|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What killed James' parents?
(a) A lion.
(b) A tiger.
(c) A rhinocerous.
(d) An alligator.
2. What does James help the centipede with while the beds are made?
(a) His nightcap.
(b) His boots.
(c) Cleaning up from dinner.
(d) Making the beds.
3. What lights the inside of the peach?
(a) The lightning bug.
(b) A magic bean.
(c) A Christmas light.
(d) The glow worm.
4. What do the voices in the center of the peach say when James enters?
(a) They have been waiting for him.
(b) They are afraid of him.
(c) They can leave now.
(d) They are happy to meet him.
5. How big is the peach when James starts to climb the tree?
(a) As big as a melon.
(b) As big as a globe.
(c) As big as a balloon.
(d) As big as an apple.
6. What do the aunts want to punish James for when he spills the beans?
(a) For not doing his chores.
(b) For running off.
(c) For asking a favor.
(d) For making a mess.
7. Why do the insects feel the way they do when they see they are in the sea?
(a) They cannot swim.
(b) They know they are helping James.
(c) They are finally on an adventure.
(d) They have never seen the sea before.
8. What does James trip over before spilling the beans?
(a) A garden shoot.
(b) A root.
(c) A boot.
(d) A foot.
9. What changes James's feelings as the peach begins rolling?
(a) The darkness.
(b) The aunts' death.
(c) The speed.
(d) The chaos.
10. Why is it strange to see a peach on the tree?
(a) All of these.
(b) It is an apple tree.
(c) It is an old barren tree.
(d) It is the winter.
11. Why do the other insects not believe what the ladybug thinks when the peach stops rolling?
(a) They think she got her head hurt.
(b) They thinks she is sick from the rolling.
(c) They think she always feels that way.
(d) They think she fell out of her bed.
12. What do the creatures in the center of the peach say they feel as they look at James?
13. Where is James locked after the peach is grown?
(a) The attic.
(b) His room.
(c) The office.
(d) The bathroom.
14. Where did the thing that killed James' parents escape from?
(a) The circus.
(b) A pet store.
(c) An aquarium.
(d) The zoo.
15. Why are the hairs raised on James' neck when he is alone with the peach?
(a) He is cold.
(b) He feels like something is about to happen.
(c) He is scared.
(d) He feels this has already happened before.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many pairs of boots does the Centipede have?
2. What does the Earthworm compare herself to when the sharks are seen?
3. Who calms the insects down when they are at sea?
4. What does James sense while he is alone with the peach?
5. How does Aunt Spiker die?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)