|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does James live with his aunts?
2. What do the aunts never call James?
3. What does James help the many footed creature in the peach do?
4. What stopped the rolling peach?
5. What does James say he needs to save the peach from the sharks?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of damage does the giant peach cause as it rolls?
2. Why does James come to live with his aunts?
3. How were the beans made?
4. What does James help the centipede with when they first meet?
5. What is Aunt Sponge like?
6. How do the aunts want to punish James just before seeing the peach in their tree?
7. What worries the Earthworm the most about being at sea?
8. How does James plan to survive hunger while on the peach?
9. What does James think just before he enters the peach?
10. What do the earthworm and the centipede argue about when James first meets them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What jobs do the insects take at the end of the book, and what led to them choosing those positions?
Essay Topic 2
What happens to James at the the end of the book, and what deeper meanings does this event imply? How does this one event change James' life and perspective and why do you think the author placed this scene where he did?
Essay Topic 3
How do the magic beans affect the course of the plot, and what important cautions were given to those who used it?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)