|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can James see from his aunts' house?
(a) All of these.
(c) A garden.
(d) The ocean.
2. What worries James the most when he spills the beans?
(a) That his aunts will be mad.
(b) That bugs will harness the magic.
(c) That he will never see them again.
(d) That the old man will ask for more money.
3. What does James sense while he is alone with the peach?
4. Why is James so afraid when he sees the creatures in the center of the peach?
(a) He thinks they want to eat him.
(b) He thinks he is dead.
(c) His parents told them about these.
(d) He didn't think they were real.
5. Who disconnects the peach from the tree?
(a) The glow worm.
(b) The centipede.
(c) The spider.
(d) The ladybug.
6. Where is James confined to at the aunts' house?
(a) The basement.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The garden.
(d) The tree house.
7. What kind of creatures does James find in the center of the peach?
8. How many pairs of boots does the Centipede have?
9. Who calms the Earthworm down when she gets worried about being at sea?
(b) The Spider.
(c) The Ladybug.
(d) The Centipede.
10. What stopped the rolling peach?
(a) A mountain.
(b) The ocean.
(d) A large boulder.
11. What favor does James ask of his aunts?
(a) To have a regular lunch.
(b) To go to the sea.
(c) To go to school.
(d) To visit his parent's graves.
12. What is Aunt Spiker thinking about when she dies?
(a) How ugly her sister is.
(b) How much money she will make that day.
(c) How to get rid of James.
(d) What to make with her peach.
13. How is the peach disconnected from the tree?
(a) Wings beat against it.
(b) It is pushed.
(c) The tree is poisoned.
(d) The stem is gnawed off.
14. Why do the other insects not believe what the ladybug thinks when the peach stops rolling?
(a) They thinks she is sick from the rolling.
(b) They think she fell out of her bed.
(c) They think she got her head hurt.
(d) They think she always feels that way.
15. What time is James alone with the peach?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did James' parents die?
2. Why is it strange to see a peach on the tree?
3. What is strange about the beans the old man has?
4. What sound marks Aunt Spiker's death to James?
5. Why does the old man give James the beans?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)