|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calms the Earthworm down when she gets worried about being at sea?
2. What calms James' fear in the center of the peach?
3. What does James feel as the peach begins to roll?
4. What does James compare the fur on the peach to?
5. How does the narrator describe James' early childhood?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the old man tell James about the beans?
2. What does James learn about glow worms on his first night in the peach?
3. How does James plan to rescue the peach from the danger the Centipede sees when they are in the ocean?
4. What does James do while the aunts use the peach to their benefit?
5. How does the peach break away from the tree?
6. How do James's parents die?
7. How does James feel while the peach is rolling?
8. What makes the ladybug laugh when he first meets James?
9. What does James think just before he enters the peach?
10. How are the beds created in the peach?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What did James do to get the peach safely away from the sharks, and how did this idea change the entire form of the journey?
Essay Topic 2
Nature is an integral theme in this book and accounts for a great deal of the changes in plot direction. What are some of the places that nature appeared, and how did it work to alter the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)