|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mary's aunt's name?
2. How do Joss and his friends kill the carriage driver?
(a) They strangle him.
(b) They cause him to have a heart attack.
(c) They shoot him.
(d) The strike him on the head.
3. How does Patience feel when Squire Basset visits the inn in Chapter 6?
4. How had Mary remembered her aunt?
(a) As strict.
(b) As sullen.
(c) As jolly.
(d) As vivacious.
5. When does the driver's demeanor change in Chapter 1?
(a) When night falls.
(b) Once Mary is the only passenger.
(c) At the mention of Jamaica Inn.
(d) When Mary mentions her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jem steal from Squire Bassat's farm?
2. How does Mary find herself alone with Joss in Chapter 8?
3. What is Mary told to ignore in Chapter 2?
4. Who died a few months before the beginning of the narrative?
5. What causes Mary to go along with Jem's Christmas Eve plans?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)