|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What trip does Mary recall in Chapter 8?
(a) A trip to the shore with her parents.
(b) A trip to Ireland.
(c) A trip to a village festival.
(d) A trip to France.
2. Who died when Mary was six years old?
(a) Mary's best friend.
(b) Mary's grandfather.
(c) Mary's sister.
(d) Mary's father.
3. When does the driver's demeanor change in Chapter 1?
(a) When Mary mentions her mother.
(b) Once Mary is the only passenger.
(c) When night falls.
(d) At the mention of Jamaica Inn.
4. How are the people at the bar described in Chapter 4?
(a) Respectable ladies and gentlemen.
(b) The dregs of society.
(c) Poor farmers.
(d) Outcasts of respectable society.
5. What awakens Mary in Chapter 4?
(a) Wagons in the yard.
(b) Joss shouting.
(c) The smell of baking bread.
(d) Dogs barking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What incriminating evidence does Squire Basset find at the inn in Chapter 6?
2. Who raised Mary?
3. In Chapter 4, what does Mary overhear a man in the bar say to Joss, after the other men have left?
4. What is the carriage ride like for Mary after Mr. Davey leaves?
5. Who is the vicar of Altarnun?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)