|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary tell Joss about the carriage?
(a) She hired it.
(b) She got it from a mysterious stranger.
(c) She got it from squire Besset.
(d) She got it from Mr. Davey.
2. Who arrives to help Mary at the end of Chapter 9?
(a) Mr. Davey.
3. Who does Mary first think is responsible for Joss's murder?
(b) One of his friends.
4. Where does Mary decide to go after leaving the vicar's house?
(a) Trewartha Marsh.
(b) North Hill.
5. What does Jem steal from Mary in Chapter 9?
(a) A pound coin.
(b) Her toffee.
(c) Her hairpin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why had Mr. Davey medicated Mary in Chapter 16?
2. How does Mr. Davey attempt to misdirect the men following him?
3. Where does Joss take Mary in Chapter 11?
4. What happens sooner than expected for the men Mary is with in Chapter 11?
5. What does Mary think she can do before Joss notices she's gone in Chapter 13?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)