Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the beans spill near?
(a) A peach soda.
(b) The peach tree.
(c) The orchard.
(d) A peach pit.
2. What wakes James on his first morning in the peach?
(a) Everything is shaking.
(b) The centipede yells.
(c) A warm heat.
(d) A loud bang.
3. Why does James spill the beans?
(a) He is afraid of his aunts.
(b) He is in a hurry.
(c) He wants to see what happens.
(d) The old man told him to.
4. How many pairs of boots does the Centipede have?
5. How many people come to see the peach?
(c) Hundreds of thousands.
6. What color are the beans that the old man has?
7. What does James trip over before spilling the beans?
(a) A boot.
(b) A garden shoot.
(c) A root.
(d) A foot.
8. Why is James so afraid when he sees the creatures in the center of the peach?
(a) His parents told them about these.
(b) He thinks they want to eat him.
(c) He didn't think they were real.
(d) He thinks he is dead.
9. Where is James locked after the peach is grown?
(a) The office.
(b) The attic.
(c) His room.
(d) The bathroom.
10. Why are the hairs raised on James' neck when he is alone with the peach?
(a) He is cold.
(b) He feels this has already happened before.
(c) He feels like something is about to happen.
(d) He is scared.
11. What do the beans do when they hit the ground?
(a) Just sit there.
(c) Burrow into the earth.
12. What happened to James while the peach was rolling?
(a) He was tossed all around.
(b) He has a fun ride.
(c) He sat confortably.
(d) He ate his breakfast.
13. How does Aunt Spiker die?
(a) She falls down the hill.
(b) She is bit by the giant spider.
(c) She is scared to death.
(d) She gets rolled over by the peach.
14. What does James help the centipede with while the beds are made?
(a) His boots.
(b) Making the beds.
(c) Cleaning up from dinner.
(d) His nightcap.
15. Why does the old man give James the beans?
(a) To punish the aunts.
(b) To get rid of them.
(c) To cheer him up.
(d) To make some money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Earthworm most worried about to be at sea?
2. What item was James allowed to bring with him to his aunts' house?
3. What does James help the many footed creature in the peach do?
4. What can James see from his aunts' house?
5. How does the narrator describe James' early childhood?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)