|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What incriminating evidence does Squire Basset find at the inn in Chapter 6?
(a) A cupboard full of silver pieces.
(c) A bloody knife.
(d) A few letters of correspondence.
2. What does Squire Basset have with him when he comes to Jamaica Inn in Chapter 6?
(a) A warrant to search the inn.
(b) A letter from a magistrate.
(c) A lantern.
(d) A pistol.
3. What unsettles Mary in Chapter 1?
(a) The driver's smell.
(b) The weather.
(c) The driver's incessant talking.
(d) The foreign landscape.
4. How many days is Joss incoherent for in Chapter 8?
(a) Ten days.
(b) One day.
(c) Three days.
(d) Five days.
5. How does Mary find herself alone with Joss in Chapter 8?
(a) Patience goes to bed.
(b) Joss kicks Patience out of the house.
(c) Patience goes to hang laundry.
(d) Patience falls ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mary feel that she can trust the vicar?
2. What event does Jem tell Mary happened at Christmas?
3. What does Mary think of Joss's guests in Chapter 4?
4. What is the name of Mary's uncle?
5. According to the driver, what do people in the area no longer do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the squire leave the inn in Chapter 6?
2. What strange things does Mary learn are taking place at Jamaica Inn?
3. How did Joss buy Jamaica Inn?
4. What does Mary come across on the moors in Chapter 8?
5. What does Mary have to do for Joss when he returns in Chapter 4?
6. How does Mary describe the men who come to the bar in Chapter 4?
7. What does Mary wonder about Joss in Chapter 8?
8. Who comes to the inn in Chapter 6 and why?
9. What does Mary do while Joss is away for a week in Chapter 4?
10. What does the driver tell Mary about Jamaica Inn?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)