|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event does Jem tell Mary happened at Christmas?
(a) His father's disappearance.
(b) His mother's death.
(c) His housefire.
(d) The village riot.
2. How many of his own men does Joss kill?
3. Who is Mary told Jem left with?
(a) A vicar.
(b) A man in a carriage.
(c) A young lady.
(d) A group of rough looking men.
4. What does Mary begin to wonder about Jem's visit in Chapter 6?
(a) Whether he had an alterior motive for coming.
(b) Whether or not it was a coincidence.
(c) Whether she acted foolishly.
(d) Whether he had been waiting for her.
5. What does Mr. Davey give Mary in Chapter 10?
(a) A note.
(b) A blanket.
(c) A cloak.
(d) A flask.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mary lie to protect in Chapter 6?
2. What kind of work did her family do?
3. In Chapter 4, what does Mary overhear a man in the bar say to Joss, after the other men have left?
4. What does Mr. Davey say will stop Joss from causing ships to wreck?
5. What would Joss sometimes do to the sailors who managed to swim to shore?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)