|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who on the ship sees the floating peach?
2. What did Spider's aunt get stuck in?
3. What instrument does James compare the Grasshopper to?
4. How long does it take the insects to get down to the ground once the peach lands?
5. What do the critters in the peach do before the peach lands?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes the Cloud Men threaten to eat the people on the peach?
2. Why does the Spider cry when she tells her story?
3. What do the travelers all do when they get panicky about getting close to the city?
4. How does Centipede get the rainbow paint off of him?
5. What causes the travelers to get panicky as they get near to the city?
6. What happened to the rainbow the Cloud Men were making?
7. Why is James so surprised when he sees the Cloud Men?
8. What job does the Glow Worm get when the journey is over?
9. How did Spider's aunt die?
10. What does the Centipede do at the end of the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Laughter and happiness is a common theme found in this book. Where does this come into play, and how does it affect the characters involved in these scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
James endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does James learn through these experiences?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)