|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does James not pick the peach?
(a) She is too scared.
(b) It makes him happy.
(c) It keeps growing.
(d) The aunts tell him not to.
2. Who is happy about the destroyed factory?
(a) The workers.
(b) The insects.
(c) The aunts.
(d) The children.
3. What do the beans do when they hit the ground?
(a) Just sit there.
(d) Burrow into the earth.
4. How big is the peach when James starts to climb the tree?
(a) As big as a globe.
(b) As big as an apple.
(c) As big as a melon.
(d) As big as a balloon.
5. Where does James go to cry when the aunts refuse his request?
(a) The bushes.
(b) The parlor.
(c) His room.
(d) The garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does James help the many footed creature in the peach do?
2. What item was James allowed to bring with him to his aunts' house?
3. Why does James live with his aunts?
4. What sound marks Aunt Sponge's death to James?
5. What do the voices in the center of the peach say when James enters?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does James think just before he enters the peach?
2. What is Aunt Sponge like?
3. What makes the ladybug laugh when he first meets James?
4. How does the Spider and Silk Worm help with James' plan to save the peach from the danger the Centipede found?
5. How do James's aunts die?
6. How do James's parents die?
7. How does the peach break away from the tree?
8. What is James's biggest worry after spilling the beans?
9. How are the beds created in the peach?
10. What grave danger does the Centipede see for the peach when they are in the ocean?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)