|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does James live with his aunts?
(a) He likes them.
(b) His parents died.
(c) They requested it.
(d) It was stated in the will.
2. What do the voices in the center of the peach say when James enters?
(a) They are happy to meet him.
(b) They have been waiting for him.
(c) They can leave now.
(d) They are afraid of him.
3. What kind of factory does the rolling peach ruin?
(a) A toothbrush factory.
(b) A steel factory.
(c) A chocolate factory.
(d) A cheese factory.
4. What is strange about the beans the old man has?
(a) They are glowing.
(b) They are singing.
(c) All of these.
(d) They are hot to the touch.
5. How do the insects feel when they see they are in the sea?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is James confined to at the aunts' house?
2. What stopped the rolling peach?
3. What can James see from his aunts' house?
4. Who notices the peach on the tree?
5. How many people come to see the peach?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the insects tell James when he gets to the middle of the peach?
2. How does James feel while the peach is rolling?
3. How do James's aunts die?
4. What is James's biggest worry after spilling the beans?
5. How does the peach break away from the tree?
6. What does James do while the aunts use the peach to their benefit?
7. What is Aunt Spiker like?
8. How does James plan to survive hunger while on the peach?
9. How do the aunts use the giant peach for their benefit?
10. How were the beans made?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)