|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Mr. Davey get out of the carriage?
(a) At the turn for Altarnun.
(b) A few yards from Jamaica Inn.
(c) At the same time Mary gets in.
(d) When the carriage reaches his house.
2. What does Jem ask Mary to do in Launceston?
(a) Spend the night with him.
(b) Steal a pony with him.
(c) Help him get to Joss.
(d) Marry him.
3. What is the carriage ride like for Mary after Mr. Davey leaves?
4. About how long does Mary wait for Jem to return?
(a) One hour.
(b) Half and hour.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Ten minutes.
5. Who arrives to help Mary at the end of Chapter 9?
(b) Mr. Davey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Bassat provide for Mary in Chapter 14?
2. What does Jem steal from Mary in Chapter 9?
3. Why does Harry come to the inn in Chapter 12?
4. What does Joss decide to do at the end of Chapter 12?
5. What state is Joss in when Mary goes downstairs in Chapter 12?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)