|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the aunts never call James?
2. What worries James the most when he spills the beans?
3. What does James help the many footed creature in the peach do?
4. What sound marks Aunt Sponge's death to James?
5. What does James find in the center of the peach?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the travelers all do when they get panicky about getting close to the city?
2. How does Centipede get paint stuck on him?
3. How do the aunts want to punish James just before seeing the peach in their tree?
4. Where does James live when the journey is over?
5. What does the Spider do to make a living at the end of the book?
6. What grave danger does the Centipede see for the peach when they are in the ocean?
7. How does the peach break away from the tree?
8. Why does the Spider cry when she tells her story?
9. What is Aunt Sponge like?
10. What do the Cloud Men spend all their time doing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
James finds that for the first time since his parents died, there are people in his life whom he likes. List five of these people and explain what they did to earn James' sacred regard for them.
Essay Topic 2
How do James and the Insects change through the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
What role does symbolism play in the story, and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
This section contains 1,202 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)