|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What century is the novel set in?
(a) The eighteenth century.
(b) The twentieth century.
(c) The nineteenth century.
(d) The seventeenth century.
2. What happens sooner than expected for the men Mary is with in Chapter 11?
(a) The sun comes up.
(b) The ship sinks.
(c) The lawmen arrive.
(d) The cargo washes ashore.
3. What awakens Mary in Chapter 4?
(a) Dogs barking.
(b) The smell of baking bread.
(c) Joss shouting.
(d) Wagons in the yard.
4. How does Joss dispel the sailors haunting him in his dreams?
(a) He prays.
(b) He doesn't sleep.
(c) He drinks.
(d) He carves them grave stones.
5. How does Mary describe her aunt presently?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of house does Jem have?
2. According to Joss, what is Mary to do one night a week?
3. Where does Joss take Mary in Chapter 11?
4. What is the purpose of the signal light Mary finds?
5. In Chapter 10, what does Mary say when Joss asks her where she has been?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)