|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When she returns to the inn, how does Mary know Joss is still inside?
(a) She can see him.
(b) The laundry is still on the clothes line.
(c) The can hear him shouting for her.
(d) His horse is still there.
2. In Chapter 18, what is in the cart Jem is toting?
(b) Ship debris.
(c) All his possessions.
(d) A pig.
3. What kind of work did her family do?
(a) Brick work.
(b) Textile work.
(c) Farm work.
(d) Pottery work.
4. Who does Mary intend to tell about Joss's latest activities?
(a) The vicar.
(c) The press.
(d) The squire.
5. What does Jem ask Mary to do in Launceston?
(a) Marry him.
(b) Steal a pony with him.
(c) Spend the night with him.
(d) Help him get to Joss.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12, what does Joss say he shouldn't have done?
2. How does Mary feel at the Bassat house in Chapter 18?
3. What alerts Mary to someone being outside in Chapter 13?
4. What does Jem try to convince the person who insists on buying the second pony?
5. Why is Mary afraid she will have to sneak into Jamaica Inn in Chapter 7?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)