|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the aunts plan to make money off the peach?
(a) By selling it to a museum.
(b) By making lots of pie.
(c) By charging people to see it.
(d) Py planting the pit for another giant peach.
2. Who makes the beds in the peach?
(a) The silk worm.
(b) The spider.
(c) The centipede.
(d) The grasshopper.
3. Where is James confined to at the aunts' house?
(a) The tree house.
(b) The garden.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The basement.
4. What kind of creatures does James find in the center of the peach?
5. Who disconnects the peach from the tree?
(a) The ladybug.
(b) The glow worm.
(c) The spider.
(d) The centipede.
Short Answer Questions
1. What changes James's feelings as the peach begins rolling?
2. Why do the insects feel the way they do when they see they are in the sea?
3. What does James compare the fur on the peach to?
4. What do the witches threaten to do if James eats the peach?
5. How big is the peach when James starts to climb the tree?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of damage does the giant peach cause as it rolls?
2. What does James do while the aunts use the peach to their benefit?
3. How does James spill the beans?
4. What do the insects tell James when he gets to the middle of the peach?
5. How were the beans made?
6. How do the aunts use the giant peach for their benefit?
7. What makes the ladybug laugh when he first meets James?
8. How does the peach break away from the tree?
9. How do the aunts want to punish James just before seeing the peach in their tree?
10. What is the first evidence of the magic caused by the beans?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)