|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Earthworm most worried about to be at sea?
(a) They will get lost.
(b) They will drown.
(c) They will fall out.
(d) They will starve.
2. What is Aunt Spiker thinking about when she dies?
(a) How much money she will make that day.
(b) What to make with her peach.
(c) How ugly her sister is.
(d) How to get rid of James.
3. How does Aunt Spiker die?
(a) She gets rolled over by the peach.
(b) She falls down the hill.
(c) She is bit by the giant spider.
(d) She is scared to death.
4. What kind of animal does James plan to use to save the peach from the sharks?
5. How big is the peach when James starts to climb the tree?
(a) As big as an apple.
(b) As big as a balloon.
(c) As big as a globe.
(d) As big as a melon.
6. Who disconnects the peach from the tree?
(a) The ladybug.
(b) The glow worm.
(c) The spider.
(d) The centipede.
7. What item was James allowed to bring with him to his aunts' house?
(a) A stuffed animal.
(b) A book.
(d) A toothbrush.
8. What does James do when he stops for breaks in the peach tunnel?
(a) Washes himself.
(b) Calls for his aunts.
(c) Takes bites of the peach.
(d) Says chants.
9. What do the witches threaten to do if James eats the peach?
(a) Sell him.
(b) Beat him.
(c) Adopt him.
(d) Starve him.
10. What does James compare the fur on the peach to?
(a) A mouse.
(b) His mother.
(c) A girl.
(d) A kitten.
11. Why does the old man give James the beans?
(a) To punish the aunts.
(b) To get rid of them.
(c) To make some money.
(d) To cheer him up.
12. Where did James' parents die?
(a) New York.
13. What stopped the rolling peach?
(a) The ocean.
(c) A mountain.
(d) A large boulder.
14. What does James find in the center of the peach?
(a) A door.
(b) The pit.
(c) A web.
(d) Some footprints.
15. What does James say he needs to save the peach from the sharks?
(a) A hook.
(b) Some string.
(c) A flashlight.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does James feel as he climbs through the tunnel?
2. What kind of animals did the rolling peach frighten?
3. How does the narrator describe James' early childhood?
4. What killed James' parents?
5. What changes James's feelings as the peach begins rolling?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)