|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary explain to Jem when he enters her bedroom?
(a) Why Patience can be heard crying.
(b) What happened to her on Christmas Eve.
(c) Where Harry is hiding.
(d) Why the building smells of smoke.
2. What does Mary find at the vicarage which disturbs her?
(a) A letter.
(b) A caricature.
(c) A scrapbook.
(d) A poem.
3. What does Mary think when Jem doesn't return with the cart?
(a) That he has been beaten.
(b) That he is off with his friends.
(c) That he has abandoned her.
(d) That he has been kidnapped.
4. What does Jem plan to do on Christmas Eve?
(a) Sit at home alone.
(b) Help out a church.
(c) Take some ponies to Launceston.
(d) Visit the cemetery.
5. Where is Mary instructed to wait while the inn is searched?
(a) In the yard.
(b) At a tavern.
(c) In a carriage.
(d) In the stable.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary have to be careful not to do while out walking?
2. What does Mr. Davey say will stop Joss from causing ships to wreck?
3. What is the name of the vicar's housekeeper?
4. When Mary awakes in Chapter 12, how long has she been asleep?
5. What does Mary think she can do before Joss notices she's gone in Chapter 13?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)