|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did James' parents die?
(c) New York.
2. What is the Earthworm most worried about to be at sea?
(a) They will fall out.
(b) They will drown.
(c) They will starve.
(d) They will get lost.
3. How does James think the peach looks in the moonlight?
4. Why are the hairs raised on James' neck when he is alone with the peach?
(a) He feels this has already happened before.
(b) He feels like something is about to happen.
(c) He is cold.
(d) He is scared.
5. What does James trip over before spilling the beans?
(a) A foot.
(b) A garden shoot.
(c) A boot.
(d) A root.
6. How big is the peach when James starts to climb the tree?
(a) As big as an apple.
(b) As big as a globe.
(c) As big as a balloon.
(d) As big as a melon.
7. What kind of animal does James plan to use to save the peach from the sharks?
8. Where is the tunnel in the peach?
(a) Near the ground.
(b) By the stem.
(c) In the crease.
(d) On the top.
9. What extra clothing was James allowed to bring with him to his aunts' house?
(a) Day suit.
10. What do the creatures in the center of the peach say they feel as they look at James?
11. Why does James live with his aunts?
(a) It was stated in the will.
(b) They requested it.
(c) His parents died.
(d) He likes them.
12. How long have the creatures in the peach have been waiting for?
(a) All day.
(b) All night.
(c) All month.
(d) All week.
13. Who is happy about the destroyed factory?
(a) The insects.
(b) The aunts.
(c) The children.
(d) The workers.
14. How big is the peach when it rests on the ground?
(a) As big as a tent.
(b) As big as a car.
(c) As big as a tree.
(d) As big as a house.
15. What calms James' fear in the center of the peach?
Short Answer Questions
1. What time is James alone with the peach?
2. What is said to calm the Earthworm down when she gets worried about being at sea?
3. What do the aunts threaten to do to James when he spills the beans?
4. Why does the old man give James the beans?
5. What kind of factory does the rolling peach ruin?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)