|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the beans spill near?
2. What wakes James on his first morning in the peach?
3. Why does James spill the beans?
4. How many pairs of boots does the Centipede have?
5. How many people come to see the peach?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does James calm the people in the city down when they see the giant insects?
2. Where does James live when the journey is over?
3. What worries the Earthworm the most about being at sea?
4. How does Centipede get the rainbow paint off of him?
5. What is James's biggest worry after spilling the beans?
6. What does the Centipede do to cheer up the Spider?
7. What does James do while the aunts use the peach to their benefit?
8. How did Spider's aunt die?
9. How does James plan to rescue the peach from the danger the Centipede sees when they are in the ocean?
10. What grave danger does the Centipede see for the peach when they are in the ocean?
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this book each had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
Nature is an integral theme in this book and accounts for a great deal of the changes in plot direction. What are some of the places that nature appeared, and how did it work to alter the plot?
Essay Topic 3
What role does symbolism play in the story, and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
This section contains 1,227 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)