|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who notices the peach on the tree?
(a) Aunt Spittle.
(b) Aunt Spoke.
(c) Aunt Sponge.
(d) Aunt Spiker.
2. Why is it strange to see a peach on the tree?
(a) It is an apple tree.
(b) All of these.
(c) It is the winter.
(d) It is an old barren tree.
3. What kind of animal does James plan to use to save the peach from the sharks?
4. What happened to James while the peach was rolling?
(a) He sat confortably.
(b) He has a fun ride.
(c) He was tossed all around.
(d) He ate his breakfast.
5. What kind of factory does the rolling peach ruin?
(a) A cheese factory.
(b) A chocolate factory.
(c) A toothbrush factory.
(d) A steel factory.
6. Why does James live with his aunts?
(a) They requested it.
(b) It was stated in the will.
(c) He likes them.
(d) His parents died.
7. How is the peach disconnected from the tree?
(a) Wings beat against it.
(b) The tree is poisoned.
(c) It is pushed.
(d) The stem is gnawed off.
8. What do the creatures in the peach say they have been waiting for?
(b) Their guest of honor.
9. Who disconnects the peach from the tree?
(a) The centipede.
(b) The spider.
(c) The ladybug.
(d) The glow worm.
10. What do the creatures in the center of the peach say they feel as they look at James?
11. Why does the old man give James the beans?
(a) To cheer him up.
(b) To make some money.
(c) To get rid of them.
(d) To punish the aunts.
12. What does the Earthworm compare herself to when the sharks are seen?
(a) A salami.
(b) A trout.
13. What do the voices in the center of the peach say when James enters?
(a) They can leave now.
(b) They are afraid of him.
(c) They have been waiting for him.
(d) They are happy to meet him.
14. What does James feel as the peach begins to roll?
15. Why does James spill the beans?
(a) He wants to see what happens.
(b) He is afraid of his aunts.
(c) He is in a hurry.
(d) The old man told him to.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did James' parents die?
2. Where is James locked after the peach is grown?
3. What item was James allowed to bring with him to his aunts' house?
4. How many aunts does James live with?
5. What are the beans kept in?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)