|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What extra clothing was James allowed to bring with him to his aunts' house?
(b) Day suit.
2. What does James help the centipede with while the beds are made?
(a) Cleaning up from dinner.
(b) His nightcap.
(c) Making the beds.
(d) His boots.
3. What worries James the most when he spills the beans?
(a) That bugs will harness the magic.
(b) That the old man will ask for more money.
(c) That his aunts will be mad.
(d) That he will never see them again.
4. What do the beans do when they hit the ground?
(a) Just sit there.
(c) Burrow into the earth.
5. How does the narrator describe James' early childhood?
6. What kind of creatures does James find in the center of the peach?
7. Why do the other insects not believe what the ladybug thinks when the peach stops rolling?
(a) They think she always feels that way.
(b) They think she got her head hurt.
(c) They thinks she is sick from the rolling.
(d) They think she fell out of her bed.
8. What is strange about the beans the old man has?
(a) They are hot to the touch.
(b) All of these.
(c) They are glowing.
(d) They are singing.
9. Who gets the full effect of the magic beans?
(a) The old man.
(b) Whoever touches them.
(c) The people with the right words.
(d) Anyone who sees it.
10. What do the aunts never call James?
11. What changes James's feelings as the peach begins rolling?
(a) The darkness.
(b) The speed.
(c) The chaos.
(d) The aunts' death.
12. Why is it strange to see a peach on the tree?
(a) It is the winter.
(b) It is an old barren tree.
(c) All of these.
(d) It is an apple tree.
13. Why does James spill the beans?
(a) He is in a hurry.
(b) He wants to see what happens.
(c) The old man told him to.
(d) He is afraid of his aunts.
14. What does James do at night after the peach is grown?
(a) Cut slices off the peach.
(b) Polish the peach.
(c) Water and weed the garden.
(d) Clean up the yard.
15. What does James do when he stops for breaks in the peach tunnel?
(a) Takes bites of the peach.
(b) Washes himself.
(c) Calls for his aunts.
(d) Says chants.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the tunnel in the peach?
2. What do the witches threaten to do if James eats the peach?
3. What is the Earthworm most worried about to be at sea?
4. Why is James so afraid when he sees the creatures in the center of the peach?
5. How many aunts does James live with?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)