|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mary feel the need to quickly return home in Chapter 14?
(a) To stop Joss from murdering again.
(b) To collect her things.
(c) To see her aunt.
(d) To clear her name.
2. What does Mary find at the vicarage which disturbs her?
(a) A letter.
(b) A caricature.
(c) A scrapbook.
(d) A poem.
3. in Chapter 4, how long is Joss gone from Jamaica Inn?
(a) A fortnight.
(b) Three days.
(c) One week.
(d) Ten days.
4. Whom does Mr. Davey say Jem has gone to interview?
(a) An apothecary.
(b) A blacksmith.
(c) A furrier.
(d) A butcher.
5. What do Jem and Mary attend in Chapter 9?
(a) A horserace.
(b) A play.
(c) A picnic.
(d) The holiday fair.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Joss, what is Mary to do one night a week?
2. What does Mary try to convince herself in Chapter 5?
3. After telling Mr. Davey what Joss had revealed, what does Mr. Davey say to Mary?
4. What does Joss decide to do at the end of Chapter 12?
5. When does the driver's demeanor change in Chapter 1?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)