|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does James feel as the peach begins to roll?
2. What does James say he needs to save the peach from the sharks?
(a) A flashlight.
(c) A hook.
(d) Some string.
3. Who provides James with what he needs to save the peach from the sharks?
(a) The centipede.
(b) The lady bug.
(c) The spider.
(d) The glow worm.
4. What do the aunts want to punish James for when he spills the beans?
(a) For not doing his chores.
(b) For running off.
(c) For making a mess.
(d) For asking a favor.
5. How do the insects feel when they see they are in the sea?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does James think the peach looks in the moonlight?
2. What is James doing when he asks a favor of his aunts?
3. What do the creatures in the peach say they have been waiting for?
4. What does James do when he stops for breaks in the peach tunnel?
5. How does the narrator describe James' early childhood?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the insects feel when they see they are in the ocean, and why?
2. How does James spill the beans?
3. What kind of damage does the giant peach cause as it rolls?
4. What is Aunt Spiker like?
5. How do the aunts want to punish James just before seeing the peach in their tree?
6. What is Aunt Sponge like?
7. How does James feel while the peach is rolling?
8. How do the aunts use the giant peach for their benefit?
9. Why does James come to live with his aunts?
10. What do the insects tell James when he gets to the middle of the peach?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)