Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the beans spill near?
2. What wakes James on his first morning in the peach?
3. Why does James spill the beans?
4. How many pairs of boots does the Centipede have?
5. How many people come to see the peach?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does James calm the people in the city down when they see the giant insects?
2. Where does James live when the journey is over?
3. What worries the Earthworm the most about being at sea?
4. How does Centipede get the rainbow paint off of him?
5. What is James's biggest worry after spilling the beans?
6. What does the Centipede do to cheer up the Spider?
7. What does James do while the aunts use the peach to their benefit?
8. How did Spider's aunt die?
9. How does James plan to rescue the peach from the danger the Centipede sees when they are in the ocean?
10. What grave danger does the Centipede see for the peach when they are in the ocean?
Essay Topic 1
Laughter and happiness is a common theme found in this book. Where does this come into play, and how does it affect the characters involved in these scenes?
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in the story, and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
What happens to James at the the end of the book, and what deeper meanings does this event imply? How does this one event change James' life and perspective and why do you think the author placed this scene where he did?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)