. What are some of the places that nature appeared, and how did it work to alter the plot?
Essay Topic 3
James endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does James learn through these experiences?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)