|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many seagulls total are captured?
2. Why does the Spider start to cry when she talks about herself?
(a) Spiders have a bad reputation.
(b) She gets emotional often.
(c) She thinks James will not like her.
(d) All of these.
3. Who saves the peach from the deluge of water?
(b) The pelicans.
(c) The Cloud Men.
(d) The seagulls.
4. What instrument does James compare the Grasshopper to?
(a) A drum.
(b) A French horn.
(c) A violin.
(d) A guitar.
5. What does the Grasshopper teach James about?
6. Why do people in the city feel the way they do when they see the peach?
(a) They see things like that all the time.
(b) They think it is an advertisement.
(c) They think it is part of the war.
(d) They think it is part of the circus.
7. How do the Cloud Men make rainbows?
(a) They freeze them.
(b) They paint them.
(c) They build them.
(d) They mold them.
8. How is the falling peach announced to the people in the city?
(a) It is not announced at all.
(b) There is a story on the radio.
(c) Police men spread the news.
(d) Air raids are sounded.
9. What do the Cloud Men threaten to do after the rainbow is ruined?
(a) Make more hailstones.
(b) Cut the seagull lines.
(c) Stop making rainbows.
(d) Eat the peach.
10. What does the Spider make to help see the damage done by the sharks?
(a) A lasso.
(b) A rope.
(c) A ladder.
(d) A cocoon.
11. Who does the Earthworm say she likes to benefit?
12. How does James get the peach to get closer to the land?
(a) He eats the peach.
(b) He cuts seagulls loose.
(c) He uses hot air to direct it.
(d) He has the grasshopper use his wings.
13. What do city people think the people in the peach are?
14. Where is the bait hidden once the seagulls come close to the peach?
(a) In the peach.
(b) Under the stem.
(c) In the crease.
(d) Under a blanket.
15. How did the Spider's father die?
(a) He was poisoned at a farm.
(b) He was squished by a farm wife.
(c) He was washed down the drain.
(d) He was eaten by a bird.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the people on the peach not aware of how the people in the city feel?
2. How does the Centipede defend the peach against the Cloud Men?
3. What do the policemen do when they see the people on the peach?
4. Who checks on the damage done by the sharks once the peach is floating?
5. How do people in the city feel when they see the peach?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)