|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who provides James with what he needs to save the peach from the sharks?
(a) The centipede.
(b) The lady bug.
(c) The spider.
(d) The glow worm.
2. What do the witches threaten to do if James eats the peach?
(a) Adopt him.
(b) Starve him.
(c) Beat him.
(d) Sell him.
3. What are the beans kept in?
(a) A plastic container.
(b) A brief case.
(c) A tin cup.
(d) A paper bag.
4. Why are the hairs raised on James' neck when he is alone with the peach?
(a) He feels this has already happened before.
(b) He is cold.
(c) He feels like something is about to happen.
(d) He is scared.
5. How does James think the peach looks in the moonlight?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many aunts does James live with?
2. What kind of animals did the rolling peach frighten?
3. How does James feel as he climbs through the tunnel?
4. What does James sense while he is alone with the peach?
5. How does the narrator describe James' early childhood?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the aunts want to punish James just before seeing the peach in their tree?
2. How does James plan to rescue the peach from the danger the Centipede sees when they are in the ocean?
3. What kind of damage does the giant peach cause as it rolls?
4. How does James feel while the peach is rolling?
5. What do the earthworm and the centipede argue about when James first meets them?
6. What does James learn about glow worms on his first night in the peach?
7. How does the Spider and Silk Worm help with James' plan to save the peach from the danger the Centipede found?
8. How do James's parents die?
9. What is Aunt Sponge like?
10. What is Aunt Spiker like?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)