|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What century is the novel set in?
(a) The seventeenth century.
(b) The eighteenth century.
(c) The twentieth century.
(d) The nineteenth century.
2. Where does Mary decide to go after leaving the vicar's house?
(a) North Hill.
(c) Trewartha Marsh.
3. What is the purpose of the signal light Mary finds?
(a) To illuminate Joss' maps and charts.
(b) To keep ships away.
(c) To communicate with another band of thieves.
(d) To draw ships onto the rocks.
4. What does Mary do to stay out of Patience's and Joss's way in Chapter 8?
(a) She goes to the river.
(b) She sits on the porch.
(c) She reads in her room.
(d) She takes long walks on the moors.
5. How is Joss described in Chapter 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Mary observes that the main purpose of the inn is not _____.
2. What do the thieves discover when they return to the carriage?
3. Who did Joss buy the inn from?
4. What did Jem steal from Squire Bassat's farm?
5. What would Joss sometimes do to the sailors who managed to swim to shore?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)