|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calms the Earthworm down when she gets worried about being at sea?
(a) The Centipede.
(b) The Spider.
(c) The Ladybug.
2. How many aunts does James live with?
3. Who calms the insects down when they are at sea?
(a) The Glow Worm.
(c) The Spider.
(d) The Grasshopper.
4. What killed James' parents?
(a) A tiger.
(b) A lion.
(c) An alligator.
(d) A rhinocerous.
5. What are the beans kept in?
(a) A brief case.
(b) A tin cup.
(c) A plastic container.
(d) A paper bag.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is James locked after the peach is grown?
2. Who gets the full effect of the magic beans?
3. What is the Earthworm most worried about to be at sea?
4. Who makes the beds in the peach?
5. What sound marks Aunt Spiker's death to James?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the peach break away from the tree?
2. How do James's aunts die?
3. How does James feel while the peach is rolling?
4. Why does James come to live with his aunts?
5. How does the Spider and Silk Worm help with James' plan to save the peach from the danger the Centipede found?
6. How are the beds created in the peach?
7. How do the insects feel when they see they are in the ocean, and why?
8. What is Aunt Spiker like?
9. What is James's biggest worry after spilling the beans?
10. What kind of damage does the giant peach cause as it rolls?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)