|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mary afraid she will have to sneak into Jamaica Inn in Chapter 7?
(a) It is very late.
(b) She can't be seen in Patience's dress.
(c) She promised she would stay in her room.
(d) Joss's friends are loitering around.
2. What does Mary see in the bar after everyone has left in Chapter 4?
(a) A bloodied knife.
(b) A piston.
(c) A threatening letter.
(d) A noose.
3. What incriminating evidence does Squire Basset find at the inn in Chapter 6?
(a) A bloody knife.
(b) A few letters of correspondence.
(c) A cupboard full of silver pieces.
4. What is the purpose of the signal light Mary finds?
(a) To communicate with another band of thieves.
(b) To keep ships away.
(c) To draw ships onto the rocks.
(d) To illuminate Joss' maps and charts.
5. What does Jem plan to do on Christmas Eve?
(a) Take some ponies to Launceston.
(b) Help out a church.
(c) Visit the cemetery.
(d) Sit at home alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Joss, what is Mary to do one night a week?
2. What happens sooner than expected for the men Mary is with in Chapter 11?
3. Who died a few months before the beginning of the narrative?
4. What is clear to Mary about the men she is riding with in Chapter 11?
5. Who is the vicar of Altarnun?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)