|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does James promise before he begins his plan to save the peach from the sharks?
(a) That he will stay out of harm.
(b) That he will try to protect the Spider's silk.
(c) That he won't let the birds touch the worm.
(d) That he will do it fast.
2. Who checks on the damage done by the sharks once the peach is floating?
(a) The Lady Bug.
(b) The Silk Worm.
(c) The Spider.
(d) The Centipede.
3. Why does the Spider start to cry when she talks about herself?
(a) She gets emotional often.
(b) All of these.
(c) She thinks James will not like her.
(d) Spiders have a bad reputation.
4. How is the falling peach announced to the people in the city?
(a) Police men spread the news.
(b) It is not announced at all.
(c) Air raids are sounded.
(d) There is a story on the radio.
5. How do people in the city feel when they see the peach?
6. What direction has the peach floated over?
7. What does the Grasshopper teach James about?
8. How does James describe the music made by the Grasshopper?
9. How does the Centipede defend the peach against the Cloud Men?
(a) He chews the rope a cloudman is hanging on to.
(b) He distracts them.
(c) He throws peach chunks at the Cloud Men.
(d) He stands guard at the tunnel.
10. How does James prove how much he loves his new friends to the city people?
(a) He tells of their journey.
(b) He sings a song.
(c) He writes a story.
(d) He brings the Earth worm with him.
11. How long did Spider keep her aunt alive when she was stuck?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 6 days.
(c) 6 hours.
(d) 6 weeks.
12. What is the first thing noticed about the city below the peach?
(a) The church spires.
(b) The tall buildings.
(c) The farm lands.
(d) The bright colors.
13. How does James describe the insects to all the city people?
14. What does the Grasshopper use to make music?
(a) His abdomen.
(b) All of these.
(c) His legs.
(d) His wings.
15. What do the policemen do when they see the people on the peach?
(a) Get to work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the policemen think the giant peach is?
2. How long does it take the insects to get down to the ground once the peach lands?
3. What is the peach transformed into when it gets to the ground?
4. What does the substance poured on the Centipede make it hard for him to do?
5. Where are the Grasshopper's ears?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)