|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jem assure Mary about himself in Chapter 9?
(a) That he has a small fortune saved.
(b) That he would kill Joss if he had to.
(c) That he has never stolen.
(d) That he has never killed anyone.
2. In what state is Joss when Mary returns home at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) He is drunk.
(b) He is hallucinating.
(c) He is giddy with excitement.
(d) He is feeling sick.
3. How many of his own men does Joss kill?
4. Where does Joss take Mary in Chapter 11?
(a) To the coast.
(b) To the moors.
(c) To Launceston.
(d) To the cliffs.
5. What marsh does Mary wander toward in Chapter 8?
(a) Trewoon Marsh.
(b) Trewartha Marsh.
(c) Tregurrian Marsh.
(d) Todpool Marsh.
Short Answer Questions
1. What night of the week does Joss have his friends to the inn?
2. What causes Joss to be incoherent in Chapter 8?
3. What does Mary try to convince herself in Chapter 5?
4. What incriminating evidence does Squire Basset find at the inn in Chapter 6?
5. According to Joss, what is Mary to do one night a week?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)