|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What changes James's feelings as the peach begins rolling?
(a) The speed.
(b) The aunts' death.
(c) The chaos.
(d) The darkness.
2. What is said to calm the Earthworm down when she gets worried about being at sea?
(a) The peach is floating.
(b) The hole is now at the top.
(c) They can eat the peach.
(d) They can't be lost as they had no plans.
3. What is the Earthworm most worried about to be at sea?
(a) They will fall out.
(b) They will drown.
(c) They will get lost.
(d) They will starve.
4. What does James find in the center of the peach?
(a) The pit.
(b) A door.
(c) A web.
(d) Some footprints.
5. What does James help the many footed creature in the peach do?
(a) Dry his toes.
(b) Make dinner.
(c) Take off his boots.
(d) Darn his socks.
6. What color are the beans that the old man has?
7. How does Aunt Sponge die?
(a) She falls down the hill.
(b) She gets rolled over by the peach.
(c) She is bit by the giant spider.
(d) She is scared to death.
8. What kind of animal does James plan to use to save the peach from the sharks?
9. How do the insects feel when they see they are in the sea?
10. What does James sense while he is alone with the peach?
11. What wakes James on his first morning in the peach?
(a) Everything is shaking.
(b) The centipede yells.
(c) A loud bang.
(d) A warm heat.
12. What are the beans kept in?
(a) A brief case.
(b) A tin cup.
(c) A plastic container.
(d) A paper bag.
13. How does James think the peach looks in the moonlight?
14. Who gets the full effect of the magic beans?
(a) The people with the right words.
(b) The old man.
(c) Anyone who sees it.
(d) Whoever touches them.
15. How do the aunts plan to make money off the peach?
(a) Py planting the pit for another giant peach.
(b) By selling it to a museum.
(c) By charging people to see it.
(d) By making lots of pie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the other insects not believe what the ladybug thinks when the peach stops rolling?
2. Why does James spill the beans?
3. What sound marks Aunt Spiker's death to James?
4. What does James do when he stops for breaks in the peach tunnel?
5. Why do the insects feel the way they do when they see they are in the sea?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)