|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the aunts plan to make money off the peach?
(a) By selling it to a museum.
(b) By making lots of pie.
(c) By charging people to see it.
(d) Py planting the pit for another giant peach.
2. What is strange about the beans the old man has?
(a) They are singing.
(b) They are hot to the touch.
(c) They are glowing.
(d) All of these.
3. What wakes James on his first morning in the peach?
(a) Everything is shaking.
(b) The centipede yells.
(c) A warm heat.
(d) A loud bang.
4. What does James feel as the peach begins to roll?
5. What does the ladybug think when the peach stops rolling?
(a) They are still rolling.
(b) They are airborn.
(c) They are bobbing up and down.
(d) They are under ground.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who notices the peach on the tree?
2. Why do the other insects not believe what the ladybug thinks when the peach stops rolling?
3. Who notices the sharks coming to the peach?
4. What does the Earthworm compare herself to when the sharks are seen?
5. Why does the old man give James the beans?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the earthworm and the centipede argue about when James first meets them?
2. What does James help the centipede with when they first meet?
3. What is James's biggest worry after spilling the beans?
4. How do the aunts use the giant peach for their benefit?
5. How does James spill the beans?
6. What is Aunt Sponge like?
7. How do James's parents die?
8. How were the beans made?
9. How do the insects feel when they see they are in the ocean, and why?
10. What makes the ladybug laugh when he first meets James?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)