|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who makes the beds in the peach?
(a) The centipede.
(b) The spider.
(c) The grasshopper.
(d) The silk worm.
2. What do the creatures in the center of the peach say they feel as they look at James?
3. Where is James locked after the peach is grown?
(a) The bathroom.
(b) The office.
(c) The attic.
(d) His room.
4. How long have the creatures in the peach have been waiting for?
(a) All day.
(b) All month.
(c) All week.
(d) All night.
5. What do the beans do when they hit the ground?
(b) Burrow into the earth.
(c) Just sit there.
6. What can James see from his aunts' house?
(a) All of these.
(b) The ocean.
(d) A garden.
7. Why is James so afraid when he sees the creatures in the center of the peach?
(a) He didn't think they were real.
(b) He thinks he is dead.
(c) He thinks they want to eat him.
(d) His parents told them about these.
8. What does James compare the fur on the peach to?
(a) A girl.
(b) His mother.
(c) A kitten.
(d) A mouse.
9. How many aunts does James live with?
10. Who gets the full effect of the magic beans?
(a) Whoever touches them.
(b) Anyone who sees it.
(c) The people with the right words.
(d) The old man.
11. Who calms the Earthworm down when she gets worried about being at sea?
(a) The Ladybug.
(b) The Centipede.
(c) The Spider.
12. How does the narrator describe James' early childhood?
13. What is James doing when he asks a favor of his aunts?
(a) Cooking lunch.
(b) Weeding the garden.
(c) Chopping wood.
(d) Painting a fence.
14. What are the beans kept in?
(a) A plastic container.
(b) A paper bag.
(c) A brief case.
(d) A tin cup.
15. What does the ladybug think when the peach stops rolling?
(a) They are under ground.
(b) They are still rolling.
(c) They are airborn.
(d) They are bobbing up and down.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the peach disconnected from the tree?
2. Where does James go to cry when the aunts refuse his request?
3. What is strange about the beans the old man has?
4. Why are the hairs raised on James' neck when he is alone with the peach?
5. How many pairs of boots does the Centipede have?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)