|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who on the ship sees the floating peach?
2. What do people in the city think the floating peach is?
3. How do the insects celebrate the small damage done by the sharks?
4. What do the Cloud Men do when they are yelled at?
5. What do the insects do when the Grasshopper is done making his music?
Short Essay Questions
1. What job does the Glow Worm get when the journey is over?
2. What do the people in the city think is happening when they see the peach?
3. Where does James live when the journey is over?
4. How does the peach get away from the water that the Cloud Men try to hurt the peach with?
5. What does the Centipede do at the end of the book?
6. What is the Centipede doing when paint is spilled on him?
7. Why does the Spider cry when she tells her story?
8. What happened to the rainbow the Cloud Men were making?
9. How does James calm the people in the city down when they see the giant insects?
10. What do the travelers all do when they get panicky about getting close to the city?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
What factual information was shared about the insects, and how did the inclusion of this information affect the plot and tone of the story?
Essay Topic 3
James finds that for the first time since his parents died, there are people in his life whom he likes. List five of these people and explain what they did to earn James' sacred regard for them.
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)