|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does James compare the fur on the peach to?
2. What does James say he needs to save the peach from the sharks?
3. How many people come to see the peach?
4. What is Aunt Sponge thinking about when she dies?
5. Where did James' parents die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is James's biggest worry after spilling the beans?
2. What makes the ladybug laugh when he first meets James?
3. How does James plan to rescue the peach from the danger the Centipede sees when they are in the ocean?
4. How were the beans made?
5. How does James get to the center of the peach?
6. How does the Spider and Silk Worm help with James' plan to save the peach from the danger the Centipede found?
7. What does James think just before he enters the peach?
8. What does James do while the aunts use the peach to their benefit?
9. What does James learn about glow worms on his first night in the peach?
10. How do the aunts want to punish James just before seeing the peach in their tree?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do James and the Insects change through the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
What factual information was shared about the insects, and how did the inclusion of this information affect the plot and tone of the story?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book each had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)