|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does James feel as he climbs through the tunnel?
2. What kind of animals did the rolling peach frighten?
(a) Wild animals.
(b) Farm animals.
(c) Zoo animals.
(d) Circus animals.
3. What does James help the many footed creature in the peach do?
(a) Make dinner.
(b) Darn his socks.
(c) Take off his boots.
(d) Dry his toes.
4. Why does the old man give James the beans?
(a) To make some money.
(b) To punish the aunts.
(c) To get rid of them.
(d) To cheer him up.
5. Who disconnects the peach from the tree?
(a) The glow worm.
(b) The centipede.
(c) The ladybug.
(d) The spider.
Short Answer Questions
1. What favor does James ask of his aunts?
2. What kind of animal does James plan to use to save the peach from the sharks?
3. What do the witches threaten to do if James eats the peach?
4. How does Aunt Sponge die?
5. What calms James' fear in the center of the peach?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the earthworm and the centipede argue about when James first meets them?
2. What does James help the centipede with when they first meet?
3. How does the peach break away from the tree?
4. Why does James come to live with his aunts?
5. How do the insects feel when they see they are in the ocean, and why?
6. What does James do while the aunts use the peach to their benefit?
7. How do the aunts use the giant peach for their benefit?
8. How does James spill the beans?
9. What makes the ladybug laugh when he first meets James?
10. How does James get to the center of the peach?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)