|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city does the peach land in?
(b) Hong Kong.
(c) New York City.
2. How do the insects celebrate the small damage done by the sharks?
(a) They play music.
(b) They have a feast.
(c) They take a nap.
(d) They play a game.
3. How is the peach brought to the ground?
(a) It is pushed down by the Spider.
(b) Men with cranes get it down.
(c) Large ladders are constructed.
(d) Birds eat the meat until it falls.
4. What is the person on the ship who sees the floating peach accused of?
(a) Staying up too late.
(c) Spinning tales.
(d) Hitting his head.
5. What event is held to welcome the insects?
(a) A play.
(b) A party.
(c) A parade.
(d) A festival.
6. What does the Grasshopper teach James about?
7. What does the Lady Bug say his spots indicate?
(a) How old he is.
(b) All of these.
(c) Where he is from.
(d) What branch he belongs to.
8. What does the substance poured on the Centipede make it hard for him to do?
(c) All of these.
9. What is the first thing noticed about the city below the peach?
(a) The church spires.
(b) The bright colors.
(c) The tall buildings.
(d) The farm lands.
10. Who dumps water on the peach?
(a) The seagulls.
(b) The Rain Men.
(c) The Cloud Men.
(d) The pelicans.
11. What do the policemen do when they see the people on the peach?
(a) Get to work.
12. Who yells at the Cloud Men?
(a) The Centipede.
(b) The Silk Worm.
(c) The Grasshopper.
(d) The Lady Bug.
13. Why does the Spider start to cry when she talks about herself?
(a) All of these.
(b) She gets emotional often.
(c) Spiders have a bad reputation.
(d) She thinks James will not like her.
14. What are the insects greeted with when they get to the ground?
(a) A police escort.
15. How did the Spider's father die?
(a) He was washed down the drain.
(b) He was squished by a farm wife.
(c) He was eaten by a bird.
(d) He was poisoned at a farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Grasshopper use to make music?
2. What does the Spider make to help see the damage done by the sharks?
3. Why didn't the sharks do much damage to the peach?
4. What instrument does James compare the Grasshopper to?
5. How long does it take the insects to get down to the ground once the peach lands?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)