|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calms the insects down when they are at sea?
2. How is the peach disconnected from the tree?
3. What does James say he needs to save the peach from the sharks?
4. Why is James so afraid when he sees the creatures in the center of the peach?
5. How does the narrator describe James' early childhood?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does James plan to survive hunger while on the peach?
2. What does James learn about glow worms on his first night in the peach?
3. What makes the ladybug laugh when he first meets James?
4. How do the aunts use the giant peach for their benefit?
5. What do the insects tell James when he gets to the middle of the peach?
6. How does James spill the beans?
7. What does James do while the aunts use the peach to their benefit?
8. What does James think just before he enters the peach?
9. What worries the Earthworm the most about being at sea?
10. What is James's biggest worry after spilling the beans?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The old man introduces the theme of magic in this book. Where are some of the key places that this theme appears, and how do these events alter the plot of the book?
Essay Topic 2
What did James learn about himself from his interaction with the Spider, and how did these interaction cause him to change?
Essay Topic 3
What factual information was shared about the insects, and how did the inclusion of this information affect the plot and tone of the story?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)