|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Joss buy the inn from?
(a) Squire Bassat.
(b) A man with a drinking problemm.
(c) His father.
(d) Lord Cornwall.
2. What does Joss warn Mary to do before she goes to bed in Chapter 4?
(a) To keep her mouth shut.
(b) To stick by her aunt's side.
(c) To brush her teeth.
(d) To keep away from horse thieves.
3. Where is Mary traveling to in Chapter 1?
(b) Her hometown.
4. What is Mary told to ignore in Chapter 2?
(a) The mice and insects in the house.
(b) Noises in the yard during the night.
(c) Local men who try to talk to her.
(d) Questions she is asked about Joss.
5. How had Mary remembered her aunt?
(a) As jolly.
(b) As vivacious.
(c) As strict.
(d) As sullen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Mary's uncle?
2. What is Joss's brother's occupation?
3. How many times had Mary met with Patience before Chapter 2?
4. According to the driver, what do people in the area no longer do?
5. Where does the driver drop Mary off in Chapter 1?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)