|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is James locked after the peach is grown?
(a) The attic.
(b) The bathroom.
(c) The office.
(d) His room.
2. Who is happy about the destroyed factory?
(a) The children.
(b) The insects.
(c) The aunts.
(d) The workers.
3. Who notices the sharks coming to the peach?
(a) The Glow Worm.
(b) The Grasshopper.
(d) The Centipede.
4. What does James help the centipede with while the beds are made?
(a) Cleaning up from dinner.
(b) Making the beds.
(c) His nightcap.
(d) His boots.
5. How does the narrator describe James' early childhood?
6. How long have the creatures in the peach have been waiting for?
(a) All week.
(b) All night.
(c) All day.
(d) All month.
7. What do the witches threaten to do if James eats the peach?
(a) Adopt him.
(b) Beat him.
(c) Sell him.
(d) Starve him.
8. Who notices the peach on the tree?
(a) Aunt Spittle.
(b) Aunt Spoke.
(c) Aunt Spiker.
(d) Aunt Sponge.
9. What is Aunt Spiker thinking about when she dies?
(a) How ugly her sister is.
(b) How to get rid of James.
(c) How much money she will make that day.
(d) What to make with her peach.
10. What can James see from his aunts' house?
(a) The ocean.
(c) All of these.
(d) A garden.
11. What kind of animals did the rolling peach frighten?
(a) Wild animals.
(b) Zoo animals.
(c) Circus animals.
(d) Farm animals.
12. What do the insects do when the aunts are rolled over?
13. How big is the peach when it rests on the ground?
(a) As big as a car.
(b) As big as a tent.
(c) As big as a house.
(d) As big as a tree.
14. Who calms the insects down when they are at sea?
(b) The Grasshopper.
(c) The Glow Worm.
(d) The Spider.
15. How do the aunts plan to make money off the peach?
(a) By making lots of pie.
(b) Py planting the pit for another giant peach.
(c) By charging people to see it.
(d) By selling it to a museum.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of factory does the rolling peach ruin?
2. What does James help the many footed creature in the peach do?
3. What does James feel as the peach begins to roll?
4. What does James say he needs to save the peach from the sharks?
5. Where did James' parents die?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)