Eight Week Quiz F
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jem assure Mary about himself in Chapter 9?
(a) That he has a small fortune saved.
(b) That he would kill Joss if he had to.
(c) That he has never stolen.
(d) That he has never killed anyone.
2. How does Mary react when she sees a ship in Chapter 11?
(a) She knocks the signal light over.
(b) She faints.
(c) She screams.
(d) She curses.
3. According to Joss, what is Mary to do one night a week?
(a) Work in the bar.
(b) Keep Patience company.
(c) Dine at a friends'.
(d) Stay in her bedroom.
4. What does Jem plan to do on Christmas Eve?
(a) Visit the cemetery.
(b) Sit at home alone.
(c) Take some ponies to Launceston.
(d) Help out a church.
5. Who does Mary follow across the moors in Chapter 6?
(b) An unknown figure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary discover about the guest rooms in Chapter 3?
2. Who does Mary have breakfast with in Chapter 3?
3. In Chapter 6, who comes to Jamaica Inn with Squire Basset?
4. In Chapter 4, what does Mary overhear a man in the bar say to Joss, after the other men have left?
5. In Chapter 5, why does Mary demand that a stranger leave the bar?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)