|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does James go to cry when the aunts refuse his request?
(a) His room.
(b) The bushes.
(c) The parlor.
(d) The garden.
2. What extra clothing was James allowed to bring with him to his aunts' house?
(a) Day suit.
3. What does James feel as the peach begins to roll?
4. What is said to calm the Earthworm down when she gets worried about being at sea?
(a) The peach is floating.
(b) They can eat the peach.
(c) They can't be lost as they had no plans.
(d) The hole is now at the top.
5. What does the ladybug think when the peach stops rolling?
(a) They are still rolling.
(b) They are under ground.
(c) They are airborn.
(d) They are bobbing up and down.
6. What killed James' parents?
(a) A lion.
(b) A tiger.
(c) An alligator.
(d) A rhinocerous.
7. What is Aunt Spiker thinking about when she dies?
(a) How ugly her sister is.
(b) How much money she will make that day.
(c) What to make with her peach.
(d) How to get rid of James.
8. How do the insects feel when they see they are in the sea?
9. What do the witches threaten to do if James eats the peach?
(a) Beat him.
(b) Adopt him.
(c) Sell him.
(d) Starve him.
10. What happened to James while the peach was rolling?
(a) He has a fun ride.
(b) He was tossed all around.
(c) He ate his breakfast.
(d) He sat confortably.
11. What sound marks Aunt Spiker's death to James?
(a) A thud.
(b) A squish,
(c) A scream.
(d) A crunch.
12. Why does James live with his aunts?
(a) He likes them.
(b) They requested it.
(c) It was stated in the will.
(d) His parents died.
13. Where is the tunnel in the peach?
(a) In the crease.
(b) On the top.
(c) Near the ground.
(d) By the stem.
14. How is the peach disconnected from the tree?
(a) Wings beat against it.
(b) The stem is gnawed off.
(c) The tree is poisoned.
(d) It is pushed.
15. Who is happy about the destroyed factory?
(a) The workers.
(b) The children.
(c) The aunts.
(d) The insects.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Earthworm most worried about to be at sea?
2. Why do the other insects not believe what the ladybug thinks when the peach stops rolling?
3. Who calms the Earthworm down when she gets worried about being at sea?
4. Why is it strange to see a peach on the tree?
5. What do the aunts threaten to do to James when he spills the beans?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)