|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Joss, what is Mary to do one night a week?
(a) Keep Patience company.
(b) Work in the bar.
(c) Stay in her bedroom.
(d) Dine at a friends'.
2. At what time of day does Mary go for walks in Chapter 4?
(a) Just before lunch.
(b) In the evening.
(c) In the early morning.
(d) In the afternoon.
3. What lie does Mary tell the squire in Chapter 6?
(a) That the silver is her dowry.
(b) That she thinks Joss is a law-abiding man.
(c) That nothing illegal has happened at the inn.
(d) That Joss has left town for good.
4. Who died when Mary was six years old?
(a) Mary's best friend.
(b) Mary's grandfather.
(c) Mary's father.
(d) Mary's sister.
5. What does Jem invite Mary to do for him in Chapter 8?
(a) Organize his books.
(b) Clean his kitchen.
(c) Make him lunch.
(d) Do his laundry.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mary feel while being kept indoors in Chapter 5?
2. In Chapter 6, who comes to Jamaica Inn with Squire Basset?
3. In the kitchen scene in Chapter 2, what does Joss outline for Mary?
4. When does the driver's demeanor change in Chapter 1?
5. Where does the driver drop Mary off in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mary consider doing at the end of Chapter 5?
2. Who comes to the inn in Chapter 6 and why?
3. What strange things does Mary learn are taking place at Jamaica Inn?
4. What does Mary observe in the middle of the night in Chapter 4?
5. What do Joss's stories remind Mary of in Chapter 8?
6. What does Mary have to do for Joss when he returns in Chapter 4?
7. How does Mary feel on her journey to Jamaica Inn?
8. How do Joss and Patience react to the Squire's visit?
9. How did Joss buy Jamaica Inn?
10. What does Mary come across on the moors in Chapter 8?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)