|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the driver drop Mary off in Chapter 1?
(a) At hte town church.
(b) At his sister's house.
(c) On the side of the road in the middle of nowhere.
(d) The gate at Jamaica Inn.
2. What awakens Mary in Chapter 4?
(a) Wagons in the yard.
(b) Joss shouting.
(c) The smell of baking bread.
(d) Dogs barking.
3. What does Mary try to convince herself in Chapter 5?
(a) That her uncle is not a thief.
(b) That her uncle is not an innocent man.
(c) That her uncle is not capable of murder.
(d) That her uncle is not a bad person.
4. How does Patience feel when Squire Basset visits the inn in Chapter 6?
5. How does Mary find herself alone with Joss in Chapter 8?
(a) Joss kicks Patience out of the house.
(b) Patience falls ill.
(c) Patience goes to hang laundry.
(d) Patience goes to bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what does Mary overhear a man in the bar say to Joss, after the other men have left?
2. What is Mary's aunt's name?
3. Why is Mary afraid she will have to sneak into Jamaica Inn in Chapter 7?
4. What does Jem invite Mary to do for him in Chapter 8?
5. in Chapter 4, how long is Joss gone from Jamaica Inn?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mary have to do for Joss when he returns in Chapter 4?
2. What does Mary consider doing at the end of Chapter 5?
3. What does Mary wonder about Joss in Chapter 8?
4. What happens at the end of Chapter 6?
5. Who is the stranger who comes to the inn in Chapter 5?
6. Describe the relationship between Patience and Joss.
7. Where does Jem invite Mary in Chapter 8?
8. What background information does the reader learn about Mary?
9. How does Mary describe the men who come to the bar in Chapter 4?
10. How does Mary feel on her journey to Jamaica Inn?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)