|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Mr. Davey get out of the carriage?
(a) When the carriage reaches his house.
(b) At the turn for Altarnun.
(c) At the same time Mary gets in.
(d) A few yards from Jamaica Inn.
2. What does Mrs. Bassat provide for Mary in Chapter 14?
(a) A pound coin.
(b) A letter of reference.
(c) A hot meal.
(d) A carriage.
3. What is the name of the vicar's housekeeper?
4. About how long does Mary wait for Jem to return?
(a) Ten minutes.
(b) One hour.
(c) Half and hour.
(d) Two hours.
5. What does Mary beg Jem to do in Chapter 13?
(a) Set Joss's horse loose.
(b) Let her take care of Joss.
(c) Turn Joss over to the authorities.
(d) Tell Mr. Davey where Joss plans to go.
6. Who arrives to help Mary at the end of Chapter 9?
(a) Mr. Davey.
7. When Mary finds him, where had Joss been stabbed?
(a) In the back.
(b) In the side.
(c) In the head.
(d) In the chest.
8. When she returns to the inn, how does Mary know Joss is still inside?
(a) She can see him.
(b) The laundry is still on the clothes line.
(c) His horse is still there.
(d) The can hear him shouting for her.
9. How does Mary feel at the Bassat house in Chapter 18?
10. What state is Joss in when Mary goes downstairs in Chapter 12?
(a) He is enraged.
(b) He is giddy.
(c) He is drunk.
(d) He is frightened.
11. What is clear to Mary about the men she is riding with in Chapter 11?
(a) They want to impress her.
(b) They want to take advantage of her.
(c) They want to kill her.
(d) They want to protect her.
12. Why does Harry come to the inn in Chapter 12?
(a) He wants to warn Joss about something.
(b) He wants some of the cargo.
(c) He wants to apologize to Mary.
(d) He wants to hide from the lawmen.
13. What does Mary leave for the vicar?
(b) An address.
(c) A book.
(d) A note.
14. How does Mary react when she sees a ship in Chapter 11?
(a) She knocks the signal light over.
(b) She faints.
(c) She screams.
(d) She curses.
15. Where does Mary see Jem in Chapter 18?
(a) In Launceston.
(b) At the beach.
(c) At Jamaica Inn.
(d) On the moors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives at the end of Chapter 15?
2. Who is the second person Mary suspects of Joss's murder?
3. Where does Mary find Joss when she returns to the inn in Chapter 14?
4. Where does Mary meet with Mrs. Bassat?
5. Who is Mary told Jem left with?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)