|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mary react when she sees a ship in Chapter 11?
(a) She screams.
(b) She curses.
(c) She faints.
(d) She knocks the signal light over.
2. What does Mary do to stay out of Patience's and Joss's way in Chapter 8?
(a) She goes to the river.
(b) She takes long walks on the moors.
(c) She sits on the porch.
(d) She reads in her room.
3. Why does Mary feel the need to quickly return home in Chapter 14?
(a) To stop Joss from murdering again.
(b) To clear her name.
(c) To see her aunt.
(d) To collect her things.
4. What is the name of the town Mary grew up in?
5. How much does Jem get for the high-bred pony?
(a) Twice what he expected.
(b) Half what he expected.
(c) Exactly what he expected.
(d) Five times what he expected.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, who comes to Jamaica Inn with Squire Basset?
2. What does Mr. Davey give Mary in Chapter 10?
3. Who does Mary trip over as she is walking up the road in Chapter 11?
4. How does Mary describe her aunt presently?
5. What event does Jem tell Mary happened at Christmas?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)