|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the person on the ship who sees the floating peach accused of?
(b) Hitting his head.
(c) Spinning tales.
(d) Staying up too late.
2. What does James promise before he begins his plan to save the peach from the sharks?
(a) That he won't let the birds touch the worm.
(b) That he will stay out of harm.
(c) That he will try to protect the Spider's silk.
(d) That he will do it fast.
3. Who does the Lady bug like to benefit?
4. How does James prove how much he loves his new friends to the city people?
(a) He writes a story.
(b) He tells of their journey.
(c) He brings the Earth worm with him.
(d) He sings a song.
5. Who saves the Centipede when he falls off the peach?
(b) The Glow Worm.
(c) The Lady Bug.
(d) The Grasshopper.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the falling peach announced to the people in the city?
2. How does the Centipede defend the peach against the Cloud Men?
3. Who is the most nervous about James's plan to save the peach from the sharks?
4. Who dumps water on the peach?
5. What do the policemen think the giant peach is?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the people in the city think is happening when they see the peach?
2. How did Spider's aunt die?
3. What job does the Glow Worm get when the journey is over?
4. What happened to the rainbow the Cloud Men were making?
5. What does the Spider do to make a living at the end of the book?
6. What does the Lady Bug teach James about himself?
7. What does the Centipede do to cheer up the Spider?
8. What does the Centipede do at the end of the book?
9. Why does the Centipede yell at the Cloud Men?
10. What do the travelers all do when they get panicky about getting close to the city?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)