|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Joss, what is Mary to do one night a week?
(a) Keep Patience company.
(b) Work in the bar.
(c) Stay in her bedroom.
(d) Dine at a friends'.
2. Who raised Mary?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Her mother.
3. What causes Mary to go along with Jem's Christmas Eve plans?
(a) She feels sorry for him.
(b) Jem accuses her of being afraid.
(c) She thinks of what Christmas Eve with Joss would be like.
(d) Jem offers to reward her.
4. How many of his own men does Joss kill?
5. In Chapter 4, what does Mary overhear a man in the bar say to Joss, after the other men have left?
(a) That he has killed someone.
(b) That he wants a bigger cut of their spoils.
(c) That he thinks the law has discovered their crimes.
(d) That he no longer wishes to participate in the criminal enterprise.
Short Answer Questions
1. What awakens Mary in Chapter 4?
2. In Chapter 5, why does Mary demand that a stranger leave the bar?
3. Who does Mary have breakfast with in Chapter 3?
4. What does Jem assure Mary about himself in Chapter 9?
5. In Chapter 8, what does Mary say she witnessed on a trip she recalls?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)