|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does James say he needs to save the peach from the sharks?
2. What does the Earthworm compare herself to when the sharks are seen?
3. What does the ladybug think when the peach stops rolling?
4. Where does James go to cry when the aunts refuse his request?
5. What do the insects do when the aunts are rolled over?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the old man tell James about the beans?
2. Why does James come to live with his aunts?
3. What is Aunt Sponge like?
4. What do the insects tell James when he gets to the middle of the peach?
5. What worries the Earthworm the most about being at sea?
6. How are the beds created in the peach?
7. What does James do while the aunts use the peach to their benefit?
8. How do James's parents die?
9. What kind of damage does the giant peach cause as it rolls?
10. How does James feel while the peach is rolling?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What factual information was shared about the insects, and how did the inclusion of this information affect the plot and tone of the story?
Essay Topic 2
Laughter and happiness is a common theme found in this book. Where does this come into play, and how does it affect the characters involved in these scenes?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)