|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, where does the driver try to dissuade Mary from going ?
(a) Jamaica Inn.
(b) To her hometown.
(c) To the moors.
2. What is Mary's last name?
3. When does the driver's demeanor change in Chapter 1?
(a) At the mention of Jamaica Inn.
(b) When night falls.
(c) Once Mary is the only passenger.
(d) When Mary mentions her mother.
4. What is the name of Joss's brother?
5. What is Mary told to ignore in Chapter 2?
(a) Local men who try to talk to her.
(b) The mice and insects in the house.
(c) Questions she is asked about Joss.
(d) Noises in the yard during the night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary have to be careful not to do while out walking?
2. Where is Mary traveling to in Chapter 1?
3. What is the name of the town Mary grew up in?
4. What does Mary's mother make her promise before the start of the novel?
5. Why does Mary allow Squire Basset to enter the house in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Mary goes to North Hill, what does Mrs. Basset tell her?
2. What does Mary witness when she reaches the beach in Chapter 11?
3. What does Mary come across on the moors in Chapter 8?
4. What strange things does Mary learn are taking place at Jamaica Inn?
5. What does Mary's aunt tell her when her aunt replies to Mary's letter?
6. How does Mary decide she will travel home in Chapter 9? Who saves her at the end of the Chapter?
7. What instructions does Joss give Mary in Chapter 2?
8. How did Mary and her mother survive after the death of her father?
9. Who is the stranger who comes to the inn in Chapter 5?
10. Why does Mary convince Joss to let her and Patience take a nap in Chapter 13?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)