|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who provides James with what he needs to save the peach from the sharks?
2. What does James compare the fur on the peach to?
3. Where did James' parents die?
4. Why do the other insects not believe what the ladybug thinks when the peach stops rolling?
5. Where is James locked after the peach is grown?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does James learn about glow worms on his first night in the peach?
2. What is the first evidence of the magic caused by the beans?
3. How does the peach break away from the tree?
4. What does the old man tell James about the beans?
5. How does James spill the beans?
6. What does James think just before he enters the peach?
7. How does James plan to rescue the peach from the danger the Centipede sees when they are in the ocean?
8. How does James get to the center of the peach?
9. How does James feel while the peach is rolling?
10. How do the insects feel when they see they are in the ocean, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
James finds that for the first time since his parents died, there are people in his life whom he likes. List five of these people and explain what they did to earn James' sacred regard for them.
Essay Topic 2
What did James learn about himself from his interaction with the Spider, and how did these interaction cause him to change?
Essay Topic 3
Nature is an integral theme in this book and accounts for a great deal of the changes in plot direction. What are some of the places that nature appeared, and how did it work to alter the plot?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)