|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is said to calm the Earthworm down when she gets worried about being at sea?
2. What kind of factory does the rolling peach ruin?
3. What stopped the rolling peach?
4. How does James feel as he climbs through the tunnel?
5. What do the aunts threaten to do to James when he spills the beans?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does James think just before he enters the peach?
2. What do the Cloud Men spend all their time doing?
3. What does the Spider do to make a living at the end of the book?
4. How do James's parents die?
5. What does the old man tell James about the beans?
6. What reminds Spider of the death of her aunt?
7. How does James get the peach to get closer to the ground?
8. How does James plan to rescue the peach from the danger the Centipede sees when they are in the ocean?
9. What happened to the rainbow the Cloud Men were making?
10. Why is James so surprised when he sees the Cloud Men?
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
James endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does James learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
What jobs do the insects take at the end of the book, and what led to them choosing those positions?
This section contains 1,173 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)