|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mary allow Squire Basset to enter the house in Chapter 6?
(a) She trusts Squire Basset.
(b) It is raining outside.
(c) Joss is not home.
(d) She wants him to walk into her trap.
2. How had Mary remembered her aunt?
(a) As strict.
(b) As jolly.
(c) As sullen.
(d) As vivacious.
3. How does the vicar escort Mary back to Jamaica Inn?
(a) In a carriage.
(b) In his dogcart.
(c) On foot.
(d) On horseback.
4. What is Joss's brother's occupation?
(a) Confidence man.
(b) Horse thief.
5. Who approaches Mary at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) A child.
(c) A man on horseback.
(d) An old woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Patience feel when Squire Basset visits the inn in Chapter 6?
2. What did Jem steal from Squire Bassat's farm?
3. What does Mary do after waking up late in Chapter 3?
4. In what state is Joss when Mary returns home at the end of Chapter 7?
5. What does Joss talk to Mary about in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mary have to do for Joss when he returns in Chapter 4?
2. Who is the man on horseback in Chapter 6 and 7?
3. Where does Jem invite Mary in Chapter 8?
4. What does Mary come across on the moors in Chapter 8?
5. What does Mary observe in the middle of the night in Chapter 4?
6. Why does the squire leave the inn in Chapter 6?
7. What does Mary consider doing at the end of Chapter 5?
8. What happens at the end of Chapter 6?
9. In Chapter 3, what does Mary discover about the rooms at Jamaica Inn?
10. What strange things does Mary learn are taking place at Jamaica Inn?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)