|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mary wait while Jem goes to retrieve the cart?
(a) Under the hotel awning.
(b) Beside an oak tree.
(c) By the river.
(d) At the saloon.
2. Who is Mary told Jem left with?
(a) A man in a carriage.
(b) A group of rough looking men.
(c) A young lady.
(d) A vicar.
3. Where does Mary find Joss when she returns to the inn in Chapter 14?
(a) In the office.
(b) In the stairwell.
(c) In the passageway.
(d) In the kitchen.
4. Why doesn't Mary let Jem into the Inn?
(a) She doesn't trust Jem since he abandoned her.
(b) She is locked in her room.
(c) She knows Patience wouldn't want her to.
(d) She is afraid of Joss.
5. What kind of house does Jem have?
(a) A shack.
(b) A cottage.
(c) A farm.
(d) A cabin.
Short Answer Questions
1. in Chapter 4, how long is Joss gone from Jamaica Inn?
2. What do Jem and Mary attend in Chapter 9?
3. What night of the week does Joss have his friends to the inn?
4. At what time of day does Mary go for walks in Chapter 4?
5. Where does Mary think she can stay until she saves up some money?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)