|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mary feel at the Bassat house in Chapter 18?
2. Where does Mary see Jem in Chapter 18?
(a) At Jamaica Inn.
(b) In Launceston.
(c) At the beach.
(d) On the moors.
3. Why does Mary feel the need to quickly return home in Chapter 14?
(a) To see her aunt.
(b) To collect her things.
(c) To clear her name.
(d) To stop Joss from murdering again.
4. After telling Mr. Davey what Joss had revealed, what does Mr. Davey say to Mary?
(a) Don't trust anyone.
(b) Don't believe the words of an old drunk.
(c) Don't jump to conclusions.
(d) Don't go to the authorities.
5. In Chapter 13, what does Mary convince Joss to let them do in the afternoon?
(a) Visit friends.
(b) Clean up the mess in the inn.
(c) Take a nap.
(d) Have a picnic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mary find Joss when she returns to the inn in Chapter 14?
2. In Chapter 12, what does Joss say he shouldn't have done?
3. What does Mr. Davey give Mary in Chapter 10?
4. Who does Mary first think is responsible for Joss's murder?
5. What does Mary think she can do before Joss notices she's gone in Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mary tell Joss when he questions her about her trip to Launceston?
2. How does Mary feel staying at the Bassat's? What does she dream of doing?
3. Who finally buys Jem's second pony? Why did he try to prevent the sale to this person?
4. Where does Mary go to find Jem in Chapter 9? Where has he gone, and who tells Mary that information?
5. What trouble does Jem encounter as he tries to sell the second pony in Chapter 9?
6. Why does Joss drag Mary with him to the coast in Chapter 10?
7. Why do Joss and his men burn the carriage?
8. When Mary goes downstairs in Chapter 12, how is Joss acting?
9. Why does Mary convince Joss to let her and Patience take a nap in Chapter 13?
10. After the squire looks around the inn, what does he tell Mary?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)