|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What favor does James ask of his aunts?
(a) To have a regular lunch.
(b) To visit his parent's graves.
(c) To go to school.
(d) To go to the sea.
2. What sound marks Aunt Sponge's death to James?
(a) A thud.
(b) A crunch.
(c) A squish,
(d) A scream.
3. Why is it strange to see a peach on the tree?
(a) All of these.
(b) It is the winter.
(c) It is an apple tree.
(d) It is an old barren tree.
4. What do the insects do when the aunts are rolled over?
5. What do the beans do when they hit the ground?
(a) Burrow into the earth.
(c) Just sit there.
6. How is the peach disconnected from the tree?
(a) Wings beat against it.
(b) The stem is gnawed off.
(c) It is pushed.
(d) The tree is poisoned.
7. What can James see from his aunts' house?
(a) All of these.
(b) A garden.
(d) The ocean.
8. What does James sense while he is alone with the peach?
9. What worries James the most when he spills the beans?
(a) That the old man will ask for more money.
(b) That his aunts will be mad.
(c) That bugs will harness the magic.
(d) That he will never see them again.
10. Where is James locked after the peach is grown?
(a) The bathroom.
(b) His room.
(c) The office.
(d) The attic.
11. Who notices the sharks coming to the peach?
(b) The Centipede.
(c) The Grasshopper.
(d) The Glow Worm.
12. What item was James allowed to bring with him to his aunts' house?
(a) A stuffed animal.
(b) A book.
(c) A toothbrush.
13. What calms James' fear in the center of the peach?
14. Who disconnects the peach from the tree?
(a) The ladybug.
(b) The glow worm.
(c) The spider.
(d) The centipede.
15. What do the creatures in the peach say they have been waiting for?
(d) Their guest of honor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of animals did the rolling peach frighten?
2. How does James think the peach looks in the moonlight?
3. What do the witches threaten to do if James eats the peach?
4. Why do the insects feel the way they do when they see they are in the sea?
5. What kind of creatures does James find in the center of the peach?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)