|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Joss buy the inn from?
(a) Squire Bassat.
(b) A man with a drinking problemm.
(c) Lord Cornwall.
(d) His father.
2. What happens while Mary is crossing the moors in Chapter 6?
(a) She feels sick.
(b) She encounters a flock of sheep.
(c) She trips and falls.
(d) She gets lost.
3. What does Mary observe while eating a brief meal with Joss in Chapter 2?
(a) How he takes his tea.
(b) How he treats Patience.
(c) How dirty his hands are.
(d) How he chews his food.
4. What does Mary try to convince herself in Chapter 5?
(a) That her uncle is not a bad person.
(b) That her uncle is not an innocent man.
(c) That her uncle is not capable of murder.
(d) That her uncle is not a thief.
5. What does Mary do while working in the bar in Chapter 4?
(a) Sits in the back room.
(b) Makes drinks.
(c) Chats with the female patrons.
(d) Sings for the customers.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, who comes to Jamaica Inn with Squire Basset?
2. What is the name of Mary's uncle?
3. What causes Mary to go along with Jem's Christmas Eve plans?
4. What is Mary told to help Patience with in Chapter 2?
5. Why is Mary afraid she will have to sneak into Jamaica Inn in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the man on horseback in Chapter 6 and 7?
2. Where does Jem invite Mary in Chapter 8?
3. Why does the squire leave the inn in Chapter 6?
4. How do Joss and Patience react to the Squire's visit?
5. What does Mary do while Joss is away for a week in Chapter 4?
6. How are Mary's aunt and uncle described in Chapter 2?
7. What does Mary come across on the moors in Chapter 8?
8. What happens at the end of Chapter 6?
9. What instructions does Joss give Mary in Chapter 2?
10. Describe the relationship between Patience and Joss.
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)