|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can't Mary help but notice about the vicar in Chapter 7?
(a) That she caught him glaring at her.
(b) That he seems to distrust people.
(c) His crippled hand.
(d) A duality in his personality.
2. Who raised Mary?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) Her grandmother.
3. How is Joss described in Chapter 2?
4. What does Mary think of Joss's guests in Chapter 4?
(a) They are charming.
(b) They are evil.
(c) They are suspicious.
(d) They are vulgar.
5. According to the driver, what do people in the area no longer do?
(a) Throw eggs at Jamaica Inn.
(b) Have parties at Jamaica Inn.
(c) Have drinks at Jamaica Inn.
(d) Pray for Jamaica Inn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What lie does Mary tell the squire in Chapter 6?
2. What marsh does Mary wander toward in Chapter 8?
3. What is Mary's last name?
4. What does Mary observe while eating a brief meal with Joss in Chapter 2?
5. What does Jem plan to do on Christmas Eve?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Joss's stories remind Mary of in Chapter 8?
2. Why does the squire leave the inn in Chapter 6?
3. What does Mary wonder about Joss in Chapter 8?
4. How do Joss and Patience react to the Squire's visit?
5. Why does Mary take many walks on the moors in Chapter 8?
6. In Chapter 3, what does Mary discover about the rooms at Jamaica Inn?
7. How did Mary and her mother survive after the death of her father?
8. How does Mary describe the men who come to the bar in Chapter 4?
9. Who is the man on horseback in Chapter 6 and 7?
10. What does Mary consider doing at the end of Chapter 5?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)