|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does James trip over before spilling the beans?
2. What does James do when he stops for breaks in the peach tunnel?
3. What color are the beans that the old man has?
4. What does James feel as the peach begins to roll?
5. Who disconnects the peach from the tree?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is so mind boggling to James about the city he is about to land in?
2. How did Spider's aunt die?
3. What makes the ladybug laugh when he first meets James?
4. What makes the Cloud Men threaten to eat the people on the peach?
5. What is Aunt Spiker like?
6. How does the Spider and Silk Worm help with James' plan to save the peach from the danger the Centipede found?
7. How does James plan to survive hunger while on the peach?
8. Why does James come to live with his aunts?
9. How does James plan to rescue the peach from the danger the Centipede sees when they are in the ocean?
10. What does the Centipede do at the end of the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
James endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does James learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
What role does symbolism play in the story, and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
This section contains 1,181 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)