Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the beans spill near?
(a) A peach soda.
(b) The peach tree.
(c) The orchard.
(d) A peach pit.
2. What wakes James on his first morning in the peach?
(a) Everything is shaking.
(b) The centipede yells.
(c) A warm heat.
(d) A loud bang.
3. Why does James spill the beans?
(a) He is afraid of his aunts.
(b) He is in a hurry.
(c) He wants to see what happens.
(d) The old man told him to.
4. How many pairs of boots does the Centipede have?
5. How many people come to see the peach?
(c) Hundreds of thousands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are the beans that the old man has?
2. What does James trip over before spilling the beans?
3. Why is James so afraid when he sees the creatures in the center of the peach?
4. Where is James locked after the peach is grown?
5. Why are the hairs raised on James' neck when he is alone with the peach?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does James calm the people in the city down when they see the giant insects?
2. Where does James live when the journey is over?
3. What worries the Earthworm the most about being at sea?
4. How does Centipede get the rainbow paint off of him?
5. What is James's biggest worry after spilling the beans?
6. What does the Centipede do to cheer up the Spider?
7. What does James do while the aunts use the peach to their benefit?
8. How did Spider's aunt die?
9. How does James plan to rescue the peach from the danger the Centipede sees when they are in the ocean?
10. What grave danger does the Centipede see for the peach when they are in the ocean?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)