|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the insects greeted with when they get to the ground?
(a) A police escort.
2. How does James describe the music made by the Grasshopper?
3. What do people in the city think the floating peach is?
(a) An airplane.
(b) A hot air balloon.
(c) A billboard.
(d) A bomb.
4. Who saves the Centipede when he falls off the peach?
(a) The Lady Bug.
(c) The Glow Worm.
(d) The Grasshopper.
5. What month did Spider's aunt die in?
6. What instrument does James compare the Grasshopper to?
(a) A guitar.
(b) A French horn.
(c) A drum.
(d) A violin.
7. How is the peach brought to the ground?
(a) Large ladders are constructed.
(b) It is pushed down by the Spider.
(c) Birds eat the meat until it falls.
(d) Men with cranes get it down.
8. Why do people in the city feel the way they do when they see the peach?
(a) They see things like that all the time.
(b) They think it is an advertisement.
(c) They think it is part of the war.
(d) They think it is part of the circus.
9. What do the Cloud Men do when they are yelled at?
(a) They sing a song.
(b) They beg for help.
(c) They blow the peach away.
(d) They throw hail at the peach.
10. Why is James the first one to come out of the peach?
(a) He is the most excited.
(b) The people are afraid of the insects.
(c) He is the only one who can climb.
(d) The people have been looking for him.
11. Who captures each of the seagulls?
(a) The Glow Worm.
(c) The Earth Worm.
(d) The grasshopper.
12. Who is the first to see land from the peach?
(a) The centipede.
(b) The Silk Worm.
(c) The grasshopper.
13. How many seagulls total are captured?
14. What event is held to welcome the insects?
(a) A party.
(b) A festival.
(c) A play.
(d) A parade.
15. Who wants to eat the peach when it is brought to the ground?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the substance poured on the Centipede make it hard for him to do?
2. How does James get the peach to get closer to the land?
3. What does the Grasshopper teach James about?
4. What direction has the peach floated over?
5. Where does the Grasshopper get a job with?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)