|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the aunts threaten to do to James when he spills the beans?
2. What do the creatures in the peach say they have been waiting for?
3. What kind of animal does James plan to use to save the peach from the sharks?
4. How is the peach disconnected from the tree?
5. What is Aunt Sponge thinking about when she dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of damage does the giant peach cause as it rolls?
2. How were the beans made?
3. What does James do while the aunts use the peach to their benefit?
4. What is the first evidence of the magic caused by the beans?
5. How do James's parents die?
6. How does the peach break away from the tree?
7. Why does James come to live with his aunts?
8. How does the Spider and Silk Worm help with James' plan to save the peach from the danger the Centipede found?
9. What makes the ladybug laugh when he first meets James?
10. What does James think just before he enters the peach?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in two key settings. What are these two settings, and what are the main similarities and differences between them? How do these settings affect the outcome of the plot? Make sure to cite some examples from the book to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 2
How do James and the Insects change through the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
James finds that for the first time since his parents died, there are people in his life whom he likes. List five of these people and explain what they did to earn James' sacred regard for them.
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)