|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the witches threaten to do if James eats the peach?
(a) Sell him.
(b) Beat him.
(c) Starve him.
(d) Adopt him.
2. How big is the peach when it rests on the ground?
(a) As big as a car.
(b) As big as a tree.
(c) As big as a house.
(d) As big as a tent.
3. What sound marks Aunt Sponge's death to James?
(a) A scream.
(b) A crunch.
(c) A squish,
(d) A thud.
4. How does Aunt Sponge die?
(a) She falls down the hill.
(b) She gets rolled over by the peach.
(c) She is scared to death.
(d) She is bit by the giant spider.
5. Where is James confined to at the aunts' house?
(a) The garden.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The basement.
(d) The tree house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does James find in the center of the peach?
2. What color are the beans that the old man has?
3. What killed James' parents?
4. What calms James' fear in the center of the peach?
5. What time is James alone with the peach?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Aunt Sponge like?
2. What makes the ladybug laugh when he first meets James?
3. What does James help the centipede with when they first meet?
4. What is Aunt Spiker like?
5. How does James plan to rescue the peach from the danger the Centipede sees when they are in the ocean?
6. What does James think just before he enters the peach?
7. What is the first evidence of the magic caused by the beans?
8. What is James's biggest worry after spilling the beans?
9. How does the peach break away from the tree?
10. How does James plan to survive hunger while on the peach?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)