|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the people on the peach not aware of how the people in the city feel?
2. What does James plan to use as the bait for the seagulls?
3. How do people in the city feel when they see the peach?
4. What instrument does James compare the Grasshopper to?
5. Where does the Grasshopper get a job with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Spider cry when she tells her story?
2. How is the Centipede freed from the paint that was spilled on him?
3. What do the travelers all do when they get panicky about getting close to the city?
4. What does the Lady Bug teach James about himself?
5. How does the peach get away from the water that the Cloud Men try to hurt the peach with?
6. What does the Centipede do to cheer up the Spider?
7. How does Centipede get paint stuck on him?
8. What did Spider do to help her aunt before she died?
9. Where does James live when the journey is over?
10. What reminds Spider of the death of her aunt?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happens to James at the the end of the book, and what deeper meanings does this event imply? How does this one event change James' life and perspective and why do you think the author placed this scene where he did?
Essay Topic 2
What happened to Spider's aunt, and what message do you think the author was trying to send through the inclusion of that event in this story line?
Essay Topic 3
What did James do to get the peach safely away from the sharks, and how did this idea change the entire form of the journey?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)