|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What changes James's feelings as the peach begins rolling?
2. What does James compare the fur on the peach to?
3. What is said to calm the Earthworm down when she gets worried about being at sea?
4. Why does James spill the beans?
5. What sound marks Aunt Sponge's death to James?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the old man tell James about the beans?
2. What does James do while the aunts use the peach to their benefit?
3. How do the aunts want to punish James just before seeing the peach in their tree?
4. What does James help the centipede with when they first meet?
5. How does James plan to rescue the peach from the danger the Centipede sees when they are in the ocean?
6. What do the earthworm and the centipede argue about when James first meets them?
7. How do the insects feel when they see they are in the ocean, and why?
8. How are the beds created in the peach?
9. What is Aunt Spiker like?
10. What is Aunt Sponge like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Nature is an integral theme in this book and accounts for a great deal of the changes in plot direction. What are some of the places that nature appeared, and how did it work to alter the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)