|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the Centipede saved from what was spilled on?
(a) The Cloud Men break it away.
(b) Water washes it away.
(c) The Earth Worm loosens up.
(d) The sun melts it away.
2. Where is the bait hidden once the seagulls come close to the peach?
(a) In the crease.
(b) Under a blanket.
(c) Under the stem.
(d) In the peach.
3. How many spots does the Lady Bug have?
4. What do crickets use to make music?
(a) Their mouth.
(b) Their abdomen.
(c) Their wings.
(d) Their legs.
5. What are the insects greeted with when they get to the ground?
(c) A police escort.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is James the first one to come out of the peach?
2. Why are the people on the peach not aware of how the people in the city feel?
3. What does the substance poured on the Centipede make it hard for him to do?
4. Who does the Earthworm say she likes to benefit?
5. What does James promise before he begins his plan to save the peach from the sharks?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does James get the peach to get closer to the ground?
2. What does the Centipede do at the end of the book?
3. What is so mind boggling to James about the city he is about to land in?
4. What does the Spider do to make a living at the end of the book?
5. How did Spider's aunt die?
6. What is the first thing the travelers notice about the city?
7. What do the creatures on the peach think when they see the rainbow being made?
8. What does the Lady Bug teach James about himself?
9. How did Spider's aunt die?
10. How does Centipede get paint stuck on him?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)