|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the town Mary grew up in?
2. In Chapter 5, why does Mary demand that a stranger leave the bar?
(a) Mary doesn't trust anyone anymore.
(b) To calm Patience.
(c) Mary recognizes the man as a criminal.
(d) Joss does not like strangers in his inn.
3. What does Mr. Davey give Mary in Chapter 10?
(a) A cloak.
(b) A flask.
(c) A note.
(d) A blanket.
4. Where does Mary find herself when she awakes in Chapter 11?
(a) Tied up on a beach.
(b) In a cave.
(c) In a roadside ditch.
(d) Locked in the carriage.
5. How are the people at the bar described in Chapter 4?
(a) Poor farmers.
(b) The dregs of society.
(c) Respectable ladies and gentlemen.
(d) Outcasts of respectable society.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jem steal from Squire Bassat's farm?
2. Who does Mary lie to protect in Chapter 6?
3. Where does Mary meet with Mrs. Bassat?
4. What state is Joss in when Mary goes downstairs in Chapter 12?
5. What kind of house does Jem have?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)