|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long have the creatures in the peach have been waiting for?
2. What calms James' fear in the center of the peach?
3. What does James help the centipede with while the beds are made?
4. What are the beans kept in?
5. What do the aunts want to punish James for when he spills the beans?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does James do while the aunts use the peach to their benefit?
2. What is James's biggest worry after spilling the beans?
3. What does James think just before he enters the peach?
4. What do the insects tell James when he gets to the middle of the peach?
5. How are the beds created in the peach?
6. What do the earthworm and the centipede argue about when James first meets them?
7. What is the first evidence of the magic caused by the beans?
8. Why does James come to live with his aunts?
9. What is Aunt Sponge like?
10. How do James's parents die?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What jobs do the insects take at the end of the book, and what led to them choosing those positions?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this book each had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Nature is an integral theme in this book and accounts for a great deal of the changes in plot direction. What are some of the places that nature appeared, and how did it work to alter the plot?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)