|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mary told to ignore in Chapter 2?
(a) Noises in the yard during the night.
(b) Questions she is asked about Joss.
(c) The mice and insects in the house.
(d) Local men who try to talk to her.
2. In Chapter 10, what does Mary say when Joss asks her where she has been?
(a) To a fair with Jem.
(b) To a service at church.
(c) To visit an old friend.
(d) To tell the squire about his illegal activities.
3. What does Mary try to convince herself in Chapter 5?
(a) That her uncle is not an innocent man.
(b) That her uncle is not a bad person.
(c) That her uncle is not a thief.
(d) That her uncle is not capable of murder.
4. What does Jem try to convince the person who insists on buying the second pony?
(a) That it is already sold.
(b) That it is not tame.
(c) That it is sickly.
(d) That it is stolen.
5. In Chapter 8, what does Mary say she witnessed on a trip she recalls?
(a) A birth.
(b) A shipwreck.
(c) A murder.
(d) A fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of work did her family do?
2. How does Patience feel when Squire Basset visits the inn in Chapter 6?
3. What is the carriage ride like for Mary after Mr. Davey leaves?
4. How many times had Mary met with Patience before Chapter 2?
5. How is Joss described in Chapter 2?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)