|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event is held to welcome the insects?
2. What is the first thing noticed about the city below the peach?
3. Who does the silkworm weave ropes for?
4. How many seagulls are captured before the peach begins to float?
5. What does the Grasshopper use to make music?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Spider do to help her aunt before she died?
2. How does the peach get away from the water that the Cloud Men try to hurt the peach with?
3. What makes the Cloud Men threaten to eat the people on the peach?
4. How did Spider's aunt die?
5. How does Centipede get paint stuck on him?
6. How did Spider's aunt die?
7. How is the Centipede freed from the paint that was spilled on him?
8. What does the Centipede do to cheer up the Spider?
9. How does James calm the people in the city down when they see the giant insects?
10. Why does the Spider cry when she tells her story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do James and the Insects change through the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
Laughter and happiness is a common theme found in this book. Where does this come into play, and how does it affect the characters involved in these scenes?
Essay Topic 3
What did James learn about himself from his interaction with the Spider, and how did these interaction cause him to change?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)