|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mary told to help Patience with in Chapter 2?
(a) Keeping up with her correspondence.
(c) Her charity work.
2. What marsh does Mary wander toward in Chapter 8?
(a) Tregurrian Marsh.
(b) Trewoon Marsh.
(c) Todpool Marsh.
(d) Trewartha Marsh.
3. What does Jem steal from Mary in Chapter 9?
(a) Her hairpin.
(b) Her toffee.
(d) A pound coin.
4. What does Mary do before going on walks in Chapter 4?
(a) Has tea.
(b) Does household chores.
(c) Writes in her diary.
(d) Visits neighbors.
5. According to Joss, what is Mary to do one night a week?
(a) Keep Patience company.
(b) Work in the bar.
(c) Dine at a friends'.
(d) Stay in her bedroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mary observes that the main purpose of the inn is not _____.
2. In the kitchen scene in Chapter 2, what does Joss outline for Mary?
3. What country does Mary live in?
4. What awakens Mary in Chapter 4?
5. After telling Mr. Davey what Joss had revealed, what does Mr. Davey say to Mary?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)