|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does James do at night after the peach is grown?
2. How is the peach disconnected from the tree?
3. What stopped the rolling peach?
4. What do the creatures in the peach say they have been waiting for?
5. Where is the tunnel in the peach?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does James spill the beans?
2. What happened to the rainbow the Cloud Men were making?
3. How are the beds created in the peach?
4. Why does James come to live with his aunts?
5. How does Centipede get the rainbow paint off of him?
6. What does the Centipede do to cheer up the Spider?
7. What grave danger does the Centipede see for the peach when they are in the ocean?
8. How do the aunts use the giant peach for their benefit?
9. How did Spider's aunt die?
10. What does the old man tell James about the beans?
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Laughter and happiness is a common theme found in this book. Where does this come into play, and how does it affect the characters involved in these scenes?
Essay Topic 3
What happens to James at the the end of the book, and what deeper meanings does this event imply? How does this one event change James' life and perspective and why do you think the author placed this scene where he did?
This section contains 1,154 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)