|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Joss meet with after Harry leaves in Chapter 4?
(a) A man disguised as a vicar.
(b) A man who is drunk.
(c) A man who has been hiding in the empty rooms.
(d) A man with a very deep voice.
2. What does Mary try to convince herself in Chapter 5?
(a) That her uncle is not capable of murder.
(b) That her uncle is not a thief.
(c) That her uncle is not an innocent man.
(d) That her uncle is not a bad person.
3. What does Jem invite Mary to do for him in Chapter 8?
(a) Make him lunch.
(b) Clean his kitchen.
(c) Organize his books.
(d) Do his laundry.
4. What does Mary think of Joss's guests in Chapter 4?
(a) They are charming.
(b) They are suspicious.
(c) They are evil.
(d) They are vulgar.
5. How does Joss dispel the sailors haunting him in his dreams?
(a) He carves them grave stones.
(b) He prays.
(c) He doesn't sleep.
(d) He drinks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary have to be careful not to do while out walking?
2. How much does Jem get for the high-bred pony?
3. What is the purpose of the signal light Mary finds?
4. What is clear to Mary about the men she is riding with in Chapter 11?
5. What happens sooner than expected for the men Mary is with in Chapter 11?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)