|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what state is Joss when Mary returns home at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) He is giddy with excitement.
(b) He is drunk.
(c) He is feeling sick.
(d) He is hallucinating.
2. What do Jem and Mary attend in Chapter 9?
(a) A play.
(b) The holiday fair.
(c) A horserace.
(d) A picnic.
3. In Chapter 4, what does Mary overhear a man in the bar say to Joss, after the other men have left?
(a) That he wants a bigger cut of their spoils.
(b) That he has killed someone.
(c) That he thinks the law has discovered their crimes.
(d) That he no longer wishes to participate in the criminal enterprise.
4. Why does Mary start snooping around the vicarage in Chapter 16?
(a) To learn more about the vicar.
(b) To find evidence against the vicar.
(c) To find out where Jem is hiding.
(d) To look for her missing papers.
5. Who does Joss meet with after Harry leaves in Chapter 4?
(a) A man disguised as a vicar.
(b) A man with a very deep voice.
(c) A man who is drunk.
(d) A man who has been hiding in the empty rooms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Davey give Mary in Chapter 10?
2. What is the name of the vicar's housekeeper?
3. What night of the week does Joss have his friends to the inn?
4. Where does Mary go to look for help after Jem disappears?
5. Who approaches Mary at the end of Chapter 6?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)