|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary tell the vicar in Chapter 7?
(a) Everything she knows about Jamaica Inn and Joss.
(b) What her hopes and dreams are.
(c) That she hates living at Jamaica Inn.
(d) That she thinks the moors are haunted.
2. What kind of house does Jem have?
(a) A farm.
(b) A shack.
(c) A cottage.
(d) A cabin.
3. How had Mary remembered her aunt?
(a) As sullen.
(b) As jolly.
(c) As strict.
(d) As vivacious.
4. How is Joss described in Chapter 2?
5. Where does the driver drop Mary off in Chapter 1?
(a) The gate at Jamaica Inn.
(b) At his sister's house.
(c) On the side of the road in the middle of nowhere.
(d) At hte town church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary observe while eating a brief meal with Joss in Chapter 2?
2. What can't Mary help but notice about the vicar in Chapter 7?
3. Who does Mary have breakfast with in Chapter 3?
4. In Chapter 3, what door does Mary discover is kept locked?
5. How does Joss dispel the sailors haunting him in his dreams?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Mary's aunt and uncle described in Chapter 2?
2. Why does Mary take many walks on the moors in Chapter 8?
3. How does Mary describe the men who come to the bar in Chapter 4?
4. What do Joss's stories remind Mary of in Chapter 8?
5. How did Joss buy Jamaica Inn?
6. What happens at the end of Chapter 6?
7. Where does Jem invite Mary in Chapter 8?
8. What does Mary have to do for Joss when he returns in Chapter 4?
9. In Chapter 3, what does Mary discover about the rooms at Jamaica Inn?
10. Who comes to the inn in Chapter 6 and why?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)