|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the second person Mary suspects of Joss's murder?
(b) Joss's friend.
(c) The squire.
(d) Mr. Davey.
2. What does Mr. Davey tell Mary Jem has found in Chapter 16?
(a) A bottle.
(b) A hair.
(c) A nail.
(d) A footprint.
3. How does Mary feel at the Bassat house in Chapter 18?
4. What alerts Mary to someone being outside in Chapter 13?
(a) She hears her name being called.
(b) A dog barks.
(c) Something hits her window.
(d) She hears leaves rustling.
5. Where does Mary find Joss when she returns to the inn in Chapter 14?
(a) In the office.
(b) In the stairwell.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) In the passageway.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Mary let Jem into the Inn?
2. How much does Jem get for the high-bred pony?
3. What does Mary find it hard to do during dinner with Mr. Davey?
4. What does Mary do when she goes downstairs in Chapter 13?
5. What state is Joss in when Mary goes downstairs in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Mary and Jem discuss when he climbs into her room in Chapter 13?
2. Why do Joss's men fight after destroying the carriage?
3. What does Jem tell Mary when they meet on the moors in Chapter 18? What does Mary decide?
4. What does Mr. Davey tell Mary when she confides Joss's confession to him?
5. Why do Joss and his men burn the carriage?
6. Why does Mr. Davey insist on running away with Mary?
7. After leaving the vicar's house, what does Mary resolve to do?
8. How does Mary disappoint the squire in Chapter 15?
9. Who finally buys Jem's second pony? Why did he try to prevent the sale to this person?
10. Why is Mr. Davey gagging Mary when she awakes in Chapter 17?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)