|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who checks on the damage done by the sharks once the peach is floating?
(a) The Lady Bug.
(b) The Spider.
(c) The Centipede.
(d) The Silk Worm.
2. What does the Spider make to help see the damage done by the sharks?
(a) A lasso.
(b) A ladder.
(c) A cocoon.
(d) A rope.
3. What spilled on the Centipede when he was helping with the Cloud Men?
4. What do crickets use to make music?
(a) Their mouth.
(b) Their legs.
(c) Their wings.
(d) Their abdomen.
5. How is the falling peach announced to the people in the city?
(a) It is not announced at all.
(b) Air raids are sounded.
(c) Police men spread the news.
(d) There is a story on the radio.
6. What do the Cloud Men threaten to do after the rainbow is ruined?
(a) Stop making rainbows.
(b) Eat the peach.
(c) Make more hailstones.
(d) Cut the seagull lines.
7. How does James get the peach to get closer to the land?
(a) He uses hot air to direct it.
(b) He cuts seagulls loose.
(c) He eats the peach.
(d) He has the grasshopper use his wings.
8. How long does it take the insects to get down to the ground once the peach lands?
(a) 15 minutes.
(b) 5 hours.
(c) 5 minutes.
(d) 50 minutes.
9. What do city people think the people in the peach are?
10. Who does the silkworm weave ropes for?
(c) Tightrope walkers.
(d) Moving companies.
11. How is the Centipede saved from what was spilled on?
(a) The Cloud Men break it away.
(b) Water washes it away.
(c) The sun melts it away.
(d) The Earth Worm loosens up.
12. Who does the Earthworm say she likes to benefit?
13. What does the Earthworm like to eat?
(a) All of these.
14. What month did Spider's aunt die in?
15. What do the policemen think the giant peach is?
(a) A time capsule.
(b) A flying saucer.
(c) A giant peach.
(d) A bomb.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Centipede defend the peach against the Cloud Men?
2. What event is held to welcome the insects?
3. What did Spider's aunt get stuck in?
4. How does James describe the music made by the Grasshopper?
5. Who saves the peach from the deluge of water?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)