|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who died when Mary was six years old?
(a) Mary's father.
(b) Mary's grandfather.
(c) Mary's best friend.
(d) Mary's sister.
2. According to the driver, what do people in the area no longer do?
(a) Have drinks at Jamaica Inn.
(b) Have parties at Jamaica Inn.
(c) Throw eggs at Jamaica Inn.
(d) Pray for Jamaica Inn.
3. How many days is Joss incoherent for in Chapter 8?
(a) Five days.
(b) Ten days.
(c) Three days.
(d) One day.
4. How had Mary remembered her aunt?
(a) As sullen.
(b) As vivacious.
(c) As strict.
(d) As jolly.
5. How does Patience feel when Squire Basset visits the inn in Chapter 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. What can't Mary help but notice about the vicar in Chapter 7?
2. In Chapter 6, who comes to Jamaica Inn with Squire Basset?
3. How are the people at the bar described in Chapter 4?
4. How does Mary feel while being kept indoors in Chapter 5?
5. How does Joss dispel the sailors haunting him in his dreams?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Joss and Patience react to the Squire's visit?
2. In Chapter 7, how does Francis react when Mary tells him about Jamaica Inn and Joss?
3. How did Joss buy Jamaica Inn?
4. When Mary's mother is dying, what does her mother make Mary promise? How does Mary feel about this promise?
5. What background information does the reader learn about Mary?
6. What does Mary do while Joss is away for a week in Chapter 4?
7. How does Mary feel on her journey to Jamaica Inn?
8. What does Mary's aunt tell her when her aunt replies to Mary's letter?
9. What do Joss's stories remind Mary of in Chapter 8?
10. Why does the squire leave the inn in Chapter 6?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)