|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take the insects to get down to the ground once the peach lands?
(a) 5 minutes.
(b) 5 hours.
(c) 50 minutes.
(d) 15 minutes.
2. Who on the ship sees the floating peach?
(a) The first attendant.
(b) The cook.
(c) The captain.
(d) The cabin boy.
3. Who offers words of comfort when the people on the peach start panicking as they near the city?
(a) The Silk Worm.
(b) The Earthworm.
4. What do crickets use to make music?
(a) Their mouth.
(b) Their abdomen.
(c) Their wings.
(d) Their legs.
5. How does James describe the insects to all the city people?
6. What do people in the city think the floating peach is?
(a) A billboard.
(b) A hot air balloon.
(c) A bomb.
(d) An airplane.
7. How do people in the city feel when they see the peach?
8. How does James prove how much he loves his new friends to the city people?
(a) He brings the Earth worm with him.
(b) He sings a song.
(c) He writes a story.
(d) He tells of their journey.
9. What do city people think the people in the peach are?
10. How does James describe the rainbow the Cloud Men are making?
11. Who is the first to see land from the peach?
(a) The centipede.
(c) The grasshopper.
(d) The Silk Worm.
12. How does James describe the music made by the Grasshopper?
13. What event is held to welcome the insects?
(a) A party.
(b) A festival.
(c) A play.
(d) A parade.
14. Where is the bait hidden once the seagulls come close to the peach?
(a) In the crease.
(b) Under a blanket.
(c) Under the stem.
(d) In the peach.
15. What is mind boggling to James when he sees the city below him?
(a) How far away he is from home.
(b) How happy he is.
(c) How familiar it all looks.
(d) How strange he must look.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the policemen think the giant peach is?
2. How many spots does the Lady Bug have?
3. What is the first thing noticed about the city below the peach?
4. What month did Spider's aunt die in?
5. Who has a memory when the Centipede has something spilled on him?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)