|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Mr. Davey get out of the carriage?
(a) A few yards from Jamaica Inn.
(b) At the same time Mary gets in.
(c) When the carriage reaches his house.
(d) At the turn for Altarnun.
2. What does Jem ask Mary to do in Launceston?
(a) Help him get to Joss.
(b) Steal a pony with him.
(c) Spend the night with him.
(d) Marry him.
3. Where does Mary find herself when she awakes in Chapter 11?
(a) In a cave.
(b) Locked in the carriage.
(c) In a roadside ditch.
(d) Tied up on a beach.
4. Where does Joss take Mary in Chapter 11?
(a) To the cliffs.
(b) To the coast.
(c) To the moors.
(d) To Launceston.
5. What does Mary leave for the vicar?
(a) A note.
(b) A book.
(d) An address.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary explain to Jem when he enters her bedroom?
2. What does Mary lose hope of doing in Chapter 14?
3. Why doesn't Mary let Jem into the Inn?
4. When she returns to the inn, how does Mary know Joss is still inside?
5. How does Mary react when she sees a ship in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. After leaving the vicar's house, what does Mary resolve to do?
2. What does Mary discover when she wakes in the carriage in Chapter 11? What does she do?
3. What does Mr. Davey tell Mary when she confides Joss's confession to him?
4. What accusation does Harry make against Joss in Chapter 12? What does Joss decide to do following Harry's interruption?
5. Why do Joss's men fight after destroying the carriage?
6. In Chapter 9, how does Jem assure Mary?
7. Why does Joss drag Mary with him to the coast in Chapter 10?
8. Why does Mr. Davey insist on running away with Mary?
9. What does Mary discover when she awakens in Chapter 12? What is the first thing she wants to do?
10. What does Mr. Davey confess to Mary over dinner in Chapter 16?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)