|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary think when Jem doesn't return with the cart?
(a) That he has been kidnapped.
(b) That he has abandoned her.
(c) That he is off with his friends.
(d) That he has been beaten.
2. Who arrives shortly after Mary finds Joss dead?
(a) Mr. Davey.
(c) A neighbor.
(d) The squire.
3. What disappoints the squire in Chapter 15?
(a) Hearing Jem is a murderer.
(b) That no one witnessed the murders.
(c) Hearing Mary lied to him.
(d) Hearing Joss had been causing shipwrecks.
4. What do the thieves discover when they return to the carriage?
(a) It won't hold the cargo.
(b) There is a dead man inside it.
(c) It is stuck in the dirt.
(d) Its wheel is broken.
5. What does Mary find it hard to do during dinner with Mr. Davey?
(a) Explain what happened the day before.
(b) Talk about Jem.
(d) Look at him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mary find herself when she awakes in Chapter 11?
2. Who does Mary first think is responsible for Joss's murder?
3. Whom does Mr. Davey say Jem will discover is the killer?
4. What does Mrs. Bassat provide for Mary in Chapter 14?
5. How much does Jem get for the high-bred pony?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)