|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mary reaches her destination at the end of Chapter 13, what does she discover?
(a) She has forgotten her evidence against Joss.
(b) Joss is already there waiting for her.
(c) The vicar is not home.
(d) Everyone is at a funeral for the sailors.
2. How many of his own men does Joss kill?
3. When Mary awakes in Chapter 12, how long has she been asleep?
(a) One day.
(b) Five hours.
(c) Four days.
(d) Two days.
4. In Chapter 12, what does Joss say he shouldn't have done?
(a) Killed his friends.
(b) Wrecked the ship on his own.
(c) Dragged Mary to the beach.
(d) Angered Jem.
5. Where does Mary meet Jem in Chapter 9?
(a) On the road.
(b) At the post office.
(c) In Altarnun.
(d) On the moors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary explain to Jem when he enters her bedroom?
2. What state is Joss in when Mary goes downstairs in Chapter 12?
3. What does Mr. Davey tell Mary Jem has found in Chapter 16?
4. Where does Mary go to look for help after Jem disappears?
5. What is strange about the house when Mary goes downstairs in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mary discover when she awakens in Chapter 12? What is the first thing she wants to do?
2. Who finally buys Jem's second pony? Why did he try to prevent the sale to this person?
3. What happens after Jem leaves Mary to retrieve his cart in Chapter 9?
4. When Mary arrives back at the inn how does she know Joss is still there? What does Mary find when she goes inside?
5. Why does Mr. Davey insist on running away with Mary?
6. In Chapter 9, how does Jem assure Mary?
7. When Mary goes downstairs in Chapter 12, how is Joss acting?
8. What does Jem tell Mary when they meet on the moors in Chapter 18? What does Mary decide?
9. Why do Joss's men fight after destroying the carriage?
10. What trouble does Jem encounter as he tries to sell the second pony in Chapter 9?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)