|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What month did Spider's aunt die in?
2. Why is James the first one to come out of the peach?
(a) He is the most excited.
(b) He is the only one who can climb.
(c) The people are afraid of the insects.
(d) The people have been looking for him.
3. How did the Spider's father die?
(a) He was washed down the drain.
(b) He was squished by a farm wife.
(c) He was eaten by a bird.
(d) He was poisoned at a farm.
4. What are the insects greeted with when they get to the ground?
(a) A police escort.
5. How is the falling peach announced to the people in the city?
(a) Air raids are sounded.
(b) Police men spread the news.
(c) It is not announced at all.
(d) There is a story on the radio.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the person on the ship who sees the floating peach accused of?
2. Who yells at the Cloud Men?
3. How long does it take the insects to get down to the ground once the peach lands?
4. What does the Grasshopper use to make music?
5. How do the Cloud Men make rainbows?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Centipede do at the end of the book?
2. How did Spider's aunt die?
3. How does Centipede get paint stuck on him?
4. How does the peach get away from the water that the Cloud Men try to hurt the peach with?
5. What reminds Spider of the death of her aunt?
6. How does James calm the people in the city down when they see the giant insects?
7. What makes the Cloud Men threaten to eat the people on the peach?
8. What do the creatures on the peach think when they see the rainbow being made?
9. Why does the Spider cry when she tells her story?
10. How did Spider's aunt die?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)