|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Aunt Sponge die?
(a) She gets rolled over by the peach.
(b) She is scared to death.
(c) She is bit by the giant spider.
(d) She falls down the hill.
2. How long have the creatures in the peach have been waiting for?
(a) All day.
(b) All month.
(c) All week.
(d) All night.
3. How does James think the peach looks in the moonlight?
4. What does James sense while he is alone with the peach?
5. What time is James alone with the peach?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the creatures in the center of the peach say they feel as they look at James?
2. What does James feel as the peach begins to roll?
3. What do the aunts want to punish James for when he spills the beans?
4. Why do the insects feel the way they do when they see they are in the sea?
5. How does James feel as he climbs through the tunnel?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do James's parents die?
2. Why does James come to live with his aunts?
3. What do the insects tell James when he gets to the middle of the peach?
4. What does James think just before he enters the peach?
5. How do the aunts use the giant peach for their benefit?
6. What is James's biggest worry after spilling the beans?
7. What is Aunt Spiker like?
8. What does James help the centipede with when they first meet?
9. What kind of damage does the giant peach cause as it rolls?
10. How do the aunts want to punish James just before seeing the peach in their tree?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)