|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How big is the peach when it rests on the ground?
(a) As big as a house.
(b) As big as a tree.
(c) As big as a tent.
(d) As big as a car.
2. What is strange about the beans the old man has?
(a) They are singing.
(b) All of these.
(c) They are glowing.
(d) They are hot to the touch.
3. What killed James' parents?
(a) A tiger.
(b) A lion.
(c) A rhinocerous.
(d) An alligator.
4. What wakes James on his first morning in the peach?
(a) The centipede yells.
(b) A warm heat.
(c) Everything is shaking.
(d) A loud bang.
5. What are the beds in the peach made of?
(b) Silk strands.
(d) Peach pit.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many pairs of boots does the Centipede have?
2. How long have the creatures in the peach have been waiting for?
3. What do the creatures in the peach say they have been waiting for?
4. What is Aunt Spiker thinking about when she dies?
5. Where is James locked after the peach is grown?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does James come to live with his aunts?
2. How does James plan to rescue the peach from the danger the Centipede sees when they are in the ocean?
3. What makes the ladybug laugh when he first meets James?
4. How does the Spider and Silk Worm help with James' plan to save the peach from the danger the Centipede found?
5. How do the aunts use the giant peach for their benefit?
6. How does James feel while the peach is rolling?
7. How does James plan to survive hunger while on the peach?
8. How do James's parents die?
9. How do the aunts want to punish James just before seeing the peach in their tree?
10. What is James's biggest worry after spilling the beans?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)