|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Mary traveling to in Chapter 1?
(d) Her hometown.
2. What lie does Mary tell the squire in Chapter 6?
(a) That nothing illegal has happened at the inn.
(b) That Joss has left town for good.
(c) That she thinks Joss is a law-abiding man.
(d) That the silver is her dowry.
3. When Mary leaves Jamaica in Chapter 9, what does she fail to do?
(a) Tell anyone she is going.
(b) Lock the door.
(c) Have breakfast.
(d) Hide her letters.
4. What does Mary have to be careful not to do while out walking?
(a) Trip on the loose rocks.
(b) Lose her shoes in mud.
(c) Get stuck in moors.
(d) Fall into a ditch.
5. Why does Mary allow Squire Basset to enter the house in Chapter 6?
(a) She wants him to walk into her trap.
(b) Joss is not home.
(c) She trusts Squire Basset.
(d) It is raining outside.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mary, how does Patience behave around her husband?
2. Who does Mary trip over as she is walking up the road in Chapter 11?
3. How does Mary feel while being kept indoors in Chapter 5?
4. What is the weather like as Mary is walking?
5. How does Mary react when she sees a ship in Chapter 11?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)