|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mary's aunt's name?
2. Who does Mary follow across the moors in Chapter 6?
(c) An unknown figure.
3. Who did Joss buy the inn from?
(a) Squire Bassat.
(b) Lord Cornwall.
(c) A man with a drinking problemm.
(d) His father.
4. What kind of house does Jem have?
(a) A cabin.
(b) A farm.
(c) A shack.
(d) A cottage.
5. How are the people at the bar described in Chapter 4?
(a) Poor farmers.
(b) Respectable ladies and gentlemen.
(c) Outcasts of respectable society.
(d) The dregs of society.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the vicar of Altarnun?
2. What does Squire Basset have with him when he comes to Jamaica Inn in Chapter 6?
3. Who raised Mary?
4. Who approaches Mary at the end of Chapter 6?
5. What is the name of Joss's brother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mary do while Joss is away for a week in Chapter 4?
2. In Chapter 3, what does Mary discover about the rooms at Jamaica Inn?
3. How are Mary's aunt and uncle described in Chapter 2?
4. Why does the squire leave the inn in Chapter 6?
5. What does Mary have to do for Joss when he returns in Chapter 4?
6. How do Joss and Patience react to the Squire's visit?
7. What strange things does Mary learn are taking place at Jamaica Inn?
8. Why does Mary take many walks on the moors in Chapter 8?
9. Who is the man on horseback in Chapter 6 and 7?
10. What does Mary wonder about Joss in Chapter 8?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)