|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ocean does the peach float over?
2. What does the peach land on?
3. How does the Centipede defend the peach against the Cloud Men?
4. How many seagulls total are captured?
5. Who dumps water on the peach?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Centipede get the rainbow paint off of him?
2. How did Spider's aunt die?
3. What reminds Spider of the death of her aunt?
4. What does the Lady Bug do after the journey is over?
5. What do the creatures on the peach think when they see the rainbow being made?
6. How did Spider's aunt die?
7. Why is James so surprised when he sees the Cloud Men?
8. How is the Centipede freed from the paint that was spilled on him?
9. How does James get the peach to get closer to the ground?
10. What does the Lady Bug teach James about himself?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What jobs do the insects take at the end of the book, and what led to them choosing those positions?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this book each had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)