|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Joss buy the inn from?
(a) Squire Bassat.
(b) His father.
(c) Lord Cornwall.
(d) A man with a drinking problemm.
2. How is Joss described in Chapter 2?
3. What does Mary think of Joss's guests in Chapter 4?
(a) They are evil.
(b) They are vulgar.
(c) They are suspicious.
(d) They are charming.
4. When does Mr. Davey get out of the carriage?
(a) At the same time Mary gets in.
(b) A few yards from Jamaica Inn.
(c) At the turn for Altarnun.
(d) When the carriage reaches his house.
5. What do the thieves discover when they return to the carriage?
(a) There is a dead man inside it.
(b) Its wheel is broken.
(c) It is stuck in the dirt.
(d) It won't hold the cargo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jem say he is heading in Chapter 18?
2. In what state is Joss when Mary returns home at the end of Chapter 7?
3. What is the carriage ride like for Mary after Mr. Davey leaves?
4. Who died when Mary was six years old?
5. How does Mary feel while being kept indoors in Chapter 5?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)