|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the firefighters do when they see the people in the peach?
2. What does the Spider make to help see the damage done by the sharks?
3. What city does the peach land in?
4. Who does the Lady bug like to benefit?
5. What does the Centipede do to try and cheer up the Spider?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Centipede do to cheer up the Spider?
2. How does James calm the people in the city down when they see the giant insects?
3. What does the Centipede do at the end of the book?
4. Why is James so surprised when he sees the Cloud Men?
5. What happened to the rainbow the Cloud Men were making?
6. What do the people in the city think is happening when they see the peach?
7. What is so mind boggling to James about the city he is about to land in?
8. How does the peach get away from the water that the Cloud Men try to hurt the peach with?
9. What does the Lady Bug teach James about himself?
10. Why does the Centipede yell at the Cloud Men?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The old man introduces the theme of magic in this book. Where are some of the key places that this theme appears, and how do these events alter the plot of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Nature is an integral theme in this book and accounts for a great deal of the changes in plot direction. What are some of the places that nature appeared, and how did it work to alter the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)