|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the Grasshopper's ears?
(a) His heads.
(b) His legs.
(c) His abdomen.
(d) His wings.
2. Who saves the Centipede when he falls off the peach?
(a) The Grasshopper.
(b) The Lady Bug.
(d) The Glow Worm.
3. Who saves the peach from the deluge of water?
(a) The seagulls.
(b) The Cloud Men.
(d) The pelicans.
4. What instrument does James compare the Grasshopper to?
(a) A violin.
(b) A French horn.
(c) A drum.
(d) A guitar.
5. What direction has the peach floated over?
6. Where does the Grasshopper get a job with?
(a) A touring musical.
(b) A symphony.
(c) A swing band.
(d) A cruise ship.
7. Why didn't the sharks do much damage to the peach?
(a) Their mouths are not shaped right.
(b) They were afraid of the size.
(c) They were fighting each other.
(d) They eat meat.
8. How do the insects celebrate the small damage done by the sharks?
(a) They play a game.
(b) They have a feast.
(c) They play music.
(d) They take a nap.
9. Who offers words of comfort when the people on the peach start panicking as they near the city?
(a) The Silk Worm.
(c) The Earthworm.
10. What does James plan to use as the bait for the seagulls?
(a) The Earthworm.
(b) A Painting.
(c) Bits of peach.
(d) Bread crumbs.
11. What does the Lady Bug like to eat?
(c) Small insects.
12. Why is James the first one to come out of the peach?
(a) He is the most excited.
(b) The people have been looking for him.
(c) He is the only one who can climb.
(d) The people are afraid of the insects.
13. How does James get the peach to get closer to the land?
(a) He cuts seagulls loose.
(b) He has the grasshopper use his wings.
(c) He eats the peach.
(d) He uses hot air to direct it.
14. What did Spider's aunt get stuck in?
15. Why does the Spider start to cry when she talks about herself?
(a) Spiders have a bad reputation.
(b) All of these.
(c) She gets emotional often.
(d) She thinks James will not like her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does James promise before he begins his plan to save the peach from the sharks?
2. Who yells at the Cloud Men?
3. How do people in the city feel when they see the peach?
4. What time is land first seen from the peach?
5. What does the Spider make to help see the damage done by the sharks?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)