|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What marsh does Mary wander toward in Chapter 8?
(a) Tregurrian Marsh.
(b) Trewoon Marsh.
(c) Trewartha Marsh.
(d) Todpool Marsh.
2. What does Jem assure Mary about Joss in Chapter 9?
(a) That he isn't as bad as she thinks.
(b) That he will change his ways someday.
(c) That someday he will hang.
(d) That he would never hurt her.
3. After telling Mr. Davey what Joss had revealed, what does Mr. Davey say to Mary?
(a) Don't believe the words of an old drunk.
(b) Don't trust anyone.
(c) Don't go to the authorities.
(d) Don't jump to conclusions.
4. Where does Mary meet Jem in Chapter 9?
(a) On the road.
(b) In Altarnun.
(c) At the post office.
(d) On the moors.
5. Who died when Mary was six years old?
(a) Mary's grandfather.
(b) Mary's sister.
(c) Mary's best friend.
(d) Mary's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mary observes that the main purpose of the inn is not _____.
2. What happens while Mary is crossing the moors in Chapter 6?
3. What do Jem and Mary attend in Chapter 9?
4. In Chapter 3, what door does Mary discover is kept locked?
5. In what state is Joss when Mary returns home at the end of Chapter 7?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)