|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of creatures does James find in the center of the peach?
2. What does James do when he stops for breaks in the peach tunnel?
(a) Washes himself.
(b) Calls for his aunts.
(c) Takes bites of the peach.
(d) Says chants.
3. How big is the peach when it rests on the ground?
(a) As big as a house.
(b) As big as a car.
(c) As big as a tent.
(d) As big as a tree.
4. What do the voices in the center of the peach say when James enters?
(a) They are afraid of him.
(b) They are happy to meet him.
(c) They can leave now.
(d) They have been waiting for him.
5. What lights the inside of the peach?
(a) The glow worm.
(b) A Christmas light.
(c) The lightning bug.
(d) A magic bean.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calms the Earthworm down when she gets worried about being at sea?
2. What does James help the centipede with while the beds are made?
3. Where did the thing that killed James' parents escape from?
4. What item was James allowed to bring with him to his aunts' house?
5. What is Aunt Sponge thinking about when she dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Aunt Spiker like?
2. How does James plan to survive hunger while on the peach?
3. What kind of damage does the giant peach cause as it rolls?
4. What does James help the centipede with when they first meet?
5. What worries the Earthworm the most about being at sea?
6. How were the beans made?
7. How do the aunts use the giant peach for their benefit?
8. What does James think just before he enters the peach?
9. What do the insects tell James when he gets to the middle of the peach?
10. What is the first evidence of the magic caused by the beans?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)