|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Earthworm say she likes to benefit?
2. What does the Spider make to help see the damage done by the sharks?
3. What kind of company does the Centipede start working for?
4. Where is the bait hidden once the seagulls come close to the peach?
5. What does the Lady Bug like to eat?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Spider's aunt die?
2. Why does the Spider cry when she tells her story?
3. How does the peach get away from the water that the Cloud Men try to hurt the peach with?
4. What do the creatures on the peach think when they see the rainbow being made?
5. How does James calm the people in the city down when they see the giant insects?
6. What reminds Spider of the death of her aunt?
7. What is the Centipede doing when paint is spilled on him?
8. What does the Spider do to make a living at the end of the book?
9. Where does James live when the journey is over?
10. How does Centipede get paint stuck on him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What did James learn about himself from his interaction with the Spider, and how did these interaction cause him to change?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
What jobs do the insects take at the end of the book, and what led to them choosing those positions?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)