|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the kitchen scene in Chapter 2, what does Joss outline for Mary?
(a) What she may and may not say to Patience.
(b) Where she is allowed to go.
(c) His expectations of her.
(d) When he intends to kick her out.
2. What does Jem invite Mary to do for him in Chapter 8?
(a) Clean his kitchen.
(b) Make him lunch.
(c) Organize his books.
(d) Do his laundry.
3. How many of his own men does Joss kill?
4. What does Joss warn Mary to do before she goes to bed in Chapter 4?
(a) To brush her teeth.
(b) To keep her mouth shut.
(c) To stick by her aunt's side.
(d) To keep away from horse thieves.
5. What happens sooner than expected for the men Mary is with in Chapter 11?
(a) The sun comes up.
(b) The ship sinks.
(c) The cargo washes ashore.
(d) The lawmen arrive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary tell the vicar in Chapter 7?
2. How does the vicar escort Mary back to Jamaica Inn?
3. What did Jem steal from Squire Bassat's farm?
4. What does Jem assure Mary about himself in Chapter 9?
5. What night of the week does Joss have his friends to the inn?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)