|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the hairs raised on James' neck when he is alone with the peach?
(a) He feels this has already happened before.
(b) He feels like something is about to happen.
(c) He is scared.
(d) He is cold.
2. Why does James live with his aunts?
(a) His parents died.
(b) They requested it.
(c) It was stated in the will.
(d) He likes them.
3. Why is James so afraid when he sees the creatures in the center of the peach?
(a) He thinks he is dead.
(b) He didn't think they were real.
(c) He thinks they want to eat him.
(d) His parents told them about these.
4. Who calms the Earthworm down when she gets worried about being at sea?
(a) The Spider.
(b) The Centipede.
(c) The Ladybug.
5. Who calms the insects down when they are at sea?
(b) The Grasshopper.
(c) The Glow Worm.
(d) The Spider.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it strange to see a peach on the tree?
2. How is the peach disconnected from the tree?
3. How many pairs of boots does the Centipede have?
4. What killed James' parents?
5. How does Aunt Spiker die?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does James plan to survive hunger while on the peach?
2. What makes the ladybug laugh when he first meets James?
3. What do the insects tell James when he gets to the middle of the peach?
4. What is Aunt Spiker like?
5. What worries the Earthworm the most about being at sea?
6. How does James plan to rescue the peach from the danger the Centipede sees when they are in the ocean?
7. How does the peach break away from the tree?
8. How were the beans made?
9. Why does James come to live with his aunts?
10. What kind of damage does the giant peach cause as it rolls?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)