|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mary leaves Jamaica in Chapter 9, what does she fail to do?
(a) Lock the door.
(b) Have breakfast.
(c) Tell anyone she is going.
(d) Hide her letters.
2. In Chapter 1, where does the driver try to dissuade Mary from going ?
(a) To her hometown.
(b) Jamaica Inn.
(d) To the moors.
3. What did Jem steal from Squire Bassat's farm?
(a) Metal wire.
(b) A pony.
(c) A lantern.
(d) A cart.
4. In Chapter 10, what does Mary say when Joss asks her where she has been?
(a) To a fair with Jem.
(b) To visit an old friend.
(c) To a service at church.
(d) To tell the squire about his illegal activities.
5. According to the driver, what do people in the area no longer do?
(a) Throw eggs at Jamaica Inn.
(b) Pray for Jamaica Inn.
(c) Have drinks at Jamaica Inn.
(d) Have parties at Jamaica Inn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Joss's brother?
2. Why is Mary afraid she will have to sneak into Jamaica Inn in Chapter 7?
3. In the kitchen scene in Chapter 2, what does Joss outline for Mary?
4. Who died when Mary was six years old?
5. What is Mary told to help Patience with in Chapter 2?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)