|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Cloud Men make?
2. What does the Lady Bug say his spots indicate?
3. How does James get the peach to get closer to the land?
4. How does James prove how much he loves his new friends to the city people?
5. What country does the peach land in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the people in the city think is happening when they see the peach?
2. What is the first thing the travelers notice about the city?
3. What does the Spider do to make a living at the end of the book?
4. What is the Centipede doing when paint is spilled on him?
5. Where does James live when the journey is over?
6. How is the Centipede freed from the paint that was spilled on him?
7. What does the Lady Bug do after the journey is over?
8. What does the Lady Bug teach James about himself?
9. What does the Centipede do at the end of the book?
10. Why does the Centipede yell at the Cloud Men?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What jobs do the insects take at the end of the book, and what led to them choosing those positions?
Essay Topic 2
What did James learn about himself from his interaction with the Spider, and how did these interaction cause him to change?
Essay Topic 3
What did James do to get the peach safely away from the sharks, and how did this idea change the entire form of the journey?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)