|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the creatures have roles before entering the peach?
(a) The attic.
(b) The tree.
(c) The garden.
(d) The clouds.
2. Why do the insects feel the way they do when they see they are in the sea?
(a) They have never seen the sea before.
(b) They know they are helping James.
(c) They cannot swim.
(d) They are finally on an adventure.
3. How does the narrator describe James' early childhood?
4. How big is the peach when it rests on the ground?
(a) As big as a tree.
(b) As big as a tent.
(c) As big as a house.
(d) As big as a car.
5. What stopped the rolling peach?
(a) A mountain.
(b) A large boulder.
(c) The ocean.
6. Why does James spill the beans?
(a) He is in a hurry.
(b) He wants to see what happens.
(c) The old man told him to.
(d) He is afraid of his aunts.
7. What is strange about the beans the old man has?
(a) They are hot to the touch.
(b) All of these.
(c) They are glowing.
(d) They are singing.
8. What do the insects think of eating the peach?
(a) They hate it.
(b) They love it.
(c) They can't really taste it.
(d) They can tolerate it.
9. What do the beans spill near?
(a) A peach soda.
(b) The orchard.
(c) The peach tree.
(d) A peach pit.
10. What does James help the many footed creature in the peach do?
(a) Dry his toes.
(b) Take off his boots.
(c) Make dinner.
(d) Darn his socks.
11. Why is it strange to see a peach on the tree?
(a) It is an apple tree.
(b) It is an old barren tree.
(c) It is the winter.
(d) All of these.
12. What do the aunts threaten to do to James when he spills the beans?
(a) With hold food.
(b) Beat him.
(c) Put him in the well.
(d) Make him sleep on the roof.
13. What kind of factory does the rolling peach ruin?
(a) A toothbrush factory.
(b) A cheese factory.
(c) A steel factory.
(d) A chocolate factory.
14. Why does James not pick the peach?
(a) She is too scared.
(b) The aunts tell him not to.
(c) It keeps growing.
(d) It makes him happy.
15. What does James sense while he is alone with the peach?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who makes the beds in the peach?
2. Who gets the full effect of the magic beans?
3. How long have the creatures in the peach have been waiting for?
4. What kind of animals did the rolling peach frighten?
5. Who disconnects the peach from the tree?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)