|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of factory does the rolling peach ruin?
2. How big is the peach when it rests on the ground?
3. What calms James' fear in the center of the peach?
4. What wakes James on his first morning in the peach?
5. What do the creatures in the peach say they have been waiting for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Spider and Silk Worm help with James' plan to save the peach from the danger the Centipede found?
2. How does James plan to rescue the peach from the danger the Centipede sees when they are in the ocean?
3. How does the peach break away from the tree?
4. What is Aunt Sponge like?
5. How were the beans made?
6. What does James think just before he enters the peach?
7. How do James's parents die?
8. What does the old man tell James about the beans?
9. What does James learn about glow worms on his first night in the peach?
10. How do the insects feel when they see they are in the ocean, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What did James learn about himself from his interaction with the Spider, and how did these interaction cause him to change?
Essay Topic 2
What happened to Spider's aunt, and what message do you think the author was trying to send through the inclusion of that event in this story line?
Essay Topic 3
What did James do to get the peach safely away from the sharks, and how did this idea change the entire form of the journey?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)