|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the driver's demeanor change in Chapter 1?
(a) When night falls.
(b) Once Mary is the only passenger.
(c) When Mary mentions her mother.
(d) At the mention of Jamaica Inn.
2. Why do the thieves burn the cart?
(a) To hide their trail.
(b) To dispose of the dead bodies.
(c) To keep warm.
(d) To send a signal.
3. How does Mary react when she sees a ship in Chapter 11?
(a) She screams.
(b) She curses.
(c) She faints.
(d) She knocks the signal light over.
4. What does Jem tease Mary about in Chapter 8?
(a) Avoiding her family.
(b) Coming to see him alone.
(c) Wearing her best dress.
(d) Missing church services.
5. What is the name of Mary's uncle?
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Mary to go along with Jem's Christmas Eve plans?
2. How does Mary describe her aunt presently?
3. What does Mary observe while eating a brief meal with Joss in Chapter 2?
4. Who approaches Mary at the end of Chapter 6?
5. Where does Mary meet Jem in Chapter 9?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)