|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the tunnel in the peach?
(a) Near the ground.
(b) In the crease.
(c) On the top.
(d) By the stem.
2. What does the Earthworm compare herself to when the sharks are seen?
(b) A trout.
(d) A salami.
3. What do the creatures in the peach say they have been waiting for?
(d) Their guest of honor.
4. What is James doing when he asks a favor of his aunts?
(a) Cooking lunch.
(b) Painting a fence.
(c) Weeding the garden.
(d) Chopping wood.
5. What do the witches threaten to do if James eats the peach?
(a) Starve him.
(b) Beat him.
(c) Adopt him.
(d) Sell him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calms the insects down when they are at sea?
2. Who notices the sharks coming to the peach?
3. Why are the hairs raised on James' neck when he is alone with the peach?
4. What kind of creatures does James find in the center of the peach?
5. Where is James locked after the peach is grown?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is James's biggest worry after spilling the beans?
2. How does James plan to rescue the peach from the danger the Centipede sees when they are in the ocean?
3. How does James plan to survive hunger while on the peach?
4. How are the beds created in the peach?
5. How were the beans made?
6. How does the Spider and Silk Worm help with James' plan to save the peach from the danger the Centipede found?
7. What do the earthworm and the centipede argue about when James first meets them?
8. How do the aunts use the giant peach for their benefit?
9. What does James think just before he enters the peach?
10. How does James feel while the peach is rolling?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)