|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who died when Mary was six years old?
(a) Mary's sister.
(b) Mary's best friend.
(c) Mary's grandfather.
(d) Mary's father.
2. What lie does Mary tell the squire in Chapter 6?
(a) That she thinks Joss is a law-abiding man.
(b) That nothing illegal has happened at the inn.
(c) That the silver is her dowry.
(d) That Joss has left town for good.
3. Where is Mary instructed to wait while the inn is searched?
(a) In a carriage.
(b) In the yard.
(c) At a tavern.
(d) In the stable.
4. Who does Mary have breakfast with in Chapter 3?
(b) The cat.
(c) One of Joss' friends.
(d) Her aunt.
5. What country does Mary live in?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the vicar escort Mary back to Jamaica Inn?
2. How far is it for Mary to walk back to Jamaica Inn?
3. How does Mary find herself alone with Joss in Chapter 8?
4. When Mary awakes in Chapter 12, how long has she been asleep?
5. What does Jem tease Mary about in Chapter 8?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)