Four Week Quiz B
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far is it for Mary to walk back to Jamaica Inn?
(a) Eight miles.
(b) Ten miles.
(c) Three miles.
(d) Fifteen miles.
2. What alerts Mary to someone being outside in Chapter 13?
(a) She hears leaves rustling.
(b) Something hits her window.
(c) A dog barks.
(d) She hears her name being called.
3. What is Mary told to ignore in Chapter 2?
(a) Local men who try to talk to her.
(b) The mice and insects in the house.
(c) Noises in the yard during the night.
(d) Questions she is asked about Joss.
4. Where does Mary meet Jem in Chapter 9?
(a) At the post office.
(b) On the moors.
(c) On the road.
(d) In Altarnun.
5. Why is Mary afraid she will have to sneak into Jamaica Inn in Chapter 7?
(a) She can't be seen in Patience's dress.
(b) Joss's friends are loitering around.
(c) It is very late.
(d) She promised she would stay in her room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What family has a bad reputation in the area where Jamaica Inn is located?
2. Who did Joss buy the inn from?
3. Who does Mary follow across the moors in Chapter 6?
4. In Chapter 5, why does Mary demand that a stranger leave the bar?
5. Why does Mary allow Squire Basset to enter the house in Chapter 6?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)