|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mary finds him, where had Joss been stabbed?
(a) In the chest.
(b) In the head.
(c) In the side.
(d) In the back.
2. What does Mary do to stay out of Patience's and Joss's way in Chapter 8?
(a) She takes long walks on the moors.
(b) She goes to the river.
(c) She sits on the porch.
(d) She reads in her room.
3. What is Mary's last name?
4. Where does Mary think she can stay until she saves up some money?
(a) With cousins.
(b) At a workhouse.
(c) With friends.
(d) At a convent.
5. What does Jem steal from Mary in Chapter 9?
(a) Her toffee.
(c) Her hairpin.
(d) A pound coin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Joss and his friends kill the carriage driver?
2. Who is the second person Mary suspects of Joss's murder?
3. According to Joss, what is Mary to do one night a week?
4. Why is Mary afraid she will have to sneak into Jamaica Inn in Chapter 7?
5. How had Mary remembered her aunt?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)