|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does James find in the center of the peach?
(a) A web.
(b) A door.
(c) The pit.
(d) Some footprints.
2. Who notices the peach on the tree?
(a) Aunt Spoke.
(b) Aunt Sponge.
(c) Aunt Spiker.
(d) Aunt Spittle.
3. What favor does James ask of his aunts?
(a) To visit his parent's graves.
(b) To go to school.
(c) To have a regular lunch.
(d) To go to the sea.
4. How does James feel as he climbs through the tunnel?
5. What kind of animals did the rolling peach frighten?
(a) Circus animals.
(b) Wild animals.
(c) Farm animals.
(d) Zoo animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does James say he needs to save the peach from the sharks?
2. Where is James locked after the peach is grown?
3. Why does James not pick the peach?
4. What are the beds in the peach made of?
5. What is Aunt Sponge thinking about when she dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the peach break away from the tree?
2. What does the Lady Bug teach James about himself?
3. Why is James so surprised when he sees the Cloud Men?
4. What does the Spider do to make a living at the end of the book?
5. What is the first evidence of the magic caused by the beans?
6. What does James help the centipede with when they first meet?
7. How do the aunts use the giant peach for their benefit?
8. How does James get to the center of the peach?
9. What grave danger does the Centipede see for the peach when they are in the ocean?
10. Why does the Spider cry when she tells her story?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)