|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What night of the week does Joss have his friends to the inn?
2. When does the driver's demeanor change in Chapter 1?
(a) When night falls.
(b) When Mary mentions her mother.
(c) At the mention of Jamaica Inn.
(d) Once Mary is the only passenger.
3. What is Joss's brother's occupation?
(a) Horse thief.
(c) Confidence man.
4. What does Jem assure Mary about himself in Chapter 9?
(a) That he has never killed anyone.
(b) That he has never stolen.
(c) That he has a small fortune saved.
(d) That he would kill Joss if he had to.
5. In Chapter 1, where does the driver try to dissuade Mary from going ?
(a) To her hometown.
(b) To the moors.
(d) Jamaica Inn.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Mr. Davey get out of the carriage?
2. What does Jem tease Mary about in Chapter 8?
3. How had Mary remembered her aunt?
4. How are the people at the bar described in Chapter 4?
5. in Chapter 4, how long is Joss gone from Jamaica Inn?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)