|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What lights the inside of the peach?
2. Who disconnects the peach from the tree?
3. What can James see from his aunts' house?
4. Where is the tunnel in the peach?
5. What calms James' fear in the center of the peach?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does James think just before he enters the peach?
2. How does James plan to rescue the peach from the danger the Centipede sees when they are in the ocean?
3. How were the beans made?
4. What do the insects tell James when he gets to the middle of the peach?
5. How do James's parents die?
6. What does James do while the aunts use the peach to their benefit?
7. How does James plan to survive hunger while on the peach?
8. How do the insects feel when they see they are in the ocean, and why?
9. What do the earthworm and the centipede argue about when James first meets them?
10. How does James spill the beans?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What did James learn about himself from his interaction with the Spider, and how did these interaction cause him to change?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
What jobs do the insects take at the end of the book, and what led to them choosing those positions?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)