|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the thieves discover when they return to the carriage?
(a) It won't hold the cargo.
(b) It is stuck in the dirt.
(c) There is a dead man inside it.
(d) Its wheel is broken.
2. What does Jem try to convince the person who insists on buying the second pony?
(a) That it is stolen.
(b) That it is not tame.
(c) That it is sickly.
(d) That it is already sold.
3. Why do Joss's men start to fight?
(a) No one will admit to killing one of them.
(b) They can't agree on how to split up the cargo.
(c) They each want to go hide out in different places.
(d) There is not enough room on the cart.
4. How does Joss dispel the sailors haunting him in his dreams?
(a) He prays.
(b) He doesn't sleep.
(c) He drinks.
(d) He carves them grave stones.
5. What does Mary do to stay out of Patience's and Joss's way in Chapter 8?
(a) She reads in her room.
(b) She takes long walks on the moors.
(c) She goes to the river.
(d) She sits on the porch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event does Jem tell Mary happened at Christmas?
2. What century is the novel set in?
3. What incriminating evidence does Squire Basset find at the inn in Chapter 6?
4. Why does Mary feel the need to quickly return home in Chapter 14?
5. How does Mary react when she sees a ship in Chapter 11?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)