|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Joss meet with after Harry leaves in Chapter 4?
(a) A man who has been hiding in the empty rooms.
(b) A man who is drunk.
(c) A man with a very deep voice.
(d) A man disguised as a vicar.
2. Who does Mary have breakfast with in Chapter 3?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) The cat.
(c) One of Joss' friends.
3. Who died a few months before the beginning of the narrative?
(a) Mary's father.
(b) Mary's friend.
(c) Mary's mother.
(d) Mary's aunt.
4. How many times had Mary met with Patience before Chapter 2?
(b) Three times.
(c) Five times.
5. In what state is Joss when Mary returns home at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) He is drunk.
(b) He is giddy with excitement.
(c) He is feeling sick.
(d) He is hallucinating.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary observe while eating a brief meal with Joss in Chapter 2?
2. What does Jem plan to do on Christmas Eve?
3. Who died when Mary was six years old?
4. In Chapter 6, who comes to Jamaica Inn with Squire Basset?
5. What is Mary told to help Patience with in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Joss buy Jamaica Inn?
2. What does the driver tell Mary about Jamaica Inn?
3. What strange things does Mary learn are taking place at Jamaica Inn?
4. What does Mary come across on the moors in Chapter 8?
5. Describe the relationship between Patience and Joss.
6. What do Joss's stories remind Mary of in Chapter 8?
7. What happens at the end of Chapter 6?
8. What does Mary consider doing at the end of Chapter 5?
9. In Chapter 7, how does Francis react when Mary tells him about Jamaica Inn and Joss?
10. In Chapter 3, what does Mary discover about the rooms at Jamaica Inn?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)