|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the critters in the peach do before the peach lands?
(a) Let go one seagull at a time.
(b) Primp and preen.
(c) Say their goodbyes.
(d) Collect their things.
2. What was Spider's aunt killed with?
(a) A fly swatter.
(b) A mop.
(c) A spoon.
(d) A broom.
3. Why does the Spider start to cry when she talks about herself?
(a) She thinks James will not like her.
(b) All of these.
(c) She gets emotional often.
(d) Spiders have a bad reputation.
4. What time is land first seen from the peach?
5. How did the Spider's father die?
(a) He was poisoned at a farm.
(b) He was washed down the drain.
(c) He was eaten by a bird.
(d) He was squished by a farm wife.
6. Who is the first to see land from the peach?
(a) The grasshopper.
(c) The centipede.
(d) The Silk Worm.
7. Who on the ship sees the floating peach?
(a) The captain.
(b) The cabin boy.
(c) The first attendant.
(d) The cook.
8. Who has a memory when the Centipede has something spilled on him?
(a) The Earth Worm.
(b) The Glow Worm.
(d) The Spider.
9. What are the insects greeted with when they get to the ground?
(b) A police escort.
10. What do the insects do when the Grasshopper is done making his music?
(a) They fall asleep.
(b) They yell.
(c) They beg for more.
(d) They cheer.
11. How does James describe the music made by the Grasshopper?
12. Where is the bait hidden once the seagulls come close to the peach?
(a) Under a blanket.
(b) In the peach.
(c) Under the stem.
(d) In the crease.
13. Who yells at the Cloud Men?
(a) The Silk Worm.
(b) The Centipede.
(c) The Grasshopper.
(d) The Lady Bug.
14. What is the first thing noticed about the city below the peach?
(a) The church spires.
(b) The tall buildings.
(c) The farm lands.
(d) The bright colors.
15. What does James promise before he begins his plan to save the peach from the sharks?
(a) That he will stay out of harm.
(b) That he will try to protect the Spider's silk.
(c) That he will do it fast.
(d) That he won't let the birds touch the worm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event is held to welcome the insects?
2. Who dumps water on the peach?
3. Who killed Spider's aunt?
4. What do the firefighters do when they see the people in the peach?
5. What does the Earthworm like to eat?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)