|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the creatures in the peach say they have been waiting for?
2. What extra clothing was James allowed to bring with him to his aunts' house?
3. What does James do when he stops for breaks in the peach tunnel?
4. How big is the peach when James starts to climb the tree?
5. Where is the tunnel in the peach?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does James plan to rescue the peach from the danger the Centipede sees when they are in the ocean?
2. How do James's parents die?
3. How are the beds created in the peach?
4. What does James learn about glow worms on his first night in the peach?
5. What does James do while the aunts use the peach to their benefit?
6. How do the insects feel when they see they are in the ocean, and why?
7. What does James think just before he enters the peach?
8. How does James spill the beans?
9. How were the beans made?
10. How does James get to the center of the peach?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What factual information was shared about the insects, and how did the inclusion of this information affect the plot and tone of the story?
Essay Topic 2
James endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does James learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in two key settings. What are these two settings, and what are the main similarities and differences between them? How do these settings affect the outcome of the plot? Make sure to cite some examples from the book to support your ideas.
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)