|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joss warn Mary to do before she goes to bed in Chapter 4?
(a) To stick by her aunt's side.
(b) To keep away from horse thieves.
(c) To keep her mouth shut.
(d) To brush her teeth.
2. Who is the vicar of Altarnun?
(a) Francis Davey.
(b) Lucas Davey.
(c) George Davey.
(d) Matthew Davey.
3. How does the vicar escort Mary back to Jamaica Inn?
(a) On horseback.
(b) In a carriage.
(c) On foot.
(d) In his dogcart.
4. What marsh does Mary wander toward in Chapter 8?
(a) Tregurrian Marsh.
(b) Trewartha Marsh.
(c) Trewoon Marsh.
(d) Todpool Marsh.
5. In the kitchen scene in Chapter 2, what does Joss outline for Mary?
(a) When he intends to kick her out.
(b) His expectations of her.
(c) Where she is allowed to go.
(d) What she may and may not say to Patience.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mary have breakfast with in Chapter 3?
2. How many days is Joss incoherent for in Chapter 8?
3. What does Squire Basset have with him when he comes to Jamaica Inn in Chapter 6?
4. Who raised Mary?
5. What does Jem plan to do on Christmas Eve?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mary come across on the moors in Chapter 8?
2. What does Joss tell Mary about his past in Chapter 8?
3. Who is the man on horseback in Chapter 6 and 7?
4. Where does Jem invite Mary in Chapter 8?
5. Why does Mary take many walks on the moors in Chapter 8?
6. What happens at the end of Chapter 6?
7. What does Mary wonder about Joss in Chapter 8?
8. What do Joss's stories remind Mary of in Chapter 8?
9. In Chapter 7, how does Francis react when Mary tells him about Jamaica Inn and Joss?
10. What does Mary observe in the middle of the night in Chapter 4?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)