|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why had Mr. Davey medicated Mary in Chapter 16?
(a) For a fever.
(b) To sleep.
(c) For a headache.
(d) For an infection.
2. Who does Mary trip over as she is walking up the road in Chapter 11?
(c) A dead body.
3. Who is Mary told Jem left with?
(a) A young lady.
(b) A man in a carriage.
(c) A vicar.
(d) A group of rough looking men.
4. What does Mary think she can do before Joss notices she's gone in Chapter 13?
(a) Travel to Altarnun and back.
(b) Collect some food for the journey.
(c) Go visit Jem.
(d) Set the horse free.
5. What is clear to Mary about the men she is riding with in Chapter 11?
(a) They want to protect her.
(b) They want to impress her.
(c) They want to kill her.
(d) They want to take advantage of her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the thieves burn the cart?
2. Where is Mary instructed to wait while the inn is searched?
3. Who does Mary intend to tell about Joss's latest activities?
4. What does Mrs. Bassat provide for Mary in Chapter 14?
5. What does Jem try to convince the person who insists on buying the second pony?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Davey tell Mary when she confides Joss's confession to him?
2. What does Mary discover when she awakens in Chapter 12? What is the first thing she wants to do?
3. What does Mary witness when she reaches the beach in Chapter 11?
4. What does Mr. Davey confess to Mary over dinner in Chapter 16?
5. When Mary goes downstairs in Chapter 12, how is Joss acting?
6. Who finally buys Jem's second pony? Why did he try to prevent the sale to this person?
7. What does Mary tell Joss when he questions her about her trip to Launceston?
8. Why is Mr. Davey gagging Mary when she awakes in Chapter 17?
9. Who does Mary first suspect of the murders? Why could it not be this person?
10. Where does Mary go to find Jem in Chapter 9? Where has he gone, and who tells Mary that information?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)