|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can James see from his aunts' house?
(a) The ocean.
(b) All of these.
(c) A garden.
2. What sound marks Aunt Spiker's death to James?
(a) A squish,
(b) A crunch.
(c) A scream.
(d) A thud.
3. What is James doing when he asks a favor of his aunts?
(a) Weeding the garden.
(b) Cooking lunch.
(c) Chopping wood.
(d) Painting a fence.
4. How do the insects feel when they see they are in the sea?
5. Who notices the sharks coming to the peach?
(a) The Centipede.
(c) The Grasshopper.
(d) The Glow Worm.
6. What do the insects think of eating the peach?
(a) They hate it.
(b) They can't really taste it.
(c) They love it.
(d) They can tolerate it.
7. Why is it strange to see a peach on the tree?
(a) All of these.
(b) It is an apple tree.
(c) It is an old barren tree.
(d) It is the winter.
8. What do the beans spill near?
(a) A peach soda.
(b) The peach tree.
(c) A peach pit.
(d) The orchard.
9. What wakes James on his first morning in the peach?
(a) A loud bang.
(b) Everything is shaking.
(c) The centipede yells.
(d) A warm heat.
10. What do the witches threaten to do if James eats the peach?
(a) Sell him.
(b) Starve him.
(c) Beat him.
(d) Adopt him.
11. What does James compare the fur on the peach to?
(a) A girl.
(b) His mother.
(c) A kitten.
(d) A mouse.
12. What favor does James ask of his aunts?
(a) To visit his parent's graves.
(b) To go to school.
(c) To go to the sea.
(d) To have a regular lunch.
13. What does James trip over before spilling the beans?
(a) A foot.
(b) A boot.
(c) A root.
(d) A garden shoot.
14. What is Aunt Sponge thinking about when she dies?
(a) What to make with her peach.
(b) How much money she will make that day.
(c) How to get rid of James.
(d) How ugly her sister is.
15. What do the aunts want to punish James for when he spills the beans?
(a) For not doing his chores.
(b) For asking a favor.
(c) For running off.
(d) For making a mess.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the creatures in the peach say they have been waiting for?
2. What kind of creatures does James find in the center of the peach?
3. What do the aunts threaten to do to James when he spills the beans?
4. Where does James go to cry when the aunts refuse his request?
5. What worries James the most when he spills the beans?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)