|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does James get the peach to get closer to the land?
(a) He eats the peach.
(b) He cuts seagulls loose.
(c) He uses hot air to direct it.
(d) He has the grasshopper use his wings.
2. What ocean does the peach float over?
3. Where is the bait hidden once the seagulls come close to the peach?
(a) In the crease.
(b) In the peach.
(c) Under a blanket.
(d) Under the stem.
4. How do people in the city feel when they see the peach?
5. What does the Centipede do to try and cheer up the Spider?
(a) He tells a joke.
(b) He rubs her shoulders.
(c) He laughs out loud.
(d) He does a dance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the policemen do when they see the people on the peach?
2. What does the Grasshopper teach James about?
3. Who does the silkworm weave ropes for?
4. How many seagulls total are captured?
5. How is the falling peach announced to the people in the city?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Spider do to make a living at the end of the book?
2. What makes the Cloud Men threaten to eat the people on the peach?
3. How does James calm the people in the city down when they see the giant insects?
4. What job does the Glow Worm get when the journey is over?
5. How did Spider's aunt die?
6. What is the Centipede doing when paint is spilled on him?
7. What causes the travelers to get panicky as they get near to the city?
8. What does the Lady Bug teach James about himself?
9. What is the first thing the travelers notice about the city?
10. What do the creatures on the peach think when they see the rainbow being made?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)