|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the creatures have roles before entering the peach?
(a) The attic.
(b) The tree.
(c) The garden.
(d) The clouds.
2. What does James sense while he is alone with the peach?
3. Where does James go to cry when the aunts refuse his request?
(a) The parlor.
(b) The bushes.
(c) His room.
(d) The garden.
4. What does the Earthworm compare herself to when the sharks are seen?
(a) A trout.
(b) A salami.
5. Why are the hairs raised on James' neck when he is alone with the peach?
(a) He is cold.
(b) He feels like something is about to happen.
(c) He feels this has already happened before.
(d) He is scared.
6. Who disconnects the peach from the tree?
(a) The spider.
(b) The centipede.
(c) The glow worm.
(d) The ladybug.
7. Who makes the beds in the peach?
(a) The spider.
(b) The silk worm.
(c) The grasshopper.
(d) The centipede.
8. What is Aunt Sponge thinking about when she dies?
(a) How to get rid of James.
(b) How much money she will make that day.
(c) How ugly her sister is.
(d) What to make with her peach.
9. What is strange about the beans the old man has?
(a) They are glowing.
(b) All of these.
(c) They are singing.
(d) They are hot to the touch.
10. How do the insects feel when they see they are in the sea?
11. What does James help the many footed creature in the peach do?
(a) Make dinner.
(b) Dry his toes.
(c) Take off his boots.
(d) Darn his socks.
12. How big is the peach when it rests on the ground?
(a) As big as a tree.
(b) As big as a tent.
(c) As big as a house.
(d) As big as a car.
13. How long have the creatures in the peach have been waiting for?
(a) All week.
(b) All month.
(c) All day.
(d) All night.
14. What do the aunts never call James?
15. How does James think the peach looks in the moonlight?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the aunts plan to make money off the peach?
2. What does James compare the fur on the peach to?
3. What kind of creatures does James find in the center of the peach?
4. How does the narrator describe James' early childhood?
5. What extra clothing was James allowed to bring with him to his aunts' house?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)