|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Aunt Sponge thinking about when she dies?
2. What does James do when he stops for breaks in the peach tunnel?
3. Where did the creatures have roles before entering the peach?
4. What do the aunts want to punish James for when he spills the beans?
5. What does James feel as the peach begins to roll?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of damage does the giant peach cause as it rolls?
2. What is James's biggest worry after spilling the beans?
3. How does James feel while the peach is rolling?
4. How were the beans made?
5. What is Aunt Sponge like?
6. How do the aunts want to punish James just before seeing the peach in their tree?
7. What does James help the centipede with when they first meet?
8. What makes the ladybug laugh when he first meets James?
9. What is Aunt Spiker like?
10. How does James spill the beans?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
James finds that for the first time since his parents died, there are people in his life whom he likes. List five of these people and explain what they did to earn James' sacred regard for them.
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
James endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does James learn through these experiences?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)