|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument does James compare the Grasshopper to?
(a) A drum.
(b) A French horn.
(c) A violin.
(d) A guitar.
2. Why do people in the city feel the way they do when they see the peach?
(a) They think it is part of the war.
(b) They think it is part of the circus.
(c) They see things like that all the time.
(d) They think it is an advertisement.
3. What do people in the city think the floating peach is?
(a) A billboard.
(b) A bomb.
(c) A hot air balloon.
(d) An airplane.
4. Why is James the first one to come out of the peach?
(a) The people are afraid of the insects.
(b) The people have been looking for him.
(c) He is the only one who can climb.
(d) He is the most excited.
5. What does James promise before he begins his plan to save the peach from the sharks?
(a) That he will do it fast.
(b) That he will try to protect the Spider's silk.
(c) That he won't let the birds touch the worm.
(d) That he will stay out of harm.
6. What is mind boggling to James when he sees the city below him?
(a) How familiar it all looks.
(b) How strange he must look.
(c) How happy he is.
(d) How far away he is from home.
7. Why didn't the sharks do much damage to the peach?
(a) They eat meat.
(b) Their mouths are not shaped right.
(c) They were fighting each other.
(d) They were afraid of the size.
8. What do the critters in the peach do before the peach lands?
(a) Primp and preen.
(b) Collect their things.
(c) Let go one seagull at a time.
(d) Say their goodbyes.
9. What does the Grasshopper use to make music?
(a) All of these.
(b) His legs.
(c) His abdomen.
(d) His wings.
10. What spilled on the Centipede when he was helping with the Cloud Men?
11. How does James describe the rainbow the Cloud Men are making?
12. What do the policemen think the giant peach is?
(a) A bomb.
(b) A giant peach.
(c) A flying saucer.
(d) A time capsule.
13. How long did Spider keep her aunt alive when she was stuck?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 6 hours.
(c) 6 days.
(d) 6 weeks.
14. What do city people think the people in the peach are?
15. Who has a memory when the Centipede has something spilled on him?
(a) The Spider.
(b) The Glow Worm.
(c) The Earth Worm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wants to eat the peach when it is brought to the ground?
2. What do the insects do when the Grasshopper is done making his music?
3. What time is land first seen from the peach?
4. How does James describe the insects to all the city people?
5. What kind of Grasshopper is the Grasshopper?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)