|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 18, what is in the cart Jem is toting?
(a) Ship debris.
(b) All his possessions.
(d) A pig.
2. What does Mary do while working in the bar in Chapter 4?
(a) Sings for the customers.
(b) Makes drinks.
(c) Sits in the back room.
(d) Chats with the female patrons.
3. Why does Mary start snooping around the vicarage in Chapter 16?
(a) To learn more about the vicar.
(b) To find out where Jem is hiding.
(c) To find evidence against the vicar.
(d) To look for her missing papers.
4. What is strange about the house when Mary goes downstairs in Chapter 12?
(a) There seems to have been a fire.
(b) The furniture has all been removed.
(c) There is a musty, bloody smell.
(d) The doors and shutters are locked.
5. What trip does Mary recall in Chapter 8?
(a) A trip to Ireland.
(b) A trip to the shore with her parents.
(c) A trip to France.
(d) A trip to a village festival.
Short Answer Questions
1. What state is Joss in when Mary goes downstairs in Chapter 12?
2. According to Mrs. Bassat, what is Squire Bassat on his way to do?
3. What kind of work did her family do?
4. In Chapter 10, what does Mary say when Joss asks her where she has been?
5. Who arrives to help Mary at the end of Chapter 9?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)