|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mary told to ignore in Chapter 2?
(a) Questions she is asked about Joss.
(b) The mice and insects in the house.
(c) Local men who try to talk to her.
(d) Noises in the yard during the night.
2. In Chapter 3, what door does Mary discover is kept locked?
(a) The cellar door.
(b) The outer door to the bar.
(c) The pantry door.
(d) Joss's bedroom door.
3. What unsettles Mary in Chapter 1?
(a) The weather.
(b) The driver's incessant talking.
(c) The foreign landscape.
(d) The driver's smell.
4. What does Mary do to stay out of Patience's and Joss's way in Chapter 8?
(a) She goes to the river.
(b) She takes long walks on the moors.
(c) She sits on the porch.
(d) She reads in her room.
5. Who raised Mary?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Patience feel when Squire Basset visits the inn in Chapter 6?
2. What happens while Mary is crossing the moors in Chapter 6?
3. Where is Jamaica Inn located?
4. What does Mary begin to wonder about Jem's visit in Chapter 6?
5. In what state is Joss when Mary returns home at the end of Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the end of Chapter 6?
2. How did Mary and her mother survive after the death of her father?
3. Why does Mary take many walks on the moors in Chapter 8?
4. What does Mary consider doing at the end of Chapter 5?
5. How do Joss and Patience react to the Squire's visit?
6. In Chapter 3, what does Mary discover about the rooms at Jamaica Inn?
7. What does the driver tell Mary about Jamaica Inn?
8. How are Mary's aunt and uncle described in Chapter 2?
9. How does Mary describe the men who come to the bar in Chapter 4?
10. How does Mary feel on her journey to Jamaica Inn?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)