|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jem assure Mary about himself in Chapter 9?
(a) That he has never killed anyone.
(b) That he has a small fortune saved.
(c) That he has never stolen.
(d) That he would kill Joss if he had to.
2. Where is Jamaica Inn located?
(a) Between Bodmin and the border.
(b) In Launceston.
(c) Just outside of Mary's hometown.
(d) Between Bodmin and Launceston.
3. What is Mary told to help Patience with in Chapter 2?
(a) Her charity work.
(d) Keeping up with her correspondence.
4. What did Jem steal from Squire Bassat's farm?
(a) A lantern.
(b) Metal wire.
(c) A cart.
(d) A pony.
5. According to the driver, what do people in the area no longer do?
(a) Throw eggs at Jamaica Inn.
(b) Have drinks at Jamaica Inn.
(c) Have parties at Jamaica Inn.
(d) Pray for Jamaica Inn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary have to be careful not to do while out walking?
2. What is clear to Mary about the men she is riding with in Chapter 11?
3. How are the people at the bar described in Chapter 4?
4. Why do the thieves burn the cart?
5. What does Mary think when Jem doesn't return with the cart?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)