|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does James sense while he is alone with the peach?
2. What is the Earthworm most worried about to be at sea?
3. Why do the insects feel the way they do when they see they are in the sea?
4. What do the aunts want to punish James for when he spills the beans?
5. Why is James so afraid when he sees the creatures in the center of the peach?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of damage does the giant peach cause as it rolls?
2. Why does James come to live with his aunts?
3. How do the aunts use the giant peach for their benefit?
4. What does James think just before he enters the peach?
5. How does James spill the beans?
6. How do James's parents die?
7. What is Aunt Sponge like?
8. How are the beds created in the peach?
9. What do the earthworm and the centipede argue about when James first meets them?
10. How does the Spider and Silk Worm help with James' plan to save the peach from the danger the Centipede found?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do James and the Insects change through the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
James endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does James learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
How do the magic beans affect the course of the plot, and what important cautions were given to those who used it?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)