|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days is Joss incoherent for in Chapter 8?
(a) One day.
(b) Three days.
(c) Ten days.
(d) Five days.
2. Why do the thieves burn the cart?
(a) To send a signal.
(b) To keep warm.
(c) To hide their trail.
(d) To dispose of the dead bodies.
3. What disappoints the squire in Chapter 15?
(a) Hearing Mary lied to him.
(b) Hearing Joss had been causing shipwrecks.
(c) Hearing Jem is a murderer.
(d) That no one witnessed the murders.
4. What does Mary tell Joss about the carriage?
(a) She got it from a mysterious stranger.
(b) She got it from squire Besset.
(c) She hired it.
(d) She got it from Mr. Davey.
5. What does Mary's mother make her promise before the start of the novel?
(a) To only marry for love.
(b) To finish school.
(c) To sell their property and move in with her aunt.
(d) To travel the world and forget about her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What century is the novel set in?
2. When does the driver's demeanor change in Chapter 1?
3. In Chapter 18, what is in the cart Jem is toting?
4. Who does Mary intend to tell about Joss's latest activities?
5. What does Mary discover about the guest rooms in Chapter 3?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)