|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What incriminating evidence does Squire Basset find at the inn in Chapter 6?
(b) A bloody knife.
(c) A few letters of correspondence.
(d) A cupboard full of silver pieces.
2. What does Mr. Davey say will stop Joss from causing ships to wreck?
(b) The threat of divine judgement.
(c) Coastal guards.
(d) Finding employment.
3. About how long does Mary wait for Jem to return?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Half and hour.
(c) Ten minutes.
(d) One hour.
4. Why does Mary allow Squire Basset to enter the house in Chapter 6?
(a) It is raining outside.
(b) Joss is not home.
(c) She wants him to walk into her trap.
(d) She trusts Squire Basset.
5. What does Mr. Davey give Mary in Chapter 10?
(a) A note.
(b) A cloak.
(c) A flask.
(d) A blanket.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Joss and his friends kill the carriage driver?
2. Why does Mary feel that she can trust the vicar?
3. What does Mary's mother make her promise before the start of the novel?
4. What does Jem tease Mary about in Chapter 8?
5. According to Mary, how does Patience behave around her husband?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)