|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of animal does James plan to use to save the peach from the sharks?
2. How does Aunt Spiker die?
(a) She falls down the hill.
(b) She gets rolled over by the peach.
(c) She is bit by the giant spider.
(d) She is scared to death.
3. Where does James go to cry when the aunts refuse his request?
(a) The parlor.
(b) His room.
(c) The garden.
(d) The bushes.
4. What favor does James ask of his aunts?
(a) To have a regular lunch.
(b) To go to the sea.
(c) To visit his parent's graves.
(d) To go to school.
5. What happened to James while the peach was rolling?
(a) He was tossed all around.
(b) He has a fun ride.
(c) He sat confortably.
(d) He ate his breakfast.
6. Who is happy about the destroyed factory?
(a) The insects.
(b) The workers.
(c) The children.
(d) The aunts.
7. What does James find in the center of the peach?
(a) A door.
(b) Some footprints.
(c) The pit.
(d) A web.
8. What lights the inside of the peach?
(a) The glow worm.
(b) A magic bean.
(c) A Christmas light.
(d) The lightning bug.
9. Who notices the peach on the tree?
(a) Aunt Spoke.
(b) Aunt Sponge.
(c) Aunt Spiker.
(d) Aunt Spittle.
10. What calms James' fear in the center of the peach?
11. What does the Earthworm compare herself to when the sharks are seen?
(b) A salami.
(c) A trout.
12. What is James doing when he asks a favor of his aunts?
(a) Cooking lunch.
(b) Weeding the garden.
(c) Painting a fence.
(d) Chopping wood.
13. Why does James not pick the peach?
(a) She is too scared.
(b) The aunts tell him not to.
(c) It keeps growing.
(d) It makes him happy.
14. What do the insects think of eating the peach?
(a) They hate it.
(b) They love it.
(c) They can't really taste it.
(d) They can tolerate it.
15. What is said to calm the Earthworm down when she gets worried about being at sea?
(a) The hole is now at the top.
(b) They can't be lost as they had no plans.
(c) They can eat the peach.
(d) The peach is floating.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does James do when he stops for breaks in the peach tunnel?
2. What item was James allowed to bring with him to his aunts' house?
3. What does James compare the fur on the peach to?
4. How many people come to see the peach?
5. Why does James live with his aunts?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)