|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does James trip over before spilling the beans?
(a) A foot.
(b) A root.
(c) A boot.
(d) A garden shoot.
2. How big is the peach when James starts to climb the tree?
(a) As big as a balloon.
(b) As big as a melon.
(c) As big as a globe.
(d) As big as an apple.
3. What does James feel as the peach begins to roll?
4. What does James say he needs to save the peach from the sharks?
(b) Some string.
(c) A hook.
(d) A flashlight.
5. What stopped the rolling peach?
(a) The ocean.
(b) A large boulder.
(c) A mountain.
6. What do the voices in the center of the peach say when James enters?
(a) They are afraid of him.
(b) They have been waiting for him.
(c) They can leave now.
(d) They are happy to meet him.
7. What does James find in the center of the peach?
(a) A door.
(b) A web.
(c) The pit.
(d) Some footprints.
8. What changes James's feelings as the peach begins rolling?
(a) The aunts' death.
(b) The speed.
(c) The chaos.
(d) The darkness.
9. Where is James confined to at the aunts' house?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The tree house.
(c) The garden.
(d) The basement.
10. Why do the insects feel the way they do when they see they are in the sea?
(a) They have never seen the sea before.
(b) They know they are helping James.
(c) They cannot swim.
(d) They are finally on an adventure.
11. What kind of creatures does James find in the center of the peach?
12. Why does the old man give James the beans?
(a) To get rid of them.
(b) To punish the aunts.
(c) To make some money.
(d) To cheer him up.
13. What does James help the many footed creature in the peach do?
(a) Make dinner.
(b) Dry his toes.
(c) Take off his boots.
(d) Darn his socks.
14. Why is it strange to see a peach on the tree?
(a) It is an apple tree.
(b) It is the winter.
(c) It is an old barren tree.
(d) All of these.
15. How is the peach disconnected from the tree?
(a) The tree is poisoned.
(b) It is pushed.
(c) Wings beat against it.
(d) The stem is gnawed off.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is James locked after the peach is grown?
2. What lights the inside of the peach?
3. What wakes James on his first morning in the peach?
4. What can James see from his aunts' house?
5. How many aunts does James live with?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)