|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the creatures in the center of the peach say they feel as they look at James?
2. Why are the hairs raised on James' neck when he is alone with the peach?
3. What kind of animal does James plan to use to save the peach from the sharks?
4. How does the narrator describe James' early childhood?
5. Who calms the insects down when they are at sea?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do James's aunts die?
2. What does James help the centipede with when they first meet?
3. How were the beans made?
4. What do the insects tell James when he gets to the middle of the peach?
5. What is James's biggest worry after spilling the beans?
6. What grave danger does the Centipede see for the peach when they are in the ocean?
7. What makes the ladybug laugh when he first meets James?
8. What is the first evidence of the magic caused by the beans?
9. What does James do while the aunts use the peach to their benefit?
10. What is Aunt Sponge like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do James and the Insects change through the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
How do the magic beans affect the course of the plot, and what important cautions were given to those who used it?
Essay Topic 3
What jobs do the insects take at the end of the book, and what led to them choosing those positions?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)