|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who captures each of the seagulls?
2. What city does the peach land in?
3. What do the critters in the peach do before the peach lands?
4. How does James get the peach to get closer to the land?
5. What do city people think the people in the peach are?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Spider do to help her aunt before she died?
2. What is so mind boggling to James about the city he is about to land in?
3. What happened to the rainbow the Cloud Men were making?
4. What do the people in the city think is happening when they see the peach?
5. What does the Centipede do to cheer up the Spider?
6. Why does the Spider cry when she tells her story?
7. What reminds Spider of the death of her aunt?
8. What is the Centipede doing when paint is spilled on him?
9. How does Centipede get paint stuck on him?
10. Why does the Centipede yell at the Cloud Men?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Nature is an integral theme in this book and accounts for a great deal of the changes in plot direction. What are some of the places that nature appeared, and how did it work to alter the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)