|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the policemen do when they see the people on the peach?
(b) Get to work.
2. Who does the Earthworm say she likes to benefit?
3. Where does the Grasshopper get a job with?
(a) A touring musical.
(b) A swing band.
(c) A symphony.
(d) A cruise ship.
4. What does James plan to use as the bait for the seagulls?
(a) Bread crumbs.
(b) The Earthworm.
(c) Bits of peach.
(d) A Painting.
5. How does James get the peach to get closer to the land?
(a) He uses hot air to direct it.
(b) He eats the peach.
(c) He has the grasshopper use his wings.
(d) He cuts seagulls loose.
6. What do people in the city think the floating peach is?
(a) A bomb.
(b) An airplane.
(c) A billboard.
(d) A hot air balloon.
7. Who checks on the damage done by the sharks once the peach is floating?
(a) The Spider.
(b) The Centipede.
(c) The Silk Worm.
(d) The Lady Bug.
8. Where is the bait hidden once the seagulls come close to the peach?
(a) In the peach.
(b) Under the stem.
(c) Under a blanket.
(d) In the crease.
9. Why are the people on the peach not aware of how the people in the city feel?
(a) They are saying goodbye to each other.
(b) They cannot see them.
(c) They are preoccupied.
(d) They are too scared.
10. What kind of company does the Centipede start working for?
(a) A dance studio.
(b) A boot company.
(c) An airport.
(d) A hat company.
11. Who offers words of comfort when the people on the peach start panicking as they near the city?
(a) The Earthworm.
(b) The Silk Worm.
12. Who does the Lady bug like to benefit?
13. How does the Centipede defend the peach against the Cloud Men?
(a) He stands guard at the tunnel.
(b) He distracts them.
(c) He chews the rope a cloudman is hanging on to.
(d) He throws peach chunks at the Cloud Men.
14. What does the Centipede do to try and cheer up the Spider?
(a) He laughs out loud.
(b) He tells a joke.
(c) He rubs her shoulders.
(d) He does a dance.
15. What are the insects greeted with when they get to the ground?
(a) A police escort.
Short Answer Questions
1. What spilled on the Centipede when he was helping with the Cloud Men?
2. What do city people think the people in the peach are?
3. What did Spider bring her aunt to keep her alive when she was stuck?
4. How do people in the city feel when they see the peach?
5. What is mind boggling to James when he sees the city below him?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)