|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Earthworm like to eat?
2. Who does the silkworm weave ropes for?
3. Who offers words of comfort when the people on the peach start panicking as they near the city?
4. What do people in the city think the floating peach is?
5. What are the insects greeted with when they get to the ground?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reminds Spider of the death of her aunt?
2. What do the Cloud Men spend all their time doing?
3. What does the Spider do to make a living at the end of the book?
4. How did Spider's aunt die?
5. How does Centipede get paint stuck on him?
6. What job does the Glow Worm get when the journey is over?
7. Where does James live when the journey is over?
8. How does the peach get away from the water that the Cloud Men try to hurt the peach with?
9. What does the Lady Bug teach James about himself?
10. What does the Lady Bug do after the journey is over?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What jobs do the insects take at the end of the book, and what led to them choosing those positions?
Essay Topic 2
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
The old man introduces the theme of magic in this book. Where are some of the key places that this theme appears, and how do these events alter the plot of the book?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)