|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mary's last name?
2. What does Mary do to stay out of Patience's and Joss's way in Chapter 8?
(a) She goes to the river.
(b) She takes long walks on the moors.
(c) She sits on the porch.
(d) She reads in her room.
3. How do Joss and his friends kill the carriage driver?
(a) They shoot him.
(b) They cause him to have a heart attack.
(c) They strangle him.
(d) The strike him on the head.
4. When Mary leaves Jamaica in Chapter 9, what does she fail to do?
(a) Tell anyone she is going.
(b) Hide her letters.
(c) Lock the door.
(d) Have breakfast.
5. What does Mary try to convince herself in Chapter 5?
(a) That her uncle is not capable of murder.
(b) That her uncle is not a bad person.
(c) That her uncle is not an innocent man.
(d) That her uncle is not a thief.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mary dream of going in Chapter 18?
2. How does Mary describe her aunt presently?
3. In Chapter 5, why does Mary demand that a stranger leave the bar?
4. What family has a bad reputation in the area where Jamaica Inn is located?
5. How many days is Joss incoherent for in Chapter 8?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)