|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary begin to wonder about Jem's visit in Chapter 6?
(a) Whether he had an alterior motive for coming.
(b) Whether or not it was a coincidence.
(c) Whether he had been waiting for her.
(d) Whether she acted foolishly.
2. When Mary reaches her destination at the end of Chapter 13, what does she discover?
(a) The vicar is not home.
(b) Everyone is at a funeral for the sailors.
(c) She has forgotten her evidence against Joss.
(d) Joss is already there waiting for her.
3. What causes Mary to go along with Jem's Christmas Eve plans?
(a) Jem offers to reward her.
(b) She thinks of what Christmas Eve with Joss would be like.
(c) Jem accuses her of being afraid.
(d) She feels sorry for him.
4. Where is Mary instructed to wait while the inn is searched?
(a) At a tavern.
(b) In the yard.
(c) In a carriage.
(d) In the stable.
5. How does Mary react when she sees a ship in Chapter 11?
(a) She curses.
(b) She knocks the signal light over.
(c) She faints.
(d) She screams.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jem assure Mary about Joss in Chapter 9?
2. Whom does Mr. Davey say Jem has gone to interview?
3. What trip does Mary recall in Chapter 8?
4. In Chapter 3, what door does Mary discover is kept locked?
5. How does Mary find herself alone with Joss in Chapter 8?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)