|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days is Joss incoherent for in Chapter 8?
(a) Five days.
(b) One day.
(c) Ten days.
(d) Three days.
2. How does Mary describe her aunt presently?
3. What is the name of Mary's uncle?
4. How does Joss dispel the sailors haunting him in his dreams?
(a) He prays.
(b) He doesn't sleep.
(c) He carves them grave stones.
(d) He drinks.
5. How is Joss described in Chapter 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Joss meet with after Harry leaves in Chapter 4?
2. What event does Jem tell Mary happened at Christmas?
3. What is Mary told to ignore in Chapter 2?
4. According to Mary, how does Patience behave around her husband?
5. What lie does Mary tell the squire in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mary's aunt tell her when her aunt replies to Mary's letter?
2. What strange things does Mary learn are taking place at Jamaica Inn?
3. Who comes to the inn in Chapter 6 and why?
4. What does Mary have to do for Joss when he returns in Chapter 4?
5. What does Mary wonder about Joss in Chapter 8?
6. How did Mary and her mother survive after the death of her father?
7. What does Mary come across on the moors in Chapter 8?
8. How does Mary feel on her journey to Jamaica Inn?
9. Describe the relationship between Patience and Joss.
10. What does the driver tell Mary about Jamaica Inn?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)