|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jem plan to do on Christmas Eve?
(a) Take some ponies to Launceston.
(b) Sit at home alone.
(c) Visit the cemetery.
(d) Help out a church.
2. What state is Joss in when Mary goes downstairs in Chapter 12?
(a) He is giddy.
(b) He is frightened.
(c) He is drunk.
(d) He is enraged.
3. How had Mary remembered her aunt?
(a) As jolly.
(b) As vivacious.
(c) As strict.
(d) As sullen.
4. Who does Mary trip over as she is walking up the road in Chapter 11?
(a) A dead body.
5. How does the vicar escort Mary back to Jamaica Inn?
(a) On horseback.
(b) In his dogcart.
(c) On foot.
(d) In a carriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to buy the high-bred pony from Jem?
2. What is the carriage ride like for Mary after Mr. Davey leaves?
3. What does Joss warn Mary to do before she goes to bed in Chapter 4?
4. What lie does Mary tell the squire in Chapter 6?
5. In Chapter 5, why does Mary demand that a stranger leave the bar?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)