|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the driver's demeanor change in Chapter 1?
(a) When night falls.
(b) At the mention of Jamaica Inn.
(c) When Mary mentions her mother.
(d) Once Mary is the only passenger.
2. According to Joss, what is Mary to do one night a week?
(a) Dine at a friends'.
(b) Work in the bar.
(c) Keep Patience company.
(d) Stay in her bedroom.
3. What do the thieves discover when they return to the carriage?
(a) Its wheel is broken.
(b) It won't hold the cargo.
(c) It is stuck in the dirt.
(d) There is a dead man inside it.
4. Who died a few months before the beginning of the narrative?
(a) Mary's friend.
(b) Mary's mother.
(c) Mary's aunt.
(d) Mary's father.
5. What happens while Mary is crossing the moors in Chapter 6?
(a) She trips and falls.
(b) She feels sick.
(c) She gets lost.
(d) She encounters a flock of sheep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can't Mary help but notice about the vicar in Chapter 7?
2. Where is Mary traveling to in Chapter 1?
3. What does Joss talk to Mary about in Chapter 8?
4. How had Mary remembered her aunt?
5. Who is Mary told Jem left with?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)