|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does James describe the insects to all the city people?
2. How do the insects celebrate the small damage done by the sharks?
3. What kind of company does the Centipede start working for?
4. What month did Spider's aunt die in?
5. Who does the silkworm weave ropes for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Cloud Men spend all their time doing?
2. What do the people in the city think is happening when they see the peach?
3. What does the Centipede do to cheer up the Spider?
4. How does Centipede get paint stuck on him?
5. Why does the Spider cry when she tells her story?
6. What is the Centipede doing when paint is spilled on him?
7. What does the Lady Bug teach James about himself?
8. What do the creatures on the peach think when they see the rainbow being made?
9. How does James get the peach to get closer to the ground?
10. What did Spider do to help her aunt before she died?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The old man introduces the theme of magic in this book. Where are some of the key places that this theme appears, and how do these events alter the plot of the book?
Essay Topic 2
James endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does James learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
How do James and the Insects change through the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)