|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the ladybug think when the peach stops rolling?
2. How big is the peach when James starts to climb the tree?
3. What kind of creatures does James find in the center of the peach?
4. How is the peach disconnected from the tree?
5. What is James doing when he asks a favor of his aunts?
Short Essay Questions
1. What grave danger does the Centipede see for the peach when they are in the ocean?
2. What is Aunt Sponge like?
3. What does James do while the aunts use the peach to their benefit?
4. What does James help the centipede with when they first meet?
5. What do the earthworm and the centipede argue about when James first meets them?
6. What does James think just before he enters the peach?
7. What is Aunt Spiker like?
8. How does the peach break away from the tree?
9. How does the Spider and Silk Worm help with James' plan to save the peach from the danger the Centipede found?
10. What is James's biggest worry after spilling the beans?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
What jobs do the insects take at the end of the book, and what led to them choosing those positions?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)