|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mary meet with Mrs. Bassat?
(a) In the drawing room.
(b) In the library.
(c) In the study.
(d) In the gazebo.
2. What is the weather like as Mary is walking?
3. Where does Mary dream of going in Chapter 18?
4. When Mary wakes in Chapter 17, what is Mr. Davey doing?
(a) Putting a gag in her mouth.
(b) Tying her up.
(c) Loading a pistol.
5. What does Mary find at the vicarage which disturbs her?
(a) A poem.
(b) A scrapbook.
(c) A letter.
(d) A caricature.
6. What does Mr. Davey give Mary in Chapter 10?
(a) A note.
(b) A blanket.
(c) A flask.
(d) A cloak.
7. What does Mr. Davey tell Mary Jem has found in Chapter 16?
(a) A bottle.
(b) A hair.
(c) A nail.
(d) A footprint.
8. What does Mrs. Bassat provide for Mary in Chapter 14?
(a) A pound coin.
(b) A carriage.
(c) A hot meal.
(d) A letter of reference.
9. What does Mary leave for the vicar?
(a) An address.
(b) A note.
(c) A book.
10. Who does Mary intend to tell about Joss's latest activities?
(a) The squire.
(b) The vicar.
(c) The press.
11. What is the carriage ride like for Mary after Mr. Davey leaves?
12. How does Mary react when she sees a ship in Chapter 11?
(a) She curses.
(b) She faints.
(c) She knocks the signal light over.
(d) She screams.
13. What does Jem assure Mary about himself in Chapter 9?
(a) That he has never stolen.
(b) That he has a small fortune saved.
(c) That he would kill Joss if he had to.
(d) That he has never killed anyone.
14. Whom does Mr. Davey say Jem has gone to interview?
(a) An apothecary.
(b) A butcher.
(c) A furrier.
(d) A blacksmith.
15. What does Mary do when she goes downstairs in Chapter 13?
(a) Goes through the cargo for anything useful.
(b) Lets Harry go.
(c) Steals some of Joss' papers from his desk.
(d) Helps Patience.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Jem get for the high-bred pony?
2. Who does Mary trip over as she is walking up the road in Chapter 11?
3. What does Mr. Davey say will stop Joss from causing ships to wreck?
4. Why had Mr. Davey medicated Mary in Chapter 16?
5. What does Mary explain to Jem when he enters her bedroom?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)