|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Earthworm compare herself to when the sharks are seen?
(b) A salami.
(d) A trout.
2. Who calms the insects down when they are at sea?
(b) The Spider.
(c) The Glow Worm.
(d) The Grasshopper.
3. Who is happy about the destroyed factory?
(a) The aunts.
(b) The insects.
(c) The workers.
(d) The children.
4. What does James find in the center of the peach?
(a) Some footprints.
(b) A web.
(c) The pit.
(d) A door.
5. How does James feel as he climbs through the tunnel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is strange about the beans the old man has?
2. What does James compare the fur on the peach to?
3. What sound marks Aunt Spiker's death to James?
4. Why does James not pick the peach?
5. What kind of animal does James plan to use to save the peach from the sharks?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does James plan to survive hunger while on the peach?
2. What does the old man tell James about the beans?
3. What grave danger does the Centipede see for the peach when they are in the ocean?
4. How does James spill the beans?
5. What does James help the centipede with when they first meet?
6. What is the first evidence of the magic caused by the beans?
7. How do James's aunts die?
8. How are the beds created in the peach?
9. How does James get to the center of the peach?
10. What does James think just before he enters the peach?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)