|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What alerts Mary to someone being outside in Chapter 13?
(a) She hears leaves rustling.
(b) Something hits her window.
(c) She hears her name being called.
(d) A dog barks.
2. What does Mary leave for the vicar?
(a) A book.
(b) An address.
(c) A note.
3. How many of his own men does Joss kill?
4. What does Mr. Davey tell Mary Jem has found in Chapter 16?
(a) A nail.
(b) A footprint.
(c) A bottle.
(d) A hair.
5. About how long does Mary wait for Jem to return?
(a) Half and hour.
(b) Two hours.
(c) One hour.
(d) Ten minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Davey attempt to misdirect the men following him?
2. What does the squire tell Mary after he has looked around the inn?
3. How much does Jem get for the high-bred pony?
4. Where does Jem say he is heading in Chapter 18?
5. Who arrives at the end of Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Joss drag Mary with him to the coast in Chapter 10?
2. Why do Joss's men fight after destroying the carriage?
3. After the squire looks around the inn, what does he tell Mary?
4. What do Mary and Jem discuss when he climbs into her room in Chapter 13?
5. After leaving the vicar's house, what does Mary resolve to do?
6. When Mary goes to North Hill, what does Mrs. Basset tell her?
7. How does Mary feel staying at the Bassat's? What does she dream of doing?
8. Where does Mary go to find Jem in Chapter 9? Where has he gone, and who tells Mary that information?
9. What accusation does Harry make against Joss in Chapter 12? What does Joss decide to do following Harry's interruption?
10. What does Mr. Davey confess to Mary over dinner in Chapter 16?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)