|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do people in the city think the floating peach is?
(a) A billboard.
(b) A hot air balloon.
(c) An airplane.
(d) A bomb.
2. What is the peach transformed into when it gets to the ground?
(a) A house.
(b) A monument.
(c) A float.
(d) A pie.
3. What time is land first seen from the peach?
4. What does James promise before he begins his plan to save the peach from the sharks?
(a) That he will stay out of harm.
(b) That he will do it fast.
(c) That he will try to protect the Spider's silk.
(d) That he won't let the birds touch the worm.
5. How many spots does the Lady Bug have?
6. What do the insects do when the Grasshopper is done making his music?
(a) They cheer.
(b) They fall asleep.
(c) They yell.
(d) They beg for more.
7. How did the Spider's father die?
(a) He was squished by a farm wife.
(b) He was poisoned at a farm.
(c) He was washed down the drain.
(d) He was eaten by a bird.
8. What event is held to welcome the insects?
(a) A parade.
(b) A festival.
(c) A party.
(d) A play.
9. What does the Spider make to help see the damage done by the sharks?
(a) A cocoon.
(b) A lasso.
(c) A ladder.
(d) A rope.
10. What does the peach land on?
(a) The Empire State Building.
(b) The Golden Gate Bridge.
(c) The London Bridge.
(d) The Eiffel Tower.
11. Who checks on the damage done by the sharks once the peach is floating?
(a) The Silk Worm.
(b) The Lady Bug.
(c) The Spider.
(d) The Centipede.
12. Who dumps water on the peach?
(a) The pelicans.
(b) The seagulls.
(c) The Cloud Men.
(d) The Rain Men.
13. What instrument does James compare the Grasshopper to?
(a) A violin.
(b) A drum.
(c) A French horn.
(d) A guitar.
14. Who does the Earthworm say she likes to benefit?
15. What do the policemen think the giant peach is?
(a) A time capsule.
(b) A giant peach.
(c) A flying saucer.
(d) A bomb.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the Grasshopper?
2. What is mind boggling to James when he sees the city below him?
3. What is the person on the ship who sees the floating peach accused of?
4. What do the Cloud Men make?
5. What does James plan to use as the bait for the seagulls?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)