|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Grasshopper use to make music?
(a) All of these.
(b) His wings.
(c) His abdomen.
(d) His legs.
2. What was Spider's aunt killed with?
(a) A fly swatter.
(b) A spoon.
(c) A broom.
(d) A mop.
3. What instrument does James compare the Grasshopper to?
(a) A French horn.
(b) A violin.
(c) A drum.
(d) A guitar.
4. What are the insects greeted with when they get to the ground?
(d) A police escort.
5. What do the policemen think the giant peach is?
(a) A time capsule.
(b) A giant peach.
(c) A flying saucer.
(d) A bomb.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does James break the rainbow?
2. Why does the Spider start to cry when she talks about herself?
3. What city does the peach land in?
4. What do city people think the people in the peach are?
5. What city did the peach start out in?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Spider's aunt die?
2. What does the Centipede do at the end of the book?
3. What do the people in the city think is happening when they see the peach?
4. What job does the Glow Worm get when the journey is over?
5. Where does James live when the journey is over?
6. Why does the Centipede yell at the Cloud Men?
7. What does the Lady Bug teach James about himself?
8. How does Centipede get paint stuck on him?
9. How does James get the peach to get closer to the ground?
10. What reminds Spider of the death of her aunt?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)