|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the insects think of eating the peach?
(a) They hate it.
(b) They can't really taste it.
(c) They love it.
(d) They can tolerate it.
2. What do the aunts want to punish James for when he spills the beans?
(a) For running off.
(b) For making a mess.
(c) For asking a favor.
(d) For not doing his chores.
3. How long have the creatures in the peach have been waiting for?
(a) All day.
(b) All week.
(c) All month.
(d) All night.
4. How does James think the peach looks in the moonlight?
5. How does Aunt Sponge die?
(a) She is scared to death.
(b) She falls down the hill.
(c) She gets rolled over by the peach.
(d) She is bit by the giant spider.
6. How does James feel as he climbs through the tunnel?
7. What does James sense while he is alone with the peach?
8. How big is the peach when James starts to climb the tree?
(a) As big as a balloon.
(b) As big as a melon.
(c) As big as a globe.
(d) As big as an apple.
9. What is James doing when he asks a favor of his aunts?
(a) Cooking lunch.
(b) Chopping wood.
(c) Painting a fence.
(d) Weeding the garden.
10. What are the beds in the peach made of?
(a) Peach pit.
(c) Silk strands.
11. What can James see from his aunts' house?
(a) The ocean.
(b) A garden.
(d) All of these.
12. What does James do at night after the peach is grown?
(a) Water and weed the garden.
(b) Cut slices off the peach.
(c) Polish the peach.
(d) Clean up the yard.
13. What does James feel as the peach begins to roll?
14. Why do the insects feel the way they do when they see they are in the sea?
(a) They cannot swim.
(b) They have never seen the sea before.
(c) They are finally on an adventure.
(d) They know they are helping James.
15. Where is James locked after the peach is grown?
(a) The bathroom.
(b) The office.
(c) His room.
(d) The attic.
Short Answer Questions
1. How big is the peach when it rests on the ground?
2. Where did the creatures have roles before entering the peach?
3. Why does James live with his aunts?
4. What does the Earthworm compare herself to when the sharks are seen?
5. Why does James not pick the peach?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)