|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the thing that killed James' parents escape from?
(a) An aquarium.
(b) A pet store.
(c) The circus.
(d) The zoo.
2. How many people come to see the peach?
(c) Hundreds of thousands.
3. Why does James not pick the peach?
(a) The aunts tell him not to.
(b) It keeps growing.
(c) She is too scared.
(d) It makes him happy.
4. Why are the hairs raised on James' neck when he is alone with the peach?
(a) He feels like something is about to happen.
(b) He feels this has already happened before.
(c) He is scared.
(d) He is cold.
5. Why does James spill the beans?
(a) He is afraid of his aunts.
(b) He is in a hurry.
(c) He wants to see what happens.
(d) The old man told him to.
Short Answer Questions
1. How big is the peach when James starts to climb the tree?
2. How many aunts does James live with?
3. How does Aunt Spiker die?
4. What color are the beans that the old man has?
5. What is strange about the beans the old man has?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does James plan to rescue the peach from the danger the Centipede sees when they are in the ocean?
2. How does the peach break away from the tree?
3. What does James help the centipede with when they first meet?
4. How does the Spider and Silk Worm help with James' plan to save the peach from the danger the Centipede found?
5. How do the aunts use the giant peach for their benefit?
6. Why does James come to live with his aunts?
7. How do James's aunts die?
8. What does the old man tell James about the beans?
9. What is Aunt Sponge like?
10. What do the earthworm and the centipede argue about when James first meets them?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)