|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does James not pick the peach?
(a) She is too scared.
(b) It makes him happy.
(c) The aunts tell him not to.
(d) It keeps growing.
2. What are the beans kept in?
(a) A tin cup.
(b) A plastic container.
(c) A paper bag.
(d) A brief case.
3. What does James trip over before spilling the beans?
(a) A garden shoot.
(b) A root.
(c) A foot.
(d) A boot.
4. What worries James the most when he spills the beans?
(a) That he will never see them again.
(b) That bugs will harness the magic.
(c) That his aunts will be mad.
(d) That the old man will ask for more money.
5. What item was James allowed to bring with him to his aunts' house?
(b) A toothbrush.
(c) A book.
(d) A stuffed animal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does James compare the fur on the peach to?
2. What sound marks Aunt Sponge's death to James?
3. What does James sense while he is alone with the peach?
4. What do the insects think of eating the peach?
5. What kind of creatures does James find in the center of the peach?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the aunts use the giant peach for their benefit?
2. How do James's aunts die?
3. What kind of damage does the giant peach cause as it rolls?
4. What grave danger does the Centipede see for the peach when they are in the ocean?
5. How are the beds created in the peach?
6. How does James feel while the peach is rolling?
7. How does James plan to rescue the peach from the danger the Centipede sees when they are in the ocean?
8. How do James's parents die?
9. What does James help the centipede with when they first meet?
10. How does James spill the beans?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)