|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does James live with his aunts?
(a) He likes them.
(b) They requested it.
(c) It was stated in the will.
(d) His parents died.
2. Where did the thing that killed James' parents escape from?
(a) An aquarium.
(b) The circus.
(c) A pet store.
(d) The zoo.
3. Why does the old man give James the beans?
(a) To punish the aunts.
(b) To make some money.
(c) To get rid of them.
(d) To cheer him up.
4. What sound marks Aunt Sponge's death to James?
(a) A crunch.
(b) A squish,
(c) A thud.
(d) A scream.
5. What killed James' parents?
(a) A rhinocerous.
(b) A tiger.
(c) An alligator.
(d) A lion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What favor does James ask of his aunts?
2. Why is James so afraid when he sees the creatures in the center of the peach?
3. How do the aunts plan to make money off the peach?
4. What does James do when he stops for breaks in the peach tunnel?
5. How big is the peach when James starts to climb the tree?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are the beds created in the peach?
2. How does James spill the beans?
3. What does James learn about glow worms on his first night in the peach?
4. How do the aunts want to punish James just before seeing the peach in their tree?
5. What is James's biggest worry after spilling the beans?
6. What makes the ladybug laugh when he first meets James?
7. How does James plan to rescue the peach from the danger the Centipede sees when they are in the ocean?
8. How does the peach break away from the tree?
9. What worries the Earthworm the most about being at sea?
10. How do the insects feel when they see they are in the ocean, and why?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)