|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who raised Mary?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) Her mother.
2. What is Mary told to help Patience with in Chapter 2?
(a) Her charity work.
(b) Keeping up with her correspondence.
3. What keeps Mary indoors in Chapter 5?
(a) Joss's orders.
(b) Cold weather.
(c) A fever.
4. Who is the vicar of Altarnun?
(a) Francis Davey.
(b) Lucas Davey.
(c) Matthew Davey.
(d) George Davey.
5. What does Joss talk to Mary about in Chapter 8?
(a) Finding her a husband.
(b) His criminal experiences.
(c) His parents.
(d) Running away to the north.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jem steal from Squire Bassat's farm?
2. What does Mary do to stay out of Patience's and Joss's way in Chapter 8?
3. In Chapter 6, who comes to Jamaica Inn with Squire Basset?
4. How does the vicar escort Mary back to Jamaica Inn?
5. How does Mary feel while being kept indoors in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 7, how does Francis react when Mary tells him about Jamaica Inn and Joss?
2. What does the driver tell Mary about Jamaica Inn?
3. Who comes to the inn in Chapter 6 and why?
4. What does Mary wonder about Joss in Chapter 8?
5. Who is the stranger who comes to the inn in Chapter 5?
6. How does Mary describe the men who come to the bar in Chapter 4?
7. What does Mary consider doing at the end of Chapter 5?
8. Why does the squire leave the inn in Chapter 6?
9. What does Mary's aunt tell her when her aunt replies to Mary's letter?
10. How does Mary feel on her journey to Jamaica Inn?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)