|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound marks Aunt Sponge's death to James?
(a) A scream.
(b) A thud.
(c) A crunch.
(d) A squish,
2. Why does the old man give James the beans?
(a) To cheer him up.
(b) To get rid of them.
(c) To punish the aunts.
(d) To make some money.
3. What does James feel as the peach begins to roll?
4. What worries James the most when he spills the beans?
(a) That the old man will ask for more money.
(b) That his aunts will be mad.
(c) That he will never see them again.
(d) That bugs will harness the magic.
5. How many pairs of boots does the Centipede have?
6. Who gets the full effect of the magic beans?
(a) Anyone who sees it.
(b) Whoever touches them.
(c) The people with the right words.
(d) The old man.
7. What happened to James while the peach was rolling?
(a) He has a fun ride.
(b) He ate his breakfast.
(c) He was tossed all around.
(d) He sat confortably.
8. Where did the creatures have roles before entering the peach?
(a) The tree.
(b) The attic.
(c) The garden.
(d) The clouds.
9. What do the beans spill near?
(a) The orchard.
(b) A peach pit.
(c) A peach soda.
(d) The peach tree.
10. How does the narrator describe James' early childhood?
11. Who notices the peach on the tree?
(a) Aunt Spoke.
(b) Aunt Spiker.
(c) Aunt Spittle.
(d) Aunt Sponge.
12. What is Aunt Sponge thinking about when she dies?
(a) What to make with her peach.
(b) How to get rid of James.
(c) How ugly her sister is.
(d) How much money she will make that day.
13. What does James compare the fur on the peach to?
(a) A girl.
(b) A mouse.
(c) His mother.
(d) A kitten.
14. What favor does James ask of his aunts?
(a) To go to the sea.
(b) To have a regular lunch.
(c) To go to school.
(d) To visit his parent's graves.
15. What does the ladybug think when the peach stops rolling?
(a) They are bobbing up and down.
(b) They are airborn.
(c) They are still rolling.
(d) They are under ground.
Short Answer Questions
1. What wakes James on his first morning in the peach?
2. What does James say he needs to save the peach from the sharks?
3. How do the insects feel when they see they are in the sea?
4. What does James do at night after the peach is grown?
5. Who is happy about the destroyed factory?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)