|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the aunts threaten to do to James when he spills the beans?
(a) Put him in the well.
(b) With hold food.
(c) Beat him.
(d) Make him sleep on the roof.
2. How is the peach disconnected from the tree?
(a) The stem is gnawed off.
(b) The tree is poisoned.
(c) It is pushed.
(d) Wings beat against it.
3. What is said to calm the Earthworm down when she gets worried about being at sea?
(a) The peach is floating.
(b) They can't be lost as they had no plans.
(c) The hole is now at the top.
(d) They can eat the peach.
4. What does James compare the fur on the peach to?
(a) A girl.
(b) His mother.
(c) A kitten.
(d) A mouse.
5. What favor does James ask of his aunts?
(a) To have a regular lunch.
(b) To visit his parent's graves.
(c) To go to the sea.
(d) To go to school.
6. What kind of creatures does James find in the center of the peach?
7. Who gets the full effect of the magic beans?
(a) The people with the right words.
(b) The old man.
(c) Anyone who sees it.
(d) Whoever touches them.
8. Who is happy about the destroyed factory?
(a) The insects.
(b) The workers.
(c) The aunts.
(d) The children.
9. What does James help the centipede with while the beds are made?
(a) His boots.
(b) His nightcap.
(c) Making the beds.
(d) Cleaning up from dinner.
10. Where is James confined to at the aunts' house?
(a) The garden.
(b) The basement.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The tree house.
11. What does James trip over before spilling the beans?
(a) A foot.
(b) A boot.
(c) A root.
(d) A garden shoot.
12. How long have the creatures in the peach have been waiting for?
(a) All week.
(b) All month.
(c) All day.
(d) All night.
13. Who notices the sharks coming to the peach?
(a) The Centipede.
(c) The Glow Worm.
(d) The Grasshopper.
14. What do the insects do when the aunts are rolled over?
15. What does James feel as the peach begins to roll?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does James spill the beans?
2. What does James find in the center of the peach?
3. What is the Earthworm most worried about to be at sea?
4. What changes James's feelings as the peach begins rolling?
5. What stopped the rolling peach?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)