|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mary feel the need to quickly return home in Chapter 14?
(a) To clear her name.
(b) To see her aunt.
(c) To stop Joss from murdering again.
(d) To collect her things.
2. How does Mary react when she sees a ship in Chapter 11?
(a) She screams.
(b) She curses.
(c) She faints.
(d) She knocks the signal light over.
3. Where does Mary decide to go after leaving the vicar's house?
(a) Trewartha Marsh.
(b) North Hill.
4. Whom does Mr. Davey say Jem will discover is the killer?
(a) Mrs. Besset.
(b) Squire Besset.
(d) Mr. Davey.
5. Where does Jem say he is heading in Chapter 18?
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Joss sometimes do to the sailors who managed to swim to shore?
2. What does Joss decide to do at the end of Chapter 12?
3. What is the carriage ride like for Mary after Mr. Davey leaves?
4. When does Mr. Davey get out of the carriage?
5. Why does Harry come to the inn in Chapter 12?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)