|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Earthworm most worried about to be at sea?
(a) They will get lost.
(b) They will drown.
(c) They will fall out.
(d) They will starve.
2. How many aunts does James live with?
3. What does James help the many footed creature in the peach do?
(a) Take off his boots.
(b) Make dinner.
(c) Dry his toes.
(d) Darn his socks.
4. Who calms the insects down when they are at sea?
(b) The Glow Worm.
(c) The Grasshopper.
(d) The Spider.
5. What is strange about the beans the old man has?
(a) All of these.
(b) They are glowing.
(c) They are singing.
(d) They are hot to the touch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does James do at night after the peach is grown?
2. Why are the hairs raised on James' neck when he is alone with the peach?
3. What do the aunts never call James?
4. Who gets the full effect of the magic beans?
5. What kind of factory does the rolling peach ruin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Centipede do to cheer up the Spider?
2. What does the Centipede do at the end of the book?
3. What is James's biggest worry after spilling the beans?
4. How does the Spider and Silk Worm help with James' plan to save the peach from the danger the Centipede found?
5. What job does the Glow Worm get when the journey is over?
6. How does James get the peach to get closer to the ground?
7. How does James plan to rescue the peach from the danger the Centipede sees when they are in the ocean?
8. What does the Lady Bug do after the journey is over?
9. How do James's parents die?
10. Why does the Centipede yell at the Cloud Men?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)