|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary tell the vicar in Chapter 7?
(a) That she thinks the moors are haunted.
(b) Everything she knows about Jamaica Inn and Joss.
(c) That she hates living at Jamaica Inn.
(d) What her hopes and dreams are.
2. In Chapter 5, why does Mary demand that a stranger leave the bar?
(a) Mary doesn't trust anyone anymore.
(b) Mary recognizes the man as a criminal.
(c) Joss does not like strangers in his inn.
(d) To calm Patience.
3. What does Mr. Davey tell Mary Jem has found in Chapter 16?
(a) A hair.
(b) A bottle.
(c) A footprint.
(d) A nail.
4. What is Mary's last name?
5. Where does Mary dream of going in Chapter 18?
Short Answer Questions
1. What incriminating evidence does Squire Basset find at the inn in Chapter 6?
2. Where does the driver drop Mary off in Chapter 1?
3. How many days is Joss incoherent for in Chapter 8?
4. How does Joss dispel the sailors haunting him in his dreams?
5. What does Squire Basset have with him when he comes to Jamaica Inn in Chapter 6?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)