|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the other insects not believe what the ladybug thinks when the peach stops rolling?
(a) They think she got her head hurt.
(b) They think she fell out of her bed.
(c) They thinks she is sick from the rolling.
(d) They think she always feels that way.
2. What calms James' fear in the center of the peach?
3. Why are the hairs raised on James' neck when he is alone with the peach?
(a) He feels this has already happened before.
(b) He is cold.
(c) He is scared.
(d) He feels like something is about to happen.
4. What does James find in the center of the peach?
(a) A door.
(b) The pit.
(c) A web.
(d) Some footprints.
5. How many aunts does James live with?
6. How big is the peach when James starts to climb the tree?
(a) As big as an apple.
(b) As big as a melon.
(c) As big as a globe.
(d) As big as a balloon.
7. What do the witches threaten to do if James eats the peach?
(a) Sell him.
(b) Beat him.
(c) Starve him.
(d) Adopt him.
8. What can James see from his aunts' house?
(b) All of these.
(c) A garden.
(d) The ocean.
9. What is Aunt Spiker thinking about when she dies?
(a) What to make with her peach.
(b) How ugly her sister is.
(c) How much money she will make that day.
(d) How to get rid of James.
10. What kind of animals did the rolling peach frighten?
(a) Farm animals.
(b) Circus animals.
(c) Wild animals.
(d) Zoo animals.
11. Where is James confined to at the aunts' house?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The basement.
(c) The tree house.
(d) The garden.
12. Where did the thing that killed James' parents escape from?
(a) A pet store.
(b) The zoo.
(c) The circus.
(d) An aquarium.
13. What is the Earthworm most worried about to be at sea?
(a) They will starve.
(b) They will get lost.
(c) They will fall out.
(d) They will drown.
14. What do the creatures in the peach say they have been waiting for?
(d) Their guest of honor.
15. What do the creatures in the center of the peach say they feel as they look at James?
Short Answer Questions
1. What changes James's feelings as the peach begins rolling?
2. What do the aunts want to punish James for when he spills the beans?
3. What kind of factory does the rolling peach ruin?
4. How does Aunt Sponge die?
5. What is James doing when he asks a favor of his aunts?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)