|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item was James allowed to bring with him to his aunts' house?
2. What killed James' parents?
3. Why does James spill the beans?
4. What does James trip over before spilling the beans?
5. Why does James not pick the peach?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes the ladybug laugh when he first meets James?
2. How do the aunts want to punish James just before seeing the peach in their tree?
3. How does James feel while the peach is rolling?
4. What worries the Earthworm the most about being at sea?
5. How do the insects feel when they see they are in the ocean, and why?
6. How does James plan to rescue the peach from the danger the Centipede sees when they are in the ocean?
7. What does James think just before he enters the peach?
8. How does the Spider and Silk Worm help with James' plan to save the peach from the danger the Centipede found?
9. What is Aunt Sponge like?
10. What does the old man tell James about the beans?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What factual information was shared about the insects, and how did the inclusion of this information affect the plot and tone of the story?
Essay Topic 2
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
What happened to Spider's aunt, and what message do you think the author was trying to send through the inclusion of that event in this story line?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)