|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why had Mr. Davey medicated Mary in Chapter 16?
(a) For an infection.
(b) For a headache.
(c) To sleep.
(d) For a fever.
2. Whom does Mr. Davey say Jem will discover is the killer?
(a) Squire Besset.
(b) Mr. Davey.
(d) Mrs. Besset.
3. About how long does Mary wait for Jem to return?
(a) Ten minutes.
(b) Two hours.
(c) One hour.
(d) Half and hour.
4. What does Mary leave for the vicar?
(b) An address.
(c) A book.
(d) A note.
5. What does Mr. Davey say will stop Joss from causing ships to wreck?
(b) Coastal guards.
(c) The threat of divine judgement.
(d) Finding employment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Davey give Mary in Chapter 10?
2. How do Joss and his friends kill the carriage driver?
3. When Mary awakes in Chapter 12, how long has she been asleep?
4. What alerts Mary to someone being outside in Chapter 13?
5. What does Mary explain to Jem when he enters her bedroom?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Mary goes to North Hill, what does Mrs. Basset tell her?
2. What trouble does Jem encounter as he tries to sell the second pony in Chapter 9?
3. Why do Joss's men fight after destroying the carriage?
4. After leaving the vicar's house, what does Mary resolve to do?
5. Who finally buys Jem's second pony? Why did he try to prevent the sale to this person?
6. What does Mr. Davey tell Mary when she confides Joss's confession to him?
7. When Mary goes downstairs in Chapter 12, how is Joss acting?
8. How does Mary decide she will travel home in Chapter 9? Who saves her at the end of the Chapter?
9. What does Mary witness when she reaches the beach in Chapter 11?
10. After the squire looks around the inn, what does he tell Mary?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)