|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mary wakes in Chapter 17, what is Mr. Davey doing?
(a) Loading a pistol.
(c) Tying her up.
(d) Putting a gag in her mouth.
2. Why had Mr. Davey medicated Mary in Chapter 16?
(a) For a headache.
(b) For an infection.
(c) For a fever.
(d) To sleep.
3. What is the name of the vicar's housekeeper?
4. What does Mary explain to Jem when he enters her bedroom?
(a) Why the building smells of smoke.
(b) Where Harry is hiding.
(c) What happened to her on Christmas Eve.
(d) Why Patience can be heard crying.
5. Who is Mary told Jem left with?
(a) A vicar.
(b) A group of rough looking men.
(c) A young lady.
(d) A man in a carriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mary decide to go after leaving the vicar's house?
2. Where does Mary find herself when she awakes in Chapter 11?
3. When Mary awakes in Chapter 12, how long has she been asleep?
4. Where does Mary see Jem in Chapter 18?
5. About how long does Mary wait for Jem to return?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Mary and Jem discuss when he climbs into her room in Chapter 13?
2. After the squire looks around the inn, what does he tell Mary?
3. Why does Mary convince Joss to let her and Patience take a nap in Chapter 13?
4. What does Mary witness when she reaches the beach in Chapter 11?
5. What does Mr. Davey confess to Mary over dinner in Chapter 16?
6. Why do Joss's men fight after destroying the carriage?
7. What accusation does Harry make against Joss in Chapter 12? What does Joss decide to do following Harry's interruption?
8. How does Mary decide she will travel home in Chapter 9? Who saves her at the end of the Chapter?
9. What does Mary discover when she wakes in the carriage in Chapter 11? What does she do?
10. Who does Mary first suspect of the murders? Why could it not be this person?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)