|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Patience care for Joss in Chapter 8?
(a) As though he were a baby.
(b) Without much care.
(c) Like a stranger.
(d) As though he were a dog.
2. Why does Mary feel that she can trust the vicar?
(a) Because of his smile.
(b) Because of his age.
(c) Because of his shyness.
(d) Because of his profession.
3. What does Mary begin to wonder about Jem's visit in Chapter 6?
(a) Whether or not it was a coincidence.
(b) Whether he had been waiting for her.
(c) Whether he had an alterior motive for coming.
(d) Whether she acted foolishly.
4. Whom does Mr. Davey say Jem will discover is the killer?
(a) Mrs. Besset.
(b) Squire Besset.
(c) Mr. Davey.
5. Where does Mary decide to go after leaving the vicar's house?
(a) Trewartha Marsh.
(c) North Hill.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, what does Mary say when Joss asks her where she has been?
2. What does Mary leave for the vicar?
3. What night of the week does Joss have his friends to the inn?
4. When does Mr. Davey get out of the carriage?
5. Who does Joss meet with after Harry leaves in Chapter 4?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)