|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the policemen think the giant peach is?
2. What does the Grasshopper do for the celebration for the small damage done by the sharks?
3. Who saves the Centipede when he falls off the peach?
4. Who has a memory when the Centipede has something spilled on him?
5. What country does the peach land in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Centipede yell at the Cloud Men?
2. How does the peach get away from the water that the Cloud Men try to hurt the peach with?
3. How does Centipede get paint stuck on him?
4. What is so mind boggling to James about the city he is about to land in?
5. What causes the travelers to get panicky as they get near to the city?
6. What happened to the rainbow the Cloud Men were making?
7. What reminds Spider of the death of her aunt?
8. Why does the Spider cry when she tells her story?
9. How does James calm the people in the city down when they see the giant insects?
10. How does Centipede get the rainbow paint off of him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do the magic beans affect the course of the plot, and what important cautions were given to those who used it?
Essay Topic 2
What jobs do the insects take at the end of the book, and what led to them choosing those positions?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in two key settings. What are these two settings, and what are the main similarities and differences between them? How do these settings affect the outcome of the plot? Make sure to cite some examples from the book to support your ideas.
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)