|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does James feel as he climbs through the tunnel?
2. Why do the insects feel the way they do when they see they are in the sea?
3. What killed James' parents?
4. How do the insects feel when they see they are in the sea?
5. What kind of creatures does James find in the center of the peach?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the people in the city think is happening when they see the peach?
2. What does James learn about glow worms on his first night in the peach?
3. What do the creatures on the peach think when they see the rainbow being made?
4. What causes the travelers to get panicky as they get near to the city?
5. Why is James so surprised when he sees the Cloud Men?
6. Why does the Centipede yell at the Cloud Men?
7. How does James spill the beans?
8. How does Centipede get the rainbow paint off of him?
9. How does James get to the center of the peach?
10. How does the Spider and Silk Worm help with James' plan to save the peach from the danger the Centipede found?
Essay Topic 1
What jobs do the insects take at the end of the book, and what led to them choosing those positions?
Essay Topic 2
What factual information was shared about the insects, and how did the inclusion of this information affect the plot and tone of the story?
Essay Topic 3
What did James do to get the peach safely away from the sharks, and how did this idea change the entire form of the journey?
This section contains 1,179 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)