|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the driver, what do people in the area no longer do?
(a) Pray for Jamaica Inn.
(b) Throw eggs at Jamaica Inn.
(c) Have parties at Jamaica Inn.
(d) Have drinks at Jamaica Inn.
2. In Chapter 5, why does Mary demand that a stranger leave the bar?
(a) Mary recognizes the man as a criminal.
(b) Mary doesn't trust anyone anymore.
(c) To calm Patience.
(d) Joss does not like strangers in his inn.
3. In Chapter 3, what door does Mary discover is kept locked?
(a) The outer door to the bar.
(b) The pantry door.
(c) The cellar door.
(d) Joss's bedroom door.
4. What does Jem ask Mary to do in Launceston?
(a) Spend the night with him.
(b) Marry him.
(c) Help him get to Joss.
(d) Steal a pony with him.
5. What would Joss sometimes do to the sailors who managed to swim to shore?
(a) Take them to the vicar to bless them.
(b) Pay for their burial.
(c) He would kill them.
(d) Bring them back to the inn.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mary react when she sees a ship in Chapter 11?
2. What does Jem tease Mary about in Chapter 8?
3. How many of his own men does Joss kill?
4. What happens sooner than expected for the men Mary is with in Chapter 11?
5. What is Mary's last name?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)