|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Spider start to cry when she talks about herself?
(a) She thinks James will not like her.
(b) Spiders have a bad reputation.
(c) All of these.
(d) She gets emotional often.
2. What do the insects do when the Grasshopper is done making his music?
(a) They fall asleep.
(b) They cheer.
(c) They yell.
(d) They beg for more.
3. What does James promise before he begins his plan to save the peach from the sharks?
(a) That he will stay out of harm.
(b) That he won't let the birds touch the worm.
(c) That he will try to protect the Spider's silk.
(d) That he will do it fast.
4. What color is the Grasshopper?
5. What do the critters in the peach do before the peach lands?
(a) Say their goodbyes.
(b) Collect their things.
(c) Primp and preen.
(d) Let go one seagull at a time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes the people on the peach panic as they get near the city?
2. What did Spider's aunt get stuck in?
3. How many seagulls total are captured?
4. How is the falling peach announced to the people in the city?
5. What time is land first seen from the peach?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Spider's aunt die?
2. What does the Spider do to make a living at the end of the book?
3. How does James get the peach to get closer to the ground?
4. What does the Lady Bug teach James about himself?
5. How does the peach get away from the water that the Cloud Men try to hurt the peach with?
6. What do the creatures on the peach think when they see the rainbow being made?
7. What does the Centipede do to cheer up the Spider?
8. What is the first thing the travelers notice about the city?
9. How does Centipede get paint stuck on him?
10. What job does the Glow Worm get when the journey is over?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)