Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the beans spill near?
2. What wakes James on his first morning in the peach?
3. Why does James spill the beans?
4. How many pairs of boots does the Centipede have?
5. How many people come to see the peach?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does James calm the people in the city down when they see the giant insects?
2. Where does James live when the journey is over?
3. What worries the Earthworm the most about being at sea?
4. How does Centipede get the rainbow paint off of him?
5. What is James's biggest worry after spilling the beans?
6. What does the Centipede do to cheer up the Spider?
7. What does James do while the aunts use the peach to their benefit?
8. How did Spider's aunt die?
9. How does James plan to rescue the peach from the danger the Centipede sees when they are in the ocean?
10. What grave danger does the Centipede see for the peach when they are in the ocean?
Essay Topic 1
James endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does James learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in two key settings. What are these two settings, and what are the main similarities and differences between them? How do these settings affect the outcome of the plot? Make sure to cite some examples from the book to support your ideas.
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)