|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is James confined to at the aunts' house?
(a) The tree house.
(b) The basement.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The garden.
2. How many people come to see the peach?
(b) Hundreds of thousands.
3. Why does James not pick the peach?
(a) It makes him happy.
(b) It keeps growing.
(c) The aunts tell him not to.
(d) She is too scared.
4. What calms James' fear in the center of the peach?
5. What does James help the many footed creature in the peach do?
(a) Darn his socks.
(b) Take off his boots.
(c) Make dinner.
(d) Dry his toes.
6. Why does James live with his aunts?
(a) He likes them.
(b) His parents died.
(c) It was stated in the will.
(d) They requested it.
7. Where did James' parents die?
(b) New York.
8. What is strange about the beans the old man has?
(a) They are glowing.
(b) All of these.
(c) They are hot to the touch.
(d) They are singing.
9. What killed James' parents?
(a) A lion.
(b) An alligator.
(c) A rhinocerous.
(d) A tiger.
10. What is said to calm the Earthworm down when she gets worried about being at sea?
(a) The peach is floating.
(b) The hole is now at the top.
(c) They can eat the peach.
(d) They can't be lost as they had no plans.
11. What wakes James on his first morning in the peach?
(a) A warm heat.
(b) A loud bang.
(c) Everything is shaking.
(d) The centipede yells.
12. Who makes the beds in the peach?
(a) The centipede.
(b) The grasshopper.
(c) The silk worm.
(d) The spider.
13. What is Aunt Spiker thinking about when she dies?
(a) How to get rid of James.
(b) How much money she will make that day.
(c) How ugly her sister is.
(d) What to make with her peach.
14. How do the aunts plan to make money off the peach?
(a) By charging people to see it.
(b) By making lots of pie.
(c) Py planting the pit for another giant peach.
(d) By selling it to a museum.
15. How does James think the peach looks in the moonlight?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the creatures in the peach say they have been waiting for?
2. What does James help the centipede with while the beds are made?
3. How does James feel as he climbs through the tunnel?
4. What are the beans kept in?
5. What are the beds in the peach made of?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)