|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the policemen think the giant peach is?
(a) A bomb.
(b) A giant peach.
(c) A time capsule.
(d) A flying saucer.
2. How does the Centipede defend the peach against the Cloud Men?
(a) He chews the rope a cloudman is hanging on to.
(b) He throws peach chunks at the Cloud Men.
(c) He stands guard at the tunnel.
(d) He distracts them.
3. How did the Spider's father die?
(a) He was eaten by a bird.
(b) He was washed down the drain.
(c) He was poisoned at a farm.
(d) He was squished by a farm wife.
4. What do the Cloud Men do when the rainbow gets destroyed?
(a) Chase the peach.
(b) Start rebuilding the rainbow.
(c) Look for their hailstones.
5. What event is held to welcome the insects?
(a) A festival.
(b) A play.
(c) A parade.
(d) A party.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why didn't the sharks do much damage to the peach?
2. What time is land first seen from the peach?
3. Who captures each of the seagulls?
4. What do crickets use to make music?
5. What do the insects do when the Grasshopper is done making his music?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does James live when the journey is over?
2. How does the peach get away from the water that the Cloud Men try to hurt the peach with?
3. What does the Spider do to make a living at the end of the book?
4. What does the Centipede do to cheer up the Spider?
5. How did Spider's aunt die?
6. What is the Centipede doing when paint is spilled on him?
7. How does James calm the people in the city down when they see the giant insects?
8. What do the people in the city think is happening when they see the peach?
9. How is the Centipede freed from the paint that was spilled on him?
10. What do the Cloud Men spend all their time doing?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)