|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who saves the peach from the deluge of water?
2. Why does the Spider start to cry when she talks about herself?
3. What does the Lady Bug like to eat?
4. What makes the people on the peach panic as they get near the city?
5. Who saves the Centipede when he falls off the peach?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does James calm the people in the city down when they see the giant insects?
2. How does Centipede get the rainbow paint off of him?
3. What job does the Glow Worm get when the journey is over?
4. How does the peach get away from the water that the Cloud Men try to hurt the peach with?
5. What do the travelers all do when they get panicky about getting close to the city?
6. How does James get the peach to get closer to the ground?
7. What reminds Spider of the death of her aunt?
8. What does the Spider do to make a living at the end of the book?
9. What is the Centipede doing when paint is spilled on him?
10. How does Centipede get paint stuck on him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do the magic beans affect the course of the plot, and what important cautions were given to those who used it?
Essay Topic 2
James finds that for the first time since his parents died, there are people in his life whom he likes. List five of these people and explain what they did to earn James' sacred regard for them.
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)