|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What favor does James ask of his aunts?
2. What are the beans kept in?
3. Why does James live with his aunts?
4. Why do the other insects not believe what the ladybug thinks when the peach stops rolling?
5. What is Aunt Sponge thinking about when she dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does James come to live with his aunts?
2. What does the old man tell James about the beans?
3. What worries the Earthworm the most about being at sea?
4. What does James think just before he enters the peach?
5. How does James plan to rescue the peach from the danger the Centipede sees when they are in the ocean?
6. How do the aunts use the giant peach for their benefit?
7. How does James spill the beans?
8. What is James's biggest worry after spilling the beans?
9. How do James's parents die?
10. What does James do while the aunts use the peach to their benefit?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What jobs do the insects take at the end of the book, and what led to them choosing those positions?
Essay Topic 2
This book takes place in two key settings. What are these two settings, and what are the main similarities and differences between them? How do these settings affect the outcome of the plot? Make sure to cite some examples from the book to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book each had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)