|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the silkworm weave ropes for?
2. Who does the Lady bug like to benefit?
3. How does James break the rainbow?
4. What is the person on the ship who sees the floating peach accused of?
5. What does the Lady Bug say his spots indicate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Cloud Men spend all their time doing?
2. What causes the travelers to get panicky as they get near to the city?
3. What do the creatures on the peach think when they see the rainbow being made?
4. Why does the Centipede yell at the Cloud Men?
5. How does Centipede get paint stuck on him?
6. How is the Centipede freed from the paint that was spilled on him?
7. What happened to the rainbow the Cloud Men were making?
8. How does Centipede get the rainbow paint off of him?
9. What reminds Spider of the death of her aunt?
10. How does James get the peach to get closer to the ground?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
What did James do to get the peach safely away from the sharks, and how did this idea change the entire form of the journey?
Essay Topic 3
What happened to Spider's aunt, and what message do you think the author was trying to send through the inclusion of that event in this story line?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)