|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary have to be careful not to do while out walking?
(a) Fall into a ditch.
(b) Get stuck in moors.
(c) Lose her shoes in mud.
(d) Trip on the loose rocks.
2. Who does Mary intend to tell about Joss's latest activities?
(a) The vicar.
(c) The squire.
(d) The press.
3. In Chapter 18, what is in the cart Jem is toting?
(a) A pig.
(b) Ship debris.
(d) All his possessions.
4. According to Joss, what is Mary to do one night a week?
(a) Dine at a friends'.
(b) Work in the bar.
(c) Stay in her bedroom.
(d) Keep Patience company.
5. What event does Jem tell Mary happened at Christmas?
(a) His father's disappearance.
(b) The village riot.
(c) His housefire.
(d) His mother's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the vicar of Altarnun?
2. What happens while Mary is crossing the moors in Chapter 6?
3. What does Mary do before going on walks in Chapter 4?
4. What is the carriage ride like for Mary after Mr. Davey leaves?
5. Where does Mary see Jem in Chapter 18?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)