|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can James see from his aunts' house?
(a) The ocean.
(c) A garden.
(d) All of these.
2. What does James do when he stops for breaks in the peach tunnel?
(a) Washes himself.
(b) Calls for his aunts.
(c) Says chants.
(d) Takes bites of the peach.
3. Why does James not pick the peach?
(a) The aunts tell him not to.
(b) She is too scared.
(c) It makes him happy.
(d) It keeps growing.
4. What are the beds in the peach made of?
(b) Silk strands.
(d) Peach pit.
5. Where did the creatures have roles before entering the peach?
(a) The clouds.
(b) The tree.
(c) The attic.
(d) The garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Aunt Sponge die?
2. How many people come to see the peach?
3. What sound marks Aunt Sponge's death to James?
4. What extra clothing was James allowed to bring with him to his aunts' house?
5. Why does James live with his aunts?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the earthworm and the centipede argue about when James first meets them?
2. What makes the ladybug laugh when he first meets James?
3. What is Aunt Spiker like?
4. How do James's parents die?
5. What does James do while the aunts use the peach to their benefit?
6. How does the Spider and Silk Worm help with James' plan to save the peach from the danger the Centipede found?
7. How were the beans made?
8. What does James think just before he enters the peach?
9. Why does James come to live with his aunts?
10. How does James get to the center of the peach?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)