|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first to see land from the peach?
2. Who has a memory when the Centipede has something spilled on him?
3. How is the peach brought to the ground?
4. What city did the peach start out in?
5. How does James prove how much he loves his new friends to the city people?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the people in the city think is happening when they see the peach?
2. Why does the Centipede yell at the Cloud Men?
3. What do the creatures on the peach think when they see the rainbow being made?
4. How does the peach get away from the water that the Cloud Men try to hurt the peach with?
5. How does James calm the people in the city down when they see the giant insects?
6. What is the first thing the travelers notice about the city?
7. How does James get the peach to get closer to the ground?
8. How is the Centipede freed from the paint that was spilled on him?
9. How does Centipede get the rainbow paint off of him?
10. What reminds Spider of the death of her aunt?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The old man introduces the theme of magic in this book. Where are some of the key places that this theme appears, and how do these events alter the plot of the book?
Essay Topic 2
What did James learn about himself from his interaction with the Spider, and how did these interaction cause him to change?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)